What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8pm - B. Marshall [Q] & A. Jeffery [Q] - WRs, CHI (1 Viewer)

A source informed ESPN's Adam Schefter that both Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) and Brandon Marshall (ankle) are "75 percent" certain to miss Sunday Night Football against the 49ers.

They're both likely to be game-time decisions. Jeffery got in a limited practice Friday, while Marshall missed the entire work week. If neither can go, Santonio Holmes will fill the No. 1 receiver hole for Jay Cutler and become an intriguing WR3 option. Martellus Bennett and Matt Forte would also play expanded roles.

FWIW

Jeff Haseley @JeffHaseley

Disagree. I think BMarsh plays RT @NFLInjuryNws: 75% chance both Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery both don't play tonight, per Schefter

So these twitter posts are nothing more than opinions. Otherwise sources are contradicting each other. Clear as mud.

I think he's more likely to play than Jeffrey. He doesn't miss many games, so I could see him taping the hell out of that ankle, getting a shot of something wonderful, and just going for it. Of course, then there's the question of how effective he'd be....

I moved him into my flex spot for now. I'll be in a holding pattern until the later afternoon games today. Maybe more news will come out by then.

Bleh, my only option is Mike Evans at 4:25. And CBS had an article saying these two are unlikely. Opponent has AJ, so I guess it'll be safe to roll w/ Evans.

Biggs, a beat writer for the Bears, believes at least one WR will play. Doesn't proffer who though.

Jeffery owners who never even considered starting him will be pissed if he puts up a big game.

Guess if a guy's not doubtful...

Man...debating healthy crabtree or dinged up Marshall?

Any thoughts brothers?

Down by 3, he has foles, and I still have cutler....

Looks like they're both playing. I'm putting marshall in one league.....I picked up holmes this morning so I could plug him in till I knew.

In another league I'm putting Jeffery in for A.Bradshaw........I need the points in both leagues. Im not gonna overthink it.

Bears | Alshon Jeffery active Sun Sep 14, 07:06 PM

Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) is active for the Week 2 game against the San Francisco 49ers.

Footballguys view: Jeffery seemed even more questionable than Marshall, so he is the riskier play of the two. Still, it is probably better to play him than a low confidence option like Stevie Johnson, Trent Richardson, or even Carlos Hyde.

Bears | Brandon Marshall active Sun Sep 14, 06:44 PM

Chicago Bears WR Brandon Marshall (ankle) will be active for the Week 2 game against the San Francisco 49ers.

Footballguys view: Apparently Alshon Jeffery will also play. There is still risk of limited effectiveness or re-injury, but if you waited for either Bears receiver, looks like you can plug them in.

I'm holding a lead, he's got Vinatieri, and it would take a substantial night for him to beat me, but I'm plugging in Bradshaw over Marshall to at least feel good about keeping some cushion.

I'm a #####.

Insiders really, I effing sit Marshall.. I will never look at that garbage again. Oh neither wr going to play.. really And both are playing...pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread