What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4 Cops Shot in Houston, Police Union Head Promises to ‘Track’ Those Who Criticize Police (4 Viewers)

He didn't try to remove any first amendment rights.  He said they are going to keep tabs on those with anti-police rhetoric.  I would too with all the cop shootings lately.   Kind of a sad world when there's more outrage about that quote than it is about four cops getting shot.  B-b-b-but tribal politics
If he had said keep tabs on anyone making threats to police officers, then it would be fine. That's not what he said and, yes, it is an infringement on peoples' first amendment rights.  And your part about caring more about his big mouth than the guys who shot cops is just stupid to even comment on.  Start a thread asking people what they think about the drug dealers who shot cops.

If he had said keep tabs on anyone making threats to police officers, then it would be fine. That's not what he said and, yes, it is an infringement on peoples' first amendment rights.  And your part about caring more about his big mouth than the guys who shot cops is just stupid to even comment on.  Start a thread asking people what they think about the drug dealers who shot cops.
:yes:

I'd like to see that.

:popcorn:

Officer Pete Malloy said:
If you’re the ones that are out there spreading the rhetoric that teachers are lazy and overpaid, just know we’ve all got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track of all of y’all, and we’re going to make sure that we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our educators. We’ve had enough, folks. We’re out there doing our jobs every day*, putting up with your crappy kids.
*except during the summer

Officer Pete Malloy said:
If you’re the ones that are out there spreading the rhetoric that teachers are lazy and overpaid, just know we’ve all got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track of all of y’all, and we’re going to make sure that we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our educators. We’ve had enough, folks. We’re out there doing our jobs every day, putting up with your crappy kids.
After some of the rhetoric from the LA teachers strike this actually seems possible that some angry union teacher might say this. Maybe post a list of her students online and say some bad things about them. Then maybe some other teachers might defend that teacher. 

Scary what the union mentality can do sometimes. 

After some of the rhetoric from the LA teachers strike this actually seems possible that some angry union teacher might say this. Maybe post a list of her students online and say some bad things about them. Then maybe some other teachers might defend that teacher. 

Scary what the union mentality can do sometimes. 
lol no it doesn’t. Good lord.

So looks like the CI didn't actually buy drugs at the house where police executed a pre-dawn, no-knock raid which resulted in the shootout that killed the two residents and injured five police officers.

“We know for a fact that, more than likely, the investigating officer will be charged with a serious crime at some point,” [HPD Police Chief] Acevedo said.

So looks like the CI didn't actually buy drugs at the house where police executed a pre-dawn, no-knock raid which resulted in the shootout that killed the two residents and injured five police officers.

“We know for a fact that, more than likely, the investigating officer will be charged with a serious crime at some point,” [HPD Police Chief] Acevedo said.
My God man.  Police in this country are out of control. :(

This is very ungood.  I don’t even understand what happened; yeah they lied to get the warrants, but why?  They weren’t busting some constant run-in and heavily assumed drug dealer.  You gotta know once the raid is over your lies will be uncovered, so what’s the motivation here?

This is very ungood.  I don’t even understand what happened; yeah they lied to get the warrants, but why?  They weren’t busting some constant run-in and heavily assumed drug dealer.  You gotta know once the raid is over your lies will be uncovered, so what’s the motivation here?
The lies aren't always uncovered and who knows how many times they had gotten away with something like this in the past.

It appears to be one guy.  I imagine the motivation was personal.

Art Acevado - the Houston Police Chief - was Chief of Police in Austin before he went to Houston. He's always seemed like a pretty stand up guy. And he has always been in favor of community policing instead of a more militarized style.

That doesn't mean he's perfect, obviously. But I'd be willing to give him some benefit of the doubt that he will get to the bottom of this and fire/prosecute the cops if deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the story seems to have become, cops bust into a home, without announcing themselves, kill a dog, and then 2 probably innocent people(1 of whom is a disabled navy vet) based on phony evidence that nobody can agree even existed in the first place. Do I have this right? 

Pretty impressive that this guy was able to shoot 4 trained officers that had the drop on him. So in addition to being to being awful at gathering evidence, and vetting leads, they also suck at the tactical aspect too. 

People seriously wonder why there is such distrust of the police? Really? 

Users who are viewing this thread