What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4 Cops Shot in Houston, Police Union Head Promises to ‘Track’ Those Who Criticize Police (1 Viewer)

I know this has been explained to you before but that's called a straw man.  I never said anything about Trump or Stone or the actual raid. Don't put words in my mouth.

A LEO just issued some sort of "warning" to the public that they will be "held accountable" for expressing their right to free speech (and petition possibly).  That's fascist.  And you said you don't care.  

You support this fascist behavior.  Period.
Amazing how often Stealthy doesn't seem to care about the 1st Amendment but when the 2nd Amendment gets brought up he's in full defense mode for it.

Wonder what Stealthy would say if that guy issued a warning to anyone carrying a gun on them and that they would be held accountable if they found out, even if they are legally carrying.  I think Stealthy's head may explode trying to decide which side to blindly defend.

Amazing how often Stealthy doesn't seem to care about the 1st Amendment but when the 2nd Amendment gets brought up he's in full defense mode for it.

Wonder what Stealthy would say if that guy issued a warning to anyone carrying a gun on them and that they would be held accountable if they found out, even if they are legally carrying.  I think Stealthy's head may explode trying to decide which side to blindly defend.
But what about drunk drivers?

Sorry squistion but I have a real problem with the title of this thread. It’s one officer who made these comments, right? It’s not “police”. Was that on purpose on your part? Because it’s pretty lousy and unfair IMO. 

Wonder what Stealthy would say
Why in the hell would you ever do that?  

It’s completely amazing that you people still reply to him - I mean, who doesn’t enjoy banging their hear against the wall repeatedly?  Except in this case you’re not only banging your head against the wall but you have a group of people saying, “hey, we don’t think you should do that - it looks painful and we don’t want to watch it” but yet you and everyone else continues to do it.  

Also, the wall is a troll.

Sorry squistion but I have a real problem with the title of this thread. It’s one officer who made these comments, right? It’s not “police”. Was that on purpose on your part? Because it’s pretty lousy and unfair IMO. 
I was using the headline from the link and quoting the head of the Police Union, not just one individual police office. Also, the Houston PD has yet to say that he does not speak for them or is only speaking for the Union or himself - until they do that or add some sort of disclaimer then it appears that the powers that be share his public statements.  

I am open to changing to a different thread title that reflects what you think would be more accurate and incorporates my take on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Stealthy's head exploded long ago. #dontbanmebro

What's the square footage of this cave you've been living in?
I've also kinda defended stealthy because at least he'd engaged and my initial interactions with him at least led me to infer he read what I wrote.  And it's not like his views and opinions are much different from the views of the many people who live near me. 

I mean, allegorically speaking. 

Not just an officer, in which case I'd agree with you. This was the Police Officer's Union President. For a position that high, he should know better.

I made a sweeping generalization.  Does that discredit me?
You didn't make a sweeping generalization.  A sweeping generalization is applying a general rule to a specific instance (without proper evidence).  In hindsight, I suppose Stealthy didn't necessarily either and made more of a hasty generalization where he extrapolates one instance where he probably saw one liberal criticize police and, without evidence or support, made the blanket statement that all liberals bash the police whenever they can (when, obviously, not all liberals do). 

Why in the hell would you ever do that?  

It’s completely amazing that you people still reply to him - I mean, who doesn’t enjoy banging their hear against the wall repeatedly?  Except in this case you’re not only banging your head against the wall but you have a group of people saying, “hey, we don’t think you should do that - it looks painful and we don’t want to watch it” but yet you and everyone else continues to do it.  

Also, the wall is a troll.
Some of us find it entertaining and humorous seeing someone go in circles trying to defend something.  Some enjoy debating.  It's a political forum, that's what a lot of it is. 

People are often inconsistent with how they defend different parts of the Constitution.  Seems rather natural really.

Some of us find it entertaining and humorous seeing someone go in circles trying to defend something.  Some enjoy debating.  It's a political forum, that's what a lot of it is. 
There’s nothing entertaining or humorous about someone spamming the board with what has to be trolling or lies.  The only other options left are you are arguing with a child or someone who is not able to grasp simple concepts.  People have repeatedly asked you guys to stop replying to him - if you insist on replying to him I’m going to insist on pointing out how you are helping to ruin the forum.  

And no offense intended - you’re a good guy and I enjoy your posting - I feel the same way when Tanner, Henry and Tim reply to him.  

does the FBI count as law enforcement?  pretty sure the President of the United States has been criticizing and attacking law enforcement for a couple years now.  can we start by holding him accountable?

If you’re the ones that are out there spreading the rhetoric that teachers are lazy and overpaid, just know we’ve all got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track of all of y’all, and we’re going to make sure that we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our educators. We’ve had enough, folks. We’re out there doing our jobs every day, putting up with your crappy kids.

If you’re the ones that are out there spreading the rhetoric that teachers are lazy and overpaid, just know we’ve all got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track of all of y’all, and we’re going to make sure that we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our educators. We’ve had enough, folks. We’re out there doing our jobs every day, putting up with your crappy kids.
....... while posting on the internet all day long

oh did he say that ?
It was implied that if you are tracking people that would involve some sort of constant surveillance or monitoring of some sort, at the very least social media accounts. And this would have a chilling effect on free speech and probably not withstand a court challenge

I figured you just put their kids with the crappiest teachers.

It was implied that if you are tracking people that would involve some sort of constant surveillance or monitoring of some sort, at the very least social media accounts. And this would have a chilling effect on free speech and probably not withstand a court challenge
oh implied .... so he didn't say tracking or surveillance really?

if the courts want to challenge what he said, go for it ..... if someone wants to reprimand him that's their chain of command to do so. me? I see a man biting back at anti-police media that explodes every time there is a rare incident of misconduct

that's my view - ya'll can see it however you want to as well. I saw nothing wrong with it

I'm 100% in favor of 1st ...... and if a person or group or media verbally attacks police, and talks anti-police stuff, they should be held accountable and responsible for doing that don't you think ? that's 100% acceptable for people to be able to speak their mind AND be held accountable for what they say/speak/type as well

You want this guy to be held accountable for what he said, right? responsible for his words, right? You think he had a 1st Amendment right to say them? That's exactly what he's saying too .... that the anti-police people/media will be held accountable for what they say and do.

oh implied .... so he didn't say tracking or surveillance really?
Yes he did, it was in the OP:

“If you’re the ones that are out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, just know we’ve all got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track of all of y’all, and we’re going to make sure that we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers. We’ve had enough, folks. We’re out there doing our jobs every day, putting our lives on the line for our families.”
It is really hard to take you seriously when you can't be bothered to read a thread before making an uninformed comment.

does the FBI count as law enforcement?  pretty sure the President of the United States has been criticizing and attacking law enforcement for a couple years now.  can we start by holding him accountable?
You could always vote.

I'm 100% in favor of 1st ...... and if a person or group or media verbally attacks police, and talks anti-police stuff, they should be held accountable and responsible for doing that don't you think ? that's 100% acceptable for people to be able to speak their mind AND be held accountable for what they say/speak/type as well

You want this guy to be held accountable for what he said, right? responsible for his words, right? You think he had a 1st Amendment right to say them? That's exactly what he's saying too .... that the anti-police people/media will be held accountable for what they say and do.
It all depends on what that person says about the police.  If someone is criticizing the police because they don't think they are doing their job well then they have the right to do so without punishment.  People also have the right to call out police if they are abusing their powers, profiling or shooting innocent people.

If someone is using slanderous talk towards the police then they should be held accountable for it.

I'm 100% in favor of 1st ......

and if a person or group or media verbally attacks police, and talks anti-police stuff, they should be held accountable and responsible for doing that don't you think ? that's 100% acceptable for people to be able to speak their mind AND be held accountable for what they say/speak/type as well
Yeah, that's not a contradiction at all.

Imagine if I posted this:

"I'm100% in favor of 2nd

and if the government wants to take away everybody's guns for whatever reason that's 100% acceptable."

I was using the headline from the link and quoting the head of the Police Union, not just one individual police office. Also, the Houston PD has yet to say that he does not speak for them or is only speaking for the Union or himself - until they do that or add some sort of disclaimer then it appears that the powers that be share his public statements.  

I am open to changing to a different thread title that reflects what you think would be more accurate and incorporates my take on this.
Even as the head of the police union he is not speaking for the “police” unless he states it as an official policy. The thread title should read “police union head states”, or “police captain states”, something like that. 

You know I like you squistion but I don’t believe you didn’t know exactly what you were doing here. By using the term “police” you’re referring to a collective entity, the police of this country, which makes the headline much more dramatic and troubling than if it’s just one emotional guy overreacting to a terrible event. 

Even as the head of the police union he is not speaking for the “police” unless he states it as an official policy. The thread title should read “police union head states”, or “police captain states”, something like that. 

You know I like you squistion but I don’t believe you didn’t know exactly what you were doing here. By using the term “police” you’re referring to a collective entity, the police of this country, which makes the headline much more dramatic and troubling than if it’s just one emotional guy overreacting to a terrible event. 
Still not a peep out of the Houston PD distancing themselves from his comments, so they obviously support his statement.

That said, I have modified the thread title, per your request.

Thanks for the change. 

As for the Houston PD, I wouldn’t say anything either. I’m sure plenty of them share the guy’s emotions, if not his conclusions. Sometimes it’s best to just let things simmer down. 

No, the mod misread the post and the quote that was given for the TO was incomplete/not what the post said. 

Again, busy place and a lot of stuff to scan- mistakes happen. 
Reminds me of when I got banned for a year for something I said to another poster regarding something that happened at a cornhole. A mod misunderstood the comment, thought I was insulting the poster and brought down the hammer. Luckily I was able to text the other FBG he messaged the mod and I got restored and got an apology. 

till not a peep out of the Houston PD distancing themselves from his comments, so they obviously support his statement.
maybe because there was nothing to distance themselves from and all the overreaction ..... is overreaction and nothing more

carry on - I have nothing more to contribute, I have no issues with was said

Thanks for the change. 

As for the Houston PD, I wouldn’t say anything either. I’m sure plenty of them share the guy’s emotions, if not his conclusions. Sometimes it’s best to just let things simmer down
But then we wouldn't have all these hot takes threads

But then we wouldn't have all these hot takes threads
The hot take came out of the cop's mouth.  He made a statement that implies they would be targeting people and disregarding the 1st amendment. Some people weren't really happy with that. Kind of like someone saying they would take your guns away. Yeah, that usually gets a reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hot take came out of the cop's mouth.  He made a statement that implies they would be targeting people and disregarding the 1st amendment. Some people weren't really happy with that. Kind of like someone saying they would take your guns away. Yeah, that usually gets a reaction.
He didn't try to remove any first amendment rights.  He said they are going to keep tabs on those with anti-police rhetoric.  I would too with all the cop shootings lately.   Kind of a sad world when there's more outrage about that quote than it is about four cops getting shot.  B-b-b-but tribal politics

Users who are viewing this thread