What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

Having withdrawal symptoms over my DST this week.

GB @ CAR

CHI v ARZ

Please tell me what to do ..
Your plead for help sums up my entire season. I have not made one right move all year and I am somehow in the playoffs in 2/3 leagues. I don’t know what the hell to do from here on out. I am even open to leaving my DEF blank in fear of getting negative points. I am ready to give the keys to anyone who is willing to take over for me at this point…I am melting under the pressure…

With that said I am rolling with CHI for remainder of season.
Appreciate the thoughts, and I’m now leaning towards CHI at home.

I’ve gotta say though, my man .. I was searching for the “jump to recipe” button reading your post.

Having withdrawal symptoms over my DST this week.

GB @ CAR

CHI v ARZ

Please tell me what to do ..
Your plead for help sums up my entire season. I have not made one right move all year and I am somehow in the playoffs in 2/3 leagues. I don’t know what the hell to do from here on out. I am even open to leaving my DEF blank in fear of getting negative points. I am ready to give the keys to anyone who is willing to take over for me at this point…I am melting under the pressure…

With that said I am rolling with CHI for remainder of season.
Appreciate the thoughts, and I’m now leaning towards CHI at home.

I’ve gotta say though, my man .. I was searching for the “jump to recipe” button reading your post.
Sorry, year long venting in there. Not sure Chicago is the answer but they have been performing about as good as anyone lately. I seem to get burned playing the matchup game.

Browns or Packers?

Packers matchup looks so good, but hesitent to start a not so good D just because they are playing a bad team.
I have the same choice, going Browns as long as CJ is out. If CJ was in, not sure which way I would go.
I too have these choices, but also have Denver defense against New England. Right now, that is how I am going. Thoughts?
Fbg has Zeke super high this week but also Denver DST 1. Confused lol
ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Tbh he's been not-terrible the past couple weeks. Both Pittsburgh and KC have underwhelmed vs NE. That said, as of now I'm still planning on rolling out Denver over Cleveland and KC

Browns or Packers?

Packers matchup looks so good, but hesitent to start a not so good D just because they are playing a bad team.
I have the same choice, going Browns as long as CJ is out. If CJ was in, not sure which way I would go.
I too have these choices, but also have Denver defense against New England. Right now, that is how I am going. Thoughts?
ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Tbh he's been not-terrible the past couple weeks. Both Pittsburgh and KC have underwhelmed vs NE. That said, as of now I'm still planning on rolling out Denver over Cleveland and KC
I'm deciding between CHI D vs AZ or DEN D vs NE.

Watching H. Henry closely. If he's out, that makes my decision easy.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Henry's 400 yards and 6 tds is the kicker? I kid. Ha ha. With or without Henry give me Denver at home.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hopefully we know about Hunter Henry well before 1.5 hours prior to kickoff Sunday night.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Henry's 400 yards and 6 tds is the kicker? I kid. Ha ha. With or without Henry give me Denver at home.
I hear ya and I'll probably roll with them anyway, but Zappe has a connection with Henry...and that's it! They were rolling against KC until Henry got banged up. Believe he's questionable. Don't think Denver is too great with TEs either.

I’m a little confused, my go to rankings has the Dolphins DST 3rd vs Dallas and the Jets DST 19th vs Washington, what am I missing?

I’m a little confused, my go to rankings has the Dolphins DST 3rd vs Dallas and the Jets DST 19th vs Washington, what am I missing?
Weird. I rostered Miami most of year. Dropped them. They have been great, but no way I start them final games. Jets >> Miami this week

I’ve rolled into the playoffs in no small part because of Miami D. I know this week is a bad matchup but I’m struggling to swap them out.

I could pick up…

GB @ CAR
Chi vs. ARI

Thoughts?

I’ve rolled into the playoffs in no small part because of Miami D. I know this week is a bad matchup but I’m struggling to swap them out.

I could pick up…

GB @ CAR
Chi vs. ARI

Thoughts?
Dallas @ Miami has the highest over/under total of the week at 49.5 and Miami is only a 1.5 point favorite.

Miami might get some sacks and turnovers but Dallas is going to score points, so the floor for the Miami DST will be low. I profited from starting Miami the past several games but I dropped them for Denver and I’m going to ride with Broncos country these next two weeks.

If the DSTs you list in your post are your only three options, I’d go with Chicago.

Weird. I rostered Miami most of year. Dropped them. They have been great, but no way I start them final games. Jets >> Miami this week

That can’t possible be right. Expert Consensus Rankings has NYJ 3rd behind only BUF & PHI; Miami is 19th.

Dolphins were dropped in my league & no one is touching them this week or next.

I'm between Cleveland and New York Jets this weekend. Also roostered Houston but will probably drop them. I recall NYJ had some injuries last game and the lack of Zach Wilson probably bodes poorly for their offense.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hopefully we know about Hunter Henry well before 1.5 hours prior to kickoff Sunday night.
Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!
Yeah that's a sign to go with the Broncos. NE also ruled out a OT.

Only way I'm going with CHI is if I'm suddenly down big and need ceiling with tons of turnovers. That said, DEN D probably has as much upside for a defensive TD as any if Zappe can't throw over the middle to Henry. Gesicki hasn't done didly all year. If Zeke can't run well it will be an even longer day than usual for NE.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!
Trent Brown
Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!

Only way I'm going with CHI is if I'm suddenly down big and need ceiling with tons of turnovers. That said, DEN D probably has as much upside for a defensive TD as any if Zappe can't throw over the middle to Henry. Gesicki hasn't done didly all year. If Zeke can't run well it will be an even longer day than usual for NE.
wonder if Trent Brown is out too.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!
Trent Brown
Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!

Connor McDermott was ruled out. T. Brown is questionable.

Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!
Trent Brown
Browns or Packers?

ZAP(pe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it now?

Hunter Henry is out.

Broncos DST, let’s ride!

Connor McDermott was ruled out. T. Brown is questionable.
If Brown is out they’d be on their third string LT. 🤞

I'm going with Denver in two leagues, but I'm a favorite there, so I am ok with this as I'm just looking for an average score and they should be able to provide that against NE.

Now in a league where I'm a dog and I need upside, I currently have the Eagles in based on the matchup, but I'm waffling and considering the Bears instead. The iggles have not put up hardly any upside games, although I do realize their schedule since their bye has been brutal (KC, Buf, SF, Dal, Sea). Meanwhile, the Bears have put up 4 consecutive good games, against weaker opponents of course. Maybe I should just go with the Bears as they have been the better fantasy D overall and have the momentum. Ahhhhhh....

I'm going with Denver in two leagues, but I'm a favorite there, so I am ok with this as I'm just looking for an average score and they should be able to provide that against NE.

Now in a league where I'm a dog and I need upside, I currently have the Eagles in based on the matchup, but I'm waffling and considering the Bears instead. The iggles have not put up hardly any upside games, although I do realize their schedule since their bye has been brutal (KC, Buf, SF, Dal, Sea). Meanwhile, the Bears have put up 4 consecutive good games, against weaker opponents of course. Maybe I should just go with the Bears as they have been the better fantasy D overall and have the momentum. Ahhhhhh....
Denver doesn't have upside?

Denver doesn't have upside?
Oh, they have upside. I should have clarified that Denver is not available in the league where I am waffling between the Eagles and Bears.

Still alive. Denver D was middle of the road in my scoring format. Their match up verses the Chargers looks appealing. But Buffalo had a very average game against them.

Raiders have been rocking so they are very appealing.

Any thoughts on the Bucs defense against the Saints this week? Carr had a good game, for once, but hard to see it as a trend. Considering vs the Denver D at LAC.

Still alive. Denver D was middle of the road in my scoring format. Their match up verses the Chargers looks appealing. But Buffalo had a very average game against them.

Yeah DEN D disappointing. Zappe throwing all over that secondary makes no sense, but the DEN offense didn't do them any favors. LAC seems to have gotten the post fire coach juice, not sure I'm loving that matchup.

Have CHI vs ATL. Hoping for some cold Chicago weather here for a dome team. Also could go after LV in waivers. Game in Indy. Could be a classic let down after a big win over KC. Minshew so jeckyl and hyde...could go off and probably get Pittman back.

Yeah DEN D disappointing. Zappe throwing all over that secondary makes no sense, but the DEN offense didn't do them any favors. LAC seems to have gotten the post fire coach juice, not sure I'm loving that matchup.

Have CHI vs ATL. Hoping for some cold Chicago weather here for a dome team. Also could go after LV in waivers. Game in Indy. Could be a classic let down after a big win over KC. Minshew so jeckyl and hyde...could go off and probably get Pittman back.
I had Denver penciled in for the championship, but yesterday’s struggles give me pause.

Been hoarding DSTs on my bench in the form of Chicago and Jax, but those teams also struggled this past weekend.

Current plan is to pivot to the Raiders if my WW bid goes through, but I don’t love that they’re on the road against a Colts squad that gets hot sometimes.

Texans are also a possibility, since they did so well against Tennessee a couple of weeks ago, and now get them again at home. Could see myself settling on them.

I’ll probably just hoard 3-4 DSTs and go with my gut on Sunday, unless one of the smart guys in this thread convinces me of a clear cut option before then.

I had Denver penciled in for the championship, but yesterday’s struggles give me pause.

Been hoarding DSTs on my bench in the form of Chicago and Jax, but those teams also struggled this past weekend.

Current plan is to pivot to the Raiders if my WW bid goes through, but I don’t love that they’re on the road against a Colts squad that gets hot sometimes.

Texans are also a possibility, since they did so well against Tennessee a couple of weeks ago, and now get them again at home. Could see myself settling on them.

I’ll probably just hoard 3-4 DSTs and go with my gut on Sunday, unless one of the smart guys in this thread convinces me of a clear cut option before then.
Exact same feelings.

I can only max out at 3. Trying to grab LV tonight. If not them, KC. Then will see which way the wind is blowing. Really hoping for some weather situations to guide my decision.

Want to believe in LV but are they the better start in that game over IND even? Would you all roll the dice on a team in this range over Ravens in a tough matchup?

Where do you all look for the best Defensive rankings ? This week the wire is all mucked up with no teams I feel great about. Thinking maybe Jags or Bears?

Last edited:
Want to believe in LV but are they the better start in that game over IND even? Would you all roll the dice on a team in this range over Ravens in a tough matchup?

Where do you all look for the best Defensive rankings ? This week the wire is all mucked up with no teams I feel great about. Thinking maybe Jags or Bears?
I think the problem is that the hot WW darlings over the past several weeks mostly played like garbage in week 16 and the usual matchup patsies like LAC, ATL, NEP, etc all showed signs of life and backup QBs have been playing solidly, so nobody knows anything now. Remember when the Giants were a great matchup? Feels so long ago.

Good luck finding a rankings list that corresponds with another in week 17. I'm afraid this is going to be subjective guess work. Maybe I'll just put a half dozen names into a random number generator and let that choose for me.

Grabbed LV last night. Now have:

* DEN vs LAC
* CHI vs ATL
* LV @ INDY

KC vs Cinci sitting in waivers and watching them.

I'm sure I'll be looking for an angle all week. Weather doesn't seem to be an issue this week. Will be close to freezing with a little wind in Chicago.

Trying to decide between
Bills home vs Patriots
49ers at Commanders

Washington has switched to Brissett, who has looked MUCH better than Howell. Patriots have also won 2 of last 3 and would LOVE to beat the Bills again. 49ers will be pissed after Monday's loss so should take it out on Washington. Plus their offense should be able to run up the score and possibly force Wash to throw on every down. But Bills appear to be playing much better lately. Also Bills have 8 days rest while 49ers have 6 days.

Other options on the WW include
Rams at Giants
Bears home vs Falcons
Raiders at Colts
Eagles home vs Cardinals

If Russell Wilson is out, then offense sputters and puts the D on the field more . Feeling Denver less and less

A lot of folks didn’t want to start Baltimore Vs SF last week and I was included. Baltimore has consistently scored all year so considering Vs Miami.

Other options are Houston Vs Ten, Jax Vs Carolina. Hmmmm…..

A lot of folks didn’t want to start Baltimore Vs SF last week and I was included. Baltimore has consistently scored all year so considering Vs Miami.

Other options are Houston Vs Ten, Jax Vs Carolina. Hmmmm…..
Baltimore's performance vs SF was enough to convince me to stick w/Balt vs a banged up MIA (Waddle hurt, Tua/Hill banged up) over Jax (maybe sans TLaw) or LAR vs NYG w/Tyrod.

If Russell Wilson is out, then offense sputters and puts the D on the field more . Feeling Denver less and less
That's right. Stidham in now. Not only that, isn't C. Sutton in the concussion protocol?

DEN offense could be junkier than usual. Hell, the other side of this (LAC) may not be a bad play.

Users who are viewing this thread