What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Chop, Chop !! (2 Viewers)

Miami still has big questions along the DL and didn't do anything to solve that in the draft.
That one didn't surprise me so much. Once they signed Tart, Hand, Jones, Gallimore and Harris along with Seiler they looked pretty set for a 5-6 man rotation for this season (with probably Pili pushing one of those guys for a spot). It's another roster construction that reminds me of what Baltimore does. If you look at their snap shares they had 5 guys between 20-60% snaps most games.
They need somebody long term besides Seiler, but those signings were a tell they weren't prioritizing DT in the draft this season IMO.

So, Ken Griffin offered Ross $10 billion for the Dolphins, stadium, and the Formula One race. That would almost match the combined sales price of the Broncos and Commanders.

Ken Griffin just donated $50M and has naming rights on the new Univ of Miami Cancer Center which is almost finished being built and will be pretty close to downtown Miami.
Got to meet him at the DCC and you could see all the groundwork being put in for an offer like this.
Interesting how F1 is being included in this offer. A lot of renovations have gone on at Hard Rock, it now looks a lot more modern and overall a great place to catch a game.
I hope Griffin is able to purchase the team, that would go a long way for me.

Last edited:
I didn't realize the F1 race is a huge deal. The NFL's power couple may be attending.

OBJ to Miami. You would have thought the draft would have made it seem like this wasn't gonna happen. Miami's skill positions are pretty nuts.
I'm not too excited about this TBH. I was excited to see more of Malik, Tahj and Ezukanma. But, the price is cheap and OBJ got better last year as the season progressed. It's some insurance if Cheetah or Waddle get injured. Camp and preseason should be fun. Barrios, Cracraft and Ezukanma will be fighting for their jobs.

There's still $18 mil coming off the books on June 1 for a bigger position of need, guard.

OBJ to Miami. You would have thought the draft would have made it seem like this wasn't gonna happen. Miami's skill positions are pretty nuts.
I'm not too excited about this TBH. I was excited to see more of Malik, Tahj and Ezukanma. But, the price is cheap and OBJ got better last year as the season progressed. It's some insurance if Cheetah or Waddle get injured. Camp and preseason should be fun. Barrios, Cracraft and Ezukanma will be fighting for their jobs.

There's still $18 mil coming off the books on June 1 for a bigger position of need, guard.
I feel like Berrios is safe as the KR/PR. My gut says Ezukanma doesn't make the team, and the rookies are fighting for 1 spot (PS is an option too)

I think Beckham is a vastly underrated WR at this point, and was arguably one the best FA WRs available, not just now, but 2 months ago.

It was in the argument already, but 3-deep, this is the best WR group in the NFL in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. The best thing I can say about this deal is that it makes the room pretty great. I think Ezukanma is done with this move barring injury. With that all being said, Miami did have a bit of an issue when Hill or Waddle were dinged up. Ced Wilson, Cracraft, Berrios didn't really strike fear into opposiing teams, and a 6th and a 7th round player isn't going to be "game planned against". OBJ is a different story. Trying to account for Hill, Waddle, OBJ, J Smith, and that backfield is going to put a lot of pressure on Defenses.

Cheap deal, too.

I don’t think they’re done yet…
Cheap deal?
I saw $8M...I'm sorry but this a total waste of money for Miami

They can't afford Hunt but they can shell out close to $20M for Shaq Barrett and OBJ?
They did so well shoring up the WR spots late in the Draft, this is a complete waste of resources
I'm sorry but you cannot be a fan of this waste of resources when we have so many needs on the IOL/IDL, this is just not something I can get behind

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

They can't afford Hunt but they can shell out close to $20M for Shaq Barrett and OBJ?
They did so well shoring up the WR spots late in the Draft, this is a complete waste of resources
I'm sorry but you cannot be a fan of this waste of resources when we have so many needs on the IOL/IDL, this is just not something I can get behind

Guaranteed 3 million - can make up to 8 mil with incentives.

And they didn’t target Guards in the draft cause they wanted the 2 guys they got as UDFA’s - Matos & Meyer.

Yeah, I agree. The best thing I can say about this deal is that it makes the room pretty great. I think Ezukanma is done with this move barring injury. With that all being said, Miami did have a bit of an issue when Hill or Waddle were dinged up. Ced Wilson, Cracraft, Berrios didn't really strike fear into opposiing teams, and a 6th and a 7th round player isn't going to be "game planned against". OBJ is a different story. Trying to account for Hill, Waddle, OBJ, J Smith, and that backfield is going to put a lot of pressure on Defenses.
Odell missed ALL of 2022 rehabbing a knee injury and also wanting way too much money from most teams that didn't believe he could help them AT ANY TIME during '22...
Blows out his knee in Super Bowl 2022? '21 season but Jan/Feb/ '22 is when that happened I think.

-Last year on a. team with nothing outside of a Rookie WR and a QB making $50M per season
64 targets, 35 catches and we get a whopping 565 yds and 3 TDs, that's his total output and some of you think this is a good signing?
You seemed tepid when news broke, I would not talk myself into warming up to this move.

It also takes away from some of the good the Phins did on Day 3 vs reaching on Days 1 and 2...if they were gonna sign OBJ, why not use late round picks at RG/LG and DT?
I don't see the forward thinking here and haven''t the entire off season

We have a good chance to a decent FA guard after June 1, someone good in pass protection, maybe average overall, but an upgrade over Liam playing guard. There are some older FA guards who played well last year, maybe a 1 year deal with Miami. I would've preferred someone like Cooper Beebee with our 2nd pick, someone ready to play now, instead of project OT Paul. Our dline needs run stoppers, we have edge players. Weaver will rotate lots of dline players. My main concern is still oline to give Tua time, he's been very good with a clean pocket.

We have a good chance to a decent FA guard after June 1, someone good in pass protection, maybe average overall, but an upgrade over Liam playing guard. There are some older FA guards who played well last year, maybe a 1 year deal with Miami. I would've preferred someone like Cooper Beebee with our 2nd pick, someone ready to play now, instead of project OT Paul. Our dline needs run stoppers, we have edge players. Weaver will rotate lots of dline players. My main concern is still oline to give Tua time, he's been very good with a clean pocket.
"And if they told you Wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them?"

-John Candy, PTA

"And if they told you Wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them?"

-John Candy, PTA
I've read a narrative that we didn't draft a guard be because we wanted to make sure FA guard Dalton Risner would sign with us after June 1. But yet we have OBJ and 2 productive drafted WRs, including one, Malik Washinton, with many top PFF WR metrics.

Better OBJ than Tyler Boyd. Tyler wants more than a 1 year deal. There's still a chance Malik outperforms OBJ which would be a good thing.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

I'm with you here, I'm not sure OBJ is the right play especially for that price. He was just sitting there without a job. Does he swing the needle so much that it will put MIA over the top in the playoffs? 31 yr old WR who has had trouble staying healthy.

I don't mind adding WRs but I think the $8M could have been spent somewhere better.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

I'm with you here, I'm not sure OBJ is the right play especially for that price. He was just sitting there without a job. Does he swing the needle so much that it will put MIA over the top in the playoffs? 31 yr old WR who has had trouble staying healthy.

I don't mind adding WRs but I think the $8M could have been spent somewhere better.
you mean for $3m? It's a smash deal at that price. What am I missing?

If he hits the incentives for it to get to the $8m level I am sure no one will complain. If he plays how he did for the ravens last year he will be a big improvement for this offense, and will especially help if one or both of Hill and Waddle miss time again.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

If he hits the incentives for it to get to the $8m level I am sure no one will complain. If he plays how he did for the ravens last year he will be a big improvement for this offense, and will especially help if one or both of Hill and Waddle miss time again.
The news feed I saw said $8M. I didn't look into it that closely. $3M is better if that is what he gets but $8M is very pricey when there are other needs.

Maybe we can convince Aaron Donald to come out of retirement and join OBJ and Ramsey to run it back.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

Yeah, I'm really surprised by the pushback here. This a great deal for a player who can start if need be and will likely destroy #3 CBs even if he's 2 steps off his prime. No risk, high reward. Also means they aren't counting on someone like Malik Washington (who I like but was still a day 3 rookie) to play a major role.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

Yeah, I'm really surprised by the pushback here. This a great deal for a player who can start if need be and will likely destroy #3 CBs even if he's 2 steps off his prime. No risk, high reward. Also means they aren't counting on someone like Malik Washington (who I like but was still a day 3 rookie) to play a major role.
He ain’t destroying anyone anymore.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

3M burnt.

Cheap deal, too.

Cheap deal?

Guaranteed 3 million - can make up to 8 mil with incentives.

And they didn’t target Guards in the draft cause they wanted the 2 guys they got as UDFA’s - Matos & Meyer.
When you add in names like Matos and Meyer with Wynn, Jones, Cotton, Liam and Driscoll...right now I would pencil Wynn at LG and Jones at RG for the moment.
Miami did bring in Brewer from Tennessee ideally to play Center where he was almost Top 10 last year, few problems in pass protection but quite a run blocker from film.
That speed Miami has is going to find some big holes in the middle of defenses as they quickly make it to the 2nd level, you know it's coming.

And as I have mentioned and other point out, Connor Williams still walks the street and just like Brewer, he's logged many games as a Guard, did it in Dallas, we made him a Center.
I think Miami needs to turn their attention to DT and hope that Chop-Kamara and even that UDFA from UCLA looks promising, but hold the fort down until we get back others.

I wasn't high on the OBJ signing at first, but after a deeper dive I'm more optimistic, with the major concern being his injury history (ACL in 2020 & 2022). His PFF grade was good in 2023 (76.2) and the video breakdown below shows why. Better hands than Cheetah & Waddle, good route running with complete route tree, and still some YAC. He got open on many plays when he wasn't targeted by Lamar. He can play on the outside, allowing Waddle and Hill more options when they go 4-wide. I want open competition for WR 3-6, but Malik or Tahj would have to kill it in preseason to surpass OBJ.

I think Malik and Tahj need to make the 53 man squad, else they're likely to be scooped up by another team, like happened with Elijah Higgins last year.

I wasn't high on the OBJ signing at first, but after a deeper dive I'm more optimistic, with the major concern being his injury history (ACL in 2020 & 2022). His PFF grade was good in 2023 (76.2) and the video breakdown below shows why. Better hands than Cheetah & Waddle, good route running with complete route tree, and still some YAC. He got open on many plays when he wasn't targeted by Lamar. He can play on the outside, allowing Waddle and Hill more options when they go 4-wide. I want open competition for WR 3-6, but Malik or Tahj would have to kill it in preseason to surpass OBJ.

I think Malik and Tahj need to make the 53 man squad, else they're likely to be scooped up by another team, like happened with Elijah Higgins last year.

Check back with you on this bum around mid season.

I like what Dad presented but I kinda feel like you do

I like what Dad presented but I kinda feel like you do
Yeah he has been a turd for years man. His first three years in the league were outstanding. One good year in Cleveland.

Been washed since.

This guy must be lurking around here, feels like he reads the folks bellyaching and has all the answers.
He makes a comparison to the LA Rams Offense, not sure I agree with that but I understand his POV

@SoBeDad might like this one and was trying to explain what Odell is likely to bring
I'm still very skeptical and think if Hill misses time or Waddle, this is not a guy we want to rely heavily on.

This guy must be lurking around here, feels like he reads the folks bellyaching and has all the answers.
He makes a comparison to the LA Rams Offense, not sure I agree with that but I understand his POV

@SoBeDad might like this one and was trying to explain what Odell is likely to bring
I'm still very skeptical and think if Hill misses time or Waddle, this is not a guy we want to rely heavily on.
OBJ is an upgrade over Berrios. I'm glad there's competition from the Washington guys. And even Cracraft who has been better IMO than Berrios when healthy. I think Berrios bulked up too much and lost speed. Nobody can replace Hill or Waddle. OBJ wasn't a diva last year, and won't be with Hill and Waddle around. But what happens if he gets outplayed Malik, Tahj, or Ezukanma? Biggest concern is OBJ's injury history not his ability... in 2023 he had an above average PFF grade (76) versus Berrios who was below average (58). OBJ is also playing for $5 mil in incentives.

OBJ is an upgrade over Berrios. I'm glad there's competition from the Washington guys. And even Cracraft who has been better IMO than Berrios when healthy. I think Berrios bulked up too much and lost speed. Nobody can replace Hill or Waddle. OBJ wasn't a diva last year, and won't be with Hill and Waddle around. But what happens if he gets outplayed Malik, Tahj, or Ezukanma? Biggest concern is OBJ's injury history not his ability... in 2023 he had an above average PFF grade (76) versus Berrios who was below average (58). OBJ is also playing for $5 mil in incentives.
Basically, all I am reading is OBJ is another guy converted by McDaniel. He has a role for him, and I think that the offense (which was the best we've seen since ol #13 was around) needs a few different "pitches" to be able to throw at the defense and OBJ is someone you still need to gameplan for. I see the "skill" guys Miami drafted as the Deebo prototypes for McD's O. That means they will need to develop a little.

Offensively, I see Miami spending a little bit more for another interior lineman once the X money becomes available and after that it is just weathering the injuries that will happen from July - January. Sadly, Miami needs Tua to remain upright as the QB room doesn't instill a lot of "hope" if Tua gets hurt.

Defensively: well, I've been reading about the Raven D where one DT takes about 55 percent of the snaps and then the other guys kind of rotate. With that information, I think this DC is set for what he wants to do along the line. The Edge rush is going to be young other than Shaq until Phillips and Chubb get healthy, and there will be a solid competition for the nickel CB spot. I see Miami possibly spending some money late in the preseason shoring up either the safety position or the D line with "surprise" cuts off of other teams.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but there is also a part of me more worried about the AARON Jets than the Bills this season. I wonder if the medowlands turf is going to screw the jets again this year?

Whether or not OBJ does well, I thought a third pass catcher was actually a really big need. Whenever Hill or Waddle (frequently) went out, the passing game seemed to grind to a halt. OBJ, Jonnu, and Malik could be a big upgrade on the Berrios, Smythe, and Wilson crew. Don't get me started on that Claypool knucklehead.

Whether or not OBJ does well, I thought a third pass catcher was actually a really big need. Whenever Hill or Waddle (frequently) went out, the passing game seemed to grind to a halt. OBJ, Jonnu, and Malik could be a big upgrade on the Berrios, Smythe, and Wilson crew. Don't get me started on that Claypool knucklehead.
I believe as Miami lost 4 of their starting 5 OL during the middle of the season that things fell off dramatically in terms of production when they went to play KC in Germany
They entered that game 6-2, they went 5-5 down the stretch w/Playoff loss

Despite the starting RBs gathering up 32 TDs between Mostert/Achane, the offense felt choppy on the ground a lot of the time. Either big breaker or couple hand offs get stuffed and we have to start throwing the ball again. I would love to see Miami be able to hand off 30-35x a game and control the clock, limit the exposure on defense and force opposing teams into throwing the football so that Ramsey and Holland can get a chance to make some big plays and change field position quickly

Imperative that Miami get as many starts from the same 5 OL week in and week out.
RB1-2-3, all have speed, WR1-2-3-4...all of them will have some speed now, I don't think OBJ is really fast but he's the set of hands on 3rd down, I get it.

Last edited:

The Ocho lives in Miami I'm guessing, Sharpe is more in the camp I think about with Odell
I thought it was a good discussion, Ocho is a little PRO-WR I'm thinking but I like the way Sharpe lands the plane
Can Odell play IDL/IOL? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread