What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Carolina Panthers: Biggest Story from Draft Weekend: Hot Head Owner Visits Deli (1 Viewer)

NFL Rookie Watch
@NFLRookieWatxh
Former Panther’s LB Thomas Davis said that he believes it’s going to be a “very very surprising” pick for the Panthers first overall.
Davis said that he knows there are a couple of guys upstairs that are “ENAMORED” with Anthony Richardson.
The Panthers have met with Richardson twice already (Combine and Privately).
They will also be in attendance at Florida’s Pro Day 1f440.png

NFL Rookie Watch
@NFLRookieWatxh
Former Panther’s LB Thomas Davis said that he believes it’s going to be a “very very surprising” pick for the Panthers first overall.
Davis said that he knows there are a couple of guys upstairs that are “ENAMORED” with Anthony Richardson.
The Panthers have met with Richardson twice already (Combine and Privately).
They will also be in attendance at Florida’s Pro Day View attachment 3562

Owner likes Young, Reich likes Stroud, Davis think Richardson...

To me this is just the Panthers playing games and keeping their names in the headlines. They'll probably use up their time on the clock with the first pick too...

Jared Tokarz @JaredNFLDraft
The #Panthers didn't trade their Star WR DJ Moore 2 - 1st round picks & 2 - 2nd round picks to draft a project QB who completed 53.8% of his passes last year. Don't get yourself lost in the smoke & mirrors
I ended up watching a 36 second video of several kids fighting in a classroom, almost stomach churning to watch, hope that's not what is going on upstairs at Carolina

I'd be shocked if they moved up to #1 to pick Levis, or anyone other than B. Young. I was ok with either Young or Stroud but now I find myself hoping it's just Young and let's move on.

We'll know tomorrow.

I'd be shocked if they moved up to #1 to pick Levis, or anyone other than B. Young. I was ok with either Young or Stroud but now I find myself hoping it's just Young and let's move on.

We'll know tomorrow.
I could see Stroud too, but it seems the opinion has really solidified on Young. Trading up for Levis or Richardson would be a Draft Day style bad plot.

FOX's Jay Glazer confirms the Panthers are expected to select Alabama QB Bryce Young at No. 1 overall Thursday evening.​

This has been conventional wisdom for weeks, but you always see a few contrarian takes/leaks near draft time. Glazer, whose word is as good as it gets in scoop merchant circles, says it is happening. He also reports the Bears were originally only attempting to trade down to No. 2 with the Texans (with the eventual intention of then moving again to No. 9), and that Houston was set to select Young at No. 1 overall. Instead, the move fell apart, Carolina now has the top selection, and the Texans haven't made their No. 2 intentions known. If/when Young officially goes No. 1, he will somehow become the first top selection in the history of Alabama football.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Apr 27, 2023, 2:11 PM ET

I had heard that Tepper like Levis. Wonder if he's kicking himself now if he still feels that way.

I'll admit I wasn't a Bryce Young fan until recently and wanted Stroud. The footage of Young I've watched recently changed my mind. Wasn't that impressed with him in the couple of games I watched. Hope the recent footage was of him beating up on Wofford or Gardener-Webb.

In my view, none of the options were worth what they gave up to get any of them....it's extra special to see Levis fall like a brick...looks like they could have taken a "flyer" (I know, it's the second round yadda yadda).

OLine was atrocious. Young didn't have much time to do anything. None of the QBs did. Young took a few hits after delivering the ball too. That needs fixin'

Defense couldn't get off the field. Jets had their way Saturday. Preseason or no preseason, 27-0 is ugly.

OLine was atrocious. Young didn't have much time to do anything. None of the QBs did. Young took a few hits after delivering the ball too. That needs fixin'

Defense couldn't get off the field. Jets had their way Saturday. Preseason or no preseason, 27-0 is ugly.
On top of learning to play in the NFL, it appears he's going to have to learn how to not die in the NFL all at the same time. I have a feeling its going to be an ugly year with not a lot of productivity/progress at many of the offensive positions.

Not the start you're looking for but the outcome wasn't unexpected. I like Bryce's poise and if they can keep him upright, I think he's going to deliver.

They need to pay Burns.

Running game looked good but we have a large hole at WR. No one can separate and that's concerning.

Horn's constant injuries have to be a concern. Lots of talent but if you can't stay on the field... Matt Rhule took him at 8, right in front of Patrick Surtain, who they should have picked all along.

Not expecting playoffs but hoping Young stays healthy and develops while the staff keeps looking for effective weapons and OL to surround him.

Other players that went right after Horn in 2021: Patrick Surtain, DeVonta Smith, Justin Fields, Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater

#waterunderbridge

The offense has no identity and no one seems to know what they want to be. I know, patience. Looks like it's going to be a long journey.

They put in Dalton on a few short yardage situations because I guess they do not think Young can run the sneak? They probably should have started the season with Dalton at QB based on how Young looks right now.

They put in Dalton on a few short yardage situations because I guess they do not think Young can run the sneak? They probably should have started the season with Dalton at QB based on how Young looks right now.
I figured they took Young out because they don't want him to get crushed in the pile. I like that they are playing Young, and letting him learn on the job. There is going to be a lot of growing pains, especially with this receiver group, but the experience will be valuable come next season. This year is gonna be a bumpy ride offensively, but I hope to see him blossom as the season goes on.

I figured they took Young out because they don't want him to get crushed in the pile. I like that they are playing Young, and letting him learn on the job. There is going to be a lot of growing pains, especially with this receiver group, but the experience will be valuable come next season. This year is gonna be a bumpy ride offensively, but I hope to see him blossom as the season goes on.
I'm not a scout or anything, but I notice that he is a bit slow to get the ball out to the receivers. His interceptions have all been throws where the window was there, but the throw was late or not thrown with enough velocity to get to the receiver. Not sure I've ever seen Bryce get rattled, he's a very calm player. However, I worry that continued bad results will cause him hesitate over time and make his weakness worse.

Maybe the ATL and NO defenses are just really improved, but the game looks too fast for him right now. It's really hard to adapt to the NFL and I don't fault Bryce for struggling yet.

Panthers next 4 games are against teams that finished above 500 last year. This could be a lost season in a hurry where they don't have their pick.

It's always tough to play in Seattle and always tough to play them in general. I'm glad Young didn't suit up for this one, not sure he would have faired very well in that environment.

Dalton was good+ and I wouldn't mind if they sit Young for awhile and let him learn watching film on Dalton. He sure had some chemistry with Thielen. Dalton might be the best option to get a few wins this season. Young's development is all important but there are other needs on this team. No need to rush him in bad situations.

It won't be fun to watch Chicago with both the first two picks in the draft next spring (UGH!). Need some wins.

Oh, "false start... offense number 79"... good grief there were lots of false starts. Nice gain on a pass to Chark, 1st and 10. One minute later it's 1st and 20. Hard to win when you're constantly behind the chains.

Let's find some wins! Starting with the Vikings this weekend.

Person: Time for Panthers to embrace the rebuild. Could trading Brian Burns be part of it?

This feels like an article written a year too late before giving up your next two picks. The Panthers 2023's off-season is going to go down as one of the worst in NFL history.
That trade is looking brutal so far. Long term hope for the QB spot but losing those picks, which are going to be pretty choice, is awful.

We should have kept our draft spot, let Dalton QB this year, and take our chances at Caleb Williams in 2024 (however, he would likely stay at USC if the Panthers had the top pick) since it looks like it's going to be the top pick in 2024. Or one of the other QBs.

I can see them trading Burns in some sort of attempt to salvage draft picks. Just a tough situation right now.

Person: Time for Panthers to embrace the rebuild. Could trading Brian Burns be part of it?

This feels like an article written a year too late before giving up your next two picks. The Panthers 2023's off-season is going to go down as one of the worst in NFL history.
That trade is looking brutal so far. Long term hope for the QB spot but losing those picks, which are going to be pretty choice, is awful.

We should have kept our draft spot, let Dalton QB this year, and take our chances at Caleb Williams in 2024 (however, he would likely stay at USC if the Panthers had the top pick) since it looks like it's going to be the top pick in 2024. Or one of the other QBs.

I can see them trading Burns in some sort of attempt to salvage draft picks. Just a tough situation right now.
Yeah, I think the key is just a misjudgement of where the team was at the end of the last year. The strong finish to last year/almost making the playoffs probably should have been credited to Wilks a lot more. Hitting the reset button on the coaching staff AND trading up was not wise.

Users who are viewing this thread