What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (2 Viewers)

Well then - another wasted season. Hopefully they’ll actually be really bad so that: A. Something changes in the offseason and, B. They actually draft someone who is impactful.

Let's hope for a 10-6 victory this week. Fire Canada over the bye week. And then we have a new and improved Pickett and offense the second half of the season.

Lamar is good for a couple fumbles per game. Might get those 10 points from a return TD and turnover inside the 30. Get us a 3 and out field goal.

Well then - another wasted season. Hopefully they’ll actually be really bad so that: A. Something changes in the offseason and, B. They actually draft someone who is impactful.

You won't hold it against me if I continue to watch and let the season play out?
Of course not. I’ll continue to watch as well. Just not holding my breath that they’re going to do anything to get me excited.

PLEASE GOD BE TRUE. 100% FIREABLE OFFENSE!!
Password recovery email Matthew.canada@steelers.com Would he really be that stupid? Feel like I’m watching an episode of worlds dumbest criminals or pranked.

Password recovery email Matthew.canada@steelers.com Would he really be that stupid? Feel like I’m watching an episode of worlds dumbest criminals or pranked.
Umm have you seen his play calling? It’s possible that he could be that stupid.

The Steelers game will be broadcast to ~75% of America this Sunday. If they absolutely lay an egg, it'll be similar viewership to a prime time game, and they'll all hear the Fire Canada chants.

Update: Conspiracy theory is debunked! Probably, at least.
Yea. Im told that isnt the email style of the team.

The Steelers game will be broadcast to ~75% of America this Sunday. If they absolutely lay an egg, it'll be similar viewership to a prime time game, and they'll all hear the Fire Canada chants.
I’ll be at the game and there will almost certainly be plenty of Fire Canada chants.

I don’t think it will make a difference to Tomlin or the Rooney’s though. They aren’t going to allow fans to run the team

I’ll be at the game and there will almost certainly be plenty of Fire Canada chants.

I don’t think it will make a difference to Tomlin or the Rooney’s though. They aren’t going to allow fans to run the team
Typically with things like this there's always a breaking point.

You’re completely right but it’s not just fans that are calling for the firing of Canada. The “experts” are all saying it as well.

Typically with things like this there's always a breaking point.
Year 4? Maybe?

You’re completely right but it’s not just fans that are calling for the firing of Canada. The “experts” are all saying it as well.
Sportswriters? Former players?

The Steelers organization came into the season with their plan which included Matt Canada.

That’s not to say they won’t change the plan but they’re not going to make personnel decisions because Ryan Clark or Colin Cowherd thinks they should.

The Steelers offense is undeniably broken and Matt Canada is part of it but the execution of the QB and offensive line are as much to blame IMO. Not sure how they’re going to do it but that’s the bigger challenge than just firing the coach

Watching Sam Howell last night.

Raw and still missing things but the body is certainly there and it at least feels like it could work.

Pickett just does not look like that.

Hesitation and panic bailing from the pocket is a recipe for disaster. KP has more experience than most 2nd year QB. Slow decision maker and doesn't lead receivers well. Looking for a silver lining here... with the knee injury he won't be as mobile. Maybe. Just Maybe. Kenny will recognize he needs to trust his reads and get the ball out on time.

IF (big if) KP gets more aggressive and the OL/DL/ILB stop playing soft in the run game, the team can turn things around. The first 10-15 plays for the offense will be telling. Can the coaching staff set up the offense to succeed or not?

Raw and still missing things but the body is certainly there and it at least feels like it could work.

I wasn't a fan of the Pickett selection and he has looked bad this year. He did show some promise in the 2nd half of last season so I think if all other pieces are there, he could make it work.

If the offensive line can improve in both run blocking and pass protection, and if Diontae Johnson and Friermuth return after the bye, there may be some hope for Kenny.

Not likely but possible.

I wasn't a fan of the Pickett selection and he has looked bad this year. He did show some promise in the 2nd half of last season so I think if all other pieces are there, he could make it work.

If the offensive line can improve in both run blocking and pass protection, and if Diontae Johnson and Friermuth return after the bye, there may be some hope for Kenny.

Not likely but possible.
Pickett needs to know he is on a very short leash regardless if we have no contingency.

True or not he can only blame himself for that abomination of an offense. Canada and the OL need to know/do the same thing for themselves.

If anyone is too fragile for that they ain't guy and we need to know now because next man up.

In true Steelers fashion, we will win this week and be sitting in the number seed going into the bye.
Tomlin can ask the media "What do you want?".
Any Steeler fan knew they would be flat and lose last week because those are the games that Tomlin teams lose.
We're looking at another 9-8 season. Maybe squeak into the playoffs.
The Steelers will show up on Sunday. Everyone will calm down but that still won't erase the issues that we have.
Tomlin will have a job in 2 minutes if let go, but his voice is stale here. He needs to go.
Just like Andy Reid in Philly, his time was elsewhere. I just don't see a way Tomlin gets fired because he's good enough to not be terrible and the Rooney's won't hold him to the fire because stability is priority number one.

In true Steelers fashion, we will win this week and be sitting in the number seed going into the bye.
Tomlin can ask the media "What do you want?".
Any Steeler fan knew they would be flat and lose last week because those are the games that Tomlin teams lose.
We're looking at another 9-8 season. Maybe squeak into the playoffs.
The Steelers will show up on Sunday. Everyone will calm down but that still won't erase the issues that we have.
Tomlin will have a job in 2 minutes if let go, but his voice is stale here. He needs to go.
Just like Andy Reid in Philly, his time was elsewhere. I just don't see a way Tomlin gets fired because he's good enough to not be terrible and the Rooney's won't hold him to the fire because stability is priority number one.
They are not going win this week. More likely they lose by 30+

coaches kept trying to get freiermuth to block. wasn't pretty. elevating washington to starter is going to be a big boost in the run. looking forward to seeing how he does in play action. time to queue up 35 run plays per week. bringing back power run game.

broderick jones is far better in the run game than pass pro. any chance to be successful, have to start winning in the run vs stacked boxes. let's GO!!!

Currently 10-0 against BAL and the Steelers have 20 yards of offense while BAL has over 150.

I don't think I could ever actively root against the Steelers during the games, but it would probably be best if the Steelers lost ALOT of games this year.

Currently 10-0 against BAL and the Steelers have 20 yards of offense while BAL has over 150.

I don't think I could ever actively root against the Steelers during the games, but it would probably be best if the Steelers lost ALOT of games this year.
I agree, but with the way they select and use 1st round picks, does it really matter?

No single aspect of this offense works. Harris runs like a slug until he hits the 2nd level. Line gets no push to get him there anyways. WRs give 1/2 effort on most plays and Pickett has horrible reads, accuracy and pocket awareness. It’s so bad, you can’t even tell if Canada’s play calls actually suck. Warren and occasionally Pickens are the only bright spots through this first half.

No single aspect of this offense works. Harris runs like a slug until he hits the 2nd level. Line gets no push to get him there anyways. WRs give 1/2 effort on most plays and Pickett has horrible reads, accuracy and pocket awareness. It’s so bad, you can’t even tell if Canada’s play calls actually suck. Warren and occasionally Pickens are the only bright spots through this first half.
Yeah I’m actually starting to wonder if Canada really is the biggest problem. But unfortunately they need to make him a scapegoat and they need to do it now.

I’ve focused my energy on Broderick Jones and he’s looking pretty good so far. That’s one person to get excited for IMO.

Pickens sucks too. He makes every play contested because he’s never actually open.

Warren has 6 yards. No idea why so many seem to think he's the answer.

Don’t know that he is the answer, but he actually attacks the LOS and usually falls forward. More than I can say for Harris.

Don’t know that he is the answer, but he actually attacks the LOS and usually falls forward. More than I can say for Harris.
Again, he has 6 yards- how is that a bright spot?

The offense is a dumpster fire, the OC, QB, and O-line are FAR bigger problems than the RB.

Pickens sucks too. He makes every play contested because he’s never actually open.
I take it back. He doesn’t have to be open.

12 pts by the offense

Raven WRs are brutal or else game would never have been within reach

***NFC North games are funny, and this win was no surprise***

Warren was the best player on offense. The only drive that looked good was on his back. Pickens is right there with him. did well. Wins most of those 1-1 situations. Ravens screwed up going cover zero on the TD.

Kenny had a few plays where he trusted his read and got the ball out quick. Haven’t watched it back but it seemed like most plays he held the ball too long and looks real bad when he does the spin move leaving the pocket. Turns his back to LOS and rarely pulls out a positive play.

Offense is terrible. Defense was beat routinely. Benefited from WR drops and a couple turnovers. Ravens gave away the win to Pittsburgh

Warren was the best player on offense. The only drive that looked good was on his back. Pickens is right there with him. did well. Wins most of those 1-1 situations. Ravens screwed up going cover zero on the TD.

Kenny had a few plays where he trusted his read and got the ball out quick. Haven’t watched it back but it seemed like most plays he held the ball too long and looks real bad when he does the spin move leaving the pocket. Turns his back to LOS and rarely pulls out a positive play.

Offense is terrible. Defense was beat routinely. Benefited from WR drops and a couple turnovers. Ravens gave away the win to Pittsburgh

The 2 fumbles were forced by exceptional plays and the constant pressure on Lamar eventually wore him down which has worked before. He loses accuracy later in the game.

Pickett took a few sacks but no INT’s or fumbles other than Gunner who should either cut his hair or leave town.

The rat birds failed to build a big lead early and 2 awful calls by Harbaugh, going on fourth and throwing when a FG would have sealed it.

The Steelers hung on and took the game.

Users who are viewing this thread