What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (1 Viewer)

I still think this franchise will go after Jim Harbaugh. Unless Jerrah gets him first.

Count me in favor, unless coach AP pulls a Rich Bassachia on us this season.
They need a "culture changing" head coach like Gruden was in his first tenure there. One that really really really hates turning the ball over, recognizes where the team's strengths are, and minimize the weaknesses. Harbaugh turns teams around, he did it everywhere he went. I mean he was there with the Raiders as QB coach under Callahan. It just makes too much sense. But see: Mark Davis.
Did JH get an interview or 2 last year but went in underprepared and kind of expecting to get the job on the spot?

That article is from May 2022. Timely posting though, 1st hearing of next stage will be this week. Hopefully all the juiciest bits occur in the off-season and are spilled for all to see
Pretty sure the NFL has already destroyed most of the damaging evidence.

Last edited:
I still think this franchise will go after Jim Harbaugh. Unless Jerrah gets him first.
The Davis MO would be a hire like Harbaugh or Deion Sanders. Hopefully he learned his lesson. Give AP a real shot, if it doesn’t work out, go after a hot shot OC and try to draft a great QB. Easier said than done, I know. But if the Fins and Jags can figure it out, it’s possible.

I am getting a sense of deja vu watching how the Raiders are wasting Adams talent. I can't help recalling how Al put Marcus Allen on ice during the prime of his career.

WTF was that all about?
This is totally different. The Marcus stuff was vindictive and on purpose. adams not getting his is a direct reflex ion of how bad a couch mcD is/was
As I said when I replied to Zado, the outcome Is similar—-> wasting elite talent

The Davis MO would be a hire like Harbaugh or Deion Sanders. Hopefully he learned his lesson. Give AP a real shot, if it doesn’t work out, go after a hot shot OC and try to draft a great QB. Easier said than done, I know. But if the Fins and Jags can figure it out, it’s possible.
It’s easy to like Pierce since he isn’t a weirdo like Mr Visor but he hasn’t accomplished anything yet. It’s easy to get excited that Jimmy G and his noodle arm has been benched for a potentially decent rookie but the odds are slim that the fourth rounder will be a top 10 QB. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope we found a HC and QB but I expect plenty of bumps the rest of the season.

It’s easy to like Pierce since he isn’t a weirdo like Mr Visor but he hasn’t accomplished anything yet. It’s easy to get excited that Jimmy G and his noodle arm has been benched for a potentially decent rookie but the odds are slim that the fourth rounder will be a top 10 QB. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope we found a HC and QB but I expect plenty of bumps the rest of the season.
I think the dynamic has changed and the heart of this team is pumping strong . I know this is real life and not a movie where the team turns things around ,play so inspired they go on to win a championship . That being said , many a movie has been made about real teams that have done just that very thing. The Raiders have enough talent to compete every week , lets see how much heart they have .

All true. But they don’t need a top 10 qb. How about the 15th ranked. That’s geno smith Purdy territory. The rest of the team might just be good enough to be winning more than losing

I am getting a sense of deja vu watching how the Raiders are wasting Adams talent. I can't help recalling how Al put Marcus Allen on ice during the prime of his career.

WTF was that all about?
This is totally different. The Marcus stuff was vindictive and on purpose. adams not getting his is a direct reflex ion of how bad a couch mcD is/was
my understanding was that marcus had a big problem with bo jackson being on the team. since bo didn't have to go through training camp with the rest of the team. Bo could just show up midseason and immediately have significant playing time.

might be what caused the rift. or maybe my raider history is off.

I think the dynamic has changed and the heart of this team is pumping strong . I know this is real life and not a movie where the team turns things around ,play so inspired they go on to win a championship . That being said , many a movie has been made about real teams that have done just that very thing. The Raiders have enough talent to compete every week , lets see how much heart they have .
Locker room observation: “even the guy who got benched is having a great day”

Volumes

All true. But they don’t need a top 10 qb. How about the 15th ranked. That’s geno smith Purdy territory. The rest of the team might just be good enough to be winning more than losing
The frustrating part about this team under Josh was they underachieved every week. The O has talent and should have been putting up more points. The QB play was never going to be elite under Carr or Jimmy G but Jimmy looked awful and the play calling was boring and predictable. That was never a good thing in the NFL but was never going to work in today’s NFL.

so mark went to champ to ask who to promote and champ picked AP. good sign that the power structure is in place. also good to hear that champ was openly against a lot of the bad decisions mcD and zeigler made. earned champ respect within the organization before the promotion to GM and probably why he was given the job by mark.

giants D is tough. I expect the plan is to protect the rookie by establishing the run and making sure he has someone to dump the ball off to when the pressure comes.

it's hard to say exactly what o'connell will look like. the playcaller got fired, the OC too. on a short week with it being only his second start ever.

aoc is said to be a hard worker people see him studying while eating and putting in extra time on his own. the offense around him is talented, but the O line is not the best

could be a low scoring game. if he gets a lead I expect to see jacobs used heavily. if the giants go up a couple scores I expect the coaches let him go pass happy

A
Raiders fan. I complimented you all on how active this thread is in @Joe Bryant thread the other day.

You guys rock.

Since the AOC thread is so light. Anyone in here got the scoop in what we might expect on Sunday for those of us possibly starting him in SuperFlex?
AOC has a better arm than Jimmy and Hoyer. I personally think AP and Hardagree are going to cut AOC loose and why not? See what he’s made of and if they need to draft a QB next year.

once again Raiders ownership shows what inept jacka$$es they are for the revolving door of HCs since tom flores' last season they've had 15 different head coaches each a bigger bum than the guy before him. when does it end? bad offseason signings - d. adams, jimmy g - among dozens of others throughout the year. Raiders are as bad as evaluating HC talent as andy reid is at evaluating WR talent. I miss Al davis and his dinner plat sizesd cataracts reading by a lamb 2 ft from his head, telling you the end of the world is coming. nowadays we get the feckless leadership of his son, the incompetent front office, idiots from top to bottom. raiders' fans deserve better we're ALL raiders fans everyone wants the hated raiders to be respected again, it's damn good for the NFL. instead we get girls softball compared to MLB. or USA rugby compared to the All Blacks of NZ. puh-lease!

WTF was that all about?
my understanding was that marcus had a big problem with bo jackson being on the team. since bo didn't have to go through training camp with the rest of the team. Bo could just show up midseason and immediately have significant playing time.

might be what caused the rift. or maybe my raider history is off.
I believe it was about money. Marcus wanted it. Al said you have a contract. Shenanigans ensued. :(

fun fact. I did marcus Allen’s wedding. At OJ simpson‘s house. I got dressed in Kato Kaelin’s room with marcus and all the groomsmen. Actually. Actually true.

Raiders fan. I complimented you all on how active this thread is in @Joe Bryant thread the other day.

You guys rock.

Since the AOC thread is so light. Anyone in here got the scoop in what we might expect on Sunday for those of us possibly starting him in SuperFlex?
250/2/1 seems about right. The td/int numbers might flip. Gllll peeeaaaass

once again Raiders ownership shows what inept jacka$$es they are for the revolving door of HCs since tom flores' last season they've had 15 different head coaches each a bigger bum than the guy before him. when does it end? bad offseason signings - d. adams, jimmy g - among dozens of others throughout the year. Raiders are as bad as evaluating HC talent as andy reid is at evaluating WR talent. I miss Al davis and his dinner plat sizesd cataracts reading by a lamb 2 ft from his head, telling you the end of the world is coming. nowadays we get the feckless leadership of his son, the incompetent front office, idiots from top to bottom. raiders' fans deserve better we're ALL raiders fans everyone wants the hated raiders to be respected again, it's damn good for the NFL. instead we get girls softball compared to MLB. or USA rugby compared to the All Blacks of NZ. puh-lease!
RACK HIM!

Count me in favor, unless coach AP pulls a Rich Bassachia on us this season.
They need a "culture changing" head coach like Gruden was in his first tenure there. One that really really really hates turning the ball over, recognizes where the team's strengths are, and minimize the weaknesses. Harbaugh turns teams around, he did it everywhere he went. I mean he was there with the Raiders as QB coach under Callahan. It just makes too much sense. But see: Mark Davis.
Harbaugh should have been the last Raiders head coach over McDaniels the last time around.

We signed LB Jaylon Smith off the New Orleans Practice Squad to the active roster.

Also signed LB Isaac Darkangelo and LB Austin Ajiake to the practice squad.

New HC (ex-LB and ex-LB coach) = 3 new LB's
About time the team invests in the LB position, Feels like it's been 20 years since they put any effort to upgrade that position.

I didn't think that the Raiders offense could be any worse than the Tom Walsh era but McDaniels came in and said hold my beer!!!!

Could Adams get over 25 targets this week?
You don't want him to be targeted in that volume, with which QB? The better offense is targeting Jacobs out of the backfield on screens, checkdowns etc. ala Jamaal Charles and such. Targeting Adams that much in a game will leas to more sacks taken by the QB than completions, I mean 25 attempts to Adams? He only caught one of eleven last game, with a QB who posted a high completion percentage that was mostly behind the LOS in yards past lol.

You don't want him to be targeted in that volume, with which QB? The better offense is targeting Jacobs out of the backfield on screens, checkdowns etc. ala Jamaal Charles and such. Targeting Adams that much in a game will leas to more sacks taken by the QB than completions, I mean 25 attempts to Adams? He only caught one of eleven last game, with a QB who posted a high completion percentage that was mostly behind the LOS in yards past lol.
You're right. 30 targets.

I bet you gamble like you play FF.

I bet you gamble like you play FF.
40 targets for sure.

David Carr just told this exact story about AP. Carr throws a TD against Oakland, celebrates, AP tells Carr "don't ever disrespect that team, that's MY team" (we all know his connection from growing up).

So it's cool if AP does it but not if Josh does?

I smell BS.

David Carr just told this exact story about AP. Carr throws a TD against Oakland, celebrates, AP tells Carr "don't ever disrespect that team, that's MY team" (we all know his connection from growing up).

So it's cool if AP does it but not if Josh does?

I smell BS.
He didnt disrespect the Pats , he used the Giants will to win over the best team in football ,as an example of developing a winning culture . Carr was rubbing it in on the Raiders .

He didnt disrespect the Pats , he used the Giants will to win over the best team in football ,as an example of developing a winning culture . Carr was rubbing it in on the Raiders .
He didn't rub it in. He celebrated the very difficult accomplishment of scoring a TD in an NFL game against an NFL defense.

From a NEP perspective he's rubbing it in, just like from his perspective Carr was rubbing it in.

Just in case you're missing it, I'm not attacking AP or defending Josh. Screw Josh. I am saying I think this story is 100% contrived.

He didn't rub it in. He celebrated the very difficult accomplishment of scoring a TD in an NFL game against an NFL defense.

From a NEP perspective he's rubbing it in, just like from his perspective Carr was rubbing it in.

Just in case you're missing it, I'm not attacking AP or defending Josh. Screw Josh. I am saying I think this story is 100% contrived.
why would it not be true , it fits who McGoofy is , i could see him getting very defensive about a team he built his whole career around , and im thinking he sat there listening to a lot of things he didnt like hearing and that was the cherry on top . The abruptness of the firing fits the story as well . I can see Davis saying ''thats it...he`s done ''

Users who are viewing this thread