What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (1 Viewer)

The Oline is horrible. Jacobs has nowhere to run and JimmyG doesn’t trust what little pocket he has.
And the Dline isn’t much better. What happened to building through the trenches?

Jakorian Bennett and Aidan O'Connell join Nate Hobbs on Raiders' inactive list.

Seriously?

Hobbs must be injured or acting up. If the latter, expect the Raiders to get blown out tonight.
My issue is AOC getting demoted , its like McD is telling the fans ...''IM in charge and I say who plays or doesnt''
It fits with his statements this off-season. Hoyer is the in-game backup and O'Connell is the guy if Garoppolo misses full games.
AOC is head and shoulders better than Hoyer, if the coaches cant see that then we really are screwed

The Oline is horrible. Jacobs has nowhere to run and JimmyG doesn’t trust what little pocket he has.
And the Dline isn’t much better. What happened to building through the trenches?
I am all for building through the trenches but the line is the same as last year (better actually as Van Roten is an upgrader over Bars). The difference between this year and last year when Jacobs ran wild is how the defenses are playing the Raiders with Jimmy G as QB. They are not afraid of him pushing the ball downfield. They play up tight and crowd the box. The dare us to throw deep on almost every alignment. There is zero fear of Jimmy G throwing deep. They know if they shut down the run game and they keep a lid on the short passing game then they have a dang good chance of winning.

That. Interception was incredible. To jump and turn to locate the ball was an amazing play. Props to Amik, now I see how he keeps making this roster year after year

i cant get over Carlson, last week i heard the announcers say he was all over the field missing kicks during warm ups , clearly hes having an issue

i cant get over Carlson, last week i heard the announcers say he was all over the field missing kicks during warm ups , clearly hes having an issue
Missing a 53 as close as he did isn't concerning to me and the other missed kick got altered with a finger on it. If there is one thing I am NOT worried about on thia team, it is our kicking game.

McD is making waaaay too many stupid decisions. Whytf didn’t he call time out before the drive to end the half? D is playing better than the O. By a lot.

He is not a good head coach. Period. End of story. He's an okay OC, and that's it. And even that he seems to suddenly suck at now too. Offense once again did not score 20 tonight, and needed the D to bail them out.

McD is making waaaay too many stupid decisions. Whytf didn’t he call time out before the drive to end the half? D is playing better than the O. By a lot.
He really has done a lot of baffling things. The QB sneaks on 2nd and 1 are driving me crazy. I've never seen another team run QB sneak from tight formation on that down and distance and Raiders have done that multiple times this year. Really coaching scared......from those 2nd and 1 QB sneaks to kicking field goals multiple times when he should have been going for it on fourth down.

Missing a 53 as close as he did isn't concerning to me and the other missed kick got altered with a finger on it. If there is one thing I am NOT worried about on thia team, it is our kicking game.
well hes on my fantasy team so i find it concerning :P

Play calling looked occasionally a lot better.
Munford replaced Elumenor finally, he was a lot more effective there.
Mayer got involved early and nicely then disappeared.
An awful lot of screen and jet/gadget runs, we don't trust our OL very much.
Tyree Wilson is the slowest human being to process a snap I have ever seen. Constantly the last one in motion.
No Bennett or Hobbs but the DB's held up reasonably well. D is coming along.

Our OL is bad. I watched SF the other day to try to figure out how a guy as money as Purdy isn't drafted until 256 and realized that he's a lot less special, but he just has stupid clean pockets to work with. I think there are a whole lot of QB that would look really really good behind that OL and with those weapons getting open. He's playing pitch and catch most of the day. We have got to fix this. Parham hasn't improved one iota over a meh-but-maybe rookie season so now he's just meh. Gets plowed a lot. Munford wasn't great but he was a whole lot more not-afwul than Elumenor has been. We should be drafting three OL every year until we find a line.

I am all for building through the trenches but the line is the same as last year (better actually as Van Roten is an upgrader over Bars). The difference between this year and last year when Jacobs ran wild is how the defenses are playing the Raiders with Jimmy G as QB. They are not afraid of him pushing the ball downfield. They play up tight and crowd the box. The dare us to throw deep on almost every alignment. There is zero fear of Jimmy G throwing deep. They know if they shut down the run game and they keep a lid on the short passing game then they have a dang good chance of winning.
While there is some truth to this, it’s not the case on every play. Jimmy literally has no time to throw, so much so that McD had to start calling screens and quick passes. If Jimmy has to hold the ball more than one second longer than he’s supposed to, he’s in trouble. Those 3rd down sacks were frustrating to watch. Now, is that on Jimmy? Maybe, I don’t claim to be an expert in QB decision making and reads. All I know, what I’ve been watching. Jimmy and AOC barely have any time to throw.
And the running game is awful. I feel bad for JJ, they’ve got to figure something out to get him going. Looks like they started to in the 2nd half with those weird delayed handoffs. But most of the time he’s getting tackled even before he gets to the line of scrimmage.

well hes on my fantasy team so i find it concerning :P
as a raider fan you should know better than to draft a raider player...

We should be drafting three OL every year until we find a line.

This is in part the players, and in part the scheme and QB. Niners have one of the most dynamic offensive systems in the league. Shanny and his protege McDaniel in Miami, along with Andy Reid lead the cutting edge in modern NFL offense, while somehow our own Ronny McDaniels has regressed into an offensive curmudgeon. Repeated theme has been decent looking plays early, when they are scripted, followed by utter vanilla, odd conservatism, poor clock and down management and a complete inability to adjust when things aren't working.

Look no further than Houston to see how competent coaching and QB can overcome bad OL players. They have been missing 3-4 key starters most of this season, and somehow are making it work.

This same OL looked more than fine last year. What's changed? Oh wait, we went from overrated QB who could threaten the D to massively overrated QB who can't. That's an over simplification, but I'd venture to guess it's 1a in a laundry list of issues the Raiders OL is dealing with this season. Even with a rookie QB who was getting mauled every other play by a Mack truck, the offense and running game looked better. Not solved, but definitely better. Grop is a joke and so too is his patron coach.

We should be drafting three OL every year until we find a line.

This is in part the players, and in part the scheme and QB. Niners have one of the most dynamic offensive systems in the league. Shanny and his protege McDaniel in Miami, along with Andy Reid lead the cutting edge in modern NFL offense, while somehow our own Ronny McDaniels has regressed into an offensive curmudgeon. Repeated theme has been decent looking plays early, when they are scripted, followed by utter vanilla, odd conservatism, poor clock and down management and a complete inability to adjust when things aren't working.

Look no further than Houston to see how competent coaching and QB can overcome bad OL players. They have been missing 3-4 key starters most of this season, and somehow are making it work.

This same OL looked more than fine last year. What's changed? Oh wait, we went from overrated QB who could threaten the D to massively overrated QB who can't. That's an over simplification, but I'd venture to guess it's 1a in a laundry list of issues the Raiders OL is dealing with this season. Even with a rookie QB who was getting mauled every other play by a Mack truck, the offense and running game looked better. Not solved, but definitely better. Grop is a joke and so too is his patron coach.
Noodle arm Garoppolo

I am just wondering how many careers has Tom Brady made by them being involved with him. Pretty much every coach that left NE has been exposed as being nothing special and even Belicheat is being shown to be a really good DC but nothing special as a HC... let alone the GOAT that so many people have been calling him. They all rode Brady's coattails and as soon as they were not riding that... they fall flat on their face.

I am just wondering how many careers has Tom Brady made by them being involved with him. Pretty much every coach that left NE has been exposed as being nothing special and even Belicheat is being shown to be a really good DC but nothing special as a HC... let alone the GOAT that so many people have been calling him. They all rode Brady's coattails and as soon as they were not riding that... they fall flat on their face.
Nonsense.

Brady was a game manager for those first three SBs.

Brady the QB is the GOAT
Belichick the Head Coach is the GOAT

Belichick the GM...gets a bad rap. He was the GM starting in 2000; he built the teams and assembled the coaching staffs that won 7 SBs. He coached the defenses that consistently finished top 5-8. He brought in Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon etc.

71 year old Belichick isn't as good as 48 year old Belichick, big deal it doesn't invalidate his entire body of work.

Nonsense.

Brady the QB is the GOAT

Belichick the GM...gets a bad rap. He was the GM starting in 2000; he built the teams and assembled the coaching staffs that won 7 SBs. He coached the defenses that consistently finished top 5-8. He brought in Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon etc.

71 year old Belichick isn't as good as 48 year old Belichick, big deal it doesn't invalidate his entire body of work.
its like finding that perfect person, its all about chemistry.

Brady with Billy B was perfect chemistry , the perfect storm if you will .

Nonsense.

Brady the QB is the GOAT

It didn’t hurt to be in a very weak division or to have questionable officiating (tuck rule, cough cough) or unbelievably stupid play calling by opposing teams in Super Bowls (Seattle and Atlanta)

Nonsense.

Brady the QB is the GOAT

That isn't what reality shows. I will freely give up he is likely one of the best DC's ever. But when has he had success without one of the all time greatest players to play the game regardless of position on his team? Without LT or Brady, he has done nothing. I am confident if I was coaching, LT or Brady would make me look like a great coach too.

I am not a Brady fan but proof is proof. He leaves NE and has success. NE is left without him and nose dives. All the coaching staff that have left Belicheat have sucked and failed and either end up back in NE or at Alabama. As a HC before NE and Brady- nothing. In fact, other than one decent year, very similar to what we see now.

IF Belicheat was the GOAT HC of all time then his coaching tree would show it. By their fruit they will be known.... his tree has no fruit and now without the Brady soil to flourish in, it is dying.

OVER RATED! CLAP CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP OVER RATED!!!

Nonsense.

Brady the QB is the GOAT

It didn’t hurt to be in a very weak division or to have questionable officiating (tuck rule, cough cough) or unbelievably stupid play calling by opposing teams in Super Bowls (Seattle and Atlanta)
True... how many lucky breaks did they get? A ton. Not many broke against them.

Nothing can convince me than Belicheat is over rated short of him all of a sudden having success again- which I don't see happening any time soon.

Nonsense.

Brady the QB is the GOAT

That isn't what reality shows. I will freely give up he is likely one of the best DC's ever. But when has he had success without one of the all time greatest players to play the game regardless of position on his team? Without LT or Brady, he has done nothing. I am confident if I was coaching, LT or Brady would make me look like a great coach too.

I am not a Brady fan but proof is proof. He leaves NE and has success. NE is left without him and nose dives. All the coaching staff that have left Belicheat have sucked and failed and either end up back in NE or at Alabama. As a HC before NE and Brady- nothing. In fact, other than one decent year, very similar to what we see now.

IF Belicheat was the GOAT HC of all time then his coaching tree would show it. By their fruit they will be known.... his tree has no fruit and now without the Brady soil to flourish in, it is dying.

OVER RATED! CLAP CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP OVER RATED!!!
Okay, I can see where you are here. No problem. I'll stop.

Mcdoofus can't manage a game in the 4th quarter, he showed his ineptitude against the Steelers in the 4th quarter. Mcdoosh continued to do this against the chargers and now 3 times in a row with the packers. I can't wait to see what he does this weekend against a bad belicheat and company

Some thoughts from last night's game:
  • The defense played relatively well. Cosby is playing at an MVP level.
  • I do not like how the team is using Tyree. They often have him in a 2-point stance playing read and react responsibilities. This is really a poor decision by the staff because it does not allow him to use his physical strength and results in too much onfield thinking. Get him in a 3 point stance crashing down and pushing the pocket.
  • The DTs are holding up relatively well
  • Jimmy G holds the ball way too long (especially behind that oline). Those wanting to see O'Connell under center, by patient an injury is coming if Jimmy G continues holding the ball to long.
  • It feels like McDaniels is calling plays like he is scared. Maybe he has no faith in the oline, but there are way too many fruitless runs up the middle. They need more outside runs with Jacobs and more variety in the screen game.
  • Speaking of play calling, it is inexcusable that the Raiders didn't target Adams once their first time in the red zone. The revenge factor is real and they did not allow Adams the opportunity.
  • Every once in a while I see a nicely schemed play, but they never go back to it. For instance, on the first series, the throw to Mayers coming across the formation was solid. (Very 49eresque). Why didn't they run it again, and run it out of different formations? Not a lot of creativity from the staff.
  • And to state the obvious, McD needs a lot of help with game management decisions.

Man , the more i see and hear McDaniels the more i cant stand seeing and hearing him.

I was sitting here wondering what it is about this guy thats just turning me off so badly, its like he reminds me of someone from high school that i couldnt stand , some smarmy little jerk who had short man syndrome and thought he knew more than everyone else around him. Maybe im overstating it a tad :laugh:

Man , the more i see and hear McDaniels the more i cant stand seeing and hearing him.

I was sitting here wondering what it is about this guy thats just turning me off so badly, its like he reminds me of someone from high school that i couldnt stand , some smarmy little jerk who had short man syndrome and thought he knew more than everyone else around him. Maybe im overstating it a tad :laugh:
You know what’s funny, my wife who doesn’t follow football closely at all asked me while I was watching his presser, “I don’t like that guy, what’s wrong with him?”
“Who is he?” I said, “ That’s the Raiders head coach.” Her next comment, something to the effect, “Ugh, I’m sorry.”

I do not like how the team is using Tyree. They often have him in a 2-point stance

I can't recall where I heard it but one of the beat writers recently claimed this was by design to help him with his unbelievably slow get off at the snap. Untruckingbelievable, really. Either this guy's foot is still no where near right and he should be rehabbing rather than playing, or he's just plain slow. Either way, I am ready to call the pick a gigantic mistake. Why draft a hurt player there when so many studs were on the board, even beyond the obvious Carter pick?

Speaking of the latter, basically, it turns out that when Ruggs took the drunken wheel he not only cost the Raiders Henry Ruggs, but also Jalen Carter. This team is cursed. There is no other explanation.

You know what’s funny, my wife who doesn’t follow football closely at all asked me while I was watching his presser, “I don’t like that guy, what’s wrong with him?”
“Who is he?” I said, “ That’s the Raiders head coach.” Her next comment, something to the effect, “Ugh, I’m sorry.”
Man, she’s a keeper.

I officially can no longer tell when the Raiders won or lost by reading this thread.
every day with mcdonkey as head coach is a loss. I do get the feeling he's on the hot seat.

I imagine if things go bad enough heading into the bye week, he could be gone.

the team needs better leadership at head coach. the question is who takes over? graham or lombardi.

I do not like how the team is using Tyree. They often have him in a 2-point stance

I can't recall where I heard it but one of the beat writers recently claimed this was by design to help him with his unbelievably slow get off at the snap. Untruckingbelievable, really. Either this guy's foot is still no where near right and he should be rehabbing rather than playing, or he's just plain slow. Either way, I am ready to call the pick a gigantic mistake. Why draft a hurt player there when so many studs were on the board, even beyond the obvious Carter pick?

Speaking of the latter, basically, it turns out that when Ruggs took the drunken wheel he not only cost the Raiders Henry Ruggs, but also Jalen Carter. This team is cursed. There is no other explanation.
The other more realistic explanation is the Raiders are simply a horribly run organization. The amount of terrible decisions every year in FA and the draft are inexcusable. The poor decisions are obvious to everyone outside of the organization too. It’s not like most of the personnel decisions are logical choices that miss.

Users who are viewing this thread