What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (3 Viewers)

A couple more random thoughts:

I remember a lot of odd decisions by Andy during our run in the 2000's that cost us some opportunities and some games. Play calling, personnel, game management, time management, etc. Talk of usually having the second-best coach in playoff matchups and getting outcoached back then. Getting outcoached by him in the SB just made me think back and wish that he had that presence of mind back in the day, he may even still be here.

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but if someone gave me the choice: you'll be in two Superbowls, you have to pick one to win and one to lose, one is as an underdog against Tom Brady, Belichick and the Patriots and the other is as a favorite against Mahomes, Reid and the Chiefs... I prefer this as the outcome. (As a side note, I'd probably swap 2008 vs Rays and 2009 vs Yanks if I had the same option.)
We definitely haven’t run into any easy Super Bowl matchups have we haha. I agree, I wouldn’t trade taking down Brady and Bilichick with Foles at QB for ANYTHING. What an epic way to bring it home.

I’m still pissed and in a mood.

Going to my fave ramen place to cheer myself up.

All we needed was one friggin stop in the second half. :rant:

Or if they didn’t overturn Devonta’s catch at the half.

Then there’s the fumble.

Really shoulda been 28-7 at the half.
Shoulda,coulda,woulda. And if the bear didn't stop to crap in the woods he woulda caught the rabbit

Almost set the sack record then get zero in the Super Bowl. Get Gannon outta here. This L was 100% on the defense. Angry.
It’s almost like they racked up all of those sacks because they played a weak schedule or something
I'll take weak schedule over a weak Head Coach all day. And your guy is suuuuper soft.
I'll take a weak schedule and go toe-to-toe with Mahomes & KC every year. Very closely contested and the Eagles were in it till the end. Great season!

Almost set the sack record then get zero in the Super Bowl. Get Gannon outta here. This L was 100% on the defense. Angry.
It’s almost like they racked up all of those sacks because they played a weak schedule or something
I'll take weak schedule over a weak Head Coach all day. And your guy is suuuuper soft.
I'll take a weak schedule and go toe-to-toe with Mahomes & KC every year. Very closely contested and the Eagles were in it till the end. Great season!
Eagles will also play a pretty tough schedule next year too. With the same awesome coach and the same great GM making moves. Or you could have Jerry Jone's more "long term team buidling" plan going. I guess at this point, Eagles Ls >>>Cowboys W's these days for that fanbase. Maybe not the newer guys, but the old defeated ones, this is all they got, reduced to being a broken record. Love to see it haha.

Eagles will also play a pretty tough schedule next year too. With the same awesome coach and the same great GM making moves. Or you could have Jerry Jone's more "long term team buidling" plan going. I guess at this point, Eagles Ls >>>Cowboys W's these days for that fanbase. Maybe not the newer guys, but the old defeated ones, this is all they got, reduced to being a broken record. Love to see it haha.
Hey, don't mock Jerry's 30 year re-build. They're almost ready to compete for a championship. Jerry's got a plan...

Hey but Dak got to be at the Super Bowl for the man of the year award, that counts for the Cowboys right?

Hey but Dak got to be at the Super Bowl for the man of the year award, that counts for the Cowboys right?

I believe he won. How’d you guys make out?

They’re in a frenzy now. All it took was a super mild joke about their team, no mention of another,) and all of a sudden it’s….

COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS!!!!

Reduced

They’re in a frenzy now. All it took was a super mild joke about their team, no mention of another,) and all of a sudden it’s….

Its weird how you gaslight any Eagles thread in some sort of attempt to get someone "in tears"

Responses = a frenzy.

I guess when you are lead by a Circus Leader who feeds you bs all the time, you are privy to believing your own bs as well, much like Jerry.

Watch out guys, we are frenzied and foaming at the mouth...err something.

Fact of the matter is the Eagles are in a prime spot like they were in 2002. Giants are meh, but have been getting beat by us for like 15 years and its not close, Redskinds/Was/Commanders whatever you want to call them are about to be sold, burned down and built up again, and you got the Cowboys, going into year 8 with the same QB that has just as many playoff wins in his career as Jalen Hurts had just this offseason. Giants got a good coach, but lol they are about to hitch their wagon to Danny Dimes. Not scary. The Cowboys are invested heavily in Dak with a Meh coach becoming a playcaller for the first time again since....? And again, I mean to be fair, mentioning Washington who I mean, its not a pretty sight. Not sure what will happen, but bottoms line, Eagles are obviously the supreme team and it will be that way for some time.

I'll let you go back to celebrating the regular season victories and all that fun Cowboy stuff.

Its weird how you gaslight any Eagles thread in some sort of attempt to get someone "in tears"

Responses = a frenzy.

I guess when you are lead by a Circus Leader who feeds you bs all the time, you are privy to believing your own bs as well, much like Jerry.

Fact of the matter is the Eagles are in a prime spot like they were in 2002. Giants are meh, but have been getting beat by us for like 15 years and its not close, Redskinds/Was/Commanders whatever you want to call them are about to be sold, burned down and built up again, and you got the Cowboys, going into year 8 with the same QB that has just as many playoff wins in his career as Jalen Hurts had just this offseason. Giants got a good coach, but lol they are about to hitch their wagon to Danny Dimes. Not scary. The Cowboys are invested heavily in Dak with a Meh coach becoming a playcaller for the first time again since....? And again, I mean to be fair, mentioning Washington who I mean, its not a pretty sight. Not sure what will happen, but bottoms line, Eagles are obviously the supreme team and it will be that way for some time.

I'll let you go back to celebrating the regular season victories and all that fun Cowboy stuff.
I think they just want to be relevant for the first time this century so bad that they're trying to do it by association.

Reactions: JAA

Do Eagles fans post a lot in the Cowboys thread? I wouldn't know because I rarely open it. But I see the same two Cowboys fans here everyday, and frequently comment about how obsessed we are with Cowboys.

Ironic.

Responses = a frenzy.

I think they just want to be relevant for the first time this century so bad that they're trying to do it by association.
Oh they are relevant. RATINGS!! LOL. It seems more projection, the real ones are honest with me "I'm so angry watching this game, knowing their owner does everything he can do build a contender each year"

I said "I'm angry too"

My Brother, the Cowboy fan replies "its different being angry about how YOUR team performs in the game than being angry about your team never getting there"

I kindly reminded him he chose the Cowboys in 1993 right after the first Super Bowl.

Do Eagles fans post a lot in the Cowboys thread? I wouldn't know because I rarely open it. But I see the same two Cowboys fans here everyday, and frequently comment about how obsessed we are with Cowboys.

Ironic.
More projection. Jerry taught them well!

Ironic.
Just seems weird to repeatedly tell us how obsessed we are with the Cowboys, while they're here almost every day with their :pokey: .

I'm sure we're the obsessed ones though.

Also a thing I think is notable, the way the team handled the call at the end of the game. From time to time you can *STILL* hear Saints fans/players crying about the Minnesota Miracle with Diggs. Nick Sirianni was excellent in the post game and didn't resort to blaming the refs. A certain other division rival has had their QB trashing refs after games and the Head Coach was seen shoving a cameraman's camera. People like to hate on Nick b/c he is an emotional guy, but he is classy and not sore loser.

Found our franchise QB who went toe to toe with the best in the game. I’d say that’s pretty impressive for a 24 year old QB, how long have you all been making excuses for wounded Duk at this point?

Found our franchise QB who went toe to toe with the best in the game. I’d say that’s pretty impressive for a 24 year old QB, how long have you all been making excuses for wounded Duk at this point?
Cmon man. It's a team game, not Dak's fault.

Also a thing I think is notable, the way the team handled the call at the end of the game. From time to time you can *STILL* hear Saints fans/players crying about the Minnesota Miracle with Diggs. Nick Sirianni was excellent in the post game and didn't resort to blaming the refs. A certain other division rival has had their QB trashing refs after games and the Head Coach was seen shoving a cameraman's camera. People like to hate on Nick b/c he is an emotional guy, but he is classy and not sore loser.
Siriani and Bradberry handled it so first class that it’s become the go to response for those acting like the hold call wasn’t completely out of place with how the game was called. You know what they really think and to handle it that we’ll minutes later deserves a lot of credit.

Cmon man. It's a team game, not Dak's fault.
The rest of them are overhyped underachievers too, good point.

You lost the superbowl was the answer.

You’re still talking about the Cowboys.

ONLY Because you asked- Dak outplayed Rodgers in his first game.

Remember when you guys joked about the Cowboys paying Dak? Now it’s your turn.

Dak is a better passer than Hurts.
Hurts is a better runner than Dak.

Both need help to win.

Yeah that occurred to me too. Yeah, the call sucked but the Eagles deserved to lose. They didn't play well enough to win. We can argue the merits of the call but it wasn't *the* reason the Eagles lost. KC earned it.

No excuse making. On to the Phillies. Spring training's right around the corner, then the NFL draft. Always a fan.

Oh, someone should fire up the 2023 thread. There's draft talk to be had!

We get Cowboys, Giants, Commies, Vikings, BUCS, Niners for 9 games next year. That's at least 8 wins. Love these easy schedules.

Ironic.
Just seems weird to repeatedly tell us how obsessed we are with the Cowboys, while they're here almost every day with their :pokey: .

I come in here and I try to talk football. I never bring up the Cowboys. It’s only after somebody else does where I might chime in.

You guys always wanna hurl insults - as if making fun of Dak Prescott, a man I’ve never met in my life, is somehow going to upset me. :lmao:

Ignoring Animotion and Calvin Klein, let's look at the offseason. Top of my head I got:

Coaching: Assuming Steichen is gone, and the QB coach will take his place. Gammon I have no idea. Assuming he's back, unless he gets a head coach gig. Get a new special teams coach, please. I know they improved down the stretch, but that unit was too bad for too long.

QB: Need a new backup, right? Prolly gotta pay Hurts too.
RB: Let Sanders walk, draft a guy and let Gainwell and Scott handle the bulk. Or there are a ton of FAs, grab a cheap one. or both?
WR: Get a new #3, let Quez do an occasional go route as the #4.
OL: Hope no one retires!
DL: One of the first rounders goes here I'm guessing, plus will need to sign some depth to replace the old temp guys. Is Cox back? BG?
LB: Honestly no idea. I'm sure the team hopes Dean can step in.
CB: Bradberry is gone. Very curious to see what they have in McPherson, but assuming another top pick fills in here.
S: Resign CJGJ. Him, Epps, and Blankenship are a decent 3 man group.
K: Elliott is the man.
P: For the love of god, bring in some competition!

Stats are fun. So if I click that link I’ll see two quarterbacks in the same systems, same personal, going up against the same defenses, same scheme, same down and distance, same time of year, same weather, same everything?

Because unless all that’s true it’s doesn’t matter.

But if you wanna play around with the numbers, go ahead and compare this “MVP level” season against Daks rookie year.

Ignoring Animotion and Calvin Klein, let's look at the offseason. Top of my head I got:

Coaching: Assuming Steichen is gone, and the QB coach will take his place. Gammon I have no idea. Assuming he's back, unless he gets a head coach gig. Get a new special teams coach, please. I know they improved down the stretch, but that unit was too bad for too long.

RB: Let Sanders walk, draft a guy and let Gainwell and Scott handle the bulk. Or there are a ton of FAs, grab a cheap one. or both?
DL: One of the first rounders goes here I'm guessing, plus will need to sign some depth to replace the old temp guys. Is Cox back? BG?
CB: Bradberry is gone. Very curious to see what they have in McPherson, but assuming another top pick fills in here.
For the RBs, what's the deal with Surmon? Is he just a guy or can he earn some playing time? I was surprised he saw no action with the Eagles during the season. He's under contract for next year.

Ironic.

I come in here and I try to talk football. I never bring up the Cowboys. It’s only after somebody else does where I might chime in.

You guys always wanna hurl insults - as if making fun of Dak Prescott, a man I’ve never met in my life, is somehow going to upset me. :lmao:
I hope your fingers don't hurt clutching those pearls so hard. Us talking about Cowboys in our favorite team's thread, as it relates to being a division rival somehow Trumps you literally living here. #Frenzied

Stats are fun. So if I click that link I’ll see two quarterbacks in the same systems, same personal, going up against the same defenses, same scheme, same down and distance, same time of year, same weather, same everything?

But if you wanna play around with the numbers, go ahead and compare this “MVP level” season against Daks rookie year.
They're not my numbers. I asked you by what metric is Dak a better passer? Or are you just going by your biased opinion?

Click the link, or maybe you don't want to. Whatever.

For the RBs, what's the deal with Surmon? Is he just a guy or can he earn some playing time? I was surprised he saw no action with the Eagles during the season. He's under contract for next year.
I forgot about him. Guessing the team doesn't think much since he never got any time. What did he have like 2 carries? Maybe he needs a full offseason with the team, or maybe he's a bum.

They're not my numbers. I asked you by what metric is Dak a better passer? Or are you just going by your biased opinion?

Comedy gold. Dak literally leads the league in INT's, Hurts finishes 2nd in both MVP voting and winning the Super Bowl and

*checks notes*

Cowboys fan comes into Eagles thread "Dak is still a better passer!!!!!"

Right.

Responses = a frenzy.

I did nothing of the kind. I try and talk to you and then you go on a tangent about the circus, get passive aggressive and then do the gaslighting you accuse me of.

Responses = a frenzy.

I did nothing of the kind. I try and talk to you and then you go on a tangent about the circus, get passive aggressive and then do the gaslighting you accuse me of.
Why are so upset though?

Comedy gold. Dak literally leads the league in INT's, Hurts finishes 2nd in both MVP voting and winning the Super Bowl and

*checks notes*

Right.

You’re a child. A extremely immature, sensitive child.

Emphasis on sensitive.
Go ahead bro, since you want to "talk football lets here your defense and stats to back up "Dak is a better passer' then.

If not, kindly mosey on over to your team's thread. You're not getting what you want here obviously.

*checks notes*

Right.
Right? Dak missed 5 games and still lead the league in INTs. Hurts has the better rating, the higher yards per completion, the higher completion %, and smokes Dak in nearly every adjusted passing stat.

I can believe Dak's the better QB, just provide the evidence. I need more than a laughing emoji though.

Ironic.

One simple line “maybe they racked up all of those sacks because their schedule was weak”. Most people say the schedule was weak. Because it was weak

That’s all it took to start bashing Dak, Jerry, McCarthy and the rest of the Cowboys.

One simple comment earlier today and gobirds goes straight to ripping into Dallas.

You tell me

*checks notes*

Right.
Right? Dak missed 5 games and still lead the league in INTs. Hurts has the better rating, the higher yards per completion, the higher completion %, and smokes Dak in nearly every adjusted passing stat.

I can believe Dak's the better QB, just provide the evidence. I need more than a laughing emoji though.
Don't forget. Jalen had a better YPA. During Jalen's 3 year career, his YPA has gone up each year. During that same span, Dak Prescott's has gone down in each year.

Ironic.

One simple line “maybe they racked up all of those sacks because their schedule was weak”. Most people say the schedule was weak. Because it was weak

That’s all it took to start bashing Dak, Jerry, McCarthy and the rest of the Cowboys.

One simple comment earlier today and gobirds goes straight to ripping into Dallas.

You tell me
To be fair, I can bash Jerry and Dak for far less, like their performance. Whether leading the league in INT's or firing a Super Bowl winning Coach, its not hard to trash Jerry and Dak.

Us talking about Cowboys in our favorite team's thread, as it relates to being a division rival somehow Trumps you literally living here. #Frenzied
What drives you to read “their stats are padded because their schedule was weak” and go straight off the deep end into bashing Dallas?

Honestly wondering

*checks notes*

Right.

Don't forget. Jalen had a better YPA. During Jalen's 3 year career, his YPA has gone up each year. During that same span, Dak Prescott's has gone down in each year.
Yup. For a "running back playing QB", Jalen sure did put up some pretty nice passing numbers. Add in the rushing numbers and I don't think any Dak/Jalen comparison is close. And Jalen made it past the divisional round of the playoffs in year 2.

Us talking about Cowboys in our favorite team's thread, as it relates to being a division rival somehow Trumps you literally living here. #Frenzied
What drives you to read “their stats are padded because their schedule was weak” and go straight off the deep end into bashing Dallas?

Honestly wondering
What leads you to believe an Eagles fan bashing Dallas equates to "going off the deep end" LOL. You are here in our thread. All you gotta do is leave. Nobody rattling anything in VHS-Ville

Users who are viewing this thread