What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

Well Crap....

Via Rotoworld:

"Washington released K Dustin Hopkins and signed K Chris Blewitt."

That's a blow for some as I had him too! 
Aaaaaand he signs with the Chargers, at least he is back being an active option again! 

Via Roroworld:

Chargers signed K Dustin Hopkins.

The Chargers’ kicking woes this season have been evident, most notably when they forwent a potential game-winning field goal attempt against the Chiefs to go for it on 4th-and-8. Hopkins looks to solve that problem. The veteran kicker converted 12-of-14 field goals and 10-of-12 extra points across six games for Washington this season. Los Angeles waived K Tristan Vizcaino in a corresponding move.

Tucker McCann?  Wasn't he already dead before the contest deadline?

He was... Honestly, there aren't any kickers in my regular leagues so I didn't know it was a thing that kickers in the contest could possibly not be starting. I chose based on teams not by kicker name. Lesson learned for next year. Josh Lambo cut too so I have 1 kicker for the worst offense in the league lol. 

Feeling extremely lucky that LAC signed Dustin Hopkins just in time for Carlson’s BYE (they’re my only 2 kickers) 
No reason for WFT to waive Hopkins.  In his last game, he hit from 43 and 50 and missed one from 42.  He was also good on his only PAT.  His only other missed FG in 2021 was a 51-yarder in week 1.  He was 10 of 12 on the year, for a rate of 85.7%.  In his 7 years with WFT, he compiled an 84% FG rate, which is not stud status, but let's compare it to all active kickers who have been kicking since 2015:

Justin Tucker - 90.8%
Chris Boswell - 88.2%
Robbie Gould - 86.5%
Jason Myers - 84.7%
Dustin Hopkins - 84.0% 
Graham Gano - 83.9%
Cairo Santos - 83.9%
Randy Bullock - 83.4%
Matt Prater - 83.0%
Ryan Succop - 82.7%
Brandon McManus - 82.6%
Greg Zuerlein - 82.1%
Nick Folk - 82.0%
Mason Crosby - 81.5%

As a Chargers fan, I welcome Dustin with open arms.
2021 - Tristan Vizcaino - 5 missed EP's in 15 attempts
2020 - Mike Badgley - 72.7% FG rate
2019 - Mike Badgley, Ty Long, and Chase McLaughlin combine for 76.5% FG rate
2018 - Caleb Sturgis starts with 69.2% FG rate, in comes rookie Badgley and kills it for 10 games
2017 - Younghoe Koo, Nick Novak, Travis Coons, and Nick Rose combine for 66.7% FG rate
2016 - Josh Lambo - 81.3% FG rate (none over 50 yards - figured I would say that with long-range Lambo)
2015 - Josh Lambo - 81.3% FG rate (a few over 50 though)
2014 - Nick Novak - 84.6% FG rate

Decided to make a team of the most owned players to see how they would be doing.  I will not cheat and skip common guys because they haven't produced (Gus Edwards), but I will have to make judgment calls as to how many folks to roster at each position.

QB
Justin Fields - 26.7% - $7 - week 10
Tom Brady - 21.2% - $17 - week 9
I typically carry 2 QB's, so I will stick to it.  I would be sweating week 9 with only Fields, but it's what I have to do.  2 QB's total for $24, but I like to spend around $30.  Would love to drop Fields and pick up Stafford, who is the next most common, but that would be cheating. 

RB
Gus Edwards - 64.9% - $11 - week 8
James Robinson - 44.8% - $16 - week 7
Sony Michel - 35.0% - $5 - week 11
Rhamondre Stevenson - 26.3% - $3 - week 14
Najee Harris - 22.6% - $25 - week 7
Trey Sermon - 17.9% - $15 - week 6
As it is, I chose 6 RB's for a total of $75.  I don't think I have ever went over $100 at the RB position, and the next most common guy (Chubb) would've put me over.  A little light here; would've loved to see the next most common around $15.

WR
Marquez Callaway - 47.5% - $5 - week 6
Antonio Brown - 27.5% - $10 - week 9
Bryan Edwards - 24.6% - $4 - week 8
Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 24.4% - $3 - week 13
Jakobi Meyers - 23.2% - $6 - week 14
Michael Pittman - 21.7% - $9 - week 14
Laviska Shenault - 20.8% - $13 - week 7
Jerry Jeudy - 20.5% - $16 - week 11
Calvin Ridley - 17.9% - $27 - week 6
9 WR's totaling $83 is right in my wheelhouse.  That worked out very well!

TE
Kyle Pitts - 21.2% - $17 - week 6
Gerald Everett - 18.8% - $7 - week 9
Travis Kelce - 18.3% - $30 - week 12
This could've gotten dicey real fast with Kelce's budget, but it worked out perfectly.

K
Younghoe Koo - 20.5% - $4 - week 6
Brandon McManus - 19.9% - $3 - week 11
Greg Zuerlein - 14.4% - $4 - week 7
Normally would go for cheaper options, oh well.

D
Denver Broncos - 26.5% - $3 - week 11
I can only carry 1 D, because if I had dropped Zuerlein and picked up the next most common D (WFT for $5), I would've been over the limit by a stupid buck!  So I have no choice but to go with 3 kickers and 1 defense.

So, would this team still be alive?  Nope!
They were over the cut by 10 in week 1, by 27 in week 2, by 31 in week 3, then under the cut by 8 in week 4.  Fields couldn't step up and help out when Brady scored a paltry 13.75.  In fact, he managed to score lower, at only 10.35.  FWIW, in week 5 they exploded for 241.15 when the cut was a monster 178.2, and were also above the cut by 16 and 23 the next 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to make a team of the most owned players to see how they would be doing.  I will not cheat and skip common guys because they haven't produced (Gus Edwards), but I will have to make judgment calls as to how many folks to roster at each position.

QB
Justin Fields - 26.7% - $7 - week 10
Tom Brady - 21.2% - $17 - week 9
I typically carry 2 QB's, so I will stick to it.  I would be sweating week 9 with only Fields, but it's what I have to do.  2 QB's total for $24, but I like to spend around $30.  Would love to drop Fields and pick up Stafford, who is the next most common, but that would be cheating. 

RB
Gus Edwards - 64.9% - $11 - week 8
James Robinson - 44.8% - $16 - week 7
Sony Michel - 35.0% - $5 - week 11
Rhamondre Stevenson - 26.3% - $3 - week 14
Najee Harris - 22.6% - $25 - week 7
Trey Sermon - 17.9% - $15 - week 6
As it is, I chose 6 RB's for a total of $75.  I don't think I have ever went over $100 at the RB position, and the next most common guy (Chubb) would've put me over.  A little light here; would've loved to see the next most common around $15.

WR
Marquez Callaway - 47.5% - $5 - week 6
Antonio Brown - 27.5% - $10 - week 9
Bryan Edwards - 24.6% - $4 - week 8
Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 24.4% - $3 - week 13
Jakobi Meyers - 23.2% - $6 - week 14
Michael Pittman - 21.7% - $9 - week 14
Laviska Shenault - 20.8% - $13 - week 7
Jerry Jeudy - 20.5% - $16 - week 11
Calvin Ridley - 17.9% - $27 - week 6
9 WR's totaling $83 is right in my wheelhouse.  That worked out very well!

TE
Kyle Pitts - 21.2% - $17 - week 6
Gerald Everett - 18.8% - $7 - week 9
Travis Kelce - 18.3% - $30 - week 12
This could've gotten dicey real fast with Kelce's budget, but it worked out perfectly.

K
Younghoe Koo - 20.5% - $4 - week 6
Brandon McManus - 19.9% - $3 - week 11
Greg Zuerlein - 14.4% - $4 - week 7
Normally would go for cheaper options, oh well.

D
Denver Broncos - 26.5% - $3 - week 11
I can only carry 1 D, because if I had dropped Zuerlein and picked up the next most common D (WFT for $5), I would've been over the limit by a stupid buck!  So I have no choice but to go with 3 kickers and 1 defense.

So, would this team still be alive?  Nope!
They were over the cut by 10 in week 1, by 27 in week 2, by 31 in week 3, then under the cut by 8 in week 4.  Fields couldn't step up and help out when Brady scored a paltry 13.75.  In fact, he managed to score lower, at only 10.35.  FWIW, in week 5 they exploded for 241.15 when the cut was a monster 178.2, and were also above the cut by 16 and 23 the next 2 weeks.
I have a huge number of those guys. Miracle I’m still alive. 

Crazy scoring this week it seems, will be interesting to see what the cut-off will look like after the late games!

148.95 after the late round Sunday games.

Remaining:

Justin Jefferson (-7.7)

Mecole Hardman (-7.7)

Travis Kelce (-4.3)

Feeling confident of avoiding the Turk for one more week.

Dacomish said:
Hopefully that is the case!!

Only two teams over 200 and a final cut in the 130's would be low IMO.  Weird week where every time you turnaround the third stringer was scoring.  I follow the Panthers and didn't even know Abdullah was on our roster and he had more receiving than DJ Moore.  Some guy name Sharpe tripled up Pitts.

Injuries also really seem to be accumulating.

These are the players tonight owned more that 5% (T. Hill was close enough so I included him too).

T. Kelce    18.3%
M. Harman    11.4%
H. Butker     8.8%
P. Mahomes     5.7%
T. Hill         4.7%

Current cutline at ~125.  I'm at ~150 and done so hopefully that holds up and we don't have a monster line movement like the BAL/IND game.  Good luck everyone.

Here I am, back with stats on D's thru the first 7 weeks:

1 - DAL - 9.5 PPG - $2 - 7.0% owned
2 - BUF - 8.7 PPG - $4 - 10.5% owned
3 - TB - 8.0 PPG - $7 - 5.9% owned
4 - ARI - 7.6 PPG - $3 - 2.7% owned
5 - IND - 7.4 PPG - $4 - 5.8% owned
6 - MIN - 6.8 PPG - $3 - 5.0% owned
7 - NO - 6.5 PPG - $4 - 1.8% owned
8 - LAR - 6.3 PPG - $6 - 8.4% owned
9 - CHI - 6.0 PPG - $3 - 13.5% owned
10 - GB - 5.7 PPG - $2 - 14.3% owned
11 - TEN - 5.6 PPG - $2 - 7.2% owned
12 - WAS - 5.3 PPG - $5 - 24.2% owned
12 - NE - 5.3 PPG - $6 - 6.6% owned
14 - LAC - 5.2 PPG - $4 - 3.1% owned
14 - PIT - 5.2 PPG - $7 - 5.5% owned
16 - LV - 5.1 PPG - $2 - 2.5% owned
16 - CAR - 5.1 PPG - $3 - 3.9% owned
16 - MIA - 5.1 PPG - $4 - 6.5% owned
19 - BAL - 5.0 PPG - $5 - 7.0% owned
20 - HOU - 4.9 PPG - $2 - 1.1% owned
20 - NYG - 4.9 PPG - $3 - 3.1% owned
22 - PHI - 4.4 PPG - $2 - 9.2% owned
22 - CIN - 4.4 PPG - $2 - 1.5% owned
24 - DET - 4.3 PPG - $2 - 1.0% owned
24 - CLE - 4.3 PPG - $3 - 21.2% owned
24 - SF - 4.3 PPG - $4 - 16.7% owned
27 - JAC - 4.0 PPG - $2 - 2.1% owned
27 - KC - 4.0 PPG - $5 - 2.2% owned
29 - DEN - 3.9 PPG - $3 - 26.5% owned
29 - SEA - 3.9 PPG - $4 - 2.0% owned
31 - NYJ - 3.7 PPG - $2 - 2.8% owned
32 - ATL - 3.3 PPG - $2 - 2.2% owned

My QB situation for next week is tough as I backed up Brady with Darnold and the rookie Zach Wilson. Therefore for week 5 it is Darnold solo.

My RB situation has been tentative most of the year, but with Henry apparently out and James Robinson injured yesterday, that corps could be Ingram and Stevenson solo.

If I survive this week, which is hopefully probable.

~135.5 and done this week, so I'm definitely in trouble if we have a high scoring game from Kelce and/or Hardman. Crazy that Fields might be the one that squeaks me through. Hopefully the news that James Robinson's injury isn't that severe will hold true.

I am starting to think miracles are happening for me: 

I am at 152.55 with the cut line showing 125.85. I believe I made it this week. QB and WR saved me big time. My RBs are struggling. 

QBs: 40.95 - Brady has been my saving grace most weeks. Darnold counted once and nothing for Tyrod. 

RBs: 15.3 - Week 7 I had 5.2 points from my RBs. James Robinson has been my best RB, hope he gets better soon. 

WRs: 69.8 - Not sure what happened to Calvin Ridley, but I hope he gets his personal matters resolved. I have no idea what he is going through, but feel bad for the guy. 

TEs: 8.6 - I guess Austin Hooper's 4 catches saved me here. 

PKs: 10.9 - Kickers are doing well for me. Feeling great about my combo here, Younghoe, McManus and McPherson. 

DEF: 7 - Averaging just over 8 points per week on Def, which seems pretty good. 

I feel the turk lurking in the shadows watching me. I don't see how I continue to survive with my RB situation. 

Dacomish said:
Crazy scoring this week it seems, will be interesting to see what the cut-off will look like after the late games!
Stafford/Woods/Henderson/Harris will hopefully keep me in it, but who knows. 

Never would have thought Dan Arnold would give me a solid game after start to year but there it is. 

Hoping it’s a sign of things to come for him in Jacksonville.

This squad is scraping it together week after week. I like my odds of getting to the finals because my byes are spaced nicely until Week 14. But I don't expect to do well in the finals. Probably won't finish in the top 50%

~135.5 and done this week, so I'm definitely in trouble if we have a high scoring game from Kelce and/or Hardman. Crazy that Fields might be the one that squeaks me through. Hopefully the news that James Robinson's injury isn't that severe will hold true.
Made it by 4.5 points, but Going forward my only 2 QBs are Fields and Mac Jones.😐

Week nine seems like the last big hurdle for my squad. It's just D. Harris/J. Robinson(??)/Sermon at RB for the week and unless Knox gets right by Sunday, my only active TE will be Alie-Cox. This contest is such a bear, it's unreal. 

I’m sure Henry going down is a huge blow to a lot of teams still in it. Running back position is just a killer, not sure what strategy there is optimal other than “pick healthy good running backs”.

Almost feel like way to go is load up on receivers and tight ends and almost do a zero running back strategy - select cheap, talented backups, 3rd down backs - but limit amount.

week 11 is going to be tough if I make it that far.

Stafford/Kupp and Bridgewater/Jeudy are all out on bye that week.  I knew this at the start of the contest but decided to roll with it because I preferred these players to other combos where the byes would be more spread out.  Brady will be my only QB that week which should be fine.  However, with C. Ridley likely unavailable I will be using two scores from these three WR: G. Davis, J. Meyers, B. Edwards   :bag:   :X

I'll need Kittle and Gronk back at full strength by then so my TEs can carry the load (these two and M. Gesicki).

Also, it would be nice if my kickers stopped getting hurt: R. Blankenship has been out, and C. Boswell got crushed on a fake FG attempt and is in concussion protocol.

Done. WR's did me in. J Jefferson, T Mclaurin, L Shenault, C Daviis, M Calloway.

No double digit scores from any WR. 108.45 total team score.

Single digit scores from Flex'ers- J Robinson and N Chubb and TE M Gesicki.

Can't be saved by M Andrews when he's on bye.

omg I'm still alive! :pickle:

Thank you, Eagles D (14), Randall Cobb (16.5) Robert Woods, Darnell Mooney & Gabe Davis (46 combined) and my Rams Henderson & Stafford. :wub:   Harris chipped in a nice 19 to bring me ~30 over the cut line. 

Only Everett on the BYE this week, and I'm hoping Pitts returns to form to dominate receptions without Ridley. 

Every week since week 4 is the furthest I've ever made it. I doubt I have a shot at a prize, but it's fun not being eliminated!

Good luck everyone! 

I’m sure Henry going down is a huge blow to a lot of teams still in it. Running back position is just a killer, not sure what strategy there is optimal other than “pick healthy good running backs”.

Almost feel like way to go is load up on receivers and tight ends and almost do a zero running back strategy - select cheap, talented backups, 3rd down backs - but limit amount.

Except every time I do that the field comes up with a week posting 50 points at RB and their scrub WRs are hanging 3-85-2 weeks the exact week Kelce and Jefferson don't show up.

joffer said:
saved by Boston Scott

Words I thought would never be spoken for $500?

Damn the Turk. I’m out. Chubb Robinson Pitt did me in. 118. Even Brady couldn’t save me this week. Waddle and Ronald Moore ended up being my flex with evans and lamb as my wr. Actually made it farther this time and thought I’d go all the way. Guess I just have to pick the right rbs that don’t get injured this time lol.

Users who are viewing this thread