What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Anyone bored and care to look up my score and the approximate cutoff? Cannot see my score on iPad. 

I am entry 100413. 

How does jalen Hurts only have 8 points on this sheet?
Good question. I'll take a look. His points are correct 23.9 for the team totals, it has to have something to do averaging his points out for the individual player table. I'll take a look before next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. I'll take a look. His points are correct 23.9 for the team totals, it has to have something to do averaging his points out for the individual player table. I'll take a look before next week.
Sorry, that is incorrect. He is total 0 for some. I need to take a look now since it impacts this week. 

Sorry, that is incorrect. He is total 0 for some. I need to take a look now since it impacts this week. 
I was using the total points; which only takes the highest scoring players for the position, so the was average wasn't working. I've changed it to the player point totals, so now it should be working. 

233 points…Andrews, Winston, and great WR play for my 2 flex. Need James Robinson and N. Harris to continue their respectable performance. 

Andrews like many pushed me up over 215 so happy to not have had to sweat the Turk today! I looked at many of the top teams from this week and all those 45-50 point QB games are just dizzying.....

**Side eye stares at A.Rodgers in contempt**🤨

I like my roster but in two weeks I have Najee Harris, Zeke, and James Robinson on bye with Damien Harris and Sony Michel as my remaining backs. Zero idea what I was thinking there with bye weeks.

Made it with 233.7 points. If I make past next week then week 7 will be a rough one. Herbert on bye, Wilson injured with Fields scoring. I will only have Chubb with Montgomery out and Robinson on bye. I will need three stud TEs to all act like it.

The good news: 245.55 points takes my average score to almost 200. The bad news: it doesn't matter thanks to my 133 point stinker last week.
This is the challenge with this contest. It is best ball, so you have to expect those drastic swings. My typical philosophy is to lean to the larger roster which hopefully will smooth out the peaks. You almost have to have the studs, particularly in the finals. But those consistent double digit floor players definitely are more effective here.

Sorry to see you go and please continue to talk strategy here, because your comments are always appreciated!

Very high scoring week so glad to survive and move on. My top two RBs need to find a brother-in-law to step up in their bye week, but otherwise I am very pleased with the overall team production.

QB - Brady 4, Darnold 1 & Z Wilson 0 - need Wilson to step up down the stretch in Brady's bye week would be nice

RB - D. Henry 5, James Robinson 4, Ingram 1, Stevenson 0, Breida 0, Gallman 0 & Edwards X

WR - Pittman 4, K. Allen 3, A Robinson 2, Shenault 2, Hardman 2, Callaway 2, B. Edweards 1 & MVS 1

TE - Andrews 4, Henry 2, J Smith 2 & Arnold 0

PK - Carlson 3, McManus 2 & Lambo 0

DST - Cardinals 2, Cowboys 2 & Panthers 1

The good news: 245.55 points takes my average score to almost 200. The bad news: it doesn't matter thanks to my 133 point stinker last week.
I'm taking the oppposite apprach and just barely getting by each week.  For weeks one through five I am a combined 55 points over the cut with three weeks within 10 points.

Player usage:

Brady 3, Stafford 2, Teddy KGB 0 (seemed like cheap insurance for $5)
N. Harris 5, J. Robinson 5, AJ Dillon 2, Gio Bernard 2, R. Stevenson 0, G. Edwards X
C. Kupp 5, J. Meyer 4, C. Ridley 2, J. Jeudy 1, B. Edwards 1, G. Davis 0
M. Gesicki 4, Gronk 2, G. Kittle 2
C. Boswell 2, D. Carlson 2, R. Blankenship 1
Cowboys 5, Eagles 0, Packers 0

Kittle and Ridley are injured and on bye this week so hopefully they can get healthy and return after their bye.

Now we enter bye weeks.  First up is the Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets and San Francisco 49ers.

I'll be down Callaway, Corey Davis (and Mostert and Jeudy).  Pitts, Ridley, and Kamara owners will be be feeling the most heat here.

survived with 201. I am in trouble in week 6 as my RBs are killing me. I desperately need Montgomery to play this week. 

David Montgomery $22  0.00 out?

Mike Davis $19 13.10 bye

James Robinson $16  21.20

Gus Edwards $11  0.00 

Rhamondre Stevenson $3  2.30 bye

Mark Ingram $3 4.10

Now we enter bye weeks.  First up is the Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets and San Francisco 49ers.

I'll be down Callaway, Corey Davis (and Mostert and Jeudy).  Pitts, Ridley, and Kamara owners will be be feeling the most heat here.
I will be down Callaway and Ridley. 

My best week yet with 210.25 over a surprisingly high cut-off of 178.2 for 1009th place. :pickle:  

My RBs carried me this week, with Chubb, Harris, Henderson & Robinson all coming through. Got plenty of production from Woods & Calloway, and Pitts had a big part. Hopkins 11 & the Eagles 9 were also meaningful. Just enough out of Big Ben to get me to week 6, making this the longest I've ever survived this contest. Taking 3 D/ST has proved valuable, as all 3 have had weeks where they helped. 2/2/1

Now we head to the BYEs, so I really hope Gallup comes back this week. I could use him in redraft, too. Pitts/Calloway on the BYE. And Zach Wilson, which probably won't matter. 

Wow, I'm ranked 63 this week. Best I've ever gotten but living on borrowed time lol. Like everyone else, struggling at RB. Also down to 1 kicker lol.

https://footballguys.com/contests/subscribers/2021/entry/108888

QB - Tom Brady - 17
QB - Mac Jones - 9
QB - Justin Fields - 7
QB - Trey Lance - 7
RB - Nick Chubb - 26
RB - David Montgomery - 22
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - 3
WR - CeeDee Lamb - 23
WR - Mike Evans - 21
WR - Jaylen Waddle - 11
WR - Rondale Moore - 9
WR - Emmanuel Sanders - 7
WR - Bryan Edwards - 4
TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Mark Andrews - 16
PK - Tucker McCann - 3
PK - Josh Lambo - 3
PK - Cairo Santos - 3
TD - Baltimore Ravens - 5
TD - Indianapolis Colts - 4
TD - Chicago Bears - 3
TD - Cleveland Browns - 3

Gonna keep teasing the Turk until my dying breath.  :towelwave:
Missing 5 on a bye plus Montgomery and Edwards. Team averages 189.32 per week. Usage breakdown…

Brady 4, Lance 1, Fields 0 
Avg 39.23 

Chubb 4, Robinson 4, Montgomery 3, Sony 1, Stevenson 0, Gallman 0, Edwards X 

Avg 40.84 Need the top guys to remain healthy and productive 

Jefferson 5, AB 3, Hardman 3, Corey Davis 2, Callaway 2, Julio 1, DeSean Jackson 1 Avg 66.39 Julio is the rotten tomato of this bunch so far

Kelce 5, Arnold 1, Akins 0 
Happy with Kelce and Arnold production is trending up 

Carlson 2, McPherson 2, Joseph 1 
Avg 14.08 per week. Solid results 

Houston 3, 49ers 2
Rough 5.6 avg per week. Should have stuck with 2 cheaper D than pay up for the 49ers. 

Good luck fellow bored mates!

Great piece in the Roundtable article this week about the Subscriber Contest! 

We all have our own theories and methods on roster construction so @Joe Bryant it was nice to see some different insight from your staffers!

WOW!  I went to bed Monday night thinking I was safe...  I had 172+ (with Pittman -16.6) with an expected Cut of 156 range... 

Come to find out I missed it by 0.05 !!    MNF score really bumped the Cut!  And I was OBLIVIOUS....  ASSumed I was safe! 

My score = 178.15      Cut = 178.20     

GL to all remaining ...  but I'm out! 

FYI - never used Fitzmagic, Gus & Sony...  Wasted $$ 

WOW!  I went to bed Monday night thinking I was safe...  I had 172+ (with Pittman -16.6) with an expected Cut of 156 range... 

Come to find out I missed it by 0.05 !!    MNF score really bumped the Cut!  And I was OBLIVIOUS....  ASSumed I was safe! 

My score = 178.15      Cut = 178.20     

GL to all remaining ...  but I'm out! 

FYI - never used Fitzmagic, Gus & Sony...  Wasted $$ 
Insert expletive!  WTH Turk???

You should have been safe.  That 2nd half hit FF leagues like a tsunami. Sorry to see you get knocked out. 

Users who are viewing this thread