What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Buffalo Bills - Same as it ever was*** (1 Viewer)

Wow, on ESPN radio they said there's a team option to buyout for $10M after 1 year, and another buyout after 2 years. I love the sounds of that.

Did anyone watch the game last night? I wanted to see how the OL looked in front of Tyrod, and his deep ball to Goodwin, but they edited that drive out of this morning's replay on NFLN. :(

Did anyone watch the game last night? I wanted to see how the OL looked in front of Tyrod, and his deep ball to Goodwin, but they edited that drive out of this morning's replay on NFLN. :(
I saw it. Tough to eval the line with Incognito, Glenn, and Woods all not playing. They held up well though. Tyrod only played the first series but looked sharp. That missed deep ball to Goodwin was more Goodwin's fault for not adjusting to the ball; Watkins would have came down with that for a huge gain (Sammy didn't play). The o-line kept him clean and opened up some nice holes for the running backs, which did very well against the Colts D (for what that's worth). Gillisepe (sic?) clearly looked like he should be the #2 back until either Williams gets back or Bush learns the offense. Jon Williams, while big and fast, didn't show much in the way of vision. Many of his runs were slams into piles of linemen when an adjustment or two would have gained more yards. He's a project in the works more than anything.

Better, our D looked very good against the Colts. Yes, Luck didn't play, but our front seven ate up the Colts' o-line and destroyed their attempts to run. Hughes and Dareus both looked sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the hits keep on coming. Enemkpali is done for the season.

If Rex miracles an average defense out of this mess and a 9-7 record, he should be given an extension.

in pretty sure this whole season, the chyron on NFL network has basically been a Bills injury tracker. I feel for you guys. Hopefully it means Tygodand Sammy get to open it up a bit.

Watched it and made notes.  Cyrus Kouandijo started at LT and did very well.  Newcomer Ryan Groy was a LG.  A lot of running success was pretty much on the left side so based on what I saw looks like Kouandijo will be the 3rd/swing Tackle.  A lot of deep balls were throw by all 3 QB's and considering Indy only got 2 sacks, I'd think that the O-Line did a pretty good job.

A lot of chatter is being made about the Titans' "Exotic Smashmouth" offense.

Isn't this what Greg Roman has been running since his 49ers days? I know Shady isn't a big bruising back, but the Bills offense is run-first in an era where everyone throws like mad, and they attempt to wear down opposing Ds. 

Dareus asking for Bills fans to "#believe"

No, screw you you selfish #####. 

And with news that the Bills do not have a forfeiture clause in Dareus's contract, the Bills should seriously look at firing Doug Whaley. I've defended the guy and ton and he's had a lot of successes, but crap like this is inexcuseable. 

The Pegulas have to be seriously pissed because with all the suspensions, they're looking at some huge fines they have to pay under the NFL's new policy.  I think they're already looking at a $200k fine at minimum.

Honestly even without the recent suspensions, this is probably the lowest I've been on the Bills in the past few years.  It's weird because they have a QB now for the first time in forever yet I can't help but feel like the team is taking a step back.  Rookie injuries, Aaron Williams with another concussion, players getting arrested in the offseason, etc.  Last year was a step back overall and I really don't feel like we're moving forward.

Honestly even without the recent suspensions, this is probably the lowest I've been on the Bills in the past few years.  It's weird because they have a QB now for the first time in forever yet I can't help but feel like the team is taking a step back.  Rookie injuries, Aaron Williams with another concussion, players getting arrested in the offseason, etc.  Last year was a step back overall and I really don't feel like we're moving forward.
Would I be surprised if the team regressed this year and finishes with 4-7 wins? No

Am I ready to abandon hope for the season? No, not at all. If Tyrod, Sammy, LeSean and the OL can stay relatively healthy this offense could really take a big step forward. The defense has taken some big hits, but they still have a handful of really talented players. If the other guys can be serviceable the D can still be pretty decent.

Would I be surprised if the team regressed this year and finishes with 4-7 wins? No

Am I ready to abandon hope for the season? No, not at all. If Tyrod, Sammy, LeSean and the OL can stay relatively healthy this offense could really take a big step forward. The defense has taken some big hits, but they still have a handful of really talented players. If the other guys can be serviceable the D can still be pretty decent.
I don't think I'd really be surprised with anything between 6 wins and a Wild Card berth.  I'd be surprised if they won 5 or less or won the division.  I definitely wouldn't say the season is hopeless, there are certainly bright spots.  If the defense can rebound a bit, Watkins can stay healthy and the OL pans out, this team could make the playoffs.  I'm just less optimistic than I have been for the past few years.  

Steve Tasker said:
I'm excited for Sammy Watkins, who could become a transcendant player based on what we saw at the end of 2015. Continued improvement from Tyrod, a bounce back from Woods, and a strong year from Clay and McCoy and this offense should be pretty fun to watch.

As for the defense, they are hurting but still have one of the best CB tandems in the league and good depth behind them as well. That matters in a pass-heavy league like this. Will be up to the coaches to figure out ways to use what they have up front to stop the run and generate some heat on opposing QBs.

I'm excited for Sammy Watkins, who could become a transcendant player based on what we saw at the end of 2015. Continued improvement from Tyrod, a bounce back from Woods, and a strong year from Clay and McCoy and this offense should be pretty fun to watch.

As for the defense, they are hurting but still have one of the best CB tandems in the league and good depth behind them as well. That matters in a pass-heavy league like this. Will be up to the coaches to figure out ways to use what they have up front to stop the run and generate some heat on opposing QBs.
Wish I had your continued optimism...........

Last year alone, this team was called for

18 penalties against the Patriots (14 accepted for 140 yards), and another 15 against the Eagles (105 yards). Playing for Rex Ryan means you gotta work twice as hard to get half as much yardage.

:lmao:

For every awesome thing Rex does, he does something else to negate it. He hires the first full-time female coach in league history, then gets in bed with Donald ####### Trump. He hands the offense over to Tyrod Taylor, then lets the front office lowball him all offseason. He gives the media great copy that they lap up like housecats, but then he forbids tweeting at practice. He supports his players, but then lets the team put out THIS ridiculous statement lighting into Marcell Dareus for his weed suspension. He trolls other teams by choosing gimmick captains, and then ####### loses to those same teams.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Might as well just go ahead and fire everybody now.  No sense in dragging out the inevitable.  
Have to agree here as much as I don't want to.  Starts with the GM. All the bizarre handling of the drafts, FA signings and extensions is baffling at times.  This year for me is really back breaking.  I understand Ragland, things happen, but some of the rest is just pure garbage.  Hope they prove us wrong this year on the field but highly unlikely.

Have to agree here as much as I don't want to.  Starts with the GM. All the bizarre handling of the drafts, FA signings and extensions is baffling at times.  This year for me is really back breaking.  I understand Ragland, things happen, but some of the rest is just pure garbage.  Hope they prove us wrong this year on the field but highly unlikely.
:shrug:

I think Whaley has done a great job. And, other than blowing up the defense last year, rather than transitioning from what had worked so good in 2014, I don't have any major issues with Rex.

:shrug:

I think Whaley has done a great job. And, other than blowing up the defense last year, rather than transitioning from what had worked so good in 2014, I don't have any major issues with Rex.
Agree and when injuries happen Whaley seems like a great scout (background) in finding guys to step in.  Mills comes to mind right away.  I look forward to seeing who he picks up at cut down day.

He'll be starting for the Patriots by week 5.
Ugh... I was just starting to think about where he might land, because there's no doubt he'll be on another team. The Pats would make sense, and that would suck.

We might have to track his address and send him some brownies throughout the season.

I'm a little shocked with the Karlos Williams release. Kid goes from unknown 5th round pick to becoming one of the steals of the draft with TD's in his first 7 games played & being a major contributor to the top rushing offense in the league... and now he is cut. 

He must have had a MAJOR attitude problem for the Bills to just say enough. He came into camp out of shape on top of getting suspended for 4 games for violating league's substance abuse policy- still, he was a very promising, young player. He must have gotten on the wrong side of Rex or Whaley. 

I wish they'd kept him, but I'm not surprised.

He shows up to camp overweight and slow, then gets suspended 4 games for substance abuse. It's not like the Bills don't have a bunch of good backup RBs already. They didn't need his headaches.

Apparently Karlos who ballooned to about 260 or more, got his weight down, but then it went back UP so he was cut as it was reported he didn't have football as his #1 priority.  Okay I can understand that but I would have thought someone out there, would have offered the Bills a (conditional) 5th or 6th or 7th pick in exchange.  That is what I don't understand.

Taylor looked really good.

I was not a believer last year at times during the year, but when going back and watching his game film from last year he showed plenty of potential to be a very good qb for a long time. He is not just an athletic qb. The thing I like about him is his accuracy.  As a first year starter the one thing that was at times holding him back was reading NFL defenses, and struggled a bit with being consistent game in and game out. That will only get easier. Finally looks as though the Bills found their guy.

Apparently Karlos who ballooned to about 260 or more, got his weight down, but then it went back UP so he was cut as it was reported he didn't have football as his #1 priority.  Okay I can understand that but I would have thought someone out there, would have offered the Bills a (conditional) 5th or 6th or 7th pick in exchange.  That is what I don't understand.
Why? He has a 4 game suspension. He is deep in the drug program. No one is goig to trade anything of value for him

Users who are viewing this thread