What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 (18 season) FBG Playoff League (1 Viewer)

The easiest split on most all our teams to determine the keepers moving forward. If I am assessing, Reaper has the top player this week in Kelce and since he finished first, he also gets the top available player in Kamara, but somewhat surprisingly he also has in my opinion the lowest ranked keeper in Ted Ginn, who has lost value in my eyes since the Saints prefer to run the ball more and especially because Brees has not hit deep passes nearly so often this season.

After looking at the available players again, it does seem that the top pick is head and shoulders above the other three and pick #4's only positive is the ability to perhaps push the direction of the draft. I therefore urge everyone to study my two picks in the turn and draft accordingly.

Good luck everyone! I am pulling for the Saints to advance over the Rams, but think that regardless of the teams advancing this week we will have an excellent Super Bowl in two weeks in Atlanta. Enjoy the last doubleheader of the 2018 season on Sunday.

I honor of @Stinkin Ref I will zag and take Mahommes.  

Holloway is going to crush us after his picks at the turn.  That said, second place is just fine this week.
Is this the end of the fantasy football world as we know it? This is Mister "Wait on a quarterback" @BassNBrew here taking the first quarterback at #2 overall. Are you kidding me? I think that I would have to say that you are poking the @Stinkin Ref bear than honoring him. Wow, I did not see that coming. And I suspect that @-OZ- is shocked at this.

My perspective is that this benefits @-OZ- more than me as I had the top five really close together and no, Mahomes was not included in that five, so he will get one of my top five at his 2.2 selection.

You definitely zagged here and I congratulate you!

Is this the end of the fantasy football world as we know it? This is Mister "Wait on a quarterback" @BassNBrew here taking the first quarterback at #2 overall. Are you kidding me? I think that I would have to say that you are poking the @Stinkin Ref bear than honoring him. Wow, I did not see that coming. And I suspect that @-OZ- is shocked at this.

My perspective is that this benefits @-OZ- more than me as I had the top five really close together and no, Mahomes was not included in that five, so he will get one of my top five at his 2.2 selection.

You definitely zagged here and I congratulate you!
You're up.

I wasn't planning on gronking here but I'll take the chance that he has one more good day in him.

FWIW, I had 6 players I liked enough, but maybe you're not including Gronk?

Last edited by a moderator:
James White was an easy one for me, but the others I considered were very close, so maybe @BassNBrew made the right call.
Yeah, I almost took White instead of Gronk. 

Looks like I'll keep my stud wr plan again this week.  Hopefully Thomas, Edelman and cooks end up being strong enough to overcome a lack of backs.

Although I realize there may not be significant difference between the remaining three quarterbacks, I am very much wanting the Saints to win and I will therefore enjoy cheering Drew Brees with every completion. It might not have been the smartest pick, but I am really happy to have him on my roster.

Regarding my other pick, am I the only one surprised that Mr. Anderson lasted this long?

Regarding my other pick, am I the only one surprised that Mr. Anderson lasted this long?
Pretty much flipped a coin between him and Burkhead. I don't see the Rams running nearly as much this week. 

Ware is completely a lottery pick. He's back to practice, we'll see if he does anything in the game.

Well, @-OZ- and @Reaper drafted extra TEs as their flex, so I was left with my choice of Higbee or Hill. Already looking back, but preferred Higbee here over my pick of DSTs. Wanted to go dome kicker and went with the home team Lutz who has only missed one EP and two FGs all season.

I will be taking the left over at DST next round with the final WR taken in our draft.

If I have some free time tonight, I will check Dodds projections to see who he favors.

Well, @-OZ- and @Reaper drafted extra TEs as their flex, so I was left with my choice of Higbee or Hill. Already looking back, but preferred Higbee here over my pick of DSTs. Wanted to go dome kicker and went with the home team Lutz who has only missed one EP and two FGs all season.

I will be taking the left over at DST next round with the final WR taken in our draft.

If I have some free time tonight, I will check Dodds projections to see who he favors.
I ran the Stinkin Ref projections and I was a massive favorite.

Since Bloom does not project kickers or DST and whoever @BassNBrew selects as TE did not show up on Bloom's shorter list, those projections have been completed:

Total point projections from Bloom (only QB, RB, WR and TE)

1. Holloway 108.1
  2. Reaper 106.5
  3. OZ 95.7
  4. BassnBrew 85.8
Total projected points from Dodds and Tremblay will be posted later since the DSTs and BassnBrew's tight end remain unknown at this time.

Since Bloom does not project kickers or DST and whoever @BassNBrew selects as TE did not show up on Bloom's shorter list, those projections have been completed:

1. Holloway 108.1
  2. Reaper 106.5
  3. OZ 95.7
  4. BassnBrew 85.8
Total projected points from Dodds and Tremblay will be posted later since the DSTs and BassnBrew's tight end remain unknown at this time.
Thankfully these are never right.

1. Holloway 108.1
  2. Reaper 106.5
  3. OZ 95.7
  4. BassnBrew 85.8
Wow that is ugly.  Looks like I boned this draft.

Don't forget to give me another point for 6 pt passing TDs.

Fine Print - I did all of the math in my head and I did not check to confirm that the scoring was loaded correctly for my PDSL League.

Dodds Projections

1. Reaper 134.9
  2. Holloway 133.2
  3. OZ 129.1
  4. BassnBrew 121.7
M Tremblay's Projections

1. Reaper 131.2
  2. Holloway 124.3
  3. OZ 123.9
  4. Bass 115.4

injury update, it appears that @Reaper and @BassNBrew will both be playing with one less player. Ben Watson and Kirkwood, both of the Saints look like they will miss the game tomorrow.

@BassNBrew however gets an up on his late pick of Josh Hill, who could see more targets. Similarly my late pick of Tre'Quan Smith might have more of a chance at targets and all other Saints including Thomas, Kamara, Ingram and Ginn might get slight bumps of opportunity.

Although Saints fan for many years, I think that the Rams may have an edge tomorrow despite being slight underdogs. Pulling for a New Orleans Kansas City Super Bowl.

I thought it might, last week sure looked like it, taking Edelman over Michel (Sony was my target last week) will probably cost me.

Guessing SH's keepers won't be too hard. (W²?)

Mine will be a little tougher but not much.

Guessing SH's keepers won't be too hard. (W²?)

Mine will be a little tougher but not much.
James White, Robert Woods, CJ Anderson, Higbee and the Patriots Defense. Lots of options for me.

@-OZ- why would anyone use those awful dashes? Goff, Burkhead, Edelman, Cooks, Everett, Gronk, Z-Leg and Rams Defense. Even more options.

This week, the draft will take minutes instead of days, so what do you see as the schedule? Next Tuesday, declare keepers and draft slot, then draft on Wednesday, January 30th or would you prefer a Thursday draft to celebrate my birthday?

James White, Robert Woods, CJ Anderson, Higbee and the Patriots Defense. Lots of options for me.

@-OZ- why would anyone use those awful dashes? Goff, Burkhead, Edelman, Cooks, Everett, Gronk, Z-Leg and Rams Defense. Even more options.

This week, the draft will take minutes instead of days, so what do you see as the schedule? Next Tuesday, declare keepers and draft slot, then draft on Wednesday, January 30th or would you prefer a Thursday draft to celebrate my birthday?
Yeah...you should keep Higbee and the Pats D.

:lol:  when I named myself we had to use 3 or 4 letters, tagging wasn't a thing. 

I'm good with doing this next week, if you want to draft on your birthday that works for me. 

I'm pretty sure I'm not keeping Goff, everett, a kicker or defense.  The choice really just comes down to whether I really want two Patriots (probably yes). 

Just posting to rag a bit on @-OZ-. What do you figure the advantage is to select draft position for the Super Bowl? You do you think will win the game? I think that your immediate assessment will wind up being correct as I am strongly considering keeping White Woods. That sounds like an odd fantasy team name, eh?

According to MT, our two keepers look to be evenly projected. What will David Dodds say?

Just posting to rag a bit on @-OZ-. What do you figure the advantage is to select draft position for the Super Bowl? You do you think will win the game? I think that your immediate assessment will wind up being correct as I am strongly considering keeping White Woods. That sounds like an odd fantasy team name, eh?

According to MT, our two keepers look to be evenly projected. What will David Dodds say?
I have no idea! 

Honestly I might just flip a coin, 1 vs 2. 

Do you want to kick this off next Wednesday?  Won't take more than an hour if we're available.

I'm pretty sure I'm keeping Edelman and Gronk. 

I have no idea! 

Honestly I might just flip a coin, 1 vs 2. 

Do you want to kick this off next Wednesday?  Won't take more than an hour if we're available.

I'm pretty sure I'm keeping Edelman and Gronk. 
See you on Wednesday!

The advantage is knowing where the tier falls off.  The problem is that Gurley is a huge question mark.  The winner will be the guy who picks the right Pat WR and correct between Reynolds and Cooks.

Can't see Higbee or Everett tempting Oz to double up so SH can make that his last pick.  Should give him choice of QB OR first shot at both D and K.  You have two decent RB and and 3 WR options on both teams left.  Flexes will be Bulkhead and Patterson (or maybe Rams 2nd TE).  

Users who are viewing this thread