What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 (18 season) FBG Playoff League (1 Viewer)

Guys, I have some things that have come up in my life that I need to handle. I won't be able to participate in this draft. Please find a replacement for me. My apologies. 
Hope everything is alright. Thanks for letting us know. 

Gurley at 3, I'll take it.
Bass makes a solid move. Choosing second, he slides down to the third spot and gets what seems to be one of the top candidates for top producer this weekend.

Taking Tyreek Hill is a great first step for me, putting me in position to get the KC QB/WR Stack of Mahomes and Hill. Yet I was kind of hoping to be able to draft Michael Thomas even though he has not been targeted the second half of the season near like he was early on.

Bass makes a solid move. Choosing second, he slides down to the third spot and gets what seems to be one of the top candidates for top producer this weekend.

Taking Tyreek Hill is a great first step for me, putting me in position to get the KC QB/WR Stack of Mahomes and Hill. Yet I was kind of hoping to be able to draft Michael Thomas even though he has not been targeted the second half of the season near like he was early on.
Odds of Mahommes falling past Ref are worst than the odds of me being the Super Bowl MVP next year.

Gurley at 3, I'll take it.
So far this is going exactly as expected. 

I saw Kelce, kamara, Gurley and Thomas as roughly equal. Then I have a few in the next tier. I thought the 3 and 4 slots were ideal for what I think will be at the turnaround. 

Can't argue against Hill, he could go big.

. Yet I was kind of hoping to be able to draft Michael Thomas even though he has not been targeted the second half of the season near like he was early on.
I see Thomas as the safer play than Hill, and with our current scores I need the safer points.

Thomas only has double digit receptions in 2 of his last 4 games, including Carolina which might as well have been a day off.

That worked well IMO, was not expecting Edelman to drop.  But that's because I originally thought we'd wait on QB. 

Mack, Marlon IND RB

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Gallup, Michael DAL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

I'll take it for now. 

@BassNBrewotc

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies, but I am working and about to leave to go take my wife for some oral surgery. Will not be able to check on this again until around 2:00 CST - will try to pre-draft my next pick, but will have to delay things until later following that pre-draft - if it is successful

Apologies, but I am working and about to leave to go take my wife for some oral surgery. Will not be able to check on this again until around 2:00 CST - will try to pre-draft my next pick, but will have to delay things until later following that pre-draft - if it is successful
Good luck! 

QB run! ;)

Wasn't really planning on it but had to take Luck here. If I'm lucky, the chiefs / colts will be high scoring (seems likely). Doubt I'd keep him next week if I make it, but there isn't anyone here I'd really want to keep. I already wasn't as smart this week as last, as it's entirely possible I have no keepers next week so far. 

Apologies, but the wife is still in surgery. I was too optimistic on time frame. It will likely be another couple of hours at least.

appreciate the patience!

Ugh. 

Definitely feel like I'm going to regret punting on two positions. But rb2 and te will be complete dart throws. 

Kind of like the rest of these guys, if Watkins actually plays.

Luck, Andrew IND QB

Mack, Marlon IND RB

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Gallup, Michael DAL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

Watkins, Sammy KCC WR

Butker, Harrison KCC PK

Patriots, New England NEP Def

QB - Foles or Prescott: After Mahommes, it really didn't matter.  Both should be playing from behind and in higher scoring games.  I personally favor either of these two over some of the options taken earlier.

RB - Gordon (keeper), Gurley, Michel: In hindsight Gordon wasn't as good of a keeper option as I expected when drafting him a week ago.  Gurley was who I was expecting at 3 but would have been fine with Kamara.  In hindsight I may have taken the 4th spot as Edelman was the steal of the draft.  I really expected Ingram to be there at 2.6 for me.  I hate locking up my flex early, but RBs are at a premium and I felt good about WRs later.

WR - Beasley (keeper), Hogan, Rogers: Obviously my weakness.  Kept Beasley but I'm not sure he's any better than a 6.6 I gave up for him.  Only reason I kept him was because I expect a high scoring game v. LAR.

TE - Everett - Never expected him to last to 4.6.  Now I won't be upset if he poaches a Gurley TD.

K - Gostkowski - My highest ranked kicker.

D - KC Chiefs - Seemed like a good idea at the time.  Having second thoughts now.

Played it safe this draft.  Two of four teams would need to outscore me by 50 points not to advance.  

If I do advance, keepers are looking pretty good.  I'll have either Gordon or Michel/Hogan and Gurley or Beasley.

QB - Foles or Prescott: After Mahommes, it really didn't matter.  Both should be playing from behind and in higher scoring games.  I personally favor either of these two over some of the options taken earlier. I'm giving you Prescott, primarily because I just don't like the Cowboys and also because I somehow went all in on the Eagles.

RB - Gordon (keeper), Gurley, Michel: In hindsight Gordon wasn't as good of a keeper option as I expected when drafting him a week ago.  Gurley was who I was expecting at 3 but would have been fine with Kamara.  In hindsight I may have taken the 4th spot as Edelman was the steal of the draft.  I really expected Ingram to be there at 2.6 for me.  I hate locking up my flex early, but RBs are at a premium and I felt good about WRs later.

WR - Beasley (keeper), Hogan, Rogers: Obviously my weakness.  Kept Beasley but I'm not sure he's any better than a 6.6 I gave up for him.  Only reason I kept him was because I expect a high scoring game v. LAR.

TE - Everett - Never expected him to last to 4.6.  Now I won't be upset if he poaches a Gurley TD.

K - Gostkowski - My highest ranked kicker.

D - KC Chiefs - Seemed like a good idea at the time.  Having second thoughts now.

Played it safe this draft.  Two of four teams would need to outscore me by 50 points not to advance.  

If I do advance, keepers are looking pretty good.  I'll have either Gordon or Michel/Hogan and Gurley or Beasley.
Good luck Bass!

Although I still have two picks to make, they have been made already because of how this thing played out. I definitely made mistakes this week and am extremely exposed regarding keepers going forward. I totally forgot that the scores were wiped away after this week initially. They really did not think through the keeper angle as picks were made. Yesterday was a really difficult day with my wife and fortunately I was much more focused on her than on this draft.

QB - Foles will be my choice. I just don't think that the Eagles will be able to run on the Saints, so they will have to pass to survive. I do believe that the Saints secondary is their only weak spot on defense. Apple has not been good, so I am hoping that Pederson will have a plan that allows Foles to feast on him. The Saints also occasionally get lost on deep routes and there is a chance there as well. I do not regret waiting on quarterback at all and am happy to have Foles on the roster.

RB - Damian Williams has been somewhat effective for the Chiefs since the Hunt fiasco and the weather may be suitable to many short passes that give Williams, Kelce and Tyreek Hill opportunities to make big runs after the catch. I wish that Smallwood was not my second running back. I probably should have taken another on earlier and I wound up with so many Eagles. He has to be involved in the passing game to be worth much at all.

WR - Golden Tate was my keeper out of necessity so I wanted to get a top wide receiver early. Was hoping that Michael Thomas would drop because I love watching him play. Tyreek Hill was easily my choice of what remained. Agholor is a hope and a prayer that he might be that guy that Foles hits deep or several short rub routes on crossers. C. Patterson was just the best opportunity that I saw late in the draft.

TE - Ertz - So thankful that Parkey struck the upright and cross bar and came up short so that Ertz advanced.

K - Zuerlien - Wanted to get a good kicker that was playing in decent weather. There were not many of them this week and I got one.

D - Eagles - do you see the pattern here? I am a Saints fan so it was just plain crazy that I drafted so many Eagles. I will copy Bass here in that when I made most early picks, it "Seemed like a good idea at the time.  Having second thoughts now", not the defense because I only chose the Eagles over the Colts, but so many Eagles???

Played it pretty badly this week. I feel reasonable good at the players taken to help me survive and that is definitely the first goal. But going forward, I must have the Chiefs win and I heard something about them not winning a home since the early 90s. Weather could be a factor there as it is supposed to be lowers 30s and rain or snow. Indianapolis also has bad weather but they are a dome team.

Good luck to everyone and please let the Chiefs win!

Strategy? I guess if I had one it would have been:

Take as many Saints in the Dome with home field as possible.

Brees

Kamara

J. Adams 

J. Develin

Jeffery

Reynolds

Ebron

Watson

Lutz

LAC Def

Good luck to everyone and please let the Chiefs win!
I'm cheering pretty strongly for the colts. My sister lives in Indy and they're playing the best ball right now. 

OZ

Luck, Andrew IND QB

I think he has the best game this week, but really it could be a shoot out.

Mack, Marlon IND RB

Smith, Rod DAL RB

I like the Mack/luck combo as it seems likely one has a big game, or both.  I really should have taken a RB earlier but never saw the value

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Gallup, Michael DAL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR 

Watkins, Sammy KCC WR

The top 3 are a definite strength. If Watkins plays enough I think he'll help, if not hopefully I survive and will keep either Mack or Watkins

Schultz, Dalton DAL TE  yuck

Butker, Harrison KCC PK should be a high scorer

Patriots, New England NEP Def  defenses are a lottery pick, so I should have taken RB or te instead.

Really like my top 5 players but then I went off the rails. 

Last week scores carried forward and projections:

Reaper scored 158.8 points - Reaper will advance
Bassnbrew scored 134.45 points - It would take a disaster score and bad luck for Bass to not advance
OZ scored 110.05 points - OZ is a bit dicey, but should advance
Bronco freak scored 83.95 points - the next four are all seeking to finish in 4th place
Stephen Holloway scored 81.7 points  - ditto seeking 4th place
Bro1ncos scored 80.5 points  - ditto seeking 4th place
Stinky ref scored 77.2 points   - ditto seeking 4th place
Crippler scored 42.7 points - It will take a Divisional Round Miracle for Crippler to make it

If the Saints roll as expected, Bronco freak joins the top three advancing

.... but these games do not always play out as expected

I'm cheering pretty strongly for the colts. My sister lives in Indy and they're playing the best ball right now. 

OZ

Luck, Andrew IND QB

I think he has the best game this week, but really it could be a shoot out.

Mack, Marlon IND RB

Smith, Rod DAL RB

I like the Mack/luck combo as it seems likely one has a big game, or both.  I really should have taken a RB earlier but never saw the value

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Gallup, Michael DAL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR 

Watkins, Sammy KCC WR

Thomas and Edelman are the strength. If Watkins plays at all, you hope that he'll help, if not hopefully I survive and will keep either Mack or Watkins???

Schultz, Dalton DAL TE  yuck

Butker, Harrison KCC PK should be a high scorer - forecast is for low to mid 30s with rain/snow

Patriots, New England NEP Def  defenses are a lottery pick, so I should have taken RB or te instead.

Really like my top 5 players but then I went off the rails. 

Strategy? I guess if I had one it would have been:

Take as many Saints in the Dome with home field as possible.

Brees

Kamara

J. Adams 

J. Develin

Jeffery

Reynolds

Ebron

Watson

Lutz

LAC Def
As a Saints fan, it seems that would have been my strategy also. It is also the reason I think that you advance. Good luck!

I had zero strategy in this thing other than taking Luck in week one....which I then failed to follow through with and implement....how do you like that ####....?...almost asked Mr. I to take over my team this week as super busy......but

Mahomes: dumbest pick ever but I don't really give a ####....kind of in honey badger mode...just wanted some extra reason to cheer and get stupid drunk tomorrow by about 2:00....

Ware/Burkhead/Anderson: banking on the backups having a roll....Ware could come back and get 20 touches or zero....Burkhead will get a handful and maybe I chase a TD here....CJA should get a couple series or at least a few opps...maybe LAR get a lead and have CJA run out the clock resting a dinged Gurley....chasing a vulture TD maybe....

Cooper/MWilliams/Woods....first two were keepers...this group almost included Edelman at the first turn as a flex and trying to hose the rest of you on scarcity...but that meant no Mahomes and that #### wasn't happening....

Goedert.....he caught a TD last week and has a pulse.....chase....chase.....chase....

Badgely.....nothing like chasing more points

IND.....I hope they score negative points for me this week...

:banned:

:suds:

good luck to the 4 that advance.....

Reaper scored 158.8 points
Bassnbrew scored 134.45 points
OZ scored 110.05 points
Bronco freak scored 83.95 points
Stephen Holloway scored 81.7 points
Bro1ncos scored 80.5 points
Stinky ref scored 77.2 points
Crippler scored 42.7 points
Obviously the games could go any way today but as of now:

Basically in:

Reaper scored 49.9 points + 158.8 (208.7) + Rivers, ekeler, ginn, Tyrell Williams, Gates

Bassnbrew scored 66.9 points + 134.45 (201.35) + Gordon, Michel, Hogan, gostkowski

Bubble teams:

Stinky ref scored 94.3 points + 77.2 (171.5) + Burkhead, Mike Williams, goeddert, Bagley

OZ scored 63.35 points + 110.05 (173.4)  + Edelman, Thomas, pats D

Stephen Holloway scored 63.2 points + 81.7 (144.9) + foles, Smallwood, agholor, Patterson, Tate, ertz, eagles d

Duckboy scored 27.5 points + 80.5 (108) + Ingram, sproles, Benjamin, Kirkwood, t Smith, gronk, Elliot

Bronco freak scored 18.9 points + 83.95 (102.85) + Brees, Adams, develin, Kamara, Watson, Lutz, chargers d, 

Needs a miracle:

Crippler scored 15.4 points + 42.7 (58.1) + Brady, Allen, white, Dorset, Hunter, saints d

Hard to say, but I think the 4th team comes down to the eagles performing for SH. If they do I think he gets in over me. Anything Thomas gets helps Brees, so I get to cheer for Edelman to have a big game. Go pats! :yucky:

-OZ- said:
Hard to say, but I think the 4th team comes down to the eagles performing for SH. If they do I think he gets in over me. Anything Thomas gets helps Brees, so I get to cheer for Edelman to have a big game. Go pats! :yucky:
Looks likes I was right about SH being the 4th team.   Unofficially, it's reaper, bassnbrew, oz, Holloway. 

Suggest a similar schedule for this week. With only four teams, the draft could be completed in a single day and the only games are on Sunday. So, plenty of time.

Wednesday - declare keepers and select draft slot

Thursday - begin draft

Congrats to @Reaper @BassNBrew & I can't get OZ to highlight!

Suggest a similar schedule for this week. With only four teams, the draft could be completed in a single day and the only games are on Sunday. So, plenty of time.

Wednesday - declare keepers and select draft slot

Thursday - begin draft

Congrats to @Reaper @BassNBrew & I can't get OZ to highlight!
Try @-OZ- 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after figuring out the survivors, the order should be based on only last week's scores: 

Reaper scored 135.25 points
OZ scored 129.25 points
Bassnbrew scored 124.6 points
Stephen Holloway scored 116.05 points

I honestly don't know that it matters too much. My keepers are really easy (Thomas, Edelman). 

Try @-OZ- 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after figuring out the survivors, the order should be based on only last week's scores: 

Reaper scored 135.25 points
OZ scored 129.25 points
Bassnbrew scored 124.6 points
Stephen Holloway scored 116.05 points

I honestly don't know that it matters too much. My keepers are really easy (Thomas, Edelman). 
I do not know the answer here and I am 4th regardless. @BassNBrew which score determines the draft pick selection order, the cumulative two weeks or just last week's games?

I do not know the answer here and I am 4th regardless. @BassNBrew which score determines the draft pick selection order, the cumulative two weeks or just last week's games?
LOL...We've had this argument in the past.

From the original rules...Draft would be serpentine. WC weekend all draft spots would be picked randomly, but after that, teams would choose which spot they want - that order would be based on the prior week's scoring (so the high scorer would choose their slot first, etc.).

Oz is correct.

1. Reaper, kelce and Ginn

2. ?

3. Oz - Thomas, Edelman

4. ?

SH - Williams and Hill

Bass - gostkowski and chiefs defense? 

Users who are viewing this thread