What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 FBG Playoff League - Super Bowl! (1 Viewer)

Congrats to the final four.  Frustrating as the only way for me to advance would have been to take Dez over Matt Ryan and hope that didn't impact getting Lewis and Monty like I did.

Btw- my comment isn't meant to imply I think you're making bad choices, just I expected cook or Monty to be my pick at 3.

Breaking the seal 

2.02 Aaron Rodgers 

@Crippler
Very interesting how this goes. Amazed he was not kept but I understand. 4 pretty nice looking abs but this would be my top guy this week for sure. I thought we might go a few more rounds till someone broke. Wrong again

Very interesting how this goes. Amazed he was not kept but I understand. 4 pretty nice looking abs but this would be my top guy this week for sure. I thought we might go a few more rounds till someone broke. Wrong again
I thought about taking Benett but I think the difference between Rodgers, playing a somewhat weak defense and needing to perform, and the rest, will be significant this week. 

Congrats to you guys still playing. Scanning quickly through the draft seems so strange Ryan and Brady going after Sanu, Jordy who might not play and James White. Then the whole Brady and PK turn. I get it, but wow!

Good luck to all. As an aside, how are any of y'all doing in the Playoff Contest. I went all in on Packers and Steelers and definitely forgot the vast majority of spread out the roster philosophy so was easily eliminated this week in that contest and here. At least there are awesome games to watch. I do not see a bad Super Bowl match-up but would love to watch Green Bay - Pitt.

Congrats to you guys still playing. Scanning quickly through the draft seems so strange Ryan and Brady going after Sanu, Jordy who might not play and James White. Then the whole Brady and PK turn. I get it, but wow!

Good luck to all. As an aside, how are any of y'all doing in the Playoff Contest. I went all in on Packers and Steelers and definitely forgot the vast majority of spread out the roster philosophy so was easily eliminated this week in that contest and here. At least there are awesome games to watch. I do not see a bad Super Bowl match-up but would love to watch Green Bay - Pitt.
I also went Pitt and go but only had 9 players and spread others through. Pitt did me in last weekend and missed by 10 pts. Did not have Bell, brown or Boswell. 

The QB dropping had to do with no bad choice but flex could get ugly. I love dc getting Big Ben in 10th. Will Rodgers and hooper outdo Brady and Blount. How about Rodgers and hardy vs Big Ben and Cobb. Think nice advantage on QB waiting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I also went Pitt and go but only had 9 players and spread others through. Pitt did me in last weekend and missed by 10 pts. Did not have Bell, brown or Boswell. 

The QB dropping had to do with no bad choice but flex could get ugly. I love dc getting Big Ben in 10th. Will Rodgers and hooper outdo Brady and Blount. How about Rodgers and hardy vs Big Ben and Cobb. Think nice advantage on QB waiting. 
I think that's where we differ. Ben is unlikely to have a big game in new England imo, while Rodgers and Ryan should do very well.  No telling for sure of course, but I didn't want to have the 4th best qb playing the top defense.

I think that's where we differ. Ben is unlikely to have a big game in new England imo, while Rodgers and Ryan should do very well.  No telling for sure of course, but I didn't want to have the 4th best qb playing the top defense.
Not entirely sure you can consider NE the top defense.  They built their ranking playing the worst offensive teams in the NFL.  Things change this week.  Pitt. has a higher ranked defense under some metrics.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

But the 4th best QB allowed you the way better position player. In first round of draft, it is amazing that 3 teams chose players over QB.  2 of them are in finals and the other just missed. Last 2 took Rodgers and Eli. My team only suffering has been having 2 players drafted not play. Bell and osweiler was top scoring 1st and last player drafted duo. Des and osw in week 2 was probably best combo for DC. 

In with that in mind we ne we go back to the unsure well

10.3 Malcolm Mitchell 

Interesting draft overall

QB Ryan. I expect this game to be higher scoring with perfect weather

RB. Bell, Ripkowski. Not sure if best but Bell is huge over the field. Need TD from Rip. Was going White but missed by one

WR. Jones, Rogers, Mitchell. Best wr plus Hope Rogers finally does something. Mitchell plays and I think I go on for fun. Not and will be rat race. Not best core but not worst either

TE. Cook, Bennett. Best core. Got top 2 guys this week in league where extra pt per reception. Hope this is the part that helps if no Mitchell

pitt d, Crosby. I don't think any d does well but let's hope for sacks and turnover. This will be lower scoring game. Crosby with better leg than Bryant. I really did not care who I got but did choose in end. Any 4 could be best this week

think we got some interesting teams this week with great QBs, some nice Rb but lack of depth, overall good wr, lack of te presence with no superstar and d and Pk where who knows who will be best. Should be higher scoring than last year

RB. Bell, Ripkowski. Not sure if best but Bell is huge over the field. 

WR. Jones, Rogers, Mitchell. Best wr...
Agreed with the rest, this week should be interesting.  But bell is by far the best running back, while Julio imo anyway, is 2nd to Antonio.  

I think you and dc have an advantage to start.  Bell and brown are the two best players (non-qb) in these playoffs. The advantage you two have by picking early  (and well) is large.  Your worst case is your injured guys don't play and your TE don't perform.  Cook has turned it on lately but he's been inconsistent throughout his career (I expected a lot when he was a titan).  Even if those happen, Ryan, Bell and Julio could get you to the next round by themselves.  None of the rest of us have quite that level of explosive potential (although Ben and brown could be huge if things break right). 

I wouldn't change much about my team right now but I'd say my chances to go on are well under 50%

Looking good today

if  go on, I will have to have draft done by tomorrow or will need help, I am away with my child for 4 days at a camp

But the 4th best QB allowed you the way better position player. In first round of draft, it is amazing that 3 teams chose players over QB.  2 of them are in finals and the other just missed. Last 2 took Rodgers and Eli. My team only suffering has been having 2 players drafted not play. Bell and osweiler was top scoring 1st and last player drafted duo. Des and osw in week 2 was probably best combo for DC. 

In with that in mind we ne we go back to the unsure well

10.3 Malcolm Mitchell 
Rodgers did alright but probably wasn't a good pick. 

That Hogan guy kinda makes up for it. 

Crippler said:
Looking good today

if  go on, I will have to have draft done by tomorrow or will need help, I am away with my child for 4 days at a camp
:hifive:

Go ahead and select your keepers and slot.  We could wait until you return.  We have time. 

Okay

keeping Julio and martelius Bennett. Taking spot 1
That gives me 2. 

I'll keep the Mans -  Freeman and Edelman

Feel free to start whenever.  I'll be out for a bit this morning with work but should check in fairly often after 10c.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread