What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017-2018 Battle for Shining Path's Cup Year 8 (1 Viewer)

Wow has this gotten interesting!

In the Tremendous Upside region, there are two teams at 9-3 and one at 8-4 but because of the "next highest scoring team" rule any one of those three could possibly be left out because a 6-6 team could squeak in. In fact, only 15 total points separates the teams 1 through 4.

It's just as weird in the Gandalas region where a 3-9 team could make the playoffs because he currently has 85 more total points than the current third place team.

Hang on to your butts (but not someone else's)!
:hey:  

If you were paying attention you know that this league Made Fantasy Football Great Again!

In the Gandalas region, the Unfrozen Cavemen outscored the Iowa Cowboys by SIX total points to claim the Wildcard spot!

In the Tremendous Upside region, the Odible Owlets outscored Yankee Football by 9 points...but that's not the crazy part.

In the final week, Buddy's Balls won by ONE point to end up with a better record than Yankee by one game. Had he not won that game outright, mayhem may have ensued as BB only outscored Yankee by TWO points on the season.

The Odible Owlets endured a string of tough matchups - he had 1336 points scored against which is a whopping 145 more than the next guy in his region.

And I somehow ended up with the best record in the league after losing OBJ in week 2. 

So the playoffs are thus...

Byes - Code Reds (8-5), Rock Hammers (10-3)

Gandalas - Red Skinned Natives (7-6) vs Unfrozen Cavemen (3-10)

Tremendous Upside - Buddy's Balls (10-3) vs Odible Owlets (6-7)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it!  In the playoffs at 3-10!  If I win this thing Andy is officially commissioner of the year! 

I remember a few years ago missing the playoffs with a good record because of the points rule. It was disappointing sure, but that one rule makes this league fun for all for the entire year. 

Short of being a true Best Ball league, I think it's the best thing going.

Yankee23Fan said:
#FAKENEWS
https://goo.gl/images/MCCvgY

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread