What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 New York Jets: Kotite-like (1 Viewer)

This regime really knows how to control leaks. Shocking but great news. Guy is dominant and now he gets to stick around.

Does extending Mo signal the end of Richardson here long term?
With the cap increasing each season, not necessarily - but if Williams keeps looking like the top 5 pick he was, and Wilkerson continues to dominate, Richardson's expected cap hit may not be worth it.

Yeah, can't imagine they can pay all 3. If Williams makes a jump this year, I'd be more than ok with them trading Richardson before they lose him.

Obviously he's a very talented guy, but I don't trust him off the field long term. The idea that they would pick him over Mo (who is a model citizen) was a joke. If there is a talent gap between them (still not convinced Richardson is the better talent) it was never big enough to justify the character risk that Richardson brings.

Hopefully he balls out this year and keeps his nose clean so they Jets can get some value for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
sheerterror said:
Does extending Mo signal the end of Richardson here long term?
I think so. His off-the-field nonsense, even if he doesn't do anything remotely wrong again, will probably cause the Jets to spend money elsewhere. I guess injuries to Wilkerson and/or Williams could change things, though.

Yeah, can't imagine they can pay all 3. If Williams makes a jump this year, I'd be more than ok with them trading Richardson before they lose him.

Obviously he's a very talented guy, but I don't trust him off the field long term. The idea that they would pick him over Mo (who is a model citizen) was a joke. If there is a talent gap between them (still not convinced Richardson is the better talent) it was never big enough to justify the character risk that Richardson brings.

Hopefully he balls out this year and keeps his nose clean so they Jets can get some value for him.
Totally agree. I love Richardsons talent but no denying he's a big risk off the field

So its done. Whatever. He's not good enough to get them where they want to be. But to be fair, the rest of the roster probably isn't isn't either. Even if Fitz plays like he did last year, I think they're like 2 players short of being a legit threat.

Barring something unforeseen, this is a 9-7 type of team.

I'm actually more happy about them getting Lee signed before camp started. Hate to see a rookie 1st rounder fall behind.

TLEF316 said:
So its done. Whatever. He's not good enough to get them where they want to be. But to be fair, the rest of the roster probably isn't isn't either. Even if Fitz plays like he did last year, I think they're like 2 players short of being a legit threat.
They're a slot receiver and linebacker short of it. Fitz will do fine if he can throw the ball a little more accurate on deep routes.

The Lee signing is also big, though I'd have to check the numbers. GangGreen had him estimated at a fourth year for 1.85 or so.  

They're a slot receiver and linebacker short of it. Fitz will do fine if he can throw the ball a little more accurate on deep routes.

The Lee signing is also big, though I'd have to check the numbers. GangGreen had him estimated at a fourth year for 1.85 or so.  

Yes, these seem like the likely positions of need.  Hopefully Mauldin continues to develop and the 2 guys they just drafted develop into quality starters. Then they'll just have to find a Harris replacement for next year/.

So great to wake up this morning knowing Fitzy is back.
Wheels up and time to fly high guys, lets jump out to a quick start.

Lotta players put their Ballz on the line for this guy so, you have to be happy for them. 

I hope They're right.

Let's Roll.....

I have somewhat mixed emotions but for the most part I'm happy to welcome Fitzpatrick back. I look at it this way, with the way the teams is built and coming off a 10-6 season, there would always be regrets if Geno cam out and looked like Geno and sank the season. I'm not sure he would have done so though and may have surprised us all.

The schedule is very difficult on paper, but it's not like any of those teams are happy to see the Jets on their schedule either. This is a pretty complete team. It's far from perfect, but few teams are. We have a solid offense line (if Clady stays healthy), an experienced QB, one of the better WR duos in the league and a stable of very good running backs. The defense will be tremendous if Maudlin steps up as a pass rusher and Revis holds on for another season. I'm excited to see what they do with Daron Lee. At the very least the defense should keep the team in most games and the offense has potential to be explosive if we get a little more Fitzmagic. I do enjoy watching that guy leave everything on the field for this team.

Let's hope for good health and a decent start to the season, because if they can survive the first half of that schedule, they should push for a playoff slot.

Now that Fitz is here, I'm pretty optimistic. The team is clearly very competitive on paper, and truthfully, that's all you get in today's NFL. Stay as healthy as possible, establish an identity early (massively good D line this year?), win the games you should, maybe win another game or two you might have lost in other years because the ball bounced a little differently this time, start peaking around playoff time, and make the tournament - hopefully with authority (and a home game or two.)

Can all that happen? Sure it can. I don't think 11-5 and perhaps even a division title are a huge stretch. The schedule is tough, but like DR. O just said, nobody is happy to see the Jets either - they should be able to play with anyone. I'm about as optimistic as I was coming off Rex's first AFC title game. 

TLEF316 said:

Barring something unforeseen, this is a 9-7 type of team.

I'm actually more happy about them getting Lee signed before camp started. Hate to see a rookie 1st rounder fall behind.
You are more optimistic than me. 

There is a lot of outrage and jumping to conclusions by non-Jets fans on the internet about Hackenberg not having played in the first two preseason games. 

The Jets signed Jalin Marshall from Ohio State. He was thought to be 3rd or 4th round material before the draft.
I cannot believe this fellow was not drafted. Barring an injury, he seems to be a lock to make the team. He is the best undrafted receiver with the Jets since Wayne Chrebet.

I cannot believe this fellow was not drafted. Barring an injury, he seems to be a lock to make the team. He is the best undrafted receiver with the Jets since Wayne Chrebet.
Marshall, Peake, and Anderson are great depth.  Let's see if Smith can develop into anything once he gets healthy. 

Really sucks to see them cut 2 early draft picks, but it was probably the right move. Milner is simply made of glass and its not like he was lights out when he played (horrible tackler). The Amaro moves sort of feels like we're giving up a little too early, but its tough to justify a TE who won't block and can't catch (how in the world did he catch that many balls in college? Did they throw it to him 200 times?) just because he was an early draft pick. I would have kept him, as its not like they had any better options.

QB- Pretty much played out as expected. The injury to Petty sort of forced their hand to keep Geno. Simply can't risk being 1 hit away from Hackenberg getting on the field. He brings a whole new definition to the word project. Kid should be able to sue James Franklin for lost wages.  Gotta think he regrets being loyal and sticking with PSU after the sanctions (and not transferring after O'Brien left)  Franklin's coaching and that neutered roster gave him some horrible habits

RB- Should be a good group. Forte looked fine in limited action and Powell and Robinson should be solid in their respective limited roles

WR- Awesome to see the young guys playing well in the pre-season. Should be a deep and pretty dynamic group. Glad they went with Peake and Jalin Marshall over Thompkins and Ross. Anderson's pre-season feels like a flash in the pan to me, but they obviously had to keep him. Pressure is on Devin Smith when he comes back or he could be yet another wasted 2nd rounder.

TE- Just a total disaster.

OL- Giacomini starting on PUP is a blessing in disguise unless whoever starts in his place is just a straight up turnstile. Hard to trust Winters until he proves it over an entire season, but I feel relatively ok about this group.

DL- Obviously love this group. The reports on Williams have been glowing and they've got depth. Only losing Richardson for 1 game for the suspension was big.

LB- Both the rookies showed some good things in the pre-season. Would have liked to see a little more from Mauldin, but I still think he's going to play well this year. He's gonna have the benefit of drawing very little attention (due to the DL) so he'll just have to finish plays.

CB- Totally ok with cutting Milner. Burris had some not so great moments this pre-season but he's got potential. 

S- No surprises here. Hope Middleton makes it through to the practice squad.

Feeling more confident than I was a month ago. The D is just so good that they're gonna be in every game. We also caught some additional breaks with the schedule due to Cincy's injury/suspension issues, the Dareus suspension for Buffalo and Justin Houston starting the year on PUP for KC.  I think this is a 10-11 win team if Fitz stays healthy and plays close to what he did last year.

Well, that wasn't good. Obviously no shame losing to Cincy, but its rough to lose because of 2 chip shot misses and Marshall dropping one that hit him in the chest. 

Obviously the 10,000 lb elephant in the room is Revis, who got absolutely humiliated today. Got absolutely torched on a long one (although, to be fair, he was expecting safety help) had a few other balls caught when he was in tight coverage and then gave up 1/2 a dozen short catches (several of which ended with him missing on a tackle). Obviously Green is tremendous, but he wont' get to relax on Thursday night, when Watkins (who killed him last year) is on the other side. If Revis is no longer an elite corner, that defensive backfield looks pretty bad all of a sudden.

Poor coaching job by Bowles. Cincy just killed them with those little short passes the entire 2nd half and they did nothing to stop it. If the D-line didn't get a sack, Cincy completed a pass.  Don't blame him for kicking the FG at the end. You can't give up the opportunity to take the lead when you have what is supposed to be an elite defense to hold onto it.

Dont blame Fitz for this one. He had a few tipped but overall I thought he was fine. That last INT was just a great/lucky play by the corner.

Liked what I saw out of Forte and the O-line. D Line was obviously monstrous and only gets better with Richardson back. McLendon was a pleasant surprise. I was just expecting your standard fat guy space eating NT but he's clearly more than that. Looks like a nice signing.

When you put your trust in Ryan Fitzpatrick this is what happens.  To think Jets fans everywhere where shouting how much they needed Fitz.  He is the biggest definition of fools gold going. This is his 12th year in the league and he has never played a playoff game. 

When you put your trust in Ryan Fitzpatrick this is what happens.  To think Jets fans everywhere where shouting how much they needed Fitz.  He is the biggest definition of fools gold going. This is his 12th year in the league and he has never played a playoff game. 
It was a disaster....and I agree Fitz is who he is.....but I have no faith that Geno would be any better....Jets only hope is Petty or Hack watch and develop this year.....at least they didnt bite on a multi yr deal so they can be rid of him if he continues to stink it up.  

It was a disaster....and I agree Fitz is who he is.....but I have no faith that Geno would be any better....Jets only hope is Petty or Hack watch and develop this year.....at least they didnt bite on a multi yr deal so they can be rid of him if he continues to stink it up.  
The play was to start Geno and see if he stinks and or maybe he has gotten better. He may have failed, but at lease there was some upside there in terms of you don't know who Geno can be.  They have drafted a couple of younger guys and perhaps it is there turn to get a look after this year.  Starting and rolling out Fitz this year was the definition of banging your head against the wall.

I personally have seen enough of Geno....he stinks. Fitz got them close to the playoffs last yr....I cant fault them for giving it another run.  Petty looked decent in preseason...if this year turns out to be a disaster you clean house of Fitz and Geno....draft a QB in the 1st rd and go with Petty/Hack and new QB.....I'm sick of building the defense.  Without a QB this team doesn't have a chance....I'm fine drafting one every freaking year until a franchise QB is found...it's that important 

The play was to start Geno and see if he stinks and or maybe he has gotten better. He may have failed, but at lease there was some upside there in terms of you don't know who Geno can be.  They have drafted a couple of younger guys and perhaps it is there turn to get a look after this year.  Starting and rolling out Fitz this year was the definition of banging your head against the wall.
No that wasn't the play.  The play was to put the QB who put you in the best position to win now on the field - and that's what Fitz was/is.  The offensive core of this team (Marshall, Decker, Forte, Mangold) are all on the wrong side of 30.  Revis and Harris are on the wrong side of 30.  The defensive line may lose one of its studs next year.  I know they have a tough schedule, but this is about as close to a "win now" roster the Jets have had in a long time.  It's foolish to think they should have been throwing Geno out there (in year 4) in hopes that he all of a sudden got it, when they were able to finalize a deal with Fitz, who was coming off a career year.  The Geno talk is completely reactionary thinking to Fitz's atrocious performance last week.  If Fitz continues to struggle - I wouldn't be against pulling him, but again, because of the aforementioned "win now" aspect of things, not because I think all of a sudden Geno is going to be a competent long term solution at QB.

you don't know who Geno can be. 
Yes we do. Don't start this crap again on coming around only after Fitz has a bad game while ignoring all his good games just because you're a Geno dynasty owner who hasn't dropped him yet.

We all know Fitz has flaws. READ THROUGH THIS THREAD if you doubt that.

ETA: And by the way THE GM AND HEAD COACH KNOW IT ALSO. That's why they played hardball on his price tag and only signed him to a one year deal. You know what they also know? Geno is not the answer. He's a stronger armed and dumber Fitzpatrick. He will never be a long term solution for any team. I was willing to give him a chance this offseason when Fitzpatrick was over-valuing himself, but I wouldn't have felt very good about it knowing he would cost them at least 4 games with his brainfarts.

(peeks in) 

Reminder - Fitz gets 5 Million NEXT year too.... for not even playing.

17 Million. 

I have a ton more to say but, the season is young and I said it all on Page 1..... 

If Fitzpatrick has any more games like the last one or if we fall out of contention for a wild card I wouldn't mind seeing what Petty has to offer. He had a pretty good preseason 

Yes we do. Don't start this crap again on coming around only after Fitz has a bad game while ignoring all his good games just because you're a Geno dynasty owner who hasn't dropped him yet.

We all know Fitz has flaws. READ THROUGH THIS THREAD if you doubt that.

ETA: And by the way THE GM AND HEAD COACH KNOW IT ALSO. That's why they played hardball on his price tag and only signed him to a one year deal. You know what they also know? Geno is not the answer. He's a stronger armed and dumber Fitzpatrick. He will never be a long term solution for any team. I was willing to give him a chance this offseason when Fitzpatrick was over-valuing himself, but I wouldn't have felt very good about it knowing he would cost them at least 4 games with his brainfarts.
You could be right Geno could stink, but Jets should have seen if he stinks less than Fitz. 

Fitz is not good and never has been. Even last year although there was some moments of good mixed in there really was a lot of not very good as has been written and discussed plenty of times.

Fitz is an above average back up qb and has fooled teams into getting starter money only to let them down. He is on his 6 th NFL team and as mentioned have never made the playoffs. He is 33 years of age and not going to suddenly become good. He is what he is.

You could be right Geno could stink, but Jets should have seen if he stinks less than Fitz. 

Fitz is not good and never has been. Even last year although there was some moments of good mixed in there really was a lot of not very good as has been written and discussed plenty of times.

Fitz is an above average back up qb and has fooled teams into getting starter money only to let them down. He is on his 6 th NFL team and as mentioned have never made the playoffs. He is 33 years of age and not going to suddenly become good. He is what he is.
He's no Brian Hartline. 

So let's ignore the troll that started a thread on how dumb the Jets were to start Ryan Fitzpatrick over Geno Smith (who he had on his dynasty team) for the 2015 season after the Week 17 game (ignoring that they finished 10-6) and now comes into this thread, not after Fitz has the best game of his career but after the worst, to start his nonsense once again. We all know Fitzpatrick is a stop gap level player, but he mostly played well last season and was our only hope this season. If he continues to play like last week, then the team can turn to Geno (what choice would they have?).

This is a huge week and the team must find a way to win. Honestly I'm not expecting Fitzpatrick to turn things back around against the Legion of Boom, but with Wilson hobbled I think they can manage to win an ugly 13-10 type of game. The defense has played outstanding (outside of allowing some big plays) even last week they kept the team in a game where the offense turned the ball over 8 times.

With Marshall and Decker hobbled, the Jets must find a way to run the ball. In fact I'd like to see at worst 60-40% type split and just keep feeding Forte and Powell.

I think this game is winnable and almost a "must win". The schedule starts getting a little easier down the road and a 3-3 start is workable. 

While I'm venting...I'm also tired of having no chance to win a division title the past 15 yrs....has there ever been a stretch like this where a team has won so many division titles for so long?  Brady and Bellichick can't retire fast enough!  

So let's ignore the troll that started a thread on how dumb the Jets were to start Ryan Fitzpatrick over Geno Smith (who he had on his dynasty team) for the 2015 season after the Week 17 game (ignoring that they finished 10-6) and now comes into this thread, not after Fitz has the best game of his career but after the worst, to start his nonsense once again. We all know Fitzpatrick is a stop gap level player, but he mostly played well last season and was our only hope this season. If he continues to play like last week, then the team can turn to Geno (what choice would they have?).

This is a huge week and the team must find a way to win. Honestly I'm not expecting Fitzpatrick to turn things back around against the Legion of Boom, but with Wilson hobbled I think they can manage to win an ugly 13-10 type of game. The defense has played outstanding (outside of allowing some big plays) even last week they kept the team in a game where the offense turned the ball over 8 times.

With Marshall and Decker hobbled, the Jets must find a way to run the ball. In fact I'd like to see at worst 60-40% type split and just keep feeding Forte and Powell.

I think this game is winnable and almost a "must win". The schedule starts getting a little easier down the road and a 3-3 start is workable. 

IMO he had great points..... There is no reason to pay 12 million this year AND 5 million next year unless you know you got a playoff caliber QB.

Fitz never made the playoffs.

IMO they caved in to Fan sentiment as well as some players who are best Buds with the guy AND THAT IS JUST A BAD BAD BAD WAY TO MANAGE A TEAM.

The tape showed decent performance Vs Bad / Non Playoff / injured teams and a lot of Jump Balls that Marshall and Decker won battles on just like they did the 1 game Vs Buffalo 2 weeks ago... Plus lots of balls defenders Dropped last year... Not so much this past Sunday.

That's what Fitz is........ One Huge Hail Mary.

That's what Fitz always was... But, I got more Popcorn... More Beer and more Whiskey...  

I pray I've been wrong... I pray ppl mock the Fitz Doubters on Monday and Sing the Fitzmagic Song all Week!!!!

IMO he had great points..... There is no reason to pay 12 million this year AND 5 million next year unless you know you got a playoff caliber QB.
I think they can get out of next year quite easily. $12MM isn't all that much to pay for a starting QB, even a weak starter.

We've been through this and I mostly agree with your assessment about last year (although I disagree about week 2, Fitz played outstanding) - he was often lucky and/or bailed out by Marshall and Fitz - but at the end of the day he did set team records and finished 10-6 (with one loss squarely on Geno). The team was built to win now, and Fitz gives them a much better chance to win than Smith does. I don't think the team brass had much choice. You mention the fact that they had to do it to keep the veterans happy as if that's such a bad thing. I think guys like Marshall, Decker and Mangold are important enough to the team that they should listen to them to some extent. They also know the game well enough to know that if they think the only chance they have to win is to bring back Fitz, it's likely the truth.

The options were limited. The money had no effect on any other moves (they still signed Wilkerson) so I'm not sure why that's important to you that he's getting paid $12MM?

Hey, I rember conv

I think they can get out of next year quite easily. $12MM isn't all that much to pay for a starting QB, even a weak starter.

We've been through this and I mostly agree with your assessment about last year (although I disagree about week 2, Fitz played outstanding) - he was often lucky and/or bailed out by Marshall and Fitz - but at the end of the day he did set team records and finished 10-6 (with one loss squarely on Geno). The team was built to win now, and Fitz gives them a much better chance to win than Smith does. I don't think the team brass had much choice. You mention the fact that they had to do it to keep the veterans happy as if that's such a bad thing. I think guys like Marshall, Decker and Mangold are important enough to the team that they should listen to them to some extent. They also know the game well enough to know that if they think the only chance they have to win is to bring back Fitz, it's likely the truth.

The options were limited. The money had no effect on any other moves (they still signed Wilkerson) so I'm not sure why that's important to you that he's getting paid $12MM?
They owe him 5 Million for next year.... Nothing to get out of.... if they want him back they have to pay more....

And no, I don't think the Patriots or most winning teams make roster decisions based on keeping Buddies together... I think last year was a mirage that clouded the judgement of a lot of ppl involved who were blinded to reality.

AND LOL.... Yeah the guy off the bench without Mangold VS a very good Raider team on the road who's offense put up 34 and was never stopped.. that game, with 0 Run game was on the backup QB as if Fitz would have stood a chance in hell.

Hey, I rember conv

They owe him 5 Million for next year.... Nothing to get out of.... if they want him back they have to pay more....

And no, I don't think the Patriots or most winning teams make roster decisions based on keeping Buddies together... I think last year was a mirage that clouded the judgement of a lot of ppl involved who were blinded to reality.

AND LOL.... Yeah the guy off the bench without Mangold VS a very good Raider team on the road who's offense put up 34 and was never stopped.. that game, with 0 Run game was on the backup QB as if Fitz would have stood a chance in hell.
Yeah, they signed Fitzpatrick because he is Nick Mangold's buddy. Get real.

A couple of season's ago, Julian Edelman was all set to sign with Houston and Brady whined and complained about losing him, and guess what? The Pats went out and offered more than they had earlier in the offseason and got him signed. It happens.

And Geno's two brainfarts at the end of that Raider game sealed the loss - admittedly "solely on Geno" was a poor choice of words on my part.

Jets were down 2 scores thanks to no D and run game, win a game like that and Hold out for 17 Million!!!

But, this shouldn't even be about Geno....  It's about Fitz being overvalued and a waste of time Vs A Cheaper alternative with any future upside. Period.

That said.... Jets are banged up But, getting Seattle in best case possible with Wilson limited. Early game with SEA traveling.

Don't turn the ball over!!! Run the ball a bit, Play some D and grab a W!!!!

Fitz greatest strength over alternatives is supposed to be Smart / Don't turn the ball over - Just do that.

Jets were down 2 scores thanks to no D and run game, win a game like that and Hold out for 17 Million!!!
[x]
7/27/2016: Signed a one-year, $12 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2017: Free Agent

I don't think they are on the hook for next season. This is the contract info per Rotoworld (Of course they may be wrong), but my understanding at the time was that it was a one year deal as well.

So if he doesn't hit those incentives it's a $12MM contract. Is that more than he's worth? Maybe, but their options were slim. Like I said it didn't cost them Wilkerson (or any other player) and it's not my money so who cares? There weren't any other real options available in free agency at QB and they still drafted a rookie QB. With Geno being a FA, it isn't like he was really a long term option anyway. And Geno looked pretty bad this preseason.

Maybe Geno would have worked out, but like I said earlier in this thread - coming off a 10-6 season and with a team built to win now, how much regret would we feel if Geno was Geno and the season was lost in the first five weeks? That could still happen of course but so far Fitz has had one very good, one excellent and one horrific performance. Hopefully he bounces back.

Jetsguys...so Decker is out for Sunday, and Marshall is nicked up some...the Decker injury would appear to me to be kind of a double-whammy, in that not only does it remove a key player from the field, but could possibly put Enunwa into a different role as well...he's kind of this hybrid WR/TE thing, and while I like what I've seen of him over the last 2 Seasons, I'm not sure he's able yet to 'create his own offense' without the support of Marshall/Decker...I'm not ready to take Robby Anderson seriously as an offensive weapon, and while that may be an oversight on my part, for this week, at least, I'll live with it...

...where am I going with this...my question for you involves Bilal Powell: under the current circumstances, it would make sense for the Jets to game-plan vs the Seahawks, emphasizing the running game and the multidimensional nature of both Forte and Powell. Significant threat drop-off from Decker to Anderson, not so much Decker to Powell. I'm NOT talking about the idea of Powell playing WR, I'm talking about putting Forte/Powell on the field at the same time and emphasizing them in the offense, running and catching passes out of the backfield. As a D-Coord, you'd be a lot more concerned about accounting for Powell than Robbie Anderson, especially because this now makes that gaping hole at TE an even bigger issue...

...is Bowles cerebral enough to put his best Players on the field and utilize an unconventional scheme to catch the Seahawks off guard, or are we just likely to see 'next man up', and Powell on the sidelines waiting to give Forte a breather?

I don't want to beat a dead horse or claim I was right but I am merely waiting for someone to validate why the Jets felt the need to resign Fitzpatrick when they had all of that evidence that this is who you were getting.  You can call if fishing and or hate, but it always seemed like the wrong play.  

I don't want to beat a dead horse or claim I was right but I am merely waiting for someone to validate why the Jets felt the need to resign Fitzpatrick when they had all of that evidence that this is who you were getting.  You can call if fishing and or hate, but it always seemed like the wrong play.  

I'm naturally a QB apologist.... I don't blame a game like this on the QB.

The D was bad... Too many WR Drops.

And SEA is just a much better team.

ETA.... The interesting dynamic to me tho is how majority of ppl do lay everything on the QB... This game reminded me of the GB loss in 2014 - Geno played a great half - Throws a INT at the 1 right before half - a Top 5 Defense holds GB to at least a FG - but, GB marches right down and the D never shows up....You don't play GB on the road or SEA and come with a bottom Defense IMO then blame then 100% hang the QB.

Back Page of The Post  "Ryan Shame - Fitz throws 3 Picks"......  People just blame the QB for many woes and that's what happened to the last guy, even tho he was a 1-2 year Project working with a lot less... 

THAT SAID, I'm the last person that changes QB's.... funny how I hear a call to change QB's from even ppl who were Pro-Fitz... not me, I understand why Fitz was brought back - Now you have to ride that into the ground - 12 Million Plus Photo Ops and Buddy's - Oh no, you don't change to a backup yet. To me these next 2 games at the least are all For "Magic"

What truly Sucks is that.. While Fitz is exactly who ppl knew Fitz was - A worthless propped up Garbage QB who got lucky last year with crap schedule and WR's playing out of their mind.... Complete waste of money... 

What truly sucks is that the Defense is NOT what anyone expected...... Team Needs a top 5 Defense to be relevant regardless of QB play. 

Yeah the d has been awful.  Part of it is obviously the players but it's pretty clear Bowles isn't making very good adjustments.  

Tom Brady wasn't available.

To answer it more seriously, there were not any better options and Geno Smith has failed every time he was given a chance (you should drop him from your dynasty roster and use the spot better). This regime did NOT want to go into the season with him under center. The team was coming off a 10-6 season, where Fitzpatrick mostly played well. If you look through this thread and the Fitzpatrick thread you'll clearly see that most of us knew there was plenty of "smoke and mirrors" last season and Fitzpatrick is flawed QB - but they have a team built to win now and he gave them the best chance based on their options.

Yesterday was not all on him. He played fairly well until the 4th Q and the last interception was in desperation time so I don't really count it as a bad play. I will say that there's now a blueprint to "stop" him, as teams know he loves those back shoulder throws to Marshall and Decker and will jump it like Sherman did on that first interception. I don't have much hope for him going forward and frankly this season is all but over. After they lose @ Pittsburgh and @ Arizona (and they will) I wouldn't mind seeing Bryce Petty get a shot to see what he can do. They will need to draft a QB next offseason as well.

I was at the game....outcoached, outplayed and outclassed in every phase of the game.  It was like watching a varsity vs JV team play each other.....even when the Jets scored before the half I never thought they would win this game.  

I knew the schedule was tough but it may be a killer....could easily see a 1-5 start and it's pretty much game over....

Identity - this team should be a defensive team but it never makes the big stop nor make a big play.....heck they rarely get turnovers....I'm tired of building the D....

Not impressed at all with coaches - not seeing adjustments as same weaknesses exploited week after week....perhaps its a lack of talent but its just ugly in so many places but TB just doesnt inspire confidence....I doubt he's fired - unless it goes really bad.....but he's officially on the hot seat.  

Don't want to get too far ahead but it's looking real bad.....if Fitz continues to be this lousy the next 2 games....then why not let Petty play....how can he be any worse?  Let's see what the kid can do....plus I'd rather really be lousy then stay with Fitz and rack up the usual 3-4 meaningless wins down the stretch to drop draft position from top 5 to teens.  

Users who are viewing this thread