What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Chicago Bears Thread (1 Viewer)

Akiem Hicks just knocked Martellus Bennett on his backside during full team drills. And Hicks is barking, letting him know about it.

Martellus Bennett and Lamarr Houston continue their rivalry. Bennett ended up on the ground with his helmet off. Both on the sideline now.

Looks like no Danny Trevathan, Zach Miller, Eddie Royal, Ka’Deem Carey, Bryce Callahan or Cornelius Washington tonight. #Bears

OL still made some mistakes but better.  Langford looked better but still mediocre.  Run defense was garbage but some a few big stops at goal line.  No pass rush.  Cutler looked good as usual.  Hoyer with interception on first pass. :lmao:

Did White do anything? Starting to get a glimpse of what the team is going to look like if a significant injury hits Cutler, Miller and AJ.

1 catch in 3 targets.  Wasn't really targeted much.  Alshon was kicking ### and Cutler kept going to him.  Not really any deep balls thrown. 

Hoyer is a miserable joke of a qb.  Time to move on from this turd. Quit wasting time on him. 
Disagree here, I didn't watch the game, just heard his first pass was a pick, but regardless, I think he's one of the better backup QB's in the league right now.  He has big game starting experience where he has had mixed results, and he's someone that should be able to take over in an emergency and run some semblance of the offence.  Claussen was a joke, that Seattle game last year was an embarrassment, and Foles isn't the answer at backup.  There are people I'd rather have, but pretty happy with Hoyer there for now.

Disagree here, I didn't watch the game, just heard his first pass was a pick, but regardless, I think he's one of the better backup QB's in the league right now.  He has big game starting experience where he has had mixed results, and he's someone that should be able to take over in an emergency and run some semblance of the offence.  Claussen was a joke, that Seattle game last year was an embarrassment, and Foles isn't the answer at backup.  There are people I'd rather have, but pretty happy with Hoyer there for now.
Have you watched any of the preseason games he's played in?  If not,  it's hard to have an accurate picture of what's going on.  He's awful.  Terrible in the pocket.  Terrible throws.  I bet he doesn't make the team. I think they played him so long to get a good sample size for him to decide if theyre going to cut him. 

I realize this is only preaseason game 3, but the Chiefs are gashing us on both sides of the ball.  0 awareness of Smith taking off and no challenging of slants.  At least we aren't giving up TDs, but FFS, get off the field, D!

O.M.G.  Let's just give their receivers a ten-yard cushion on every play.

Porter down from friendly fire; looks like he's concussed.

KC defense is putting so much pressure on Cutler he looks bad. AJ with a bad drop. Offense is everything we thought it was going to be. This unit looks lost but Langford had a few decent runs. The defense is in a bend don't break mode but KC is going straight down the field. Seeing some good things with the defense but they are being stretched and will break if the offense cannot sustain drives. Smith looks very efficient in their hurry up offense. Kelce is a beast. Ware getting a lot of work. KC STs is giving their offense good field position. Porter dinged up looks like potential knee to the helmet. Bears suffering from penalties on both sides in the first half. 

Way to not recover the fumble.  Footshooters again.  Fuq this team suqs diq.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cutler yet to throw a TD pass in the pre-season. This dress rehearsal is against a very god KC team. The KC offense just willed itself on the Bears. KC looks hungry. I like their defense in FF this year and they were chewing up the Bears OL. Keep in mind that KC was missing their star RB. Porter has a concussion. The KC offensive line battle is the difference in this game. The Bears defense kept them alive and I thought that the KC TD was turned sideways. Lesson learned, teams need both lines to dominate and have a shot. The Bears defense is almost there. They have potential thrust w the DL and a dangerous second level unit. Cutler needs a big drive or two to start the second half. Carey getting a look. 

Cutler yet to throw a TD pass in the pre-season. This dress rehearsal is against a very god KC team. The KC offense just willed itself on the Bears. KC looks hungry. I like their defense in FF this year and they were chewing up the Bears OL. Keep in mind that KC was missing their star RB. Porter has a concussion. The KC offensive line battle is the difference in this game. The Bears defense kept them alive and I thought that the KC TD was turned sideways. Lesson learned, teams need both lines to dominate and have a shot. The Bears defense is almost there. They have potential thrust w the DL and a dangerous second level unit. Cutler needs a big drive or two to start the second half. Carey getting a look. 
Most of Chiefs best defensive players didn't play.  This is just freaking pathetic.  Piece of #### team

Most of Chiefs best defensive players didn't play.  This is just freaking pathetic.  Piece of #### team
KC is a potential AFC Champ game participants. The Bears are on a 5 plus year rebuilding plan. The Gase gap is huge. This offense is lost. Cutler has no chemistry with White and Jeffery looked like the tin man out there today. They need to run the ball well to start the season to give the Chicago trio a chance to develop chemistry. Their STs sucked stink ### today. They need to think beyond Gould. That missed FG continues his dullness from 2015. No excuse. The DL played well and with heart. The linebackers as well. There is good potential there. They need to sack the QB. 

Connor Shaw by far loomed better than any bear today.  Goes down screaming with ankle injury.  Carted off.  Only the Bears.  Team is freaking cursed 

Dowell Loggains ...

Did any of us really think he could do this job?  He is a HUGE drop off from Gase. Can't even hold his jock strap.  

From one of the draft guys I follow,  who's not a Bears fan. 

The #Bucs, like every other team, will regret passing on Jonathan Bullard for two rounds. #NFL #NFLDraft #stud

I'm not too worried about the defense.  Bullard will be starting soon.  Floyd will be playing.  McPhee coming back will be huge. CBs worry me.  OL blows nuts

I'm not too worried about the defense.  Bullard will be starting soon.  Floyd will be playing.  McPhee coming back will be huge. CBs worry me.  OL blows nuts
Scratch McPhee coming back.  I freaking give up on this dude.  Will probably start season on PUP and be out at least first 6 weeks.  I guess that's why they only guaranteed only first 2 years.  If he couldn't hack it,  let him go.  So disappointing 

Marshall back to saying Cutler is one of the reasons he left.  I feel sorry for bitter #######s like Marshall.  Blames everyone else for all of his problems while never taking responsibility for anyone.  Hey Brandon,  there's a reason you are an All-Pro  receiver and on your 4th team.  It ain't because everyone has mistreated you.  Pathetic 

Scratch McPhee coming back.  I freaking give up on this dude.  Will probably start season on PUP and be out at least first 6 weeks.  I guess that's why they only guaranteed only first 2 years.  If he couldn't hack it,  let him go.  So disappointing 
Couldn't hack it?  The man is injured.  He obviously can hack it as he was by far the best defender on the team.  That's like saying Bridgewater can't hack it because he won't play at all this season.

No.  I mean that he was a part time started in Baltimore and no one knew for sure if he could handle full-time duties,  partly the reason they only guaranteed his money for only 2 years.   Bridgewater is a starting qb.  Completely different. 

The defense is better than it has been in years so I think they'll be fine.  It's the OL that worries me. 

It's not a very good team.  The lack of talent is pretty obvious compared to other teams.  Their ceiling is 8 wins.

It's not a very good team.  The lack of talent is pretty obvious compared to other teams.  Their ceiling is 8 wins.
What other teams?  Cutler is a middle of the road qb and Alshon is one of the better receivers in the league.  The DL is very good. Now with Trevethan,  Freeman,  Young and Houston at lb,  they have an above average lb core.  Pro bowl guard.  I'm not saying they're going to kick anyone's ### but I disagree they don't compare to other teams outside of teams like New England.  They're much better than last year.  A team of misfits last year won 6 games and minus a couple missed field goals and blown coverages at the end of games,  they could have easily won 2 to 3 more games.  Now they actually have some talent on D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread