What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2015 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (2 Viewers)

Record of Panthers Opponets for 2015: 113-143 Seahawks Opponets record for 2015: 128-128.
Not to throw a wet blanket on your post, as I am a Hawks fan as well, but Carolina added 15 losses to their opponents totals. Can't just discount that they are a big reason why their schedule was so "easy" on paper.

Record of Panthers Opponets for 2015: 113-143 Seahawks Opponets record for 2015: 128-128.
Not to throw a wet blanket on your post, as I am a Hawks fan as well, but Carolina added 15 losses to their opponents totals. Can't just discount that they are a big reason why their schedule was so "easy" on paper.
Hawks added 10 to theirs. His stat is significant and worth mentioning.

I would argue how significant it is, when the teams have played headed to head. Worth mentioning? Sure, but not without caveats. Their strength of schedule has absolutely no impact on this upcoming game. They are obviously both good teams, or they wouldn't be here.

I would argue how significant it is, when the teams have played headed to head. Worth mentioning? Sure, but not without caveats. Their strength of schedule has absolutely no impact on this upcoming game. They are obviously both good teams, or they wouldn't be here.
You clearly don't get it and Im not going to argue with you about it. Not worth investing that kind of time.

There is little doubt the Seahawks played a tougher schedule. However, they lost 6 games against their tougher schedule, compared to 1 loss for Carolina. And Carolina beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

I agree this overall record data is irrelevant given these facts.

However, something I expect is relevant is the fact that the Seahawks have played in 9 playoff games and won 7 of them since 2012. The Panthers have played in 3 and won just once in that same span. That is a significant edge in playoff experience for Seattle, and IMO that swings the edge in this game to Seattle.

There is little doubt the Seahawks played a tougher schedule. However, they lost 6 games against their tougher schedule, compared to 1 loss for Carolina. And Carolina beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

I agree this overall record data is irrelevant given these facts.

However, something I expect is relevant is the fact that the Seahawks have played in 9 playoff games and won 7 of them since 2012. The Panthers have played in 3 and won just once in that same span. That is a significant edge in playoff experience for Seattle, and IMO that swings the edge in this game to Seattle.
And that win was against the Cardinals with Ryan ####### Lindley at QB.

The point is 15-1 doesn't mean anything. Same could be said for two 18 year old kids that take a test and one test is third grade reading apprehension and the other test is 12th grade reading apprehension. The guy that kills the 3rd grade test doesn't really deserve the kudos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carolina should win a close game, but Seattle is tough to kill.

This is the best game of the weekend by far. WTF is it Sunday morning.

The point is 15-1 doesn't mean anything. Same could be said for two 18 year old kids that take a test and one test is third grade reading apprehension and the other test is 12th grade reading apprehension. The guy that kills the 3rd grade test doesn't really deserve the kudos.
If a student kills the test they may need to be apprehended?

They probably decided that they had to make the 2 west coast games the late games but damn do I wish that this was 8:00 game tonight. My wife and kid are out of town today and I get the 2 games that I'm least interested in watching. Arizona vs GB? :puke:

You clearly don't get it and Im not going to argue with you about it. Not worth investing that kind of time.
No, I get what you are trying to say. It just isn't very compelling.

I agree that records don't mean anything at this point.

Hoping for a good game from all involved today. Expecting a Seattle win, but not sure how the game being in Carolina will affect outcome. Seattle struggled with noise in Minnesota last week, but I have no idea how involved the Carolina crowd gets. Buddy of mine spent Christmas in New Orleans and attended the MNF game against Detroit. He said it was silent for most of the game. Nothing like the experience of an NFL game in Seattle. Maybe it's a southern thing?

Two reasons I think Seattle defense is better than the first go round this season. Wagner didn't play, and Chancellor being put early made communications shaky in the secondary. I have doubts we see a completely blown coverage again like the one that gave Carolina a gift TD to win in the fourth quarter.

My guess is the running game isn't a factor either way. If somehow one team can run the ball this could get out of hand. Otherwise I expect Wilson or Newton to win the game with their arm. Panthers have some issues in their secondary. Won't be shocked to see Kearse or Lockett burn someone other than Norman deep. NFL teams excel in picking on weak spots in secondaries.

Final thought. Right now we're seeing the end of the Manning v. Brady era. I think the future of Wilson v. Newton sounds like a winner. Regardless of outcome today these two could be locking horns many many times in the next ten years. Rules.

Hoping for a good game from all involved today. Expecting a Seattle win, but not sure how the game being in Carolina will affect outcome. Seattle struggled with noise in Minnesota last week, but I have no idea how involved the Carolina crowd gets. Buddy of mine spent Christmas in New Orleans and attended the MNF game against Detroit. He said it was silent for most of the game. Nothing like the experience of an NFL game in Seattle. Maybe it's a southern thing?Two reasons I think Seattle defense is better than the first go round this season. Wagner didn't play, and Chancellor being put early made communications shaky in the secondary. I have doubts we see a completely blown coverage again like the one that gave Carolina a gift TD to win in the fourth quarter.My guess is the running game isn't a factor either way. If somehow one team can run the ball this could get out of hand. Otherwise I expect Wilson or Newton to win the game with their arm. Panthers have some issues in their secondary. Won't be shocked to see Kearse or Lockett burn someone other than Norman deep. NFL teams excel in picking on weak spots in secondaries.Final thought. Right now we're seeing the end of the Manning v. Brady era. I think the future of Wilson v. Newton sounds like a winner. Regardless of outcome today these two could be locking horns many many times in the next ten years. Rules.
Good luck today Hawks.

proninja said:
proninja said:
BusterTBronco said:
Word on the street is the Panthers are wearing their white road jerseys at home this week. Thats a bad choice imo..... when Cam ####s himself Sunday its really going to stain.
Great call, as usual. You da man!
On the bright side, after this Buster may start rooting for the Panthers
LOL. This earned me a taunting PM from Buster.
Thought I was the only one special enough to warrant one.

Props to your team for not giving up. Look forward to many more of these important games for years to come. ITS, have an enjoyable off season.

They probably decided that they had to make the 2 west coast games the late games but damn do I wish that this was 8:00 game tonight. My wife and kid are out of town today and I get the 2 games that I'm least interested in watching. Arizona vs GB? :puke:
Bet you enjoyed that game more then you thought :P

Looking to the draft I imagine they trade out of their 1st round pick. I really hope they address the offensive line, CB, and DT. I think Lynch, Okung, Lane, Kearse, Irvin, and Sweezy will all be gone to name a few. Im a little nervous about Rawls ability to stay healthy and I think they will likely draft another RB late. The offensive line has ZERO leadership. I think the only people we see back that were starters are Britt and Gilliam. Glow will probably get his shot at RG, I think we either have Bailey at LT (god no), move Gilliam to LT, or draft a LT/RT. I also think they draft Ryan Kelly, C from Alabama. Im not sure how athletic he is but the leadership on/off the field may be something they value and miss since the departure of Unger. Im guessing early 2nd he will be there and maybe they trade out of the 1st and pick up an extra pick and grab him. I'd be happy with it.

ImTheScientist said:
Looking to the draft I imagine they trade out of their 1st round pick. I really hope they address the offensive line, CB, and DT. I think Lynch, Okung, Lane, Kearse, Irvin, and Sweezy will all be gone to name a few. Im a little nervous about Rawls ability to stay healthy and I think they will likely draft another RB late. The offensive line has ZERO leadership. I think the only people we see back that were starters are Britt and Gilliam. Glow will probably get his shot at RG, I think we either have Bailey at LT (god no), move Gilliam to LT, or draft a LT/RT. I also think they draft Ryan Kelly, C from Alabama. Im not sure how athletic he is but the leadership on/off the field may be something they value and miss since the departure of Unger. Im guessing early 2nd he will be there and maybe they trade out of the 1st and pick up an extra pick and grab him. I'd be happy with it.
That's a lot of change and turnover for the "best" team.

ImTheScientist said:
I know everyone wants to draft O-linemen but that's simply not Cable's style. He doesn't believe in most O-line coming out of college which is why we draft them late and give them a year to learn the system and be coached up. We would need a top 5 pick to draft a tackle anytime before round 5. Ryan Kelly is an interesting option...

Okung isn't going to be as expensive as everyone thinks too. The guy has never played all 16 games and I think his market is going to be pretty cold. Sweezy on the other hand, is likely to get some money and go elsewhere.

I'm not terribly concerned about Rawls, but I do think we need another RB that knows the system. This means we either go back to Michael again or try to find Turbin. Not really a big fan of either, although perhaps Michael can continue to expand on his new attitude. I'm very sad that Marshawn's time is likely over here, but I can't see us paying him that much money. I don't think it will take as much of a restructure as everyone else does, but I'm resigned to him not being here in 2016. I guess he gave me two years more than I expected anyway.

Kearse can leave. He's too much of a security blanket and tends to make bad drops in the worst situations. Besides, we should have a limit on how many bad Husky WRs we have on this team of 1. (Note, I went to UW so this isn't a Coug thing.)

I'm bummed about Lane because I'm not sure we have his replacement on the roster. Simon and Shead haven't done enough to make me confident in them.

Irvin just said he's give a hometown discount and I'm hopeful a deal can be reached. This might be where the Lynch money goes.

So you didn't think the chips were down in Seattle this year when Cam led the Panthers back in the 4th quarter for a win? Weird. Cam has led the Panthers back in a few games this year. He has matured a lot too in the last two years. I don't think he is celebrating himself either when he celebrates. He is having fun, and he is a big team player. He's the anti-Wilson? :lmao:
You're right. Anti-Wilson is way too strong. And don't get me wrong. I would like to root for the guy, but his preening and self glorification are too much for me to respect.

Adversity shows up for all players eventually. Not some of them. All of them. How will they respond? IMO character determines this. I'm hopeful that Cam will respond well, but until he does I'll continue to doubt him. IMO down by less than 7 points in a fourth quarter isn't the sort of adversity I have in mind. When he's down 20 points in a game or his teammates start to drop like flies due to injury is the sort of adversity I'm thinking of. Maybe a few crushing loses in a row. Will he pout, or will he rally and lift his teammates up? Right now he's on top. He's playing well. The adversity comes to all players eventually. We'll see.
Thought back to this post yesterday after Super Bowl. Newton still isn't close to the player that I wish he was. That post game presser was painful to watch. Would like to have got to watch him more down the stretch of that game. What was he doing/saying on the sidelines before he came into the game down 6 in the fourth quarter? How was his body language? Was he trying to pump up his team? Was there positive talk? These are the moments that make one a leader. Not necessarily that he comes out and wins the game, but that he leads in the moments of adversity.

I'm never going to be a fan of a guy because he's bigger, faster, or stronger than another man. I'm never going to be a fan of a guy because he celebrates well when things are going smoothly. For an NFL player to earn my respect they're going to have to show me they continue to fight when things are going poorly and understand that they need to take ownership of their teammates mental state in the moment. Leaders lift up their teammates in those adverse moments. Cam isn't that guy yet.

LINK

Ricardo Lockette having surgery on his neck today at Baylor. Season over. Hurts to lose a guy that plays with such emotion. Wishing him well.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25508881/ricardo-lockette-says-without-trainers-he-would-have-died-after-brutal-hit

Insane stuff.  Scary to think how devastating that injury was and could potentially have been.

"I didn't realize how serious it was until it was over," Lockette said. "The doctor told me pretty much my skull, all the muscles, all the ligaments that connect my vertebrae. If I would have stood up then, the weight of my head, left right, front back, I would have died.

Users who are viewing this thread