What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2015 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

This thread has been mostly dead all year so I don't think we are polluting it by having this discussion, but I'll move on and talk about the Vikings anytime now.

Is Lynch for sure playing or are we looking at a GTD? Cancellor and Okung will play for sure, but having a running game vs the Vikes is critical. They had Rawls going for a hundo the first trip up there, I don't think Michael or Brown is doing that this week. Those guys are a part of the rotation Lynch or not though, so maybe we'll see all of them contribute to a sustained effort to run the ball. If this team can run the way Wilson is playing, they are going to be tough to beat.
Tomorrow will be telling on what they think about Lynch but I expect him to play. I don't think he comes back if he weren't really damn close to playing. I don't know if that means he'll be 100% but if we could just sprinkle him into the mix and wear down their defense with him I think our run game could be brutally difficult to defend in the 4th quarter.

I don't want to dismiss the Vikings--they have to have their confidence up after beating the Packers. Yeah, I realize they haven't been the same but the mental hurdle of getting past those guys who won the division 4 straight years in a row must mean something. Plus they'll be getting back Lindval Joseph, Anthony Barr, and Harrison Smith who they didn't have (effectively) for the last game.

Having said that they had their full offense on the field last time around while we were without Jordan Hill and Demarcus Dobbs. I don't think they're going to pass on us so we'll need to just be stout upfront and it should shorten the field considerably for our offense.

This thread has been mostly dead all year so I don't think we are polluting it by having this discussion, but I'll move on and talk about the Vikings anytime now.

Is Lynch for sure playing or are we looking at a GTD? Cancellor and Okung will play for sure, but having a running game vs the Vikes is critical. They had Rawls going for a hundo the first trip up there, I don't think Michael or Brown is doing that this week. Those guys are a part of the rotation Lynch or not though, so maybe we'll see all of them contribute to a sustained effort to run the ball. If this team can run the way Wilson is playing, they are going to be tough to beat.
I think it's a good discussion. I honestly believe that the Rams have our number, and they definitely wanted to win more than Seattle did. The players were acting like they won the Super Bowl. Seattle was still playing for the #5 seed, they just flat out got beat.I don't think Seattle mailed it in either.

Any concerns with Lynch coming back messing up the team's flow? There was the quote floating around from Tom Cable a couple weeks ago saying something to the effect of Lynch needs to adapt to the new offense.

Over thinking this, right? Lynch just means more of a good thing.

Doctor Detroit said:
Just Win Baby said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Cardinals didn't mail it in. They were playing for the #1 seed and got punched in the mouth, and then gave up at halftime. Minnesota doesn't scare me, and I think Carolina is beatable. With that being said, one game at a time.
Sure they did. They probably came into the game thinking they were prepared and ready, but they probably went through the motions all week because the game didn't mean a whole lot to them.

#1 seed means #### to the players, I'm surprised people who know a lot about sports think this. It means something to management and certainly the fans, but the players know they have a bye week and a home game the week after. I bet half of them don't even know who is in the playoffs in their conference.

Baseball, hockey, and basketball teams mail it in during their long seasons. It's less common in the NFL because one game means more than in the other sports, but just like the Seahawks had nothing to play for last week the Cards had nothing to play for this week. Seahawks still punched them in the mouth and made them surrender, but that was not the best Cardinals team. Not by a long shot.
It wasn't the best Seahawks team, either. If they play again, the Seahawks should have Kam, Lynch, Okung, and Sweezy back. :shrug:

I think players certainly appreciate that there is a difference between playing at Carolina or playing them at home, should it reach that point. They had something to play for.
Nope, that's not how it works. Players don't care, they really don't. Plenty of former athletes on the radio these days will tell you as much, they don't care if they have to play Carolina in Carolina, 12-4 teams think they can win anywhere.
I'm really not buying this. Plenty of players may say that they don't care but at the end of the day you get a better advantage to win the game at home. The players care more about winning than anything else (well, most of them at least).
Fine, then the Rams were a better team than the Seahawks in week 15. You can't have it both ways. Rams are terrible, Seahawks didn't come out 100% because the game meant nothing, they were going to be the 5th or 6th seed and winning didn't help their position. :2cents:
Rams are pretty much built to beat the Seahawks, not the best reference.

And like someone else mentioned, the Seahawks had nothing to play for while the Cards were going for the #1 seed, Why would it be the Cards who weren't trying? Just give the Seahawks the credit they deserve for the nice little beatdown they delivered.

Doctor Detroit said:
Just Win Baby said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Cardinals didn't mail it in. They were playing for the #1 seed and got punched in the mouth, and then gave up at halftime. Minnesota doesn't scare me, and I think Carolina is beatable. With that being said, one game at a time.
Sure they did. They probably came into the game thinking they were prepared and ready, but they probably went through the motions all week because the game didn't mean a whole lot to them.

#1 seed means #### to the players, I'm surprised people who know a lot about sports think this. It means something to management and certainly the fans, but the players know they have a bye week and a home game the week after. I bet half of them don't even know who is in the playoffs in their conference.

Baseball, hockey, and basketball teams mail it in during their long seasons. It's less common in the NFL because one game means more than in the other sports, but just like the Seahawks had nothing to play for last week the Cards had nothing to play for this week. Seahawks still punched them in the mouth and made them surrender, but that was not the best Cardinals team. Not by a long shot.
It wasn't the best Seahawks team, either. If they play again, the Seahawks should have Kam, Lynch, Okung, and Sweezy back. :shrug:

I think players certainly appreciate that there is a difference between playing at Carolina or playing them at home, should it reach that point. They had something to play for.
Nope, that's not how it works. Players don't care, they really don't. Plenty of former athletes on the radio these days will tell you as much, they don't care if they have to play Carolina in Carolina, 12-4 teams think they can win anywhere.
I'm really not buying this. Plenty of players may say that they don't care but at the end of the day you get a better advantage to win the game at home. The players care more about winning than anything else (well, most of them at least).
Fine, then the Rams were a better team than the Seahawks in week 15. You can't have it both ways. Rams are terrible, Seahawks didn't come out 100% because the game meant nothing, they were going to be the 5th or 6th seed and winning didn't help their position. :2cents:
Rams are pretty much built to beat the Seahawks, not the best reference.

And like someone else mentioned, the Seahawks had nothing to play for while the Cards were going for the #1 seed, Why would it be the Cards who weren't trying? Just give the Seahawks the credit they deserve for the nice little beatdown they delivered.
No they aren't. The Rams are a #### show with a terrible QB and limited skill position options. If you want to believe the Rams are "built to beat the Seahawks" because you can't wrap your head around why they have success vs the Seahawks, fine. But that is not a good team, sounds like a lot of :ptts: IMO.

I like being the realistic Seahawks fan, that's my role here. :thumbup:

proninja said:
I like being the realistic Seahawks fan, that's my role here. :thumbup:
You just like arguing ;)
The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive. I think Doc D is generally realistic, but he also likes to poke the hornet's nest and giggle like an 8 year old with an evil smirk. I'm a fan.

EDIT: I'm a bad spellur

Last edited by a moderator:
If Seattle shuts down ADP (which I expect) I don't see any way that Teddy does enough to win this game. For MIN to win I think there's going to have to be a couple of flukish plays like a Patterson return TD and/or a defensive score. Also, sounds like weather might be a factor. Going to be freaky cold, well below freezing.

How did the Rams beat the Seahawks?

Is this something that the Vikings could also do?
Absolutely. The Vikings simply need to trade for their entire defensive line.
I watched the Seahawks game against the Rams this morning.

Nice blocking.

I think the Vikings defensive line is very comparable to the Rams line. Floyd and Johnson may not be as good as Donald and Brockers, but its close. The Rams do not have a defensive end as good as Everson Griffen and Brian Robison + Danielle Hunter is as good as Hayes is. Hayes seemed to be winning against Gilliam all day.

Anyone have predictions on how Lynch will do this weekend?
Full go at practice. :shrug:

IMO its more on the performance of the offensive line than it is the RB. If there's a hole I expect him to hit it hard. If not, he'll go down at or near the line.

The weather is going to be a factor. Not sure how, but that has to be the coldest game played this season, right? I live in the UP and we just experienced the warmest December on record. So even the Vikes aren't used to it. Normally I'd root for the Vikes, but Adrian being such a vile human being prevents it. Go Hawks.

The weather is going to be a factor. Not sure how, but that has to be the coldest game played this season, right? I live in the UP and we just experienced the warmest December on record. So even the Vikes aren't used to it. Normally I'd root for the Vikes, but Adrian being such a vile human being prevents it. Go Hawks.
I know you quit FF, but can you quit the internet too?

Glad the Seahawks got so lucky in this one. I want nothing more for them to come to AZ for the NFC Championship game. Cards need to put a beating on them one more time to show who owns the divisoin for good now.

Glad the Seahawks got so lucky in this one. I want nothing more for them to come to AZ for the NFC Championship game. Cards need to put a beating on them one more time to show who owns the divisoin for good now.
Cool story, bro.

Fortunate to walk away with a win today.

• Wilson missed a couple of wide open deep throws today that just hung in the wind. Hard to know just how windy it was, but it had to be there to make those throws just hang like that.
  • Impressed with defense's mix of blitzes today. Wondering if that Richard calling those. Other than Kam getting exposed on that late drive they were very selective and effective.
  • Knew the weather would make it a weird game, but didn't think it would be that weird.
  • Impressed with Michael on all but one run. It was the one where he allowed a DB to fling him down backwards one on one. No way Lynch or Rawls doesn't fall forward in that situation for extra yards.
  • Also glad Michael held onto the ball today. Fully expected at least one fumble from him. Glad it didn't come.
  • Glad to see Avril have a better game. He sort of disappeared the past few weeks.
Anyone else got other observations to share?

Fortunate to walk away with a win today.

• Wilson missed a couple of wide open deep throws today that just hung in the wind. Hard to know just how windy it was, but it had to be there to make those throws just hang like that.
  • Impressed with defense's mix of blitzes today. Wondering if that Richard calling those. Other than Kam getting exposed on that late drive they were very selective and effective.
  • Knew the weather would make it a weird game, but didn't think it would be that weird.
  • Impressed with Michael on all but one run. It was the one where he allowed a DB to fling him down backwards one on one. No way Lynch or Rawls doesn't fall forward in that situation for extra yards.
  • Also glad Michael held onto the ball today. Fully expected at least one fumble from him. Glad it didn't come.
  • Glad to see Avril have a better game. He sort of disappeared the past few weeks.
Anyone else got other observations to share?
D line, especially Bennett, were terrific. These guys have been controlling the line of scrimmage all year which frees up Irvin, Wagner, and Wright to do what they do best: hunt and gather

Vikes did a nice job keeping Wilson in the pocket, I was expecting a QB draw the whole second half and it never came. A win is a win, that was a coin toss game that the Hawks somehow won. I'll take it.

Lucky to be alive for sure.

My quick/random thoughts: Want to see Lynch back. Michael is just OK, the not being able to hold the ball in his left arm thing is really brutal. No major injuries that I can think of which is fantastic. Really hard to gauge that game because the weather was so huge a factor. Wilson looked as uncomfortable as I can ever remember. Earl had a great game. Hate the early start. Hopefully Cam is tight as hell.

Probably be a 3 or so point dog at Carolina, going to be a great game.

D line, especially Bennett, were terrific. These guys have been controlling the line of scrimmage all year which frees up Irvin, Wagner, and Wright to do what they do best: hunt and gather
Think Irvin is a Seahawk next year? A Falcon? I think they did the right thing in not guaranteeing his contract for next year at a high price. Wondering what sort of price he will command. Perhaps Quinn will want to bring him in a pair him with Beasley to generate a pass rush.

Wouldn't the Cards have had to put a beating on them at some point in order to do it "one more time"

My quick/random thoughts: Want to see Lynch back. Michael is just OK, the not being able to hold the ball in his left arm thing is really brutal. No major injuries that I can think of which is fantastic. Really hard to gauge that game because the weather was so huge a factor. Wilson looked as uncomfortable as I can ever remember. Earl had a great game. Hate the early start. Hopefully Cam is tight as hell.

Michael has been a different player, given his second chance.

What does Lynch do now?
He won't have the cold told influence his decision. I just hope that, if he doesn't want to play, he determines as much with enough time to let the other backs get reps during the week.

Michael has been a different player, given his second chance.
I think Michael is adequate. I'm pulling for him but he is just an OK player.

Maybe Lynch is just OK now as well but there is still hope he can come back strong. Him coming back and being 80% Beastmode would be huge.

What does Lynch do now?
He won't have the cold told influence his decision. I just hope that, if he doesn't want to play, he determines as much with enough time to let the other backs get reps during the week.
The thing that is troublesome to me though is he took most of the first team snaps this past week. So did he have a setback? If not then I don't understand why you'd have him getting the top reps when you are not going to even fly him to Minnesota.

What does Lynch do now?
The thing that is troublesome to me though is he took most of the first team snaps this past week. So did he have a setback? If not then I don't understand why you'd have him getting the top reps when you are not going to even fly him to Minnesota.
That was unfortunate - him taking all the snaps, effecting the gameplan etc. The locker room has his back though from allI have heard, he has so much equity stored.

Michael Irvin was alluding to some text he got "from someone in the know" that was implying that Lynch is up to something. He didn't get into it that much but this will obviously be a story all week long, national hacks will be trying to make it into something.

The thing about this win is now the run has a little mystique to it, another close win and this turns in to a magical run, and that's right where I want Wilson. Why not us?

What does Lynch do now?
My own personal opinion: no, no setback. I think something else came up (e.g., worried over the long term effects of his first surgery, upset about something regarding how his return was handled)... Or he just didn't want to lace them up in the bitter cold. He hated his time in Buffalo for this very reason, from what I've read in the past.

The thing about this win is now the run has a little mystique to it, another close win and this turns in to a magical run, and that's right where I want Wilson. Why not us?
Carolina is a mirror image team. Run-based offenses that use play action, elite mobile QB, accurate passing attack, one shutdown corner, premier LB unit, fast sideline to sideline, great tackling in space. Great defenses tackle well in space, Carolina and Seattle tackle as well as anyone in football and that kind of attention to detail and application of athleticism is impressive.

I am a big Newton fan, I think he's a great football player and generally underrated. But I can't help but like our guy better, especially in games where the rest of the team is locked in and clicking. I personally think they need Lynch to win this game, he is a guy the team rallies around so even if he can get ten touches I think that is a net positive.

Carolina talks a lot, just like Seattle. I think this is going to be an absolute battle royale and I'd be surprised if it didn't come down to the last possession. This is one of those games that every football fan can look forward to, and I think this game delivers.

If you think about it, some of the biggest franchise wins have come vs Carolina. They were the team Seattle beat in the NFCCG in 2005-06, beat them last year too on the way to their third Super Bowl.

Seattle has to win one more playoff game this year on the road to make the Super Bowl, than they have in their entire franchise history. It's a tall order but I like getting the best regular season team right away, mostly because I hate the way they play down to their competition so much.

I also may be in the minority, but I think this is the best defense they have ever had. The defensive line is much better than it was the past two year and our linebackers are just so disciplined, athletic, and technically sound. The secondary isn't as good as it was two years ago because it's not as deep, but it's still the best unit in the league outside Arizona IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread