What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FFA College Fantasy Football (1 Viewer)

I have a question regarding bids. Once they are done, can we add any free agents we want at no charge? (Until their next game that is.)

I have a question regarding bids. Once they are done, can we add any free agents we want at no charge? (Until their next game that is.)
No, each FA will cost you a dollar.

Boub already with a sizable lead, it would appear the rest of us are playing for second.

No, each FA will cost you a dollar.

Boub already with a sizable lead, it would appear the rest of us are playing for second.
When you add a FCFS free agent it will appear to cost you nothing. I will add the $1 charge after the fact for each pickup.

When I tried to submit a bid for a player, I get an error message saying:

Sorry, but the commissioner has removed your permission to perform claims.

:confused:

is this really only affecting my team? this is :bs: if I can't bid on any players here.
Maybe you're doing it wrong? Go to "players", choose the one you want and hit the plus button- worked for me.
Yes. This isn't my first rodeo.

It takes me to the screen and asks me how much I want to bid on a player, then asks if I want to bench the guy or start him, etc. All that works fine.

When I hit submit, I get a message saying the commish has removed my ability to make any claims.

So I can't submit bids on any players.

Fantrax hates Rud.

It had a box checked to prevent his waivers. I surely never did that so no clue. I changed it so he can make the bids now. I also earlier sent him a PM to send me a PM with his bids if he can't access it on fantrax.

Notes:

I just paid for DaOzMan - I owed him, anyway. Still, that shows 12 paid now. Meaning one more team hasn't paid yet.

We are kicking Boub out next year. This is getting old. Does he do anything except study college football?

Moe - don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure that I didn't even bid week 1 last year, but still got 2nd. Overspending early isn't good.

Notes:

I just paid for DaOzMan - I owed him, anyway. Still, that shows 12 paid now. Meaning one more team hasn't paid yet.

We are kicking Boub out next year. This is getting old. Does he do anything except study college football?

Moe - don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure that I didn't even bid week 1 last year, but still got 2nd. Overspending early isn't good.
Next year pay me a fee. I will commish. And mercilessly critique everyone's picks and in season moves.

Another week, another high score for Boubucarrow. It's impossible to compete with him. I had one of my best weeks- 304 points- and I still lost ground.

At this point, we're all just competing for 2nd place.

Can someone who can ever access Fantrax please pickup Tion Green for me and drop Rod Smith? In related news, are they seriously the only site that has college. Site is basically unusable from iPhone and blocked at work. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another week, another high score for Boubucarrow. It's impossible to compete with him. I had one of my best weeks- 304 points- and I still lost ground.

This is why I hate the points only type leagues. Is there a reason we don't do head to head?

This is why I hate the points only type leagues. Is there a reason we don't do head to head?
still think we should have a H2H playoff bowl game but don't want to switch to total H2H.

Slider6 said:

I'm pretty sure he would just win that too. I think total points is the way to go with college but I do like the idea of a h2h round at the end.

My team is a total disaster. Losing Keeton for the year was the final straw.

I'd love H2H. It would at least make more people interested longer into the season. Most of us are so far behind there's almost no reason to be interested. Why not do H2H next year?

I'd love H2H. It would at least make more people interested longer into the season. Most of us are so far behind there's almost no reason to be interested. Why not do H2H next year?
If I recall correctly this was brought up this summer and most people wanted total points. I'd play regardless of the format but my vote would be for total points.

cheese said:
Can someone who can ever access Fantrax please pickup Tion Green for me and drop Rod Smith? In related news, are they seriously the only site that has college. Site is basically unusable from iPhone and blocked at work. Doesn't hurt to ask.
On their home page it states that they have a app out in beta form but whenever I try to download it I can't get it to work. They desperately need an app, it's pretty rough on mobile devices.

I picked up Tion Green and dropped Rod Smith for Cheese.

Oz had $4 dollars left going into the week. He used $2 during the bidding and now has used the leftover $2 on FCFS (the $2 I referred to in the commissioner message). So, his transactions are legal and he can not add anyone the rest of the season. I disabled Oz's ability to claim players just to make sure a honest mistake isn't made.

As far as H2H or points or other, I tried to initiate conversation over the summer and there wasn't any real push to change. I decided to not change anything major if there wasn't enough push. If the majority of owners want H2H or something else, speak up.

I am also considering doing a bowl game contest with a separate draft if anyone is interested.

Lastly, I am in another league with goldendomer on CBS. I don't like the interface at all. But we will give it consideration next season because I am almost certain we will have to pay for a site next year. Fantrax continues to shift feature behind a pay wall and it is only a matter of time.

Oz had $4 dollars left going into the week. He used $2 during the bidding and now has used the leftover $2 on FCFS (the $2 I referred to in the commissioner message). So, his transactions are legal and he can not add anyone the rest of the season. I disabled Oz's ability to claim players just to make sure a honest mistake isn't made.
you posted on 10/2 that he had $2 left and he picked up 4 guys yesterday.

magnifyGlassSmall.png
Oct 2, 2013 5:25 PM Note about FCFS adds this week.Oz ($2) and Tim ($3) are close to $0. They can't add more players than dollars they have left since each add will cost them $1. Fantrax doesn't take away the dollar but I do during Saturday or Sunday. Just want to remind everybody about that. When a owner gets to $0, I will block their ability to add anyone.

you posted on 10/2 that he had $2 left and he picked up 4 guys yesterday.

magnifyGlassSmall.png
Oct 2, 2013 5:25 PM Note about FCFS adds this week.Oz ($2) and Tim ($3) are close to $0. They can't add more players than dollars they have left since each add will cost them $1. Fantrax doesn't take away the dollar but I do during Saturday or Sunday. Just want to remind everybody about that. When a owner gets to $0, I will block their ability to add anyone.
Notice the time of the post (5:25 PM) and the subject (FCFS adds). That is after the transactions from the bidding were finalized on Wednesday. Oz had $4 going into the week. Oz won bids of $1 on two players in the bidding process depleting his funds to a total of $2 remaining. Then I posted the message above when Oz had $2 prior to FCFS opening at 6:00 PM Wednesday. He then picked up 2 players when the FCFS opened to account for his last $2.

Notice the time of the post (5:25 PM) and the subject (FCFS adds). That is after the transactions from the bidding were finalized on Wednesday. Oz had $4 going into the week. Oz won bids of $1 on two players in the bidding process depleting his funds to a total of $2 remaining. Then I posted the message above when Oz had $2. He then picked up 2 players when the FCFS opened to account for his last $2.
Yes. After last week's bidding, you posted to say Oz had $2 left. You posted that on October 2nd.

Then he picked up 2 players on waivers this week and 2 in FCFS. Isn't that $4 worth of players? A week after you just said he had $2 left?

If he had $2 left on October 2nd, how does he make $4 worth of pickups on October 9th?

It's not a big deal, but I'm not sure why this isn't making more sense.

Notice the time of the post (5:25 PM) and the subject (FCFS adds). That is after the transactions from the bidding were finalized on Wednesday. Oz had $4 going into the week. Oz won bids of $1 on two players in the bidding process depleting his funds to a total of $2 remaining. Then I posted the message above when Oz had $2. He then picked up 2 players when the FCFS opened to account for his last $2.
Yes. After last week's bidding, you posted to say Oz had $2 left. You posted that on October 2nd.

Then he picked up 2 players on waivers this week and 2 in FCFS. Isn't that $4 worth of players? A week after you just said he had $2 left?

If he had $2 left on October 2nd, how does he make $4 worth of pickups on October 9th?

It's not a big deal, but I'm not sure why this isn't making more sense.
Sorry for the confusion. I now understand what you saw and thought.

I posted originally last Wednesday saying he had $4 left after last week's bidding.

I edited the post this Wednesday saying he had $2 left after this week's bidding. But the date of the post didn't change when I edited it.

Next week I will create a new post instead of editing one.

Tried for a half hr to remove Gilbert but fantrax is acting like fantrax so yank him if u can. If not it's ok. Have played dead spots all yr for same reason lol

Well, this turned out to be my best season, and I enjoyed it. Came nowhere near first, but at least I wasn't at the bottom the way I've been for so long. I'm sure I'll do it again next year.

H2H tips the balance more towards luck than skill
This is absolutely true. But it's also more entertaining, and people have more fun and for longer a time. To me, these qualities trump the question of whether or not it achieves the fairest result.

I will go with the majority, whatever is decided. But I certainly would like to try it. Also, how about shortening the roster?

I'd be interested in joining a league on Draft Street, Fantrax or Draft Kings next year.

Wall of Past Champions

2005- jag_player

2006- jag_player

2007- Raptors

2008- Spartans Rule

2009- boubucarow

2010- RnR

2011- boubucarow

2012- boubucarow
so we're done, right?

3 wins in a row for boub and 4 out the past 5.

League Payout

1st- $350 (Boubacarow)

2nd- $200 (Sinister Kid)

3rd- $100 (Rudnicki)

Wall of Past Champions

2005- jag_player

2006- jag_player

2007- Raptors

2008- Spartans Rule

2009- boubucarow

2010- RnR

2011- boubucarow

2012- boubucarow
so we're done, right?

3 wins in a row for boub and 4 out the past 5.

League Payout

1st- $350 (Boubacarow)

2nd- $200 (Sinister Kid)

3rd- $100 (Rudnicki)
Yes we are done and that is the payout. I contacted RnR since he is the commish at league safe.

About time to crank this up again for a 10th season. :o
I would really like to start drafting July 14th this year and like always would like to push toward 16 teams or more. Not much will be changing from last year expect for possibly claims. I would like to have bids processed on Tuesday and Friday and eliminate free-for-all so that every pickup comes with the cost within the system.

As of right now fantrax premium only adds the following that we could be interested in:

Check this option if you want to allow the team owners greater flexibility in creating and managing pending claims and bids. With this option, owners can claim or bid on multiple players and separate them into contingent groups, prioritize claims within each group, and choose the maximum number of possible successful claims allowed within each group.

If that is worth $5-$7 to everyone. We can go to premium for $80 total.

We have:

1. boubucarow

2. RnR

3. NIU kicker

4. EastCoastBias

5. timschochet

6. Pumpnick

that doesn't seem worth the cost to me. I hate getting rid of FCFS too.
It doesn't seem worth it to me either. I won't have the time this year to manually add in cost for FCFS but since we have a 14 week schedule without any possible end of year free agent messes, I suppose we can just do FCFS with no $1 fee.

Users who are viewing this thread