What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FFA College Fantasy Football (1 Viewer)

It seems a little strange that Anthon Samuel isn't in the player pool considering I owned him in fantrax all last season.

It seems a little strange that Anthon Samuel isn't in the player pool considering I owned him in fantrax all last season.
He left school and hasn't enrolled into a new one. That, offense to defense switches (Burrough), and fall incoming freshman/jucos (Holmes, Rhodes) explain the issues.

He left school and hasn't enrolled into a new one. That, offense to defense switches (Burrough), and fall incoming freshman/jucos (Holmes, Rhodes) explain the issues.
Just curious... any idea how Samuel would be eligible at a different D1 school? Is it one of those "sick grandma" things?

Just curious... any idea how Samuel would be eligible at a different D1 school? Is it one of those "sick grandma" things?
Harwell, Paul Turner, Samuel and maybe someone else is doing that this year. I assume it is all variations of the hardship transfer. I think Harwell and Turner are up in the air completely at the moment. Remember reading Samuel left Bowling Green to take care of his kid/family so he may have a strong case. Dyer already sat out a year so he is good to go.

Running List of Player not in System Currently

Rodriguez Moore, RB, Cincinnati/Cheese

Robbie Rhodes, WR, Baylor/golden_domer - added

Riley Burrough, RB, Michigan St/sinisterkid

Michael Dyer, RB, Louisville/Slider6 - added

Anthon Samuel, RB, ????/The Ref

Gerald Holmes, RB, Michigan St/The Ref

Markeith Ambles, WR, Houston/The Ref

Nick Marshall, QB, Auburn/timschochet - added

When I add the players it will show as a $1 free agent add, I will adjust your bidding total back to 200.

Hearing that Manziel will be suspended indefinitely. Kenny Hill likely starting QB. This is why we don't have any pickups until after week 1. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodriguez Moore, RB, Cincinnati/Cheese - added

Anthon Samuel, RB, FIU/The Ref - added

Gerald Holmes, RB, Michigan St/The Ref - added

When I add the players it will show as a $1 free agent add, I will adjust your bidding total back to 200.

Are we supposed to be making moves? The site looks like a few have been made, but I'm not sure if I'm reading it right.

Are we supposed to be making moves? The site looks like a few have been made, but I'm not sure if I'm reading it right.
Good catch. Looks like Slider has been making some illegal moves here.
Oops, sorry about that. I thought since it was available to make moves that the FA period had opened. You can reset my team back to how it was if you want.

Oops, sorry about that. I thought since it was available to make moves that the FA period had opened. You can reset my team back to how it was if you want.
No worries, rook. It should be an easy fix.

No worries, rook. It should be an easy fix.
If you can't, I can probably go in and put them back using the transaction history to just make the opposite moves.

I reversed the 5 moves that have been made. The first time we can claim free agents is in the bidding process that opens up Saturday the 31st and closes on Wednesday September 4th.

Remember to bid in that window if you want to add players for week 2. The FCFS window will open 1 hour after the bids are processed and lasts until the games start on Saturday.

I was one of those that did not pay (completely forgot that I didn't). There are now two that owe.

I'm so mad at myself for not taking a flyer on Knight. Johnny Football-esque, they're calling him.

Riley Bullough, RB, Michigan St/sinisterkid - added

We have two people that still haven't paid. LeagueSafe only identifies by real name and email addy, so I'm not sure who they are. Payment window closes tomorrow. We need to get to the bottom of this.

I paid. First name Colin.

Ready to get this going tonight. Can't decide if I should start Keeton or not tonight against the Utes. Leaning towards playing him.

The real question is... should I play Johnny Football for one half or one of my other QBs for an entire game?

99% sure I paid, but we're going to have to do process of elimination here so I'm initials NS
Confirmed paid: RnR, boubucarow, Rudnicki, timschochet, cheese, Unlucky, Moe ... and four others I have not been able to identify by name/e-mail.

The real question is... should I play Johnny Football for one half or one of my other QBs for an entire game?
I was thinking about that yesterday. Given your other options I'd play Manziel. It would be nice for you if Hogan had a game this week. You don't like Carta-Samuels against Ole Miss?

I'm pretty positive I've paid. Jason W

ETA: Yup, I'm good.

The following e-check payment for 2013 FFA College Football League was successful.

I was thinking about that yesterday. Given your other options I'd play Manziel. It would be nice for you if Hogan had a game this week. You don't like Carta-Samuels against Ole Miss?
I like ACS, but don't love him with Boyd out of the lineup. He will probably get the nod over Price vs. Boise if I decide to let Manziel will ride the pine. I figure the Aggies will already be up big and he won't show much in the second half, so I'm probably screwed either way I go this week.

As for you, I'd run Keeton out there.

what happens if a team doesn't pay on time? how does leaguesafe handle it?
It is set to lock them out or charge a late fee. I will see if I can manually push back the deadline.

ETA: I have moved the "deadline" back to September 18 on League Safe, which appears to be the latest date possible.

I just added Ambles to Ref's team and everybody's roster is complete. Good luck everybody to try and beat me starting in 22 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread