What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

00's Mixtape Draft (4 Viewers)

Alright, let's get the draft order going,

Can someone PM the names in the OP (25 of them) and someone else PM me 1-25 in random order?

Eephus 1

JZilla 15

Tiananmen Tank 16

Postradamus 6

The Dreaded Marco 14

AcerFC 2

drpill 3

Abrantes 5

D_House 22

Kumerica 18

Facecow 17

Tremendous Upside 4

Oliver Humanzee 12

Bonzai 25

Hov34 10

tyler_cracker 21

Northern Voice 20

AhrnCityPahnder 9

valence 11

KarmaPolice 24

Professor S 23

John Madden's Lunchbox 16

Disco Stu 7

Uncle Humuna 13

Nigel Tufnel 8

Glad there's no pressure. Eephus can figure out what the best song of the decade is, and I'll just grab some Staind

The order looks pretty much like this, but the set of numbers had two 16s and no 19. Not sure which is which.

1. Eephus

2. AcerFC

3. drpill

4. Tremendous Upside

5. Abrantes

6. Postradamus

7. Disco Stu

8. Nigel Tufnel

9. AhrnCityPahnder

10. Hov34

11. valence

12. Oliver Humanzee

13. Uncle Humuna

14. The Dreaded Marco

15. JZilla

16. Tiananmen Tank *

17. Facecow

18. Kumerica

19. John Madden's Lunchbox *

20. Northern Voice

21. tyler_cracker

22. D_House

23. Professor S

24. KarmaPolice

25. Bonzai

Last edited by a moderator:
The order looks pretty much like this, but the set of numbers had two 16s and no 19. Not sure which is which.1. Eephus2. AcerFC3. drpill4. Tremendous Upside5. Abrantes6. Postradamus7. Disco Stu8. Nigel Tufnel9. AhrnCityPahnder10. Hov3411. valence12. Oliver Humanzee13. Uncle Humuna14. The Dreaded Marco15. JZilla16. Tiananmen Tank *17. Facecow18. Kumerica19. John Madden's Lunchbox *20. Northern Voice21. tyler_cracker22. D_House23. Professor S24. KarmaPolice25. Bonzai
Yeah, we'll blame Marco. The draft order will be as posted there, Tiananmen Tank had the first 16, so JML will be #19.

Oh good, I thought I was at 2, and might actually have to think about this

Middle's great, I'll post my number so you can contact me every three days when I'm up

The order looks pretty much like this, but the set of numbers had two 16s and no 19. Not sure which is which.1. Eephus2. AcerFC3. drpill4. Tremendous Upside5. Abrantes6. Postradamus7. Disco Stu8. Nigel Tufnel9. AhrnCityPahnder10. Hov3411. valence12. Oliver Humanzee13. Uncle Humuna14. The Dreaded Marco15. JZilla16. Tiananmen Tank *17. Facecow18. Kumerica19. John Madden's Lunchbox *20. Northern Voice21. tyler_cracker22. D_House23. Professor S24. KarmaPolice25. Bonzai
Yeah, we'll blame Marco.
:hifive:

Oh damn, pissed I missed this.Anyone want a teammate?
Hey, if you want my spot you can have it if it's ok with NV. I just found out from an email I've got something else added to my plate this week and I'd just slow things up...Sorry.

Hey, if you want my spot you can have it if it's ok with NV. I just found out from an email I've got something else added to my plate this week and I'd just slow things up...Sorry.
Thanks for the offer, but the 1-hour timer is too much for me without a teammate. If I can find someone who will be here at all times during the day to help out, then sure. Otherwise, I only really have FBG access either on my lunch break or at home after work.

Thanks for the offer, but the 1-hour timer is too much for me without a teammate. If I can find someone who will be here at all times during the day to help out, then sure. Otherwise, I only really have FBG access either on my lunch break or at home after work.
So....who wants to join my team?

Or should I just do the autoskip thing?

Is this thing going to be judged or is this one of those "for the ####s and giggles" pick whatever you want even if it sucks kinda drafts?

Is this thing going to be judged or is this one of those "for the ####s and giggles" pick whatever you want even if it sucks kinda drafts?
The latter. No actual judging, really. Just your own enjoyment of the mix you put together.

The latter. No actual judging, really. Just your own enjoyment of the mix you put together.
:wall: those are the best kind.Do I need to have a theme? I've never done a mixtape draft, only actual album/music video drafts.

Yeah, whatever. Put me in for Hov34, and put me on autoskip unless I say otherwise.

If anyone wants to help me out, let me know.

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I haven't read 3/4 of the thread. Does the song qualify as a choice if the original version was recorded prior to 2000, but the cover/live version/etc. was recorded during the 2000s?

Also, put me on autoskip between the following hours:

10 AM - 11:45 AM (eastern)

1:15 PM- 5 PM (eastern)

I'll try to be here at other times...I'll ask to be put on autoskip otherwise. Thanks.

Not a fan of these high picks

Was hoping to find some more songs for my theme but I dont think it will work out. Looks like I have until tomorrow morning to figure something out

#### man, I'm just trying to formulate a predraft list here, but I feel like all my songs are "reaches" and aren't worthy of a 1st-round pick.

So what's the deal here? Waiting on KP now for first pick?
If KP wants to swap, the deal is confirmed from this end. If he's not in the thread before Monday AM PST, I'll make the 1.01 pick
I'll do it as long as it's cool with NV. I've commished a few of these, and it's annoying to keep redoing orders, etc...
draft position swaps before the start should be pretty straightforward.KP 1.01, 2.24, 3.01...eephus 1.24, 2.01, 3.24...

#### man, I'm just trying to formulate a predraft list here, but I feel like all my songs are "reaches" and aren't worthy of a 1st-round pick.
welcome to my world
Don't worry about this. Unlike other drafts, this is more about just taking stuff you want, talking about music, and people listening to stuff that they might not normally. Really these drafts are about downloading the final mixes and enjoying others' tastes. I only have a problem when people don't upload their mixes for me to listen to. :shrug:

So what's the deal here? Waiting on KP now for first pick?
If KP wants to swap, the deal is confirmed from this end. If he's not in the thread before Monday AM PST, I'll make the 1.01 pick
I'll do it as long as it's cool with NV. I've commished a few of these, and it's annoying to keep redoing orders, etc...
draft position swaps before the start should be pretty straightforward.KP 1.01, 2.24, 3.01...eephus 1.24, 2.01, 3.24...
sweet let's get some picks going! :goodposting:

I can't think of any other way to kick off this draft but with this song. Not only does it represent one of the most popular bands, but also fine musicianship.

1.01 : NICKELBACK -- Figured you out

A sample of the lyrics will tell you all you need to know:

I like your pants around your feet

And I like the dirt that's on your knees

And I like the way you still say please

While you're looking up at me

You're like my favourite damn disease

My real pick is more obvious. It was a toss up between 3 Radiohead songs for me. When Kid A first came out I was one of the many RH fans that said "WTF is this". However, it became one of my favs of the decade (and evidently many critics). The songs from the album took on a different feeling after seeing them live a couple times, and for some reason this song has always stood out to me and became one of my favs by them. Not sure yet if I am putting the album or live version on my mix yet, but the song will be:

1.01 : RADIOHEAD -- Morning Bell (4:35)

We'll see - might have been able to get the band/song later at my original spot....

1.01 : RADIOHEAD -- Morning Bell (4:35)

We'll see - might have been able to get the band/song later at my original spot....
I'm guessing Kid A version and not Amnesiac version? Also, I'm going to go out and a limb and say that you couldn't have gotten it at 24.

Users who are viewing this thread