What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

00's Mixtape Draft (2 Viewers)

Man, there's a lot of great stuff to choose from. Already having fun putting a list together.
:hifive: I've already put together a very long playlist of possible songs and need to spend some time this weekend paring it down. There is a lot of great variety from decade--it's tough to cut some these tunes.
Strategery could be really important, although I don't think there is a Beatles type band that will be wiped out on the first round. You never know however. Pretty sure 2 bands will be wiped out by the end of R3 however.

In the past draft (summer mixtape) I ran, we had a cap of five songs by each artist that can be taken for the draft. The idea was to promote scarcity and encourage diversity in the mixes, I think it worked pretty well (though there are only a few artists where we'd push the limit for the 00s. If no one objects, we'll use that again.

Been awhile since we've drafted for these and I forgot about this rule. :blackdot:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past draft (summer mixtape) I ran, we had a cap of five songs by each artist that can be taken for the draft. The idea was to promote scarcity and encourage diversity in the mixes, I think it worked pretty well (though there are only a few artists where we'd push the limit for the 00s. If no one objects, we'll use that again.

Been awhile since we've drafted for these and I forgot about this rule. :blackdot:
No spotlighting with your screen name and avatar

Been awhile since we've drafted for these and I forgot about this rule. :confused:
No spotlighting with your screen name and avatar
Screen name won't apply to this draft.Sadly, I believe I have yet to draft any of their songs for these things. :blackdot:

Here's where we're at (19, so far):

Tremendous Upside

The Dreaded Marco

Postradamus

Eephus

Abrantes

John Madden's Lunchbox

AhrnCityPahnder

D_House

Kumerica

AcerFC

JZilla

Disco Stu

drpill

Facecow

Hov34

Northern Voice

Professor S

valence

KarmaPolice

I've deliberately not set a draft order yet, in order to allow for valence, krista, etc... who have been interested/participated before but this will start Monday AM. With a 1 hour clock from 10AM to 10PM, as the first post says.

I'll be able to check in and keep this on the first page over the weekend.

I have no idea what my strategy will be for this.

My strategy is simple: Pick the best songs, arrange the best running order, kick maximum ###. BOOOOOOOSH!

Make sure Krista4 and/or Oliver Humanzee get invited . . . I don't think either of them are around much during the weeks but they've provided valuable input in previous mixtape drafts.
ABRANTeS SNIPe ALeRT: If not too late, OH says he'd be in on this one--I don't know enough good aughts music to do it justice, though.

21 drafters, one decade. :shrug:
...millions of possibilities :shrug: ETA: actually around 5.8 x 10162 permutations

Based on 27,000 albums with an average of 12 tracks each released in the US every year of the decade. This works out to 3.24 million songs.

Assume 25 songs in a 100 min. mix arranged in any possible sequence without repetition and you get into the 10162 range. I didn't factor in the impact of other drafters decreasing the pool of songs so please don't snipe my picks.

21 drafters, one decade. :boxing:
...millions of possibilities :shrug: ETA: actually around 5.8 x 10162 permutations

Based on 27,000 albums with an average of 12 tracks each released in the US every year of the decade. This works out to 3.24 million songs.

Assume 25 songs in a 100 min. mix arranged in any possible sequence without repetition and you get into the 10162 range. I didn't factor in the impact of other drafters decreasing the pool of songs so please don't snipe my picks.
:lmao: :nerd: Yeah, this is gonna be fun.

Man, there's a lot of great stuff to choose from. Already having fun putting a list together.
:boxing: I've already put together a very long playlist of possible songs and need to spend some time this weekend paring it down. There is a lot of great variety from decade--it's tough to cut some these tunes.
Strategery could be really important, although I don't think there is a Beatles type band that will be wiped out on the first round. You never know however. Pretty sure 2 bands will be wiped out by the end of R3 however.
better plan your backups too.snipe snipe snipe

In the past we have always had a rule: no more than one song by a particular artist on any given mixtape. I didn't see this restriction mentioned in the OP. However, I would like to propose that we up this to two per mixtape. I know that we want to promote diversity in the mixtape but I think with the expanded time for this mix it would be reasonable to allow two songs by the same artist on one mix.

Thoughts? Suggestions? :toilet:

In the past we have always had a rule: no more than one song by a particular artist on any given mixtape. I didn't see this restriction mentioned in the OP. However, I would like to propose that we up this to two per mixtape. I know that we want to promote diversity in the mixtape but I think with the expanded time for this mix it would be reasonable to allow two songs by the same artist on one mix. Thoughts? Suggestions? :thumbup:
I think that was more of an unwritten rule. People were too anal about their mixes to throw more than 1 song per artist in their draft. I can only think of 1 mix that had two of the same artist, and I think it was to get the opener and closer of Animals.

In the past we have always had a rule: no more than one song by a particular artist on any given mixtape. I didn't see this restriction mentioned in the OP. However, I would like to propose that we up this to two per mixtape. I know that we want to promote diversity in the mixtape but I think with the expanded time for this mix it would be reasonable to allow two songs by the same artist on one mix. Thoughts? Suggestions? :thumbup:
Up to NV, but if people double up, so be it. Nobody might listen to their mixtape, but if 2 of their fave songs from the 00's are from the same artist it's not that big a deal.

sup bros,

i'm Valence's roommate. sorry i'm late to the party; i think he warned me about the delay between registering and being able to post but i forgot.

if there's still room, i would like to be

*IN*

but if i'm too late, i'll come back for the 00s album draft instead.

You're okay tyler_cracker.

Also agree with Marco - limit is now 6 songs per artist.

We've never really said you can't have 2 from the same artist, so if you want you can double up on an artist, I suspect the majority won't.

Monday is a busy day for me, so please autoskip me even in the first round. There's a lot to choose from, so I'm not worried about being sniped. I'll make up picks when I can and I'll be able to more actively participate and comment later in the week.

Anyone have a theme for this? Im trying to figure one out but have not been successful.
Nah, I tried one for the 90's and it went badly wrong. KP did one for the 80s and I think NV did one as well, but at the end of the day you're mix has to be something you like. That's why my 90's one failed.

Yes. draft order will come today. Consider this bump the last chance for stragglers looking to sign up. I'm going out for a few hours right now, when I come back, we'll make the draft order so we can get started tomorrow morning.

Not sure where Tufnel is, I can send him a PM?

Gimme, gimme gimme! I've throughly ignored much of the new music in the last 5-6 years with the exception of a handful of bands. I know that there will be much, much drafted that I thoroughly hate but the other drafts gave me new stuff to listen to that still makes the rounds on my ipod weekly.

Gimme, gimme gimme! I've throughly ignored much of the new music in the last 5-6 years with the exception of a handful of bands. I know that there will be much, much drafted that I thoroughly hate but the other drafts gave me new stuff to listen to that still makes the rounds on my ipod weekly.
only reason I am doing this is for the other mixes. (Yes I know I dont have to draft but I will not keep up if I dont).

Arch Stanton said:
So does this mean you're in? or just going through the finished mixes?Tufnel is... IN! :thumbup:

Arch Stanton said:
So does this mean you're in? or just going through the finished mixes?Tufnel is... IN! ;)
My entire collection would be songs from Hellcat Records. I'm about to get peeled with 11 of the next 12 days in brutal working conditions so I doubt I'll even catch up until after then. I'm just going to cherry pick the mixes with gratitude to the drafters.

draftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorder

draftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorderdraftorder

:nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread