What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (1 Viewer)

If I were a betting man, I’d bet on Deebo getting traded tomorrow. Clear the $, pay Ayiuk, have a more traditional trio of WR. The wideback experiment was a bust during the SB, it’s time.

If I were a betting man, I’d bet on Deebo getting traded tomorrow. Clear the $, pay Ayiuk, have a more traditional trio of WR. The wideback experiment was a bust until the SB, it’s time.
Deebo (or Aiyuk) to Buffalo? They have all night to work on the details.
Deebo would be a wicked fit as a Bill. Imagine trying to tackle Allen & Deebo - by the 4th quarter that would be painful.

Buffalo trades: Pick 32, 200

Carolina trades: Pick 33, 141
Panthers really cannot afford to trade up
This pick will be interesting...

-Xavier Legette, WR South Carolina

Hmmmmm

Cheap price to if he hits. $12 million for 4 years plus a 5th to lock him up. That's half his career.
You make it sound so easy
A free year is huge. Now if it's a free year of Mingo that's not so good.

I doubt it’ll be Aiyuk. If it was it would have happened in the 1st half of the draft.

Not sure what channel you were watching but there was discussion on NFLN about SF trading Aiyuk to Washington for #36 plus maybe something right before the Pearsall pick. And of course there is the Peters connection.

I would be SO hype. And we have a billion in cap space so he can get fully paid. That’s how you set up a rookie QB.

Curious to see DeJean falling like this. Seems like there is some question about exactly what position he would play, so maybe a lot of teams are unsure about exactly what he is and that is scaring them off.
Curious with GB having 2 shots in round 2. Do they slide up to secure him.

Man the Bills better be absolutely 100% right on their WR evaluations to trade down twice to teams taking WRs and netting basically a 6th and 7th round pick in value back.

There’s plenty of wr talent left
Ladd with the first pick tomorrow night?
Yeah, not bad if that’s who they were targeting. Grabbed extra picks and still got their guy
if true then I kinda agree but KC didn't have to give up much and the bills should have tried to get more. Or maybe they did and the Chiefs wouldn't budge. Just seems kinda unimpressive though.

Guys we mocked in Round 1 who weren't selected:
8) Atlanta Falcons - Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa
18) Cincinnati Bengals - Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - ILLINOIS
24) Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions - Kool Aid Mckinstry CB, Alabama
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

Hmmmmm

Cheap price to if he hits. $12 million for 4 years plus a 5th to lock him up. That's half his career.
That 5th year option is probably not a big deal either way. If he's a bum, who cares about that option? If he's a stud, then either he's holding out/you're renegotiating early with the 5th year, or you franchise him after the 4th / or renegotiate earlier.

Full disclosure, I'm not a capologist.

Hmmmmm

That 5th year option is probably not a big deal either way. If he's a bum, who cares about that option? If he's a stud, then either he's holding out/you're renegotiating early with the 5th year, or you franchise him after the 4th / or renegotiate earlier.

this. The fifth year option is over-rated.

I doubt it’ll be Aiyuk. If it was it would have happened in the 1st half of the draft.

Not sure what channel you were watching but there was discussion on NFLN about SF trading Aiyuk to Washington for #36 plus maybe something right before the Pearsall pick. And of course there is the Peters connection.

I would be SO hype. And we have a billion in cap space so he can get fully paid. That’s how you set up a rookie QB.
I wouldn’t hold my breath but it’s possible.

Far more likely SF sheds Deebo’s contract for a 2nd, and run out Aiyuk, Jennings, & Pearsall with Kittle, and uses Pearsall on ST.

Hmmmmm

You're doing a fine job and that's no take away from BnB and what he's saying

Round 1 in the books

23 offensive players (shatters the old record, 19)
  • 6 QBs
  • 7 WRs
  • 1 TE
  • 9 OT (couple of these guys will be G or C)
9 defensive players
  • 5 ED (Latu, Turner, Verse, C Robinson, D Robinson)
  • 3 CB (Mitchell, Arnold, Wiggins)
  • 1 DI (Murphy)

No linebackers or running backs in the first round is a prefect illustration of how the game has changed since I was young.

Those huge LB v huge RB days are long gone forever.

Guys we mocked in Round 1 who weren't selected:
8) Atlanta Falcons - Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa
18) Cincinnati Bengals - Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - ILLINOIS
24) Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions - Kool Aid Mckinstry CB, Alabama
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

Yeah my homer pick of Newton didn't pan out - seems they must be worried about size and his foot. Would love for my Bengals to find a way to go get him tomorrow.

-QG

I think almost all teams are exploring trades up and down.

>>Grier said the Dolphins were involved in trade talks but nothing materialized. “Four or five teams were trying to move to our spot. The offers weren’t enticing enough to move up.” Grier said the Dolphins also explored trying to trade for another pick late in the first round.<<

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article288035025.html#storylink=cpy

Far more likely SF sheds Deebo’s contract for a 2nd, and run out Aiyuk, Jennings, & Pearsall with Kittle, and uses Pearsall on ST.

The way it was being talked about was one of those “hey this is what’s happening, especially if they draft WR here” kind of things the networks do to tip the hand without doing it blatantly. Then SF took a WR.

I got no idea but that’s how it came off. You know how they talk about who is about to be drafted when they already know, but they don’t admit it because they don’t want to totally give the spoiler? Like that.

The way it was being talked about was one of those “hey this is what’s happening, especially if they draft WR here” kind of things the networks do to tip the hand without doing it blatantly. Then SF took a WR.

I got no idea but that’s how it came off. You know how they talk about who is about to be drafted when they already know, but they don’t admit it because they don’t want to totally give the spoiler? Like that.
Mike Silver seems to agree with my assessment.

Aiyuk and Daniels played together for a year at ASU right? That would be cool to see them reunite.

Hmmmmm

Rookie contracts can't be negotiated until after the 3rd season. A second round pick has a lot more leverage with only one year remaining. Also if you do renegotiate after picking up the 5th year option, the new contract doesn't kick in until year 6 which allows you to kick the can down the road salary cap wise..

Also that 4th round pick has a 27% chance of having a second contract on another team vs 12% on the same team. You trade a 4th round pick and there's a 60% chance he won't get a second contract. A 6th round pick is likely has about a 7% chance of getting a contract with the same team. This is really a game of pass the trash. It also explains why if you have a strong conviction that someone is a difference maker, you trade up and get that player.

Mike Silver seems to agree with my assessment.

Just relaying what I heard. I would say I don’t think you get a 2nd for Deebo.

Users who are viewing this thread