What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

✍ Knowshon Moreno to season ending IR. (1 Viewer)

May come back sooner than expected. Can't say we weren't warned...

Anybody trade for him after seeing that story?
I'm going to try and trade Josh Gordon for him. Im loaded at WR, screwed at RB and the Moreno owner is the reverse i.e. loaded at RB and screwed at WR. Not holding out much hope though.
It's worth a shot, but you'd probably have better luck trading Gordon to another team that is in pretty good WR shape. Nobody that needs a WR really badly is going to want a guy that he can't use until Week 12 at the earliest.
Indeed, hence why I don't hold out much hope. I'm kind of hoping the owner thinks Moreno is still at least 4 weeks away, and I can sell the whole 'you'll have a stud WR for the run in and playoffs' angle with Gordon. Tricky negotiations as we had been talking about a Dez for Gio deal but its gone quiet on that front. We both have winning records so neither of us are in particularly bad shape

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Moreno updates?

If he practices this week and is active I guess the course of action is to sit him and see what happens first week back?

Any Moreno updates?

If he practices this week and is active I guess the course of action is to sit him and see what happens first week back?
He's practicing again in full pads today but taking the wait and see approach is likely the safest bet, yeah. Still, for as good as Miller looked, he still only averaged ~13 carries per game in Moreno's absence so I think the door is still wide open for Moreno to get a legitimate workload once he returns. It's amazing but Miller's role essentially didn't change at all from a volume standpoint.

Only thing we know right now is he's practicing and wearing a brace.

What to do with him depends on your other options. In a perfect world I'd sit him and see how he looks and how they divide up the usage. People like me who drafted AP, Ball and Ingram don't live in a perfect world so I'm probably trotting him out there unless I read something that indicates he's limited.

No dog in this fight, but Lamar Miller has a history of being pretty average. A few good games won't change my mind.

There must be a reason a fat, out of shape Moreno was able to beat him out.

I'm guessing they are both used quite a bit moving forward, pushing both to RB2/flex territory, but Knowshon will likely take more snaps bc he's superior in the passing game.
Actually Miller doesn't have a history of being average and he wasn't beat out by Moreno. So... I guess we start over?
lamar miller avgd 4 ypc last year. Thats pretty avg. He didnt beat out moreno either. Moreno had 24.carries 1st game and miller had 11. When moreno comes back he will also likely be the goal line back.
Yeah, 4 yds per carry behind an injury/drama riddled oline that was one of the worst in the NFL. The other RBs on that team managed 3.7, 3.5 and 2.1. Miller was the starter even when Moreno was healthy. Moreno got more carries but never moved above him on the depth chart. Mia stated they would ride the hot hand. Moreno was the hot hand. Miller was still the starter.
Eh, Miller played pretty well last year so I'll give you that.

But, out carried in week one 24-12 -- call it hot hand, call it what you will, but he was definitely not the lead dog to start the year. That was after a Moreno injury and coming into camp out of shape.

Just not buying Miller as more than a low end RB2/Flex with Moreno back. Not really buying Moreno any higher either, but those thinking Miller continues at this pace will likely be sorely disappointed.

Long term, I do like Miller. He's bulked up and he's only 23.
Actually, I think he was, depending on your definition of "start the year." Miller out touched Moreno in Week 1 (7 touches, including a TD reception near the GL, to Moreno's 4) . . . until he fumbled midway through the second quarter.

From that point on, Moreno took over and Miller was used sparingly. Miller didn't get another touch until the 3rd quarter, and that was after Moreno had run the ball on four of the first six plays of the second half, gaining 29 yards.

I obviously don't know one way or the other and I haven't found a quote from the coaching staff, but it sure looks from the box score that the fumble by Miller forced a change in usage.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Knowshon Moreno (elbow) hinted his Week 6 status remains up in the air.

Speaking with ESPN's James Walker, Moreno intimated that his availability could come down to his comfort with wearing an elbow brace. Asked what the issues with the brace were, Moreno responded "everything." It's possible Moreno's status could come down to a game-time decision. The situation will be updated no later than Friday.

Related: Lamar Miller

Source: James Walker on Twitter

Oct 9 - 2:49 PM

No dog in this fight, but Lamar Miller has a history of being pretty average. A few good games won't change my mind.

There must be a reason a fat, out of shape Moreno was able to beat him out.

I'm guessing they are both used quite a bit moving forward, pushing both to RB2/flex territory, but Knowshon will likely take more snaps bc he's superior in the passing game.
Actually Miller doesn't have a history of being average and he wasn't beat out by Moreno. So... I guess we start over?
lamar miller avgd 4 ypc last year. Thats pretty avg. He didnt beat out moreno either. Moreno had 24.carries 1st game and miller had 11. When moreno comes back he will also likely be the goal line back.
Yeah, 4 yds per carry behind an injury/drama riddled oline that was one of the worst in the NFL. The other RBs on that team managed 3.7, 3.5 and 2.1. Miller was the starter even when Moreno was healthy. Moreno got more carries but never moved above him on the depth chart. Mia stated they would ride the hot hand. Moreno was the hot hand. Miller was still the starter.
Eh, Miller played pretty well last year so I'll give you that.But, out carried in week one 24-12 -- call it hot hand, call it what you will, but he was definitely not the lead dog to start the year. That was after a Moreno injury and coming into camp out of shape.

Just not buying Miller as more than a low end RB2/Flex with Moreno back. Not really buying Moreno any higher either, but those thinking Miller continues at this pace will likely be sorely disappointed.

Long term, I do like Miller. He's bulked up and he's only 23.
Actually, I think he was, depending on your definition of "start the year." Miller out touched Moreno in Week 1 (7 touches, including a TD reception near the GL, to Moreno's 4) . . . until he fumbled midway through the second quarter.

From that point on, Moreno took over and Miller was used sparingly. Miller didn't get another touch until the 3rd quarter, and that was after Moreno had run the ball on four of the first six plays of the second half, gaining 29 yards.

I obviously don't know one way or the other and I haven't found a quote from the coaching staff, but it sure looks from the box score that the fumble by Miller forced a change in usage.
Correct; in week 1, Miller get the first 5-6 touches to Moreno's 1-2. He scored a TD, then fumbled mid 2nd Q. From there until basically the 4th Q, Moreno probably got 15 or so touched to Miller's 2-3. Miller and Moreno split the 4th Q, and Moreno got a TD on one his series.Without the fumble, I could see the game have played out with more a 50/50 split.

I've convinced myself that I'll be sitting Moreno this week but the more I hear the more I'm tempted to trot him out there. The floor though, it's so low.

SameSongNDance said:
I've convinced myself that I'll be sitting Moreno this week but the more I hear the more I'm tempted to trot him out there. The floor though, it's so low.
I convinced myself of this earlier in the week and haven't looked back. He's also not fully comfortable with the brace, which is concerning, though could be nothing. I'm rolling out OBJ instead, though Moreno is second on my list ahead of Sproles (Bush, Green Jennings, Cooks all not playing).

SameSongNDance said:
I convinced myself of this earlier in the week and haven't looked back. He's also not fully comfortable with the brace, which is concerning, though could be nothing. I'm rolling out OBJ instead, though Moreno is second on my list ahead of Sproles (Bush, Green Jennings, Cooks all not playing).
Yeah I've read what he's had to say about the brace, it sounds like it's going to be extremely limiting.

I have a feeling he's going to be eased into the backfield until he can remove that goofy brace. I expect him to get 60% of the carries again soon.

Well, reports are that moreno is scheduled for 8-10 carries.

BUT...if he starts running hot and gives that emotional lift to the team I have a feeling he will get more. Still a risky play for today, but some of us don't have much of a choice.

Moreno 4 carries to Miller's 1. He hasn't done much but it's a pretty telling sign of who they want out there more.

It was interesting how Moreno was getting the early carries. He was also in for the opening drive of the 2nd half. Then that was it for him. Miller was only involved in 3 plays in the 1st half. I wonder if something happened to Moreno to make him leave. He seemed to get dinged on that last catch near the end zone, then again maybe he was on a strict snap count. Too bad because he was near the end zone there. He also had the 3 carries inside the 5 in the 1st quarter, problem there of course was he didn't make it.

Micah James ‏@FFMagicMan

Bummer. RT @MiamiDolphins: RB Knowshon Moreno has been placed on injured reserve with an ACL injury.
Yep, there goes that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11699303/knowshon-moreno-miami-dolphins-season-acl-injury

Too bad, there he was getting failing at goalline opportunities, taking the RB job back getting in Miller's way ... then he left the game all of a sudden after starting the 2nd half over Miller again more stupid coaching decisions by Philbin.. twas a cursed season for Kno.Was a normal season for KNoSho.
Fixed that for ya.

Micah James ‏@FFMagicMan

Bummer. RT @MiamiDolphins: RB Knowshon Moreno has been placed on injured reserve with an ACL injury.
Yep, there goes that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11699303/knowshon-moreno-miami-dolphins-season-acl-injury

Too bad, there he was getting failing at goalline opportunities, taking the RB job back getting in Miller's way ... then he left the game all of a sudden after starting the 2nd half over Miller again more stupid coaching decisions by Philbin.. twas a cursed season for Kno.Was a normal season for KNoSho.
Fixed that for ya.
Yeah, known risk in drafting him I guess...

Yahoo start percentage week 1 = 17%

Yahoo start percentage week 2 = 65% and he totals .4 fantasy points.
I know right? Look at all those fools who started Charles this week too. FFL rooks I tells ya.
RIGHT - The comparison to Jamaal Charles is exactly the same as Moreno. I know I drafted Moreno in round 1. Excellent work there.
Excellent work by you to think Moreno owners wasted a draft pick because he got injured in week 2. :thumbup:
Exactly! Why can't my leagues be filled with guys who think like this guy? Is win championships every year!
I'll be looking for TT's thread about RBs that will be injured in week 3 so I can sit them.
I was very clear before the season started that Moreno was a wasted draft pick. Nearly no one started him week one, but the 17% who did probably did so because they took a guy like Ray Rice in the 5th on draft day and just wanted to ride out the first two weeks. Most redrafts do not have IR spots, so if you are a Moreno believer you now have a decision to make on whether or not the Dolphins #2 RB is going to sit on your fantasy roster for 4-6 weeks with a guaranteed 0 or if you are going to drop him.
So you knew he would be injured in week 2? How else would he be considered a wasted pick since he was clearly the lead back in Miami prior to getting hurt? But you say Charles wasn't a wasted pick even though he bombed in week 1 and got injured the same week as Moreno. You were clearly wrong about Moreno in week 1 and you can not claim he's a bust because of injury. Unless you claimed he was an injury risk. Did you warn people Mark Ingram would be a wasted pick as well?
:clyde:

If Moreno stays healthy....as Dolphins fan I will be thrilled to have this RBBC. Both backs do different things well.

Miller has been running tougher this pre-season...lowering is shoulder and showing he wants it. Moreno did look...well like Moreno. Tough runner, solid pass protect. A worker.

Miller will be a HR hitter and Moreno the grinder. It's exactly what the Fins want. I don't think either back will be a "steal" if both are healthy all year. It will be a pretty clear RBBC and a split situation. Fantasy owners thinking now Moreno will be that workhorse will be hugely disappointed.

Only an injury will cause either back to be the "guy"
So......it happened. And if you look at Moreno's injury history....I expected it. Sucks for our team as I want a healthy Moreno as he can only help us win.

But his injury history has been pretty telling that other than last season...he can't seem to catch a break.

Touchdown There said:
Yahoo start percentage week 1 = 17%

Yahoo start percentage week 2 = 65% and he totals .4 fantasy points.
I know right? Look at all those fools who started Charles this week too. FFL rooks I tells ya.
RIGHT - The comparison to Jamaal Charles is exactly the same as Moreno. I know I drafted Moreno in round 1. Excellent work there.
Excellent work by you to think Moreno owners wasted a draft pick because he got injured in week 2. :thumbup:
Exactly! Why can't my leagues be filled with guys who think like this guy? Is win championships every year!
I'll be looking for TT's thread about RBs that will be injured in week 3 so I can sit them.
I was very clear before the season started that Moreno was a wasted draft pick. Nearly no one started him week one, but the 17% who did probably did so because they took a guy like Ray Rice in the 5th on draft day and just wanted to ride out the first two weeks. Most redrafts do not have IR spots, so if you are a Moreno believer you now have a decision to make on whether or not the Dolphins #2 RB is going to sit on your fantasy roster for 4-6 weeks with a guaranteed 0 or if you are going to drop him.
So you knew he would be injured in week 2? How else would he be considered a wasted pick since he was clearly the lead back in Miami prior to getting hurt? But you say Charles wasn't a wasted pick even though he bombed in week 1 and got injured the same week as Moreno. You were clearly wrong about Moreno in week 1 and you can not claim he's a bust because of injury. Unless you claimed he was an injury risk. Did you warn people Mark Ingram would be a wasted pick as well?
:clyde:
So, you knew he was an injury risk? How about Cruz, are you going to spout off about him being a wasted pick too?

So going forward what do people think? Is he pretty much done? In dynasty I'm looking at next year or the year after being my championship window and might throw out some feelers to the Moreno owner who is looking to win it this year.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's James Walker doesn't expect Miami to bring back free agent Knowshon Moreno.
Coming off his injury-filled 2014, the Dolphins plan to move on from Moreno. He settled for a one-year deal last offseason and will likely struggle to find guaranteed money. Moreno is four months removed from ACL surgery.

Source: ESPN.com
Feb 4 - 7:49 PM

I don't know why, but I still like this dude. Probably because so many people think he's worthless.

Anyone kicking his tires? Any reports of him getting healthy? Or is NFL career cooked?

I don't know why, but I still like this dude. Probably because so many people think he's worthless.

Anyone kicking his tires? Any reports of him getting healthy? Or is NFL career cooked?

The guy should have never left Peyton Manning's side. He pretty much ended his career with that bonehead move. He was never a match for Lamar Miller. He was lucky he got hurt and didn't have to end up getting benched. Once the Alzheimer inflicted coaching staff figured out that Miller is the #1, he performed.

Is monk still floating around this forum because holy cow did that guy swing and miss.

The guy should have never left Peyton Manning's side. He pretty much ended his career with that bonehead move. He was never a match for Lamar Miller. He was lucky he got hurt and didn't have to end up getting benched. Once the Alzheimer inflicted coaching staff figured out that Miller is the #1, he performed.Is monk still floating around this forum because holy cow did that guy swing and miss.
First of all, leaving Denver wasn't Moreno's choice -- they didn't want him back. Second, 24-134-1 in week one. It's entirely possible that Moreno would have been the 1K RB in Miami last year had he not gotten hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread