What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (10 Viewers)

rigging for the oil ****s at the death
Don't think it's that clear cut, no.
Just seen the incident, it's a penalty, you can't use a high foot and contact a player like that, it's a free kick anywhere else on the pitch, that Doku got the ball first is a complete irrelevance
Did Doku actually get the ball? I was getting distracted by a 2 year old who won’t nap but it didn’t look like it

Bet at least one of these teams ends the season well... guessing the winner ends up on 88 or 89 points -- 8-1-1 or 8-2-0 or something like that.

Not sure how that wasn't given
I don't understand. MacAllister is right in front of him. Doku still gets his foot up, chest height, missed the ball, kicks MacAllister, and that's just incidental coming together?
When I saw it live I thought the ref must have thought it was embellished (MacAllister was rolling around far too long). But he clearly got him in the chest and grazed a thigh with the studs.

It was a Lenglet-level stupidity at the death.

rigging for the oil ****s at the death
Don't think it's that clear cut, no.
Just seen the incident, it's a penalty, you can't use a high foot and contact a player like that, it's a free kick anywhere else on the pitch, that Doku got the ball first is a complete irrelevance
Did Doku actually get the ball? I was getting distracted by a 2 year old who won’t nap but it didn’t look like it
It looks like he got the slightest touch on it, but, as stated, if you're going into a challenge with your foot chest-high and then actually go through the opponent, you can win the ball and make it sing and dance, it's still a pen

I don't understand how Klopp's teams are able to press City when no one else on the planet can do it. But it happens game after game that City just don't have enough time to find each other for significant portions of the 90 when they play Liverpool.

Arsenal pulled that out in pretty non arsenal ways... Grit, determination, backbone.

Top of the table, quarter finals of CL... Kinda fun for us neutrals to see them back and adding a third voice to the top of the table

I turned it on at halftime of ET. Bonkers
I had to leave for Sunday league with 10 to go in reg time. Had it on the radio and OMFG! What a time for Anthony and Diallo to score and for Rashford to make up for his misses.

Que Sera Sera!
Whatever will be will be
We're going to Wembley!!!!

Endrick just became the youngest player in history to score a senior international goal at Wembley.

Youngest Brazilian to score for Brazil since OG Ronaldo

Some are saying the Austria goal today was the fastest international goal ever

Looks like it might have beaten Florian Wirtz's goal for Germany against France yesterday by a second.
Trying to find a clip online.
Looks like the tiny difference in time comes from Germany initially playing a short ball back before going forward where as Austria went forward immediately.

Last edited:
Listening to some of the discussion this morning on England v Brazil

"Southgate says it could have been 1-1. Really it could have also been 3-0. Vini and Endrick missed 1v1s, Maguire gave the ball away 17 yards out". :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread