What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Trey Benson, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Eric Froton
FSU 2024 NFL Draft RB Trey Benson’s receiving ability is better than advertised.

His seasonal receiving grades of 58.6 and 59.1 are disappointing marks fueled by an 11.1% drop rate

But here he is smoothly catching tough passes with an 82.3% overall catch rate and explosiveness:

Jeremy @PopesFFH
Trey Benson drastically improved his vision and patience year-over-year.

Demonstrated below⬇️: He gets in tight to the OL avoiding the edge pressure, and stays patient allowing the guard to seal the edge and then goes to work with his quick and explosive north and south speed.

Benson is going to be in the talk for the top back taken in the NFL draft.

The more I think about Trey Benson the more I don't like him. He never seemed to be the best player on the field. He had 6 games under 4 yards per carry. The first game of the season against a horrible LSU defense he looked bad. Against that defense he should have had 200 yards. All of this disregarding his 2020 injury. So after 3 years removed from that, for me he didn't do enough. During December of 2020, Benson suffered a catastrophic knee injury that tore his ACL, MCL, both his lateral and medial meniscus, and his gracilis tendon (hamstring).

I would rather roll the dice on someone like Bucky Irving or Audric Estime later. Some have him either the #1 or #2 RB in this class. I'm not seeing it.

Nick Penticoff
Trey Benson is currently my RB2.

Hayden Winks
Trey Benson is very fast for being listed 223

Nate Tice
not how I thought this run was going to end up when Trey Benson got the pitch

Ben Fennell
The Trey Benson Experience.

'Make 6 defenders miss for 4 yards'

Matt Waldman
Trey Benson can smoke a secondary.

#NFLDraft

Brett Whitefield
This run from Trey Benson is just silly.

I know #3 takes a poor angle but Benson being able to side shuffle while keeping his hips mostly north/south is beautiful.

Austin Abbott
Trey Benson made some BIG money at the NFL Combine

He scored a 9.78 out of 10.00 on his RAS score, ranking 40th out of 1745 RB's from 1987 to 2024.

📍40 time: 4.39 (97th%)
📍Size: 6'0, 216 lbs

For what it's worth:

Breece Hall ran a 4.39 (5'11, 217 lbs)
Jonathan Taylor ran a 4.39 (5'10, 226 lbs)

Keep in mind:

Trey Benson played in 28 collegiate games, 0 career fumbles. TOP TIER ball security, elite 6.9 YPC as a sophomore, and very PROMISING vision.

Superb outside blocker, BIG frame, can be a legitimate 3 down back due to his size, sheer strength, and speed.

➖1,132 Yards, 15 TD's in 2023
➖6.4 YPC (83rd%)

I firmly believe that Trey Benson will be the 1st RB off the board in the 2024 NFL Draft.

This is someone that the "analysts" are starting to move up their boards. Seems to be ranked higher every week.

This is someone that the "analysts" are starting to move up their boards. Seems to be ranked higher every week.
I don't love Benson, but with Brooks injury, Corum's lack of explosiveness, and Wright's gimmicky offense, I think he could be the top RB drafted.

I see an explosive guy, who can pinball off tacklers, but has very little elusiveness. I like all the RBs I listed above more than him, but if he ends up in Dallas, he should probably be the top RB in rookie drafts.

I like him more than I liked Cam Akers, though I thought Akers should have been a day 3 pick in his class.

Awesome landing spot.

Conner will be 29 in a week, and 30 before next season. He should take over the backfield in 2025.

He should have a role this year. Conner can't stay healthy as is, I don't think he's going to be able to wishstand 20+ touches per game.

Users who are viewing this thread