What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The middle-aged dummies are forming a band called "Blanket"! It's a cover band. (6 Viewers)

So after this, I get a concerned comment quoting mine. It's a dude from that group. He proceeds to tell me that I should be more worried about people who hold sexist and misogynsitic attitudes and that he found my comment strange. He informs me that nobody uses the allegations of sexism or misogyny as a weapon or tactic (even though they had done just that the other night, which I saw, but I haven't divulged that I saw it) and that sort of thinking menat that I'd bought into "a trope." Actually, I'll send you guys the link to the pages and you can see how it turns out.

You can start on page nine and proceed. One thing: One of the main guys that started to grill me, would say something politically charged and then delete it later because you can't talk politics over in that forum, so if it seems like I'm responding to something not there, I am. What a weird little gaslit hour and half I just had. These people are truly the bee's knees. And the journos and others wonder if **** like this is real and if it goes on in certain polticial circles. It indeed apparently does. Holy crow.

Story has a fine ending so far. No worries.

Last edited:
Tay Tay is serious business

In all seriousness, over there you have to be really careful how you criticize female pop artists. I've seen sociopolitical reprimands happen at the drop of a hat. I'm a little amazed by it, but I also generally can and have gotten along. i wasn't going to let these guys do that to people without interjecting myself into the situation once I found out, though. Illiberal packs enforcing orthodoxies through goading people into getting modded out, or just going for humiliation and shame is ridiculous.

What a bunch of ****tards.

Last edited:
It actually starts on Page 8 over there if anyone is interested in watching a group of people attempt to gaslight somebody in real time.

In all serious, over there you have to be really careful how you criticize female pop artists. I've seen sociopolitical reprimands happen at the drop of a hat. I'm a little amazed by it, but I also generally can and have gotten along. i wasn't going to let these guys do that to people without interjecting myself into the situation once I found out, though. Illiberal packs enforcing orthodoxies through goading people into getting modded out, or just going for humiliation and shame is ridiculous.

I spend most of my time with Mrs. Eephus and ditkaburgers so I try to stay on my best, non-patriarchal behavior.

I remember when **** like that used to bother me and i would be all in, guns blazing.
Now? Lifes too short for stuff like that.
In the grand scheme of things @rockaction, it dont mean nothing.
2010 JML empathises and gets involved.
2024 JML ….ooooh thats a nice flower over there

I'm chill. Just needed to tell the story. I can't believe that people still do stuff to other people like this, but I should expect **** like that to happen, I guess.

eta* I might indeed need to get out more now that I think about it

Last edited:
I remember when **** like that used to bother me and i would be all in, guns blazing.
Now? Lifes too short for stuff like that.
In the grand scheme of things @rockaction, it dont mean nothing.
2010 JML empathises and gets involved.
2024 JML ….ooooh thats a nice flower over there

I'm chill. Just needed to tell the story. I can't believe that people still do stuff to other people like this, but I should expect **** like that to happen, I guess.

eta* I might indeed need to get out more now that I think about it
Try to imagine how sad these people are that this is their entire life.

Freedom Highway - I dig hometown girl's rendition of this Staple Singers song. Rhiannon is super talented, and I like
It actually starts on Page 8 over there if anyone is interested in watching a group of people attempt to gaslight somebody in real time.
Do you want me to sprinkle some whoopass dust on them with my magic wand? 🧚‍♀️
So THAT'S what's in those cans :D
What's in those cans is a base that is mixed with something else that I can't say. 🤐You don't want to come in contact with it ⚠️ ☣️

- Rhiannon does a great job on her rendition of "Freedom Highway." She is super talented, and I like how she loves to explore her roots via music. She is a hometown girl, and one time when I saw her, her sister joined her on stage. Her sister can sing too, and their voices together was awesome.
- I've never heard of Green River, but their cover of "Queen Bitch" is bitchin'!
- The Troggs cover of "Wild Thing" is fun, and it reminds me of college. A band called The Usuals always played it.
- Weezer's cover of "Africa" is good. I've never heard a bad cover of this tune.
- Led Zeppelin's cover of "Dazed and Confused" is smothered and covered in the blues. I love it.
- Jeff Buckley's voice is like a fine wine on his cover of "Lilac Wine." His voice doesn't sound like Freddie Mercury, but his vocal style has elements of Freddie's, and I wonder what a duet between the two would have sounded like. Anyway, great cover and vocals.
- The Beat's cover of "Tears of a Clown" is upbeat and fun. This is an unpopular opinion, and I love Smokey, but the intro to his version has always sounded like creepy clown music to me. I like The Beat's intro better.
- "Tryin' To Get To Heaven" by Phosporescent is great. I like his style.
- Grateful Dead's live cover of "New Minglewood Blues" has the spinners out in full force. 💃🕺
- The spinners whirl and twirl their way right over to dance to Santana's cover of "Oye Como Va."
- Blue Man Group looks over at the spinners and says, "You better hold on to your love beads," and then blast into their energized cover of "I Feel Love."
- Yo La Tengo puts some fuel injection into the Beach Boy's "Little Honda," which gives it some great get-up-and-go! :drive:

Last edited:
GUYS!?!?!

We have a very special day tomorrow. Pretty pretty special.

I looked back at the British Isles countdown to see what we had termed this special event, and I was reminded that we came up with a term in large part due to ditkaburgers' participation in that countdown. That will not do for this countdown, where ditka has shunned us.

And so I've had to come up with a new term.

ANNOUNCE: From this day forward, any song that is selected four times in the same round will be termed a "Dummy's Grand Slam Breakfast." That's right, singular "dummy" in order to maintain its hilarious similarity to "Denny's." Hilarious, I tellz ya.

Tomorrow, we will have our first Dummy's Grand Slam Breakfast. And it's for a cover that has not previously appeared on the official countdown!!!111oneoneone

There's some other interesting stuff coming up tomorrow, but I don't want to steal the spotlight from the Dummy's Grand Slam Breakfast.

Last edited:
- "(Oh) Pretty Woman" - I like this version by Van Halen, including the intro "Intruder" that Val mentioned (but is absent from here). It reminds me of my senior year in high school. The Diver Down album was playing in the background when a guy that I was great friends with asked me if he could kiss me. I had a crush on him, and I didn't think he liked me like I liked him. I was happy to be wrong. I remember "Little Guitars" was playing when we kissed. 🎆
- The Bird and The Bee's cover of "I Can't Go For That" has a smoothness about it. I can see this being played on American Bandstand, and the people are all around doing their smooth moves to it.
- There is a lot of energy in the The Feelies cover of "Everybody's Got Something To Hide (Except Me and My Monkey)." 🙉
- Celine's voice is strong in her cover of "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." I hope she gets well and finds some peace.
- The Righteous Brothers cover of "Unchained Melody" is a great goldie oldie classic.
- I wasn't familiar with Lauper's "Change of Heart" or the original. I listened to Lauper's cover and both of Essra Mohawk's versions Doug posted, and I love the slower "organ-drenched bluesy" version by Essra.
- Laura Branigan's cover of "Gloria" reminds me of the early 80s.
- Westlife puts forth a good effort in their cover of "I Have A Dream." I like ABBA's original the best.
- Yes takes ya on a trip with their cover of "America."
- Kirsty MacColl brings some pop to her cover of Billy Bragg's "A New England."
- Johnny Cash brings his soul to his cover of "In My Life."

Last edited:
I think I'm in the Dummy's Grand Slam Breakfast.

Chalk pick? Yes.
Not appeared yet in the proper countdown? Yes.
Appeared in Last 5 Out (which krista's wording implies it does)? Yes.

I think I'm in the Dummy's Grand Slam Breakfast.

Chalk pick? Yes.
Not appeared yet in the proper countdown? Yes.
Appeared in Last 5 Out (which krista's wording implies it does)? Yes.

I looked over the list and thought there were three new songs that people might think could reasonably be the one. Yours was one of those.

"(Oh) Pretty Woman" - I like this version by Van Halen, including the intro "Intruder" that Val mentioned (but is absent from here). It reminds me of my senior year in high school.

Reminds me of High School, too - I was a junior that year. Class of '83, woo!

"(Oh) Pretty Woman" - I like this version by Van Halen, including the intro "Intruder" that Val mentioned (but is absent from here). It reminds me of my senior year in high school.

Reminds me of High School, too - I was a junior that year. Class of '83, woo!
I'm the class of '84. :grad: That romantic encounter happened a couple years after the album came out (in '82).

Last edited:
Twenty-Three-Point Selections:
PART ONE:

Uruk-Hai:

Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston (Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes)
Song: two votes – Thelma Houston (1); Communards (1)
Cover artist: first vote
Original artist: two votes – Don’t Leave Me This Way (2)

titusbramble:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (Leonard Cohen)
Song: four votes – Jeff Buckley (3); Pentatonix (1)
Cover artist: four votes – Hallelujah (3); Lilac Wine (1)
Original artist: five votes – Hallelujah (4); Chelsea Hotel No. 2 (1)

Pip’s Invitation:

You Really Got Me – Van Halen (The Kinks)
Song: first, second, third and fourth votes today – Van Halen (4)
Cover artist: seven votes – You Really Got Me (4); Pretty Woman (1); Ice Cream Man (1); Man on the Silver Mountain (1)
Original artist: seven votes – You Really Got Me (4); David Watts (1); Act Nice and Gentle (1); Apeman (1)

Dr. Octopus:

I Shall Be Released - Wilco and Fleet Foxes (Robert Zimmerman)
Song: first vote
Cover artist: first vote for Fleet Foxes; Wilco: two votes – I Shall Be Released (1); I Am Not Willing (1)
Original artist: 43 votes – All Along the Watchtower (6); Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door (4); Make You Feel My Love (2); I Shall Be Released (1); Tryin’ to Get to Heaven (1); You Got to Serve Somebody (1); Heart of Mine (1); Blowin’ in the Wind (1); Buckets of Rain (1); Girl from the North Country (1); You’re a Big Girl Now (1); A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall (1); This Wheel’s on Fire (1); Mr. Tambourine Man (1); If Not for You (1); Simple Twist of Fate (1); Subterranean Homesick Blues (1); It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (1); Standing in the Doorway (1); Positively Fourth Street (1); Thunder on the Mountain (1); Most of the Time (1); Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again (1); Jokerman (1); Ring Them Bells (1); Hurricane (1); The Man in Me (1); Forever Young (1); Sweetheart Like You (1); Everything Is Broken (1); Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright (1); Ballad of a Thin Man (1); If You See Her, Say Hello (1); Mozambique (1)

simey:

Summertime - Doc & Merle Watson (Helen Jepson)
Song: two votes – Doc & Merle Watson (1); The Zombies (1)
Cover artist: first vote each
Original artist: two votes – Summertime (2)

Just Win Baby:

Take Me to the River - Talking Heads (Al Green)
Song: six votes – Talking Heads (6)
Cover artist: six votes - Take Me to the River (6)
Original artist: six votes - Take Me to the River (6)

Galileo:

You Really Got Me - Van Halen (The Kinks)
Cover artist: seven votes – You Really Got Me (4); Pretty Woman (1); Ice Cream Man (1); Man on the Silver Mountain (1)
Original artist: seven votes – You Really Got Me (4); David Watts (1); Act Nice and Gentle (1); Apeman (1)

Don Quixote:

Needles and Pins - The Searchers (Jackie DeShannon)
Song: two votes – The Searchers (1); The Ramones (1)
Original artist: three votes – Needles and Pins (2); Bette Davis Eyes (1)

simsarge:

Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Judy Garland)
Original artist: first vote

Charlie Steiner:

Man of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys (traditional)
Song: three votes – The Soggy Bottom Boys (1); Home Free (1); Alison Krauss and Union Station (1)
Original artist: N/A

JMLs secret identity:

Hey Hey Helen - Lush (Abba)
Original artist: 22 votes – Hey Hey Helen (1); I Have a Dream (1); The Winner Takes It All (1); The Day Before You Came (1); Hasta Manana (1); Thank Abba for the Music Medley (1); Summer Night City (1); Eagle (1); Bang en Boomerang (1); Dancing Queen (1); Super Trouper (1); Knowing Me, Knowing You (1); Mamma Mia (1); The Name of the Game (1); Ring Ring (1); Rock Me (1); Does Your Mother Know (1); Angel Eyes (1); Our Last Summer (1); When All Is Said and Done (1); Waterloo (1); Voulez Vous (1)

zamboni:

Africa - Mike Masse (Toto)
Song: four votes – Mike Masse (2); Weezer (1); Angel City Chorale (1)
Cover artist: two votes – Africa (1)
Original artist: four votes – Africa (4)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

The Metro - System of a Down (Berlin)

Ilov80s:

Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding (Ray Noble Orchestra)
Cover artist: two votes – Try a Little Tenderness (1); (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1)

Eephus:

Darkness, Darkness - Robert Plant (The Youngbloods)
Cover artist: two votes – Darkness, Darkness (1); Killing the Blues (1)

The Dreaded Marco:

Dead Souls - Nine Inch Nails (Joy Division)
Song: two votes – Nine Inch Nails (2)
Cover artist: three votes – Dead Souls (2); Get Down Make Love (1)
Original artist: four votes – Dead Souls (2); Interzone (1); Blue Monday (1)

New Binky the Doormat:

Tainted Love - Soft Cell (Gloria Jones)
Song: four votes – Soft Cell (4)
Cover artist: four votes – Tainted Love (4)
Original artist: four votes – Tainted Love (4)

Andy Dufresne:

Twenty-Three-Point Selections:
PART TWO:

Hawks64:

The Maker - Dave Matthews Band (Daniel Lanois)
Cover artist: 15 votes – All Along the Watchtower (2); The Maker (1); Long Black Veil (1); Exodus (1); Down by the River (1); Take Me to Tomorrow (1); Time of the Season (1); Still Water (1); Melissa (1); Super Freak (1); Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (1); Burning Down the House (1); Kashmir (1); In My Life (1)
Original artist: two votes – The Maker (1); Still Water (1)

rockaction:

Jolene – White Stripes (Dolly Parton)
Song: four votes – The White Stripes (3); Left Hand Solution (1)
Cover artist: four votes – Jolene (3); I Just Don’t Know What to Do with Myself (1)
Original artist: four votes – Jolene (4)

Scoresman:

Teardrop - Jose Gonzalez (Massive Attack)

Raging weasel:

Welcome to the Machine – Shadows Fall (Pink Floyd)
Original artist: five votes – Welcome to the Machine (1); Comfortably Numb (1); Another Brick in the Wall (1); See Emily Play (1); Have a Cigar (1)

scorchy:

Ball of Confusion - Love and Rockets (The Temptations)
Original artist: four votes – Ball of Confusion (1); Get Ready (1); Smiling Faces Sometimes (1); Ma (1)

Mrs. Rannous:

Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson)
Song: four votes – Alien Ant Farm (4)
Cover artist: four votes – Smooth Criminal (4)
Original artist: five votes – Smooth Criminal (4); Thriller (1)

Mt. Man:

Mister CIA:

Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Song: four votes – Ike & Tina Turner (4)
Cover artist: five votes – Proud Mary (4); Whole Lotta Love (1)
Original artist: five votes – Proud Mary (4); Rising Moon Reel (1)

Val Rannous:

Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica (Traditional)
Song: two votes – Metallica (2)
Cover artist: five votes – Whiskey in the Jar (2); Turn the Page (2); The Wait (1)
Original artist: N/A

landrys hat:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Otis Redding (Rolling Stones)
Song: three votes – Devo (2); Otis Redding (1)
Cover artist: two votes – Try a Little Tenderness (1); (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1)
Original artist: nine votes – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (3); Dead Flowers (2); Loving Cup (1); Wild Horses (1); Street Fighting Man (1); Honky Tonk Women (1)

shuke:

Loser/National Anthem/In The Air Tonight mashup - Umphrey's McGee (Beck/Radiohead/Phil Collins)
Song: first vote each
Cover artist: five votes (five mashups I’m not going to type out)
Original artist: Beck: two votes – Loser (1); Rowboat (1)
Radiohead: eight votes – Knives Out (2); National Anthem (1); Optimistic (1); Paranoid Android (1); Exit Music (1); Airbag (1); Let Down (1)
Collins: first vote

Doug B:

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Stevie Wonder)
Song: three votes – Red Hot Chili Peppers (3)
Cover artist: three votes – Higher Ground (3)
Original artist: six votes – Higher Ground (3); Boogie on Reggae Woman (1); Superstition (1); Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You) (1)

DrIanMalcolm:

Light My Fire - The Four Tops (The Doors)
Original artist: two votes – Light My Fire (1); People Are Strange (1)

Chaos34:

Six More Miles - Mike Ness (Hank Williams)
Cover artist: two votes – Six More Miles (1); Once a Day (1)
Original artist: two votes – Six More Miles (1); Take These Chains from My Heart (1); Honky Tonk Blues (1)

higgins:

Redemption Song - Richard Bona (Bob Marley)
Original artist: five votes – I Shot the Sheriff (2); Redemption Song (1); Exodus (1); No Woman No Cry (1)

Oliver Humanzee:

Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer (Eddie Cochran)
Song: two votes – Blue Cheer (2)
Cover artist: two votes – Summertime Blues (2)
Original artist: three votes – Summertime Blues (2); Somethin’ Else (1)

krista4:

The Dark End of the Street – The Flying Burrito Brothers (James Carr)
Song: two votes – The Flying Burrito Brothers (2)
Cover artist: two votes – The Dark End of the Street (2)
Original artist: two votes – The Dark End of the Street (2)

zamboni:

Africa - Mike Masse (Toto)
Song: four votes – Mike Masse (2); Weezer (1); Angel City Chorale (1)
Cover artist: two votes – Africa (1)
Original artist: four votes – Africa (4)
Didn't realize that Masse's pizza joint cover of "Africa" would be taken by others.

I originally planned to go with this cover (Spotify) instead (taking a chance that it's not coming) and should have stuck with it - oh well.

9. Man of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys (Bob Dylan Traditional)

First, it gives me great pleasure to set the record straight in the song's origin; the song actually existed as early as the 1910's as 'Farewell Song' and passed through many hands before Zimmerman got his hands on it.

Second, I placed this here because I'm a sucker for Coen Brothers movies, and this was the perfect song for this particular movie.

Third, As for the credited Soggy Bottom Boys, singer Dan Tyminski and his accompaniment, Pat Enright and Harley Allen, were excellent choices to provide the vocals.

Finally, I was going to rant about how this is not a very good example of bluegrass, but it's not considered bluegrass and rather country instead, so I can live with that.

Uruk-Hai:

Song: two votes – Thelma Houston (1); Communards (1)
Original artist: two votes – Don’t Leave Me This Way (2)
I posted earlier about a Philly International record that started as bedroom pop (Third World covering the O'Jays' "Now That We Found Love") and how they changed it into an "Up With People" world anthem.

This one goes the other way. The Blue Notes' original was not their best, but it's slinky and sexy. Thelma Houston didn't try to make it something else, but leaned into the original vibe. The opening hums are as erotic as music can get, there are swirling strings, the 4/4 beat - it's like a Jaguar running on all 12 cylinders. This sound would soon ossify into what many called Disco.

Except Houston churches the whole thing up with her singing. This is another that works better coming from a female perspective. Thelma Houston isn't kidding around here.

This was a monster record in terms of sales and influence.

Uruk-Hai:

This one goes the other way. The Blue Notes' original was not their best, but it's slinky and sexy. Thelma Houston didn't try to make it something else, but leaned into the original vibe. The opening hums are as erotic as music can get, there are swirling strings, the 4/4 beat - it's like a Jaguar running on all 12 cylinders. This sound would soon ossify into what many called Disco.

Except Houston churches the whole thing up with her singing. This is another that works better coming from a female perspective. Thelma Houston isn't kidding around here.
🪩 This is my favorite "disco" song. I love her voice, the bass, the beat, the groove, the intro, the chorus, everything!

Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer (Eddie Cochran)
Song: two votes – Blue Cheer (2)
Cover artist: two votes – Summertime Blues (2)
Original artist: three votes – Summertime Blues (2); Somethin’ Else (1)

I really should have seen this one coming. Total guitar sludge and a slowed-down cover of a classic that became a classic to the Seattle musicians of around '88. Mudhoney wore their Blue Cheer influence right on their thermal underwear.

Uruk-Hai:

🪩 This is my favorite "disco" song. I love her voice, the bass, the beat, the groove, the intro, the chorus, everything!
Have you heard Blue Man Group cover "I Feel Love"? I now have a new favorite.

Except that if we do another of these, the disco cover I completely forgot will be on my list.

Last edited:
simsarge:

Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Judy Garland)
Im surprised this song hasnt been mentioned yet.
Many great covers of it. Will have to check this one out
titusbramble:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (Leonard Cohen)
Song: four votes – Jeff Buckley (3); Pentatonix (1)
Cover artist: four votes – Hallelujah (3); Lilac Wine (1)
Original artist: five votes – Hallelujah (4); Chelsea Hotel No. 2 (1)
Also surprised this one hasnt hit more often.
This is one that I shouldnt have included, but deliberately didnt.
Depends on my mood
scorchy:

Ball of Confusion - Love and Rockets (The Temptations)
Original artist: four votes – Ball of Confusion (1); Get Ready (1); Smiling Faces Sometimes (1); Ma (1)
One of my last five out. Love it

23 Points - The Metro - System of a Down (Berlin)
Original

One of my top 10 songs of all time. I love the way Terri Nunn enunciates “Sorry” in the different versions and live versions out there. The Sorry line has multiple layers to it. This song is everything great about early 80s synth pop. I love dragging this song out when people say they are fans of this type of music. Almost always gets a great reaction.

Cover

I almost ****t my pants when i heard that System of a Down did a cover of this song. Not really similar genres of music, but I quite liked SOAD. They were a good mix of serious, fun and energy. They made this great song their own, without losing the charm of the original.

Originals 8 - Covers 15. Original wins this round, although SOAD earn a top 10 cover spot. Just cant beat the original here.

Next up a Song similar to the Metro. The original song is one of my top 3 of all time. I did take the cover in one of the World drafts, but the original ****s all over this one.

23 Points - Hey Hey Helen - Lush (Abba)
Original

This is a real early track from Abba and quite twee. Eminently forgettable. Its inclusion here is because the cover is amazing

Cover

Lush should have been massive. Photogenic, great sound and vibe at the perfect time. 90s girl power pop. Maybe @Eephus can tell me why they werent. Having said that, i do not own any if their material, but everything I have heard is a winner. This cover just blows the original out of the water. It finds life where there was none in the original. Highly recommended.

Abba - 17 - Cover 6. The cover wins here and it may be the biggest gap between the cover being better than the original.

Next up we get a superstar thats mega in musical theatre doing one of Abbas most iconic songs that almost got ignored during their heyday. We thank you.

Lush should have been massive. Photogenic, great sound and vibe at the perfect time. 90s girl power pop. Maybe @Eephus can tell me why they werent.

They were pretty big in the UK. They never broke the States because they came out when everybody here was into Grunge. None of the UK Shoegaze bands had any success to speak of at the time.

Miki Berenyi is touring the US in a few months in a band with her husband and one of the guys from Modern English.

Lush should have been massive. Photogenic, great sound and vibe at the perfect time. 90s girl power pop. Maybe @Eephus can tell me why they werent.

They were pretty big in the UK. They never broke the States because they came out when everybody here was into Grunge. None of the UK Shoegaze bands had any success to speak of at the time.

Miki Berenyi is touring the US in a few months in a band with her husband and one of the guys from Modern English.
Interesting. Thanks
I read a lot of British music press in the 80s and 90s and they always seemed popular with music journos who like me, could hear potential greatness that was never realised.
Funnily enough they had 9 charting songs in the UK, but none made the top 20 with several stalling just outside it. Two top 10 albums though

I wish I woulda signed up for this one! I'm gonna try to listen to some of the ones that pique my interest.

I haven't looked at the whole thing yet, but I've only found one song so far, that would be on my list......Nirvanas version of Where did you sleep last night.

Hey! I'm glad to see you in the thread. Sometime in the future we're going to do another one for everyone's 31 favorite albums, so I hope you'll join that!

Interesting NYT article about the upcoming auction of some items from Pattie Boyd (ex-wife of friends of the thread George Harrison and Eric Clapton), including love letters from Clapton. Say what you want about him, but he had excellent penmanship. I've gifted the article here for those without a subscription.

I wish I woulda signed up for this one! I'm gonna try to listen to some of the ones that pique my interest.

I haven't looked at the whole thing yet, but I've only found one song so far, that would be on my list......Nirvanas version of Where did you sleep last night.

Hey! I'm glad to see you in the thread. Sometime in the future we're going to do another one for everyone's 31 favorite albums, so I hope you'll join that!
Bet I can work some Steinman in there, too.

Users who are viewing this thread