What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Rams at Lions (-3, 51.5), SNF Wild Card Weekend Game #5** (1 Viewer)

Trivia - Name the only QB to beat a team in the playoffs for which he has played in the playoffs.

Bonus - did that QB ever win a game in the playoffs for the previous team?

🤔🤔🤔

Was it in the Super Bowl era?

Only one I could find in my data was Jack Kemp, who QB'd the Buffalo Bills to a win in the AFL Championship in 1965 over the San Diego Chargers, a team he had taken to the playoffs in 1960 and 1961 (but lost both times).
The answer will be revealed later today.

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

TE Sam LaPorta is officially active

Detroit Lions inactives:

WR Kalif Raymond
S Tracy Walker
OLB Julian Okwara
OLB Charles Harris
CB Steven Gilmore
DT Brodric Martin
QB Hendon Hooker (emergency QB)

Thanks BobbyLayne. For some reason FBG doesn't have the usual gameday inactive updates unless I'm missing it somewhere.

Trivia - Name the only QB to beat a team in the playoffs for which he has played in the playoffs.

Bonus - did that QB ever win a game in the playoffs for the previous team?

🤔🤔🤔

Was it in the Super Bowl era?

Only one I could find in my data was Jack Kemp, who QB'd the Buffalo Bills to a win in the AFL Championship in 1965 over the San Diego Chargers, a team he had taken to the playoffs in 1960 and 1961 (but lost both times).
The answer will be revealed later today.

Ken Stabler played Oakland in the playoffs as an Oiler, but lost.

I am 62 years old and have been a fan since the late 60s. I have never been more excited for a Lions game than I am for this one. I can't even put into words how bad I want the Lions to win this game.
You and me both, I'm also 62! My Lions memories go back to the Dempsey kick. Huge opportunity tonight, just don't want Dan Gamble to do something stupid to jeopardize the game.

get HYPED
I am 62 years old and have been a fan since the late 60s. I have never been more excited for a Lions game than I am for this one. I can't even put into words how bad I want the Lions to win this game.
You and me both, I'm also 62! My Lions memories go back to the Dempsey kick. Huge opportunity tonight, just don't want Dan Gamble to do something stupid to jeopardize the game.

Turn 62 this summer. Dempsey was the first heartbreaker. I also remember Lem Barney getting a pick 6 off Bart Starr in his first game (1967) - don’t remember much from 67-69, that 1970 playoff team was probably the first year I watched every game. Great Thanksgiving Day game; down 0-14 very early, won 28-14.

Been seeing a lot of videos on IG & X of people tailgating + inside the stadium. Crowd is gonna be so hype!

I wish I had more confidence in our defense. Hutch has come on the last few weeks strong, but i think he gets doubled all day. Detroit is going to have to be perfect on offense to win this game.

I want to root for the Lions but a Rams win would be better for the Bucs if they manage to beat Philly at home this week, re-match of sorts with the Rams-Playoffs
A Detroit win and the Bucs or Philly would play them next week, no weather issues which helps

Lions 28...they don't kick field Goals
Rams 27

Hope this is an entertaining game

Torn on this one and wish they hadn't drawn each other in this round.

Love the Lions, and as a Bears fan, I've always felt a little kinship with the Lions with how dominant Green Bay/Minnesota have been the last 30-ish seasons, other than a couple seasons.

On the other hand, I think the world of Stafford/Kupp/McVay and as much as people were surprised by the Texans playoff run, I think the Rams were even more surprising, given their division and how they seemed to be tearing it down.

I guess I'm rooting for the Rams, because who knows how many years Stafford/Donald etc. have left in them.

And where was Collinsowrth last night?
Tirico managed to call the game in an icebox last night in KC, gets his *** up to Detroit tonight and is ready to terrorize the fans at home
What is CC's excuse?

It's time to hang it up CC, it really is. You aren't very good in the booth any more, you were at one time when you said what was actually on your mind and not kissing the NFL seal but that was a long long time ago.

NBC needs a total reboot on the folks they have in studio and booth, they get 1 game a week and can barely handle that
On the flip side, the best thing NBC does football related is Mathew Berry and his FF podcast or show I catch on Youtube

So far all 3 games have been kinda decided by a QB laying an egg. If that happens tonight, I feel like its more likely to be Goff.

And where was Collinsowrth last night?
Tirico managed to call the game in an icebox last night in KC, gets his *** up to Detroit tonight and is ready to terrorize the fans at home
What is CC's excuse?

It's time to hang it up CC, it really is. You aren't very good in the booth any more, you were at one time when you said what was actually on your mind and not kissing the NFL seal but that was a long long time ago.

NBC needs a total reboot on the folks they have in studio and booth, they get 1 game a week and can barely handle that
On the flip side, the best thing NBC does football related is Mathew Berry and his FF podcast or show I catch on Youtube
Now here’s a guy who gets it.

I’m excited for this game. STL is the team no one wants to face in the playoffs.

DET playing their 1st home playoff in 30 years? Energized, young roster?

Let’s go!!!!

How do you make the All Pro team but not the pro bowl ? That makes no sense it is much harder to make all pro team.

How do you make the All Pro team but not the pro bowl ? That makes no sense it is much harder to make all pro team.
Pro Bowl is largely fan vote. Neither are foolproof as evidenced by Zack Martin being an all-pro this season.

Users who are viewing this thread