What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (7 Viewers)

I don’t know man. I think the chances are very good that Belichick would come here.

To be clear, I don’t want Sirianni fired, and I don’t want BB to come here. However, the Eagles organization from Lurie to Howie has always seemed to be interested in doing things the Patriots way. You’ve already got Matt Patricia, his best defensive coordinator of the past, in the building. You’ve got Josh McDaniels, his best offensive coordinator of years past, out there are not working currently. And let’s be honest, Belichick wants to go somewhere that he can rip off 15 wins and break Don Shula’s record. This team would offer that right out of the gate. He’s not looking to build a new team, he’s looking to win now.

Jeff Lurie is "taking a more active interest in football operations"

Team is cooked lol.

Team is cooked lol.

Big changes coming
To be fair that is a McLane report so take it with a grain of salt.
I normally would if there weren't like a million other signals of impending doom for the team.

From bleacher report

“While this would typically be cause for concern, it's possible that Brown is just locking in for the playoffs”

Nothing to see here, he’s just getting in the zone

“As if the #Eagles needed more drama and weird vibes going into a playoff game. AJ Brown has deleted all of his Eagles related posts on his Instagram”

Smh
He also deactivated his twitter account as well.

*This is fine meme*
Well, ****.

He did this last year before the playoffs as well
Right. I just think there is too much smoke to ignore. Seems the team is about to completely crumble/collapse and then the entire coaching staff to be incinerated.

Prob should wait to see if BJ gets a HC gig first though IMO.

Jalen Hurts said today he has not thrown since his finger injury on Sunday.

"Obviously, leaving that game and attempting to go back in that game probably wasn’t physically the best idea. ... Time will tell with that. I can assure you everything is progressing the right way."
Now he's a Drama Queen ? Already has his excuse ready
Are you stating the injury he had was not real?

"Obviously, leaving that game and attempting to go back in that game probably wasn’t physically the best idea. ... Time will tell with that. I can assure you everything is progressing the right way."
Lol, his middle finger looked like Harry Potter's scar and he still went back in. That's the opposite of drama queen, but sweet take regardless.
Right and xrays showed no break or fracture ... amazing

Lol, his middle finger looked like Harry Potter's scar and he still went back in. That's the opposite of drama queen, but sweet take regardless.
I saw it live. It wasn’t pretty

I don’t know man. I think the chances are very good that Belichick would come here.

To be clear, I don’t want Sirianni fired, and I don’t want BB to come here. However, the Eagles organization from Lurie to Howie has always seemed to be interested in doing things the Patriots way. You’ve already got Matt Patricia, his best defensive coordinator of the past, in the building. You’ve got Josh McDaniels, his best offensive coordinator of years past, out there are not working currently. And let’s be honest, Belichick wants to go somewhere that he can rip off 15 wins and break Don Shula’s record. This team would offer that right out of the gate. He’s not looking to build a new team, he’s looking to win now.
I'm not sure I agree with the bolded.

When Lurie bought the team, he wanted to model the franchise on the 49ers. When the 49ers top offensive assistants opted for other opportunities, Lurie hired their defensive coordinator, Ray Rhodes. By the late '90s, the 49ers tree was fully integrated into the Packers, and Lurie plucked Andy Reid from there. The driving impetus after Reid was fired was to find someone "innovative". Like Reid had been. The driving impetus after Chip Kelly was fired, and after Doug was fired as well, was to find someone who was "innovative" but would work in tandem with the front office and not insist on running the show themselves. Like all franchises that aren't completely out to lunch, they have borrowed some ideas from the Patriots on how to build a sustained winning culture, but I don't thing the big picture suggests that "they have always seemed to be interested in doing things the Patriots way."

Reactions: JAA

When Lurie bought the team, he wanted to model the franchise on the 49ers. When the 49ers top offensive assistants opted for other opportunities, Lurie hired their defensive coordinator, Ray Rhodes. By the late '90s, the 49ers tree was fully integrated into the Packers, and Lurie plucked Andy Reid from there. The driving impetus after Reid was fired was to find someone "innovative". Like Reid had been. The driving impetus after Chip Kelly was fired, and after Doug was fired as well, was to find someone who was "innovative" but would work in tandem with the front office and not insist on running the show themselves. Like all franchises that aren't completely out to lunch, they have borrowed some ideas from the Patriots on how to build a sustained winning culture, but I don't thing the big picture suggests that "they have always seemed to be interested in doing things the Patriots way."

Wasn't siranni the wr coach with the Colts? Was he ever an OC? I can't remember

Belichick has been friends with Nick Saban for 40 years and every year they meet to discuss football.

Belichick - HC
McDaniels - OC
Patricia - DC
Saban - Assistant to the HC / Consultant.

I'm game let's do it...
Can we get Vince Young on this staff?

• Laughing

He was Reich's OC for 3 years, but Reich called the plays.

Dude no one said it was broken. It was dislocated. Like the bone was out of the socket. You don’t know what you are talking about.

Yep. They seem hell bent on getting the Mike McDaniel, Sean McVeigh, Kyle Shanahan type of HC. I can’t necessarily disagree with their logic there either. If they move on from Sirianni, who’s that guy? Johnson from Detroit is all I could see.

Dude no one said it was broken. It was dislocated. Like the bone was out of the socket. You don’t know what you are talking about.
Just put him on ignore. He’s a lot lol

He was Reich's OC for 3 years, but Reich called the plays.

Yeah you can tell he wants no part of it.

Don’t worry. The Bucs don’t exploit weaknesses.

Bowles will want to “establish the run” by smashing Rachaad White into the backs of his linemen so Davis and Carter can feast on TFLs.

Per Schefty:

Eagles’ WR A.J. Brown, who worked hard in his rehab to try to make it back this week, is out for Monday night’s wild-card matchup vs. the Bucs due to his sprained knee, per sources. Brown has made enough progress that, if the Eagles advance, he could return for the divisional playoff. But he’s out Monday night.

Per Schefty:

Eagles’ WR A.J. Brown, who worked hard in his rehab to try to make it back this week, is out for Monday night’s wild-card matchup vs. the Bucs due to his sprained knee, per sources. Brown has made enough progress that, if the Eagles advance, he could return for the divisional playoff. But he’s out Monday night.
Which will make the Eagles come up with a run heavy attack and their best game of the season

Per Schefty:

Which will make the Eagles come up with a run heavy attack and their best game of the season
lol from your lips to gods ears. AJ out, Davonte coming back from injury, Hurts finger injury and wearing a glove. I fully expect three passing plays on the first drive.

Per Schefty:

lol from your lips to gods ears. AJ out, Davonte coming back from injury, Hurts finger injury and wearing a glove. I fully expect three passing plays on the first drive.

Yeah how many 3 and outs with 3 straight passes are we gonna have to watch

Per Schefty:

Nick in the meeting room "This is why we got Julio"

Hi @The Noid from the thread title, do you have a link for Brown requesting a trade? I saw this https://youtu.be/o4h7D7mIpw4?si=gVw1z7TvBolUNRPQ

But didn't know widespread it was.
Nah, just playing off all the recent drama with A.J. deleting his socials and Eagles affiliations and how all you guys that have been telling us things 100% won't happen, and then they do. :devil:

Really? I thought that was a minor thing with him on the socials but didn't know. Which is why I asked.

Didn't really get the "outsiders" thing on the title. I try to follow things pretty closely. For the end of the year, it was hardly a hot take to think the Eagles would win 3 of the last 4 and beat Arizona and the Giants twice. :shrug:

I really like Jon Ritchie on the morning show. His response to Sirianni pointing to some cherry picked numbers as evidence that they are doing good on offense was pretty damning and I really have a feeling the chances that Nick is gone are higher than I thought only a few days ago.

“We know that in first and second down," Sirianni said this week. "You look at yardage and you look at points. We're in the top 10 in both of those for the second year in a row. You look at third down, I think we're number three in third down. You look at red zone, we're in the top 10 in red zone."

Well, Ritchie brought the numbers for himself, focusing on the last six weeks—a brutal 1-5 stretch for the Eagles.

"We've only scored 20.5 points per game over the last month and a half," Ritchie said. "Our points per game differential is almost 10 over the last month and a half, that happens to be the fourth most in the NFL. Our turnover differential is minus eight, which is the worst in the NFL. Our defense, we're 30th in points per game allowed—25, over 25 points per game allowed, that's an important stat guys. We're 31st in opponent third down percentage. Every team I've ever been on, they point to third down conversion percentage as a critical factor, a direct indicator of success whether you win or lose and we're 31st in stopping opponents on third down. 21 touchdowns against us in the last six weeks is the worst in the league. Takeaways we're tied with 23rd with 18. Sacks, we know about last year when we had 70 of them, this year we're 20th. We're 26th in yards per game allowed. Our offense, by the way, Jalen has a sub 90 quarterback rating in five of the last six games and we scored under 20 points in three of our last five games. We're only eighth in the NFL in rushing the football when I thought we should have been first with our talent! We fail constantly at blitz pick up. We get blitzed more than any other team in the league as a result. Jalen ranking 27th in the league when teams send blitzes of six or more. We watch him break the pocket consistently with pressure when only four are coming. It's driving me insane. I cannot believe Nick Sirianni went there, that he said you are what your numbers say you are because our numbers say you are horrendous and our coach has done a terrible, terrible job."

I’m just hearing lots of chatter about BB and the Eagles.

Who better to fix your secondary and LB corps?
Good LBer and secondary coaches and talented players there. Thats usually a good start.
Bill’s philosophy doesn’t fly in today’s nfl. I remember talking to Kyle Eckel and even briefly with LaGarrette Blount awhile back and both said his coaching style was great for the time period but guys today will tune him out. He wants players who think football 24/7 including his coaching staff. Chip tried the same philosophy here in Philly and it just didn’t work. Plus I don’t think Bill will come here unless he has full control and Lurie isn’t giving anyone that after the chip debaticle
He won’t come here. No big named HC will with Howie here. I think that’s becoming more and more clear.

“In today’s NFL”? He won the SB in 2019. Not 1919 lol
His coaching tactics just don’t work well with new players and let’s face it he’s a mediocre coach without Brady. Had it not been for Brady he probably wouldn’t have been in Ne very long
Dude you must not have watched many games back then. The guy would craft brilliant defensive schemes to shut down whatever a team did best. The game might have passed him by a bit, but in his day he was incredible.
He’s a great defensive guy but he was a nobody before going to NE. He was an embarrassment in CLE. He got lucky drafting Brady and the rest is history. Cheating helps and your owners buddy the commissioner helps a lot too.

Would you be completely shocked if the Eagles lose 2 out of their next 4?

That would be debacle level. Won't happen.

My buddy is a super smart NFL guy and huge Eagles fan.

He's with me that there's 0.0% chance he's fired in the situation i laid out above.

That said, my buddies (season ticket friends) brought up firing him last week and I had to turn my phone off and go meditate."

Talking in absolutes about this team hasn't been the best idea, Joe! I guess technically you were right because they lost 3 of 4, not 2 of 4 :lmao:

If Sirianni can't convince Lurie he has a solid plan on how to turn things around next year and ensure this doesn't happen again or continue spiraling, I think any type of loss (even in the next round) puts him at some risk of getting fired.
Yeah. I would say its not a guarantee he keeps his job. If they get blown out or the team looks truly like the quit, then ya know, Lurie might make a decision to change.

And everything said about "a big time coach not coming here" is 100% true, as much as I hate to admit it. The structure isn't for everyone, which is why we tend to hire "who?" type of coaches that people haven't really heard of or thought about. The one "big time" guy we got in Chip Kelly kinda showed how it doesn't work here.

If they lose 21-14 and look like they did last month, what percent chance do you think Sirianni is fired?

100%

How long was Peterson around after WINNING the Super Bowl.

Not long. And the team looked just as lost as this one.
Things were worse under Doug for those final 3 years.
Much worse and worse than many fans and media realize at times. Hell the way chip left us was bad itself it’s a miracle we won a SB when we did

As for the Brian Johnson stuff, I have NO IDEA how he is getting these HC interviews. Are they doing it so that the Eagles consider him more valuable/don't want to lose him? Inflating his image? How can there be anyone out there who thinks he is doing a good job??? Like anyone, nonetheless NFL GMs.
For all the hate he gets this team is averaging more than 26 ppg. For reference SF and Miami are at 30 ppg. His offense is like 7 or 8 in the league in points scored.
That’s pretty unreal. He’s so condemned in this town and is running a top 8 offense? I guess it’s due to the past 6 games? Patricia and the D seem to be a much bigger issue.
Right. And don't forget, this team was the best in the league last year in turnover differential. Hurts threw 6 picks last year, this year he's thrown 15. We've had tons of fumbling issues all year; the Scott getting hit on a kickoff and fumbling is a perfect example. That kind of stuff just didn't happen last year. The defense was great last year. CJGJ alone was still leading the league in ints. after NOT PLAYING for like 6 weeks. We all know what's up this the "defense" this year.

Imagine how effective this offense would look if we had an extra 3-4 drive opportunities per game? We'd be top 3 in the league.
I think we got lucky with injuries and TOs last year. Healthy team all year we didn’t really have any big serious missing time injuries.

Defebse last year got the bounces their way and there was a few games offensively we were lucky a ball wasn’t picked off or the guy didn’t fumble. We aren’t getting those this year. Jets game the Goddart tip int the defender doesn’t get that last year. Ball deep end of game in SEA is caught for a big gain to kill the clock or a TD. Didn’t happen this year.

Team deserves a lot of credit for play last year but to be good you need some luck and we aren’t even getting that.

Its almost as if people do little research before they write their articles these days.
It’s a bunch of hot takes to sell clicks and views. I’m into wrestling and it’s just as bad with takes so and so is drama Queen backstage or so and so not happy so will jump companies. Then you find out they weren’t at the show because of a family emergency.

There’s no real journalism anymore. Anyone and everyone with the time and right tech can start a YouTube page or start blogging. It’s ridiculous

• Thanks
“As if the #Eagles needed more drama and weird vibes going into a playoff game. AJ Brown has deleted all of his Eagles related posts on his Instagram”

Smh
He also deactivated his twitter account as well.

*This is fine meme*

He’s gone after the season imho maybe it just wasn’t the Titans org after all. I’m curious if he is gone how Hurts would react to his bff leaving.

Team is cooked lol.

Team is cooked lol.

Big changes coming
McLane is bad but I wouldn’t throw out the reports entirely. There’s some truth in his reports but it gets overstretched or sugar coated to fit an agenda. Ever since he got thrown out of the press box seasons ago he’s had it out for the org. Ever notice how little he’s active when things go right yet the minute **** hits the fan he’s right there to report it?

Team is cooked lol.

Team is cooked lol.

Big changes coming
I normally would if there weren't like a million other signals of impending doom for the team.
Yep too much smoke right now

Users who are viewing this thread