What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Burrow, CIN (1 Viewer)

Joe Burrow (wrist) has been declared out for the remainder of the Bengals’ Week 11 game against the Ravens.

Declared questionable after injuring his wrist late in the second quarter, Burrow was formally declared out to begin the second half. Sideline cameras appeared to catch the quarterback mouthing “I heard a pop.” That could mean a number of things, but none of them are particularly great. At the bare minimum, Burrow is looking mighty shaky for Week 12 against the Steelers. Although there are many issues that would not be season-ending, Burrow could still be a candidate for injured reserve. Backup Jake Browning is a massive, massive downgrade for Ja’Marr Chase, and Tee Higgins whenever he returns. Burrow’s status should be updated no later than Friday afternoon.

The way his hand was swelled up, I’m betting his wrist is sprained or fractured.
Seeing speculation from Jesse Morse and others, the fact he didn't have a brace or anything on, could indicate a ligament tear as there was no reason to stablize. Also based this on him not being able to grip... saw one doctor speculate 4-6 weeks at least

The way his hand was swelled up, I’m betting his wrist is sprained or fractured.
Seeing speculation from Jesse Morse and others, the fact he didn't have a brace or anything on, could indicate a ligament tear as there was no reason to stablize. Also based this on him not being able to grip... saw one doctor speculate 4-6 weeks at least
Coach saying sprained

Probably still looking at 4-ish weeks.

Coach saying sprained

Probably still looking at 4-ish weeks.
he already lied once on the injury report

in Jared we trust

WeekOppProj
11Chi (5th)18.38
12GB (30th)17.86
13@NO (20th)17.12
14@Chi (5th)17.12
15Den (10th)17.19
16@Min (16th)16.74
17@Dal (22nd)16.52

Long as Burrow is back by the semifinals I should be fine

Nightmare season for the Bengals.
It really has been.

I thought that this was going to be a special season for them. Figured Burrow was due for an MVP type season. I've got a ton of Cincy exposure. Just hasn't gone my way (or theirs).

in Jared we trust

WeekOppProj
11Chi (5th)18.38
12GB (30th)17.86
13@NO (20th)17.12
14@Chi (5th)17.12
15Den (10th)17.19
16@Min (16th)16.74
17@Dal (22nd)16.52

Long as Burrow is back by the semifinals I should be fine
I may ask the Goff owner about the price.

Waiting to hear how long Burrow is going to be out, but don't feel great about riding with Geno.

The Bengals were looking like one of those dangerous wildcard teams that you don't want to catch on the wrong day. Now, a few teams are looking at the spot that would have gone to them and can imagine themselves there.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not include Joe Burrow on their Week 11 injury report.

The team’s social media account quickly deleted a Wednesday night video of Burrow wearing some kind of protective device on his right hand and wrist after he did not appear on the team’s injury report. Burrow then aggravated the injury Thursday night against the Ravens and missed the second half while in clear discomfort. “The NFL routinely looks into matters of compliance with the Injury Report policy, and will do so in this instance as well,” Schefter said. “Teams can be fined or even potentially lose a draft pick.” This could be a major, ongoing issue for the Bengals in what has become a lost season.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not include Joe Burrow on their Week 11 injury report.

The team’s social media account quickly deleted a Wednesday night video of Burrow wearing some kind of protective device on his right hand and wrist after he did not appear on the team’s injury report. Burrow then aggravated the injury Thursday night against the Ravens and missed the second half while in clear discomfort. “The NFL routinely looks into matters of compliance with the Injury Report policy, and will do so in this instance as well,” Schefter said. “Teams can be fined or even potentially lose a draft pick.” This could be a major, ongoing issue for the Bengals in what has become a lost season.
I feel like in their ushering in widespread wagering on games, this kind of thing needs to be addressed big time

That said, the line didn't move at all based on that social media pic

I guess you could argue if it was public it would have

Time for the league to come down hard. DFS isn't a "game of skill" when the health of the players is luck.

Yup...sour grapes from a guy with a lot of Agholor exposure sunk by Burrow.

Something else just now getting attention. He was wearing an elbow pad on the same arm as well last night and the Texans game. Going back before the Texans game and looking at several games, it looks like that is not normal. Yet another piece of evidence that Burrow had an undisclosed injury before last nights game.

Elbow pad

I'm annoyed at the situation.

Fantasy wise, I wouldn't have done anything differently. I benched him in some leagues where I had other good options. If he was active, I was playing him in the others.

Vegas-Wise...

I took the Bengals to cover +7.5 after the Ravens 1st touchdown (thinking Burrow was fine).
I took a Boosted Fanduel bet for Burrow and Jackson to each have 200+ passing yards and 1+ passing TD's (thinking Burrow was fine)
I had a parlay that was really conservative with Chase at 50+ yards and Boyd at 40+ yards (again, thinking Burrow was fine).

I get it. Gambling is gambling. Burrow could have been injured on a hit similar to Andrews.
But he wasn't.

You bet based on the available information. If I'd known he had a sore throwing wrist going into the game, I'm not touching any of those.

I traded Burrow for Josh Allen this week, and the owner was making the move to get the upcoming CIN schedule, which is juicy the rest of this year.

And all the other players affected. Brutal.

Three years in a row of injury for Burrow.

It is more than fair to ask questions about the effect on his dynasty outlook.

Aug 14, 2017 Non-NFL Hand Wrist Fracture Burrow suffered a broken bone in his throwing hand during practice and had an operation to repair the fracture. He missed the start of the season
Jan 16, 2020 Non-NFL Chest Rib Fracture Burrow suffered torn rib cartilage near the end of the second quarter in the College Football Playoff national championship game in New Orleans.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Burrow suffered a torn left ACL during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee MCL Tear Grade 3 Burrow suffered a torn left MCL during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee PCL Tear Grade 3 Burrow suffered a partial tear to his PCL during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Nov 22, 2020 NFL Knee Meniscus Tear Burrow suffered a partial tear to his meniscus during Week 11's loss to Washington. He was placed on IR and was shut down for the 2020 season.
Dec 5, 2021 NFL Hand Finger Dislocation Burrow suffered a dislocated pinkie finger in the Bengals' loss to the Chargers
Jan 2, 2022 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Burrow twisted his knee towards the end of the game vs. the Kansas City Chiefs.
Feb 13, 2022 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Burrow suffered an MCL sprain in the final minutes of the Super Bowl
Jul 27, 2023 NFL Leg Calf Strain Burrow sustained a right calf strain while rolling out in practice. He returned on August 30th and hasn't missed a game due to this injury. However, Burrow reportedly re-aggravated the injury in Week 2 vs. the Ravens.
Nov 16, 2023 NFL Hand Wrist Sprain/Pull Unspecified Burrow left in the second quarter of Week 11 vs. the Ravens with a right wrist injury.

What are other Burrow owners doing in dynasty as far as QB the rest of the year?

I'm considering shopping Nico Collins for either Kyler Murray or Trevor Lawrence. Both owners have those QB's as their backup.

Downside: I've got Chase and Higgins and this effectively nukes their value as well. So even trading for a QB, I think my team is still taking a huge hit.

Ouch, impact to the rest of the Cinci skill players? Gotta figure Chase will still be startable but Boyd or Mixon? Gotta figure stacked boxes coming and double teams on Chase. Do they shut Higgins down the rest of the season?

Ouch, impact to the rest of the Cinci skill players? Gotta figure Chase will still be startable but Boyd or Mixon? Gotta figure stacked boxes coming and double teams on Chase. Do they shut Higgins down the rest of the season?
I'd say Chase is more of a low-end WR2, Higgins (I doubt he gets shut down, as they are still in the playoff hunt) is probably a WR4, and Boyd is waiver material.

Mixon can potentially maintain low-end RB2 value off volume, but this feels like a similar offense to the Jets or Raiders without Burrow.

I'd say Chase is more of a low-end WR2, Higgins (I doubt he gets shut down, as they are still in the playoff hunt) is probably a WR4, and Boyd is waiver material.

Mixon can potentially maintain low-end RB2 value off volume, but this feels like a similar offense to the Jets or Raiders without Burrow.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread