What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Burrow, CIN (1 Viewer)

They would be crazy to start him and risk further injury
Mahomes seems to play whenever he's gimpy. Is it this particular injury that makes it risky?

ETA: I think the other thing at play here is, he has SUCKED while he's been injured. I don't know if he just absolutely cannot throw deep balls or what. But it's severely limiting him in some way.

Mahomes seems to play whenever he's gimpy. Is it this particular injury that makes it risky?

ETA: I think the other thing at play here is, he has SUCKED while he's been injured. I don't know if he just absolutely cannot throw deep balls or what. But it's severely limiting him in some way.
Considering he’s been dealing with this since training camp and just aggravated it a week ago seems pretty risky to me to let him play. Hope I’m wrong and he makes it thru the game without issue

Bengals QB Joe Burrow is active for Monday Night Football against the Rams.

Burrow was notably absent from the team’s inactives list for their Week 3 meeting with the Rams. He’ll give it a go at less than 100 percent while dealing with an aggravated calf injury. Inactive for the Bengals are WR Trenton Irwin, RB Chris Evans, CB DJ Ivey, C Trey Hill, OT Jackson Carman, TE Irv Smith, and DT Jay Tufele. Expect tight end Drew Smaple to step into a more prominent role in the offense with Smith out.

Encouraging he even played. Hope he continues to recover from here. At Titans isn't too easy but he has the weapons to exploit the matchup. They are beyond horrible in the back-end.

Looks like he can't push off with the calf injury and throw the deep ball.

I think I have to bench him. Picked up Purdy last week and would have won if I had started him today. He's got a tough matchup (Dallas) while Burrow has a pretty good one (Arizona), but Titans were supposed to be a cake matchup today and look how that turned out

I think I have to bench him. Picked up Purdy last week and would have won if I had started him today. He's got a tough matchup (Dallas) while Burrow has a pretty good one (Arizona), but Titans were supposed to be a cake matchup today and look how that turned out
Plus he might be without Higgins.

How do you get this contract and then be so bad? I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. Horrible injury is the only thing that makes sense. Or the least likely outcome is he got the bag and doesn't care anymore.

Its the injury.
Listen to what he has been saying all-summer long and into the season when asked about the injury.
He has consistently said he has to 'MANAGE' it. He's said the same thing so it is an issue.
Also, Chase warned that he should have sat until he was 100% back in August. Joe isn't 100% and 'probably' should have sat out the first four games till he was 'more' healthy.

Had zero concern after week 1 struggles. After 4 weeks and 2 passing TDs the concerns are now real..
ya, you think he's a gamer and he's a stud so you start your studs....but he's clearly not himself. He's trying but he's not right.

Legit droppable?

Made a miracle trade last Sunday at noon, Burrow for Achane/Spears, still have him in another league

Trying to trade for pennies on the dollar and can't find a buyer

Pure roster clogger right now

If they go 1-3 while Tee is out, when do they shut Joe down?

Honestly never thought he was at the level of Mahomes, Allen or Hurts. Even Herbert.
Sure the injury doesn't help, but I think he is a great QB when healthy, not elite.

I never pay up for QB, but I did this year because both my teen daughters love him. Foolish.

As with you guys I’m now at 1-3 in large part due to my decision to try and grab a “stud“ QB a bit early so I didn’t have to worry about the position. Burrow is a big problem and I’m not sure if/how/when it gets right. Picked up CJ Stroud off the wire 2 weeks ago and am planning to start him over Burrow for the foreseeable future.

Guess he was not lying... Still very sudden recovery. Maybe the fantasy outlets made me pessimistic on the "recovery timeline" for the calf(like week 8), but I have no idea why it makes sense the calf drastically improved except for the fact that I chose to sit him after starting the first 4 weeks- that actually is about right.

I guess the eye test is passing and we start him going forward.

I missed the last game. how did burrow look? is it safe to say hes back? or was he just beating up on a bad defense?

I missed the last game. how did burrow look? is it safe to say hes back? or was he just beating up on a bad defense?
Looks good, looked better but not 100 percent, everything in the gun, not sure if he can drop back yet. That’s what I’ll look for to say all
The way back

Looks good, looked better but not 100 percent, everything in the gun, not sure if he can drop back yet. That’s what I’ll look for to say all
The way back
yeah kind of what I was thinking.
I'm sure the soft D may have helped him to look good too. I am not fully sold on him being back yet.

Kelsey Conway
Zac Taylor says Joe Burrow will start and play this week against the Cardinals
Likely have to start him. Now doesn't help Higgins is hurt. Traded Josh Kelley and Anthony Richardson for him a couple weeks ago. Herbert is on bye this week and now banged up. Terrible year.

Rolling him out again Week 6. Fourth time I've started him.

Goff has outscored him 5 weeks running. One of the biggest reasons (along with taking Chase in the 1st) I started 1-3.

Better days ahead. Had our league's 2nd highest score of the year last week, and the arrow is pointing up for the Bengals and Burrow. Really unfortunate series of injuries.

But what a hole they have dug themselves into. Should easily be a top 8 or top 6 team but now they're stuck in MFL middle class with a lot of teams to leapfrog.

Rolling him out again Week 6. Fourth time I've started him.

Goff has outscored him 5 weeks running. One of the biggest reasons (along with taking Chase in the 1st) I started 1-3.

6 straight

:wall:

I'm an idiot
:bag: This is me, but with Sam Howell. I took a flier on Howell with my last draft pick to cover Burrow's calf injury, and wisely started Howell in week one. In following weeks, I was way too quick to trust Burrow, and should have been starting Howell all along. Glad Bengals are on their bye this week!

Users who are viewing this thread