What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, DET (1 Viewer)

with Jameson back and the # of targets Laporta is getting, is now the time to deal Amon Ra ? Love the kid and his production won't fall off a cliff but I suspect it will be negatively impacted by a decent %.
As a St Brown owner I have zero concern about Williamson. My biggest concern is for the first time since like 1988 the Lions defense looks good.

Only concern is the D is so good they pound Montgomery like last night and don't need to throw.

with Jameson back and the # of targets Laporta is getting, is now the time to deal Amon Ra ? Love the kid and his production won't fall off a cliff but I suspect it will be negatively impacted by a decent %.
As a St Brown owner I have zero concern about Williamson. My biggest concern is for the first time since like 1988 the Lions defense looks good.

Only concern is the D is so good they pound Montgomery like last night and don't need to throw.

well good to know they’ll only have one kind of game script this year

This was discussed on local radio in Detroit today. We kind of went into last night expecting it to be a back n forth, last team with the ball wins kind of game. In that environment LaPorta & St Brown have 60 minutes of production instead of a half. But once they got up 24-3 it was more about bleeding the click and trusting the D.

I hope that this is the case but I don't think Detroit is so good that they can just bully every team every week

Small sample size to extrapolate but let's see if he's in line with the production of the previous two seasons.

I was told this summer (4-5 pages back) he has a low ceiling and no margin for error since he has a low ADot.

Through 4 games, on pace for:
  • 140 targets
  • 111 receptions
  • 1407 yards
  • 2 TDs
  • ADoT 8.9 (2022 - 6.7, 2021 - 7.0)
Last season ARSB was targeted deep (20+) on 6.5% of targets - 9 out of 129

This season ARSB has been targeted deep (20+) on 15.2% of targets - 5 out of 33

Lines up with what Amon-Ra said in the offseason about wanting to have a bigger vertical role and OC Ben Johnson responding by saying they absolutely want to expand that aspect of his game.

Over his last 15 games, St. Brown has compiled...

- 104 Catches
- 1,217 Yards (11.7 Yards Per Catch)
- 31 Rushing Yards
- 5 Touchdowns

Red zone target share leaders:

60% — Garrett Wilson
50% — Davante Adams
46% — Calvin Ridley
43% — Kyren Williams
42% — Zay Flowers
40% — Parris Campbell
40% — Amon-Ra St. Brown
39% — DeAndre Hopkins
38% — Drake London
37% — Chris Godwin
36% — A.J. Brown, Tee Higgins

Amon-Ra St. Brown (abdomen) doesn't practice Thursday
Amon-Ra St. Brown (abdomen) did not participate at practice on Thursday.

Fantasy Impact

Thursday will mark the second-straight day that St. Brown hasn't practiced because of an abdomen injury. HC Dan Campbell has been non-committal about his status for Sunday, so things seem to be trending in the wrong direction for him. His possible absence would be bad for QB Jared Goff but could lead to more opportunities for Josh Reynolds and Jahmyr Gibbs.

Just saw the Rotoworld blurb on a DNP today for practice.

Also referred to Dan Campbell saying there was no guarantee he'd suit up, but wasn't in quotation marks. That would not be a good sign if that is in fact what he said.

Just saw the Rotoworld blurb on a DNP today for practice.

Also referred to Dan Campbell saying there was no guarantee he'd suit up, but wasn't in quotation marks. That would not be a good sign if that is in fact what he said.

Amon-Ra St. Brown (abdomen) did not practice on Thursday.
That’s back-to-back missed practices for St. Brown, who head coach Dan Campbell said is no guarantee to play in Week 5 against the Panthers. St. Brown Has played through a handful of minor injuries earlier this season, and missed a few practices leading up to those games. However, if he’s not able to get on the field by Friday, we could be looking at him sitting out this weekend. If ARSB doesn’t play, Josh Reynolds could be on the radar as a low-end WR3, while second-year receiver Jameson Williams could also be on the fantasy radar in deeper leagues.

Amon-Ra has been working intensely on the side with trainers. Told the Detroit media after practice today he feels good and was running full speed. Just trying to get his body ready for Sunday, has a slight abdominal issue but it’s just pain management at this point. Hasn’t gotten in any reps but if he’s LP tomorrow I think he’ll be good for Sunday.

Amon-Ra has been working intensely on the side with trainers. Told the Detroit media after practice today he feels good and was running full speed. Just trying to get his body ready for Sunday, has a slight abdominal issue but it’s just pain management at this point. Hasn’t gotten in any reps but if he’s LP tomorrow I think he’ll be good for Sunday.
You definitely have the inside scoop on the Lions.

Good.

I have many shares of ASB and Monty.

Good.

Thanks - I'm good on Liona data, quotes & tendencies, no better than a coin flip on how Ben Johnson will employ his RBs lol.

Here is Amon-Ra in the locker room today. He certainly is giving off vibes he'll play but with two tough road games coming up (TB & BAL) it's still within the range of outcomes the medical staff decides it's better if he sits. The OC had his weekly presser (Detroit's 3 coordinators always give podium remarks on Thursdays) and BJ indicated he's comfortable with the guys he'll have available if St Brown doesn't suit up.

Jamo will see 15-20 snaps, Kalif has been solid, Josh Reynolds (groin) has been limited the last two days but sounds like he'll be a go, might be a double digit target game for LaPorta. Or they'll just grind it out on the ground. They have the longest streak in the NFL of scoring at least 20 points, goes back to Week 9 of last season. It's just hard to shut them down.

Would feel more confident he is going to play if he gets some reps tomorrow.

Good.

Thanks - I'm good on Liona data, quotes & tendencies, no better than a coin flip on how Ben Johnson will employ his RBs lol.

Here is Amon-Ra in the locker room today. He certainly is giving off vibes he'll play but with two tough road games coming up (TB & BAL) it's still within the range of outcomes the medical staff decides it's better if he sits. The OC had his weekly presser (Detroit's 3 coordinators always give podium remarks on Thursdays) and BJ indicated he's comfortable with the guys he'll have available if St Brown doesn't suit up.

Jamo will see 15-20 snaps, Kalif has been solid, Josh Reynolds (groin) has been limited the last two days but sounds like he'll be a go, might be a double digit target game for LaPorta. Or they'll just grind it out on the ground. They have the longest streak in the NFL of scoring at least 20 points, goes back to Week 9 of last season. It's just hard to shut them down.

He is not behaving like a guy who isn't playing.

Good.

He is not behaving like a guy who isn't playing.
"I think I hit one of my top speeds" and the little smirk. He's gonna play.

I want to clone this guy.
Ya…it’s funny, a few teams in keeper league are interested in him and I just won’t deal him. This game is supposed to be fun too and I love rooting for him. Great story…his hard work and focus is incredible. Don’t doubt this kid

Amon-Ra St. Brown did not practice Friday.

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said the team would evaluate St. Brown on Saturday to determine whether their stud slot wideout can play Sunday against Carolina. St. Brown has now missed three straight practices. Usually a missed Friday session means the player has almost no chance of playing Sunday. If he’s out against the Panthers, look for the run-first Lions to be even more run heavy than usual. Kalif Raymond could be an interesting flier in deeper leagues if St. Brown is sidelined.

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said the team would evaluate St. Brown on Saturday to determine whether their stud slot wideout can play Sunday against Carolina. St. Brown has now missed three straight practices. Usually a missed Friday session means the player has almost no chance of playing Sunday. If he’s out against the Panthers, look for the run-first Lions to be even more run heavy than usual. Kalif Raymond could be an interesting flier in deeper leagues if St. Brown is sidelined.
I still think he plays, he is as tough as nails. I guess we'll see

I still think he plays, he is as tough as nails. I guess we'll see
I mean, they probably don't need him to beat Carolina, though that was also true of Deebo last week as well.

Seems unlikely to play

Unrelated but Branch is out and Gibbs (hamstring) has a new injury

Montgomery is going to get 50 carries.

Bam Knight szn (hopefully...if he gets a load then we're up by 2-3 scores)

NGL have a little anxiety

Getting the OL back together, Joseph back, Moseley finally suiting up

BUuuuuttt....no Branch, maybe no ARSB, new injuries to Jahmyr & Mitchell....weird having so many on the report coming out of a minibye

Seems unlikely to play

Unrelated but Branch is out and Gibbs (hamstring) has a new injury

Montgomery is going to get 50 carries.

Bam Knight szn (hopefully...if he gets a load then we're up by 2-3 scores)

NGL have a little anxiety

Getting the OL back together, Joseph back, Moseley finally suiting up

BUuuuuttt....no Branch, maybe no ARSB, new injuries to Jahmyr & Mitchell....weird having so many on the report coming out of a minibye
Watch Jameson Williams have a 5-100-2 game and throw all our future projections into chaos.

Good.

After watching this it is so weird that he is listed as doubtful 🤔

Good.

ESPN dropped his points to 0.

The way I'm reading things it sounds like there's still a chance he plays. I'd rather he sit vs. play and aggravate.

Benching for T. Dell now.

Good.

Yeah it comes across as deceptive but if you listen carefully the words he chose to answer are you going to be able play Sunday? were "yeah...that's my goal."

Also, players mindset is probably almost always going to be "if it's just pain, then I'm playing." Taylor Decker had a high ankle sprain week 1 and missed two games. He said in an interview "if you leave it up to me, I'm going to choose playing every time. if you want to keep me healthy for the year then leave it up to the medical staff. but if it's my choice, I'm always going to choose to play."

Seems like the fantasy formats predict zero points now across the board.

It looks like the ☀️ sun ☀️ wont be shining on Ford Field this Sunday. 😢

Did I miss the reports as far as what or when the injury occurred? Is this a one week thing or longer term?

Did I miss the reports as far as what or when the injury occurred? Is this a one week thing or longer term?

He said it was during the Packers game. He also said he hit one of his top speeds in that game & he’s been running full speed on the side this week. Mostly a pain management thing.

I think he’ll be back for the Bucs game. Being cautious to keep him healthy ROS. But who knows, I thought he was good to go for this week.

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said Amon-Ra St. Brown (abdomen) has a “pretty good” chance to play in Week 6 against the Bucs.
“I think it’s certainly more than questionable, I think it’s closer to probable at this point. We’ll see how this week goes,” Campbell said in a radio interview on Tuesday. It sounds like St. Brown, who was sidelined Sunday against the Panthers, will return to Detroit’s lineup for Sunday’s game against Tampa. Campbell has hinted that the team rested St. Brown to ensure his ab injury isn’t the long term variety. He’ll be a top-10 fantasy play against the Bucs.

ARSB locker room interview Thursday

Cool seeing how relaxed he is this year. Very matter of fact self-assurance without being arrogant.

Worth listening just to hear the light hearted banter with a female German sportswriter (in German, which he repeated in English) who is in town doing a feature on him. Also talks a lot about Jared and Ben.

Dem boys are cookin’ rn.

Edit - sorry starts at 3:28. I might edit the link later for the time stamp. But being 61 I also might forget later lol.

Cool seeing how relaxed he is this year. Very matter of fact self-assurance without being arrogant.

Worth listening just to hear the light hearted banter with a female German sportswriter (in German, which he repeated in English) who is in town doing a feature on him. Also talks a lot about Jared and Ben.

Dem boys are cookin’ rn.

Edit - sorry starts at 3:28. I might edit the link later for the time stamp. But being 61 I also might forget later lol.

He could get peppered with targets if Laporta is out or limited.

Don't think DET will be able to just pound the ball either. Seeing this TB game as potentially one of the better games of the week.

Dem boys are cookin’ rn.

He could get peppered with targets if Laporta is out or limited.

Don't think DET will be able to just pound the ball either. Seeing this TB game as potentially one of the better games of the week.

When the top 6 are healthy (Decker-Jackson-Ragnow-Glasgow-Sewell-Vaitai) I honestly don’t think so. That’s a couple veterans grading out Top 20, three guys ranked Top 6 at their position (2 are 2nd), and an 8 year Vet who is only struggling bc he’s tough af and playing through a HAS (last week was start #100.)

I’m not sure anyone in the league can stop Detroit right now. Talent, scheme, commitment. They’re going to do what they want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread