What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 waiver targets (3 Viewers)

Surprised Puca Nacua isn’t the talk of the thread. 10 catches on 15 targets for 119 and nearly 22 pts. Looks like he’s playing the Kupp role while Kupp is out…had a great camp. What’s not to like?
For sure. I'm in one league. Already owned due to super deep rosters. If he is available I think he is a must add until Kupp comes back. Stafford looked sharp
Agreed. Even after Kupp is back and healthy (whenever that is), it’s not like they can’t have 2 good wrs to feed. He’s my number 1 waiver target by a mile. Give me target hogs all day long.
Off the top of the my head and don't have the actual numbers but I'm gonna guess the Rams #2 wr when Kupp plays isn't the best fantasy option. Someone smarter then me can correct me if I'm way off here also.
There's a chance Kupp doesn't play.

Consulting a neurologist isn't a great sign.

Surprised Puca Nacua isn’t the talk of the thread. 10 catches on 15 targets for 119 and nearly 22 pts. Looks like he’s playing the Kupp role while Kupp is out…had a great camp. What’s not to like?
For sure. I'm in one league. Already owned due to super deep rosters. If he is available I think he is a must add until Kupp comes back. Stafford looked sharp
Agreed. Even after Kupp is back and healthy (whenever that is), it’s not like they can’t have 2 good wrs to feed. He’s my number 1 waiver target by a mile. Give me target hogs all day long.
Off the top of the my head and don't have the actual numbers but I'm gonna guess the Rams #2 wr when Kupp plays isn't the best fantasy option. Someone smarter then me can correct me if I'm way off here also.

oh, missed that

Any idea as to why?

Gus Edwards or Justice Hill?
Has to be Hill IMO. FAAB bids are probably going to be off the charts for him.

I'm not so sure Hill is the add. Gus has shown that he can handle the load of lead back where Hill has not over his short career. Neither may be more than a flex play each week with LJ to vulture his share of TD's as well. This may be a true committee situation.

Melvin Gordon coming off the practice squad muddies the whole picture
The answer is clearly none of them. We've all seen this movie before

I'm not so sure Hill is the add. Gus has shown that he can handle the load of lead back where Hill has not over his short career. Neither may be more than a flex play each week with LJ to vulture his share of TD's as well. This may be a true committee situation.

Melvin Gordon coming off the practice squad muddies the whole picture
The answer is clearly none of them. We've all seen this movie before
This. Let someone else pickup Edwards and Hill. This is going to be an RBBC that is generally riding the hot hand.

Guys that got over 7 targets this week that are possibly on your waiver wire:

15 Puka
11 Bourne
10 Ertz
10 Woods
10 Meyers
8 A. Robinson
8 Logan Thomas
8 Tutu Atwell
7 Durham Smythe
7 J. Reynolds
7 Hayden Hurst
7 Westbrooke-Ikhine
7 Mooney
7 J. Ferguson
7 Damario Douglas
7 Josh Downs

Subtopic: Deeper Dynasty / longer outlook players

I think most got to Nacua either in the draft or by the Kupp injury.

Parker inactive, but Demario Douglas getting involved out of the gate might be worth noting on a BB team. Like Dell, there was plenty of preseason hype, just the question of buying in to WRs of this size. I also found Boutte getting as many snaps as he did noteworthy, but hard to action zero receptions unless you're looking to drop.

Chris Evans didn't do much, but seems to have the #2 / Perine role as reported.

Subtopic: Deeper Dynasty guys you're ready to drop

For me, this week 1 is going to make it a lot harder to stay patient on Likely's upside / opportunity assuming that Andrews returns.

One lousy catch was kind of what I was expecting and feared from Alec Pierce. I should give A-Rich a few weeks to get his legs, but it feels like it's such a long shot that Pierce is going to hold on to this spot. Downs already out-producing him after one week.

Maybe I'll give Jaleel McLaughlin another week, but complete fool's gold that ate up a roster spot that could've been used to pounce on Nacua.

Chris Brooks (same as above)

Going to give Deuce Vaughn some time, but definitely a hard sight to see the Cowboys getting Turpin that involved. Was kind of banking on those limited opportunities going to Deuce.

While I don't think AJ Dillon is a guy you drop, this feels like the definition of a roster clogger. Too much perceived value to outright drop, but I'm not exactly sure what I can realistically hope for at this point.

Last edited:

Any idea as to why?
Why seeing a neurologist about a hamstring is not good?

It doesn't mean anything ATM but a neurological condition is much different than a muscle tear.

Much more difficult to figure out when a nerve will get right. Treatment is uncertain, a nerve conditioning can shut a muscle down entirely and can also be ridiculously painful.

The number 1 pick up if available is Roschon Johnson.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

% of Week 1 touches in garbage time:

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
The biggest takeaway from Johnson's performance was that he gave the Bears a spark on offense when they were not able to get anything going. He ran tough, and broke tackles, and did great as a receiver too. I watched the whole game, and he looked like their best back. I see his touches increasing for sure
It's the beauty of sports. People are allowed to disagree and the best part is we find out who was correct. I think his 11 touches in week 1 will be his season high. Barring injuries of course.

What kind of analysis brings you to that conclusion... other than maybe being a Herbert owner? :-)
Ha ha. Haven't offered any analysis just offered my personal opinion. I think if I were to offer analysis it would go something like this:

The Bears recent history of how they use rbs should shine the light on how they will this season. David Montgomery was a decent NFL RB for them. In his 4 years as the lead RB he averaged 225 carries a year. The rb2 averaged 90 carries a year in those 4 years. A legitimate argument could be made that Herbert looked better yet couldn't get more then 129 attempts. They changed from Nagy to Eberflus, but the NFL RB landscape has evolved into this use and toss approach. They paid Foreman a 1 year 3 million deal. They prolly signed him to use him. I like Roschon. I fully believe he is the next great Bear rb. His skill set sure looks to fit well. It should translate well next year after they put tread on Herbert and Foreman. I think barring injury those two will get a majority of the action. I base this on zero inside sources and is strictly my opinion with limited analysis. You can disagree or block me. Ha ha

If Kareem Hunt is available might think about him. Fournette?

Edwards has little passing game value. Fournette has little running game value.

Hunt may be best overall.

I would think Baltimore is going to be looking for outside help

Considering dropping Damien Harris right now and picking up Hunt while I can still drop Harris.

Shark move assuming your site allows it. Unfortunately, Yahoo still has Hunt as part of the Browns & since they already played, he's locked. :rant:
As it should be….

For a team with RB needs I'm fading the Baltimore situation (I'm not trying to figure that one out, and honestly there's guys not even on the roster to consider there) in favor of the two LA guys: Kelley and Williams. Williams in particular seems like the add here. Akers is who we thought he was, looked flat. Williams just seems like a better player all around.

Bourne is my favorite out of the WR group.

Considering dropping Damien Harris right now and picking up Hunt while I can still drop Harris.

Shark move assuming your site allows it. Unfortunately, Yahoo still has Hunt as part of the Browns & since they already played, he's locked. :rant:
Just made the move in MFL
Cheeseball way to run a league software…ALL players should lock during the games

People should not be sleeping on Bourne. He ended up as WR32 in 2021 on only 70 targets. He has a good connection with Mac Jones, JJSS has lost a step (and his knee is iffy), Parker is very match up dependent (and also struggles to stay in the lineup). Bourne could easily be a fantasy WR2 this year. 80-1000-8 is not out of the question.

I’m just not buying into an 8th year breakout personally. 80-1000-8 would knock the socks off any of his years and be a career year in a big way.
It's his 7th year. He had his mini-breakout in 2021 (his 5th year) when he moved on from SF to NE (and ranked WR32). He didn't produce much early in his career due to his lack of targets (a high of 74). That year, he ranked tied for second in receiving yards per target with Ja'Maar Chase behind only Deebo Samuel.

NE doesn't have much at WR. Bourne saw 11 targets yesterday (most in his career). He's only had 6 games in his career where he was targeted 8 times or more. In those games, he averaged 6.2 receptions, 80.5 YFS, and 0.8 TD. Bourne is the most productive WR on the NE roster. Bill O'Brien is not going to put him in mothballs like Matt Patricia did. The Pats just need to target him more and he will be productive.

Let's extrapolate some numbers. Every year is different, but in 2021, Bourne scored 182.5 fantasy points in 1 PPR leagues with 70 targets. Things will never work out exactly the same, but scoring at the same rate, with 105 targets he would have been in line for 273.8 fantasy points (which would have ranked as WR8 that year). Last year, there were 36 WR that had 105 targets for the season. 105 targets represents an increase of only 2 targets per game over a full season compared to 2021.

Will he be as productive as he was in 2021? Probably not. Will he get 100+ targets? Maybe, maybe not. But he's available for free. Who else on the waiver wire is the favorite to be the WR1 on his team?

What happens when Parker comes back? Bourne just seems to have 1-2 big games then just kinda disappears for a bit. Not saying he isn’t worth an add but I’m just not as optimistic as you I suppose. I can see him being a flex here and there(good luck guessing when) but he’s never been that dude and I don’t see him becoming him suddenly.
Feel free to have your own opinion. It's your team.

In 2021, in PPR leagues, Bourne had weeks where he ranked as WR 5, 5, 8, 12, 23, 25, 35, 43, and 46. Those were his fantasy start worthy weeks in PPR leagues with start 3WR and a FLEX (which for me is all my leagues). That's 9 weeks. Just curious what people think will be on the waiver wire for essentially nothing?

What happens when Parker comes back? Bourne goes back to being the best receiving option NE has. In case people were not aware, JJSS was benched at the end of the game last night (even with Parker out). In his first year in NE, Parker was all over the place. He ranked as the #2 WR . . . in Week 18 (pretty much useless for most leagues). His other noteworthy fantasy weeks he ranked 11, 34, 36, 37, and 43. He had 3 weeks where he scored 0 points and one where he scored 1.9. He also missed 4 weeks. I know he didn't play all those games, but had 8 weeks where he scored a total of 1.9 points (scattered across the season).

It's not just me suggesting that Bourne will have a breakout season. The guys that cover the team think he can make the Pro Bowl and will go for 1,000+ yards.

As someone else mentioned, Pop Douglas of NE may be worth considering in deeper leagues. The Patriots beat brigade see Bourne and Douglas as the most likely to be relevant NE WR. Given that NE just shelled out decent money to Parker and JuJu, that probably is not the best outcome as far as what the team wants to hear.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
The biggest takeaway from Johnson's performance was that he gave the Bears a spark on offense when they were not able to get anything going. He ran tough, and broke tackles, and did great as a receiver too. I watched the whole game, and he looked like their best back. I see his touches increasing for sure
It's the beauty of sports. People are allowed to disagree and the best part is we find out who was correct. I think his 11 touches in week 1 will be his season high. Barring injuries of course.
He has higher draft capital than Herbert and was the new regime's choice whereas herbert was inherited by this coaching staff

And I own herbert

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
He has higher draft capital than Herbert and was the new regime's choice whereas herbert was inherited by this coaching staff

And I own herbert
So it's the 4th round draft capital? Maybe so. I'm willing to admit if this plays out differently, but I stand where I stand. Overall I think they have 3 decent NFL rbs. How they end up spreading the touches is now on God's hands. 😄

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)

What kind of analysis brings you to that conclusion... other than maybe being a Herbert owner? :-)
Ha ha. Haven't offered any analysis just offered my personal opinion. I think if I were to offer analysis it would go something like this:

The Bears recent history of how they use rbs should shine the light on how they will this season. David Montgomery was a decent NFL RB for them. In his 4 years as the lead RB he averaged 225 carries a year. The rb2 averaged 90 carries a year in those 4 years. A legitimate argument could be made that Herbert looked better yet couldn't get more then 129 attempts. They changed from Nagy to Eberflus, but the NFL RB landscape has evolved into this use and toss approach. They paid Foreman a 1 year 3 million deal. They prolly signed him to use him. I like Roschon. I fully believe he is the next great Bear rb. His skill set sure looks to fit well. It should translate well next year after they put tread on Herbert and Foreman. I think barring injury those two will get a majority of the action. I base this on zero inside sources and is strictly my opinion with limited analysis. You can disagree or block me. Ha ha
I think the key to this is did Herbert learn to pass protect in the offseason? The way the Bears OLine looked yesterday they will need the RB to stay in and protect Fields. We’ve heard Johnson is excellent at pass pro. Last year Herbert was horrible and it’s why he lost touches to Montgomery. I have no idea how Foreman is at pass pro.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)

I think the key to this is did Herbert learn to pass protect in the offseason? The way the Bears OLine looked yesterday they will need the RB to stay in and protect Fields. We’ve heard Johnson is excellent at pass pro. Last year Herbert was horrible and it’s why he lost touches to Montgomery. I have no idea how Foreman is at pass pro.
I think your 100% right. This point could blow up my stance. For the record, I traded my rookie pick because I just didn't think Christian McCaffrey was gonna be good. Point is we hit on some. We miss on some. For now, id take the under on Roschon getting 100 carries. Imo

A neurologist?

A neurologist?
Neurologists cover not only the brain but the spinal cord and nerves. It's disconcerting because that would mean the issue is bigger than structural muscle/tendon problems.

A neurologist?
Yes, I believe the specialist he consulted before going on IR was a neurologist.

Don't have time to look it but I read speculation about sciatica related issues.

As it should be….
Except that Hunt is a FA.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
I'm sensing a Herbert owner with these posts. Don't let good things pass you by from being biased. I've lost on good waivers in the past due to this and learned from it.

I'm sensing a Herbert owner with these posts. Don't like good things pass you by from being biased. I've lost on good waivers in the past due to this and learned from it.

I'm a Johnson GM and I'm pumping the brakes on him. I don't think he's fast or agile enough to lock down an NFL starting job just yet. Maybe next year when he works on that stuff and has an offseason of training.

I'm sensing a Herbert owner with these posts. Don't like good things pass you by from being biased. I've lost on good waivers in the past due to this and learned from it.

I'm a Johnson GM and I'm pumping the brakes on him. I don't think he's fast or agile enough to lock down an NFL starting job just yet. Maybe next year when he works on that stuff and has an offseason of training.
I disagree completely and think Roschon is one of the better bench stashes at the moment.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
I'm sensing a Herbert owner with these posts. Don't let good things pass you by from being biased. I've lost on good waivers in the past due to this and learned from it.
We were having such a good conversation. We didn't need to head to the "your only going this route due to your investment" route. If you are indeed curious. I have no Herbert investment. I have no Foreman investment. I have no Roschon investment. I'm willing to acknowledge this with a hired notary of your choice. I just like football conversation. I am using this conversation to peak my interest to buy low on Herbert though. I'll let u know if I'm successful. Mahalo

Week 1 I almost never put a claim in, instead sit tight work your way up the priority ladder and see if anyone else makes a boneheaded panic drop that you can pounce on. Kamara in his rookie year is one that springs to mind

I disagree completely and think Roschon is one of the better bench stashes at the moment.
I actually agree. Bench stash guys are guys with upside. Dude has tremendous upside.

instead sit tight work your way up the priority ladder
I gotta recommend the exact opposite, especially if a league uses FAAB. First couple of weeks are where you're going to find your potential league winners IMO.

In this instance I’m talking about just a simple re-draft priority ladder and ONLY week 1. and ‘almost never’ 😂 FAAB completely changes that tactic

For instance I’m currently sitting 12th in priority. It’s honestly amazing who some people can drop after just one week. In some league somewhere, someone will drop a Gibbs . Or a Burrow. Etc etc. Then I go hard and work the wire every week thereafter.

I gotta recommend the exact opposite, especially if a league uses FAAB. First couple of weeks are where you're going to find your potential league winners IMO.
I haven't played in leagues with waiver claim priority positioning in forever. I have done a ton of leagues with FAAB. I usually drafted more good players than I could play, so I would usually let everyone else burn through their FAAB dollars on early flavors of the week. Halfway into the season, I'd have guys that went on IR or didn't pan out, and I literally could get any free agent out there because all the other teams were out of money to spend. Once NFL teams start having injuries, there are still plenty of guys that early in the season look useless that turn into diamonds in the rough. IMO, the league winners are the guys still standing (and starting) at the end of the season . . . not necessarily the guys that had a fluke week or two early on. Plus, a lot of times teams would drop someone on a bye week that they should have kept, and those guys would be like free money.

Like when someone in your league uses 50% of his waiver money on Deon Jackson a few weeks ago and he was bidding against nobody. Hilarious.

I haven't played in leagues with waiver claim priority positioning in forever. I have done a ton of leagues with FAAB. I usually drafted more good players than I could play, so I would usually let everyone else burn through their FAAB dollars on early flavors of the week. Halfway into the season, I'd have guys that went on IR or didn't pan out, and I literally could get any free agent out there because all the other teams were out of money to spend. Once NFL teams start having injuries, there are still plenty of guys that early in the season look useless that turn into diamonds in the rough. IMO, the league winners are the guys still standing (and starting) at the end of the season . . . not necessarily the guys that had a fluke week or two early on. Plus, a lot of times teams would drop someone on a bye week that they should have kept, and those guys would be like free money.

Agree with the various points in this post and I’d think that in the main, people on here come out of drafts with great depth on their bench because let’s face it we are all a bit geeky about FF ! 😂

My re-draft bench this week in a 12 team - Roschon Johnson/Skyy Moore/Godwin/Laporta/Elijah Moore

IR/reserve spot - don’t ask me how or why but I’m somehow allowed Kamara in this spot.

Not necessarily easy to find room for players off of the WW in week 1

People should not be sleeping on Bourne. He ended up as WR32 in 2021 on only 70 targets. He has a good connection with Mac Jones, JJSS has lost a step (and his knee is iffy), Parker is very match up dependent (and also struggles to stay in the lineup). Bourne could easily be a fantasy WR2 this year. 80-1000-8 is not out of the question.

I’m just not buying into an 8th year breakout personally. 80-1000-8 would knock the socks off any of his years and be a career year in a big way.
It's his 7th year. He had his mini-breakout in 2021 (his 5th year) when he moved on from SF to NE (and ranked WR32). He didn't produce much early in his career due to his lack of targets (a high of 74). That year, he ranked tied for second in receiving yards per target with Ja'Maar Chase behind only Deebo Samuel.

NE doesn't have much at WR. Bourne saw 11 targets yesterday (most in his career). He's only had 6 games in his career where he was targeted 8 times or more. In those games, he averaged 6.2 receptions, 80.5 YFS, and 0.8 TD. Bourne is the most productive WR on the NE roster. Bill O'Brien is not going to put him in mothballs like Matt Patricia did. The Pats just need to target him more and he will be productive.

Let's extrapolate some numbers. Every year is different, but in 2021, Bourne scored 182.5 fantasy points in 1 PPR leagues with 70 targets. Things will never work out exactly the same, but scoring at the same rate, with 105 targets he would have been in line for 273.8 fantasy points (which would have ranked as WR8 that year). Last year, there were 36 WR that had 105 targets for the season. 105 targets represents an increase of only 2 targets per game over a full season compared to 2021.

Will he be as productive as he was in 2021? Probably not. Will he get 100+ targets? Maybe, maybe not. But he's available for free. Who else on the waiver wire is the favorite to be the WR1 on his team?

What happens when Parker comes back? Bourne just seems to have 1-2 big games then just kinda disappears for a bit. Not saying he isn’t worth an add but I’m just not as optimistic as you I suppose. I can see him being a flex here and there(good luck guessing when) but he’s never been that dude and I don’t see him becoming him suddenly.

In 2021, in PPR leagues, Bourne had weeks where he ranked as WR 5, 5, 8, 12, 23, 25, 35, 43, and 46. Those were his fantasy start worthy weeks in PPR leagues with start 3WR and a FLEX (which for me is all my leagues). That's 9 weeks. Just curious what people think will be on the waiver wire for essentially nothing?

What happens when Parker comes back? Bourne goes back to being the best receiving option NE has. In case people were not aware, JJSS was benched at the end of the game last night (even with Parker out). In his first year in NE, Parker was all over the place. He ranked as the #2 WR . . . in Week 18 (pretty much useless for most leagues). His other noteworthy fantasy weeks he ranked 11, 34, 36, 37, and 43. He had 3 weeks where he scored 0 points and one where he scored 1.9. He also missed 4 weeks. I know he didn't play all those games, but had 8 weeks where he scored a total of 1.9 points (scattered across the season).

It's not just me suggesting that Bourne will have a breakout season. The guys that cover the team think he can make the Pro Bowl and will go for 1,000+ yards.

As someone else mentioned, Pop Douglas of NE may be worth considering in deeper leagues. The Patriots beat brigade see Bourne and Douglas as the most likely to be relevant NE WR. Given that NE just shelled out decent money to Parker and JuJu, that probably is not the best outcome as far as what the team wants to hear.
That all sounds to me like a guy best left for best ball leagues, and will frustrate you if you have to rely on him in any other format. Gesicki is going to be involved. Parker is going to be involved. JJSS (whether we like him or not) is going to be involved. Bourne will get you those fantasy worthy weeks but guessing which ones they are is the problem. He’s not someone I’d start with any confidence and those type of receivers I try to avoid in fantasy. I do like him a lot as a player, but I can’t bring myself to chase the points from this week when it’s an outlier to his body of work so far in his career.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)

Source: someone who didn’t watch the game and didn’t witness the effect (however short-lived) Roshon had on the entire team. Absolutely energized the stadium and the sidelines, both units - the first series the TD brought them within 10 after the successful 2 point conversion.

The defense wilted & offense didn’t sustain much (they scored Johnson’s TD 3 possessions later.)

You’re Matt Eberflus, a defensive minded guy who is already on a very warm seat. Here’s the drive results you got from your RBs Week 1:
Herbert/Foreman
  • downs (1st)
  • FG (1st)
  • FG (1st)
  • punt (2nd)
  • punt (2nd)
  • punt (3rd)
  • fumble (3rd)
Johnson
  • touchdown (3rd - 14-24)
  • interception (4th)
  • punt (4th)
  • touchdown (4th)
  • end of game (4th)
WRT targets - we heard all off-season running QBs and specifically Fields never throw to RBs bc he’d rather just take off. 15 targets week 1 - Herbert - 5, Foreman - 3, Johnson - 7.

Finally, even if most of his touches were in “garbage time”, newsflash, this won’t be the only week the Bears find themselves in that game script.

Independent of that crutch argument (ignore it, ‘twas garbage time), Roschon was the most effective back. Just like he was the most impressive in PS, TC, and OTAs. If he had entered the portal he would have been a Day 2 pick. Dude is legit.

That all sounds to me like a guy best left for best ball leagues, and will frustrate you if you have to rely on him in any other format. Gesicki is going to be involved. Parker is going to be involved. JJSS (whether we like him or not) is going to be involved. Bourne will get you those fantasy worthy weeks but guessing which ones they are is the problem. He’s not someone I’d start with any confidence and those type of receivers I try to avoid in fantasy. I do like him a lot as a player, but I can’t bring myself to chase the points from this week when it’s an outlier to his body of work so far in his career.
Fair points - hard to expect Mac to throw the ball 50+ times very often. I’m looking to stash Bourne at the end of my bench in case it’s a trend, but will pay minimum FAAB for him.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)

Source: someone who didn’t watch the game and didn’t witness the effect (however short-lived) Roshon had on the entire team. Absolutely energized the stadium and the sidelines, both units - the first series the TD brought them within 10 after the successful 2 point conversion.

The defense wilted & offense didn’t sustain much (they scored Johnson’s TD 3 possessions later.)

You’re Matt Eberflus, a defensive minded guy who is already on a very warm seat. Here’s the drive results you got from your RBs Week 1:
Herbert/Foreman
  • downs (1st)
  • FG (1st)
  • FG (1st)
  • punt (2nd)
  • punt (2nd)
  • punt (3rd)
  • fumble (3rd)
Johnson
  • touchdown (3rd - 14-24)
  • interception (4th)
  • punt (4th)
  • touchdown (4th)
  • end of game (4th)
WRT targets - we heard all off-season running QBs and specifically Fields never throw to RBs bc he’d rather just take off. 15 targets week 1 - Herbert - 5, Foreman - 3, Johnson - 7.

Finally, even if most of his touches were in “garbage time”, newsflash, this won’t be the only week the Bears find themselves in that game script.

Independent of that crutch argument (ignore it, ‘twas garbage time), Roschon was the most effective back. Just like he was the most impressive in PS, TC, and OTAs. If he had entered the portal he would have been a Day 2 pick. Dude is legit.
So your saying the Bears scored on 2 of the first 3 drives. Ha ha. Ya, his tweet was kinda misleading. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds. I will say fantasy sports is super quick to jump on the next big thing. In a lot of cases that next big thing never becomes a thing.

I think you can only play him in games they should lose. I wonder what his production (pats pass game in general also) in close games where they prefer to run.

I think you can only play him in games they should lose. I wonder what his production (pats pass game in general also) in close games where they prefer to run.
Given that the point spread set by Vegas only has them favored in 3 games, then he should do gang busters.

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
I’ll take the over. Mostly because Da Bears suck, so there’s going to be a LOT of garbage time.

What percent of your FAAB$ are you using on Nacua and the BAL RBs?
I'll put in some 0$ bids for BAL RBs, but I don't like any of them. Gun to head? Hill I guess.

Nacua, if I need a WR, I'd be fine with 20-30%. Kid looks legit and I think Cooper is cooked.
Agreed about the BAL RBs

There's no way 20-30% will get you Nacua. I'd guess a lot of people will be bidding 50%+. Decisions, decisions!

Are you sure he saw a neurologist? I just read he saw a specialist to look at the nerve. Maybe splitting hairs. In any case I did see something where a nerve issue is pretty standard with a hamstring issue so maybe not a reason to pull the alarm. yet anyway.

For me, this week 1 is going to make it a lot harder to stay patient on Likely's upside / opportunity assuming that Andrews returns.
That whole Likely buzz before week 1 was pretty weak stuff, IMO. Lamar had thrown to his TEs, yeah.

That was one offensive coordinator, one OBJ, and a Zay Flowers ago. Plus a healthy Bateman

There were a lot of offenses with down days, but CHI looked like a mess kind of all over. Playcalling, blocking, everything. I'm not dying for Bears right now.

Collins, Woods and Brown are JAGs

Collins is a 6'4", 4.50 guy. He's no JAG. We'll see if he's improved his route running and separation skills, but that guy is an athlete with a capital "A" even for the NFL.
He just played very well. One show illustrating highlights of last year to this year and different little things he improved upon.

Guy has had it rough facing top corners since he came in. No separation is true but he was facing ones so it's tough to judge at face value

Pass

Hayden Winks

@HaydenWinks

Roschon Johnson (92%)
Eli Mitchell (88%)
Jerome Ford (73%)
We were having such a good conversation. I am using this conversation to peak my interest to buy low on Herbert though. I'll let u know if I'm successful. Mahalo

*pique my interest

Boutte

I think it's time for redraft people to drop some rookies, pickup some others and sort of rethink them. Next is say it's premature and save that for week two or three. Do the dance though.
Thoughts on Tillman yesterday?
Any comments like w Hyatt about getting him involved?
Gotta do this dance

That whole Likely buzz before week 1 was pretty weak stuff, IMO. Lamar had thrown to his TEs, yeah.

That was one offensive coordinator, one OBJ, and a Zay Flowers ago. Plus a healthy Bateman

There were a lot of offenses with down days, but CHI looked like a mess kind of all over. Playcalling, blocking, everything. I'm not dying for Bears right now.
Flowers got so much attention over the middle that I'm now questioning Andrews.

Often there's only one target eating over the middle (well enough for FF).

Users who are viewing this thread