What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Moore, CHI (1 Viewer)

I'll be surprised if he clears 1k yards with Fields. DJM is good, but he's not on AJ Brown's level. I hope I'm wrong because I own him everywhere.
I have him as a WR2 in a start 3 WR league.
Always believed in the talent , its just he never had a "great QB?" to feature him.
If there ever was a year for him to break out, its this one.... ~!
On that note - if he disappoints then I'll likely just write him off as nothing but a mid range WR for fantasy purposes.

I don't dislike Moore, I just think he's more of a solid WR than a top notch one, ala somebody like Amari Cooper
This is what years of Carolina QB does to a player's rep.
If you think about it, it's really amazing he put up that kind of consistency for several years with that dreck at QB.
He's had Cam Newton for 2 games, Taylor Heinicke, Kyle Allen, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker, Sam Darnold, the ghost of Cam Newton, and Baker Mayfield throwing to him. He still put up 3 straight 1100 yard seasons until last year.

Fields will be like Aaron Rodgers compared to all that.

It seems to me people are sleeping a little on DJ. He’s an elite talent. Put him on the Bills and you’re talking a top 5 WR. The Bears went after him. They’re going to do what they can to get him the ball. It doesn’t matter that they run a lot of Fields is locked in on him. There’s no question in my mind DJ will have the best year of his career. He’s a rock solid WR2 with potential to be more

I really didn’t want to draft him this year. I’ve always “kind of” liked him, but he just always fell a bit flat.
I got him as my WR 3, after going RB/RB in the first two round, but even then I was hesitant.
But I’m now part of this thread and I’m on board - let’s go DJ!!

I don't dislike Moore, I just think he's more of a solid WR than a top notch one, ala somebody like Amari Cooper
If you think about it, it's really amazing he put up that kind of consistency for several years with that dreck at QB.
He's had Cam Newton for 2 games, Taylor Heinicke, Kyle Allen, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker, Sam Darnold, the ghost of Cam Newton, and Baker Mayfield throwing to him. He still put up 3 straight 1100 yard seasons until last year.

So bench Rodgers tonight?

So bench Rodgers tonight?
Apparently

DJ Moore caught 2-of-2 targets for 25 yards in the Bears’ Week 1 loss to the Packers.

Moore’s two targets came on back-to-back plays during the Bears’ third possession of the game. What appeared to be the start of a high-volume day for Moore amounted to nothing more than an underwhelming outing, as Justin Fields failed to target his supposed No. 1 receiver for the remaining three quarters. It’s even more astonishing when you consider his two-target outing came in a game the Bears once trailed in by a score of 38-14. Things can only go up for Moore, who is on the WR2 radar next week against the Buccaneers.

- Rotoworld

This felt like Bears offensive coordinator issue more than anything, and the offensive line was not good. They targeted Darnell Mooney on WR screen's multiple times. Multiple times he did absolutely nothing, or dropped the ball.

Only had 2 targets in the first half. Wasn't even targeted the 2nd half when they were down by 2 or more TDs??? Makes zero sense. He should have designed end arounds, and designed WR screens every game with his ability to make people miss. And atleast 1-2 deep targets every game just to keep the defenses honest. I understand he had a top CB shadowing him, but still you find ways to give your best playmakers the ball.

Even on his 2nd catch he made multiple people miss, and looked awesome. Hopefully the Bears correct this, but I don't have a lot of faith because their offensive coordinator was bad last year too. Some coaches have jobs and your like how??? He really has not shown any understanding of how to get the most out of his players and use them correctly... but what do i know?? I am just a dude watching football from his couch lol :ROFLMAO:

Moderately concerned going forward.

Last edited:
This felt like Bears offensive coordinator issue more than anything, and the offensive line was not good. They targeted Darnell Mooney on WR screen's multiple times. Multiple times he did absolutely nothing, or dropped the ball.

Only had 2 targets in the first half. Wasn't even targeted the 2nd half when they were down by 2 or more TDs??? Makes zero sense. He should have designed end arounds, and designed WR screens every game with his ability to make people miss. And atleast 1-2 deep targets every game just to keep the defenses honest. I understand he had a top CB shadowing him, but still you find ways to give your best playmakers the ball.

Even on his 2nd catch he made multiple people miss, and looked awesome. Hopefully the Bears correct this, but I don't have a lot of faith because their offensive coordinator was bad last year too. Some coaches have jobs and your like how??? He really has not shown any understanding of how to get the most out of his players and use them correctly... but what do i know?? I am just a dude watching football from his couch lol :ROFLMAO:

It certainly looked like they reverted back to the poor game plans they were employing at the beginning of last season. Feels like the Matt Canada special, screens, end arounds, 3 yard pass routes, and 0 designed runs for a QB who is electric with the ball in his hands. Was hoping they'd build off the revelations they made by mid season last year, and instead it's like they went backwards.

It certainly looked like they reverted back to the poor game plans they were employing at the beginning of last season. Feels like the Matt Canada special, screens, end arounds, 3 yard pass routes, and 0 designed runs for a QB who is electric with the ball in his hands. Was hoping they'd build off the revelations they made by mid season last year, and instead it's like they went backwards.
Yea same. There is only so big of a leap Fields can take with bad play calling. Like how do you have Fields and only call 2 designed runs all game? And have DJ Moore and only target him twice all game??? I am still hopeful, but still concerned because you can't fix stupid

Last edited:
One thing that does make me hopeful for DJ Moore this week is his games from last year against TB

7 rec 10 tar 69 yards 1 TD 1 rush -3 yards (16.1 pts half PPR)
6 rec 10 tar 117 yards 1 TD (20.7 pts half PPR)

He knows TB defense very well, and if the Bears have any common sense they will know this too. If he puts up another stinker because of their play calling he is getting benched until further notice

I watched some film breakdown of Fields in week 1, and wow he has regressed IMO.

You could see on film Moore was open a bunch of times but the slow reacting Fields never pulled the trigger. Yes some play calling was off for sure, but Fields is struggling to process information. I have Moore in one league, and if his QB keeps showing up like this on film, I won't be keeping him around. Didn't start him week 1 and don't plan to in flex yet.

I’m going Puka over him this week…🤞
That's tough. I have the same decision or Joshua Kelley over Moore if Ekeler is out.

I am leaning towards

Joshua Kelley over DJ Moore (if Ekeler is out)
DJ Moore over Pukem Nukem

TB is good against the run, and not good against the pass. SF is a top defense and that could go south real quick for Rams. DJ Moore has a good track record and a lot of experience against Tampa Bay. You don't spend all that money on DJ Moore to just not make him a priority two weeks in a row after a bad loss. He also had a top corner on him vs GB. Fields definitely looked bad last week too, but DJ Moore needs to be involved early and often if the Bears want to get going.

Last edited:
I have a team with Pittman and Moore, and it really has struck me this summer that I am probably looking at boom/bust with both of them. Under different circumstances, these guys are both consistent target hogs.

This is what we thought we were getting this off-season. Moore of this please.

Yep… Sick to see it on my bench, but the Moore/Fields connection looks good. Some juicy matchups on the horizon that should have Moore as a WR1 you can start with confidence. I’m sure the fantasy talking heads will still be low on him while they chase whatever shiny new toy pops up, shut that noise off.

Nice 👍 He dropped 52 points in the one dynasty league i have him in. Wish i had been able to pry him away in more leagues.

I am super pumped for Moore this year. He deserves a good QB

I said it earlier, he has elite WR1 talent. He has had zero QB help. He is a monster steal as a WR3 that could be top 10.
He's a good WR playing with a QB who hasn't shown any accuracy at the pro level on a team that will probably be bottom 3rd of the league in pass attempts. He would be an excellent #3 receiver but IMO, not sniffing top 12.
Not too early to change your mind. :shades:
Why? It was a preseason TD. Short pass with no defense. It was actually a really bad pass too. Behind him.

But hey. Move him up a round or two 😎
Why?
Because he does have elite talent.
News out of camp has been nothing but positive.
Fields only going to get better.
Have you seem who his previous QB's were?

You can get him as a WR2 or even a WR3 and he CAN produce top 10 numbers. You don't want that?
yea the rapport those two has reminds me of Kupp and Stafford in their first season, and the potential is there for an AJ Brown 2022 season at a discounted price . This has DJ Moore’s best season yet written all over it
As a panthers fan hated to see him go… but that franchise is awful, and I am happy he is able to show case his talent finally. DJ Moore is a great dude too

8 rec 230 yds 3 TDs … the talent was always there just never had a QB

It’s happening :moneybag:💪

Next Gen Stats
D.J. Moore gained 221 of his 230 yards on hitches and go routes, the most yards on those two routes in a game over the last six seasons.

Moore recorded +141 receiving yards over expected, the 2nd-most in a game since 2018.