What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (6 Viewers)

I’m sorry. That was a bullsh*t holding penalty. Brutal way to end a great game.

Shouldn't have come to that. I always say if you are blaming refs for a loss you didn't deserve to win. Eagles shouldn't have put themselves in that situation. They failed to show up in the 2nd half

Maybe a tougher schedule next year will prepare the Eagles for the Super Bowl.
Take your stinky bait back to your garbage Panthers thread or whatever your team is that hasn’t played in months. 😂

He roots for a team who's QB couldn't jump on a fumble and would always throw teammates under the bus when they lost so you got the team correct. Not sure why you guys just don't ignore some of these guys.

:lol: Go rag on Prince and Hurts some more dude. Best player on the field tonite for your "supposed team" and you just bag on him.

Take your stinky bait back to your garbage Panthers thread or whatever your team is that hasn’t played in months. 😂

Maybe you should take it to the San Fran thread and troll them some more loser.
No need to be a tool just because you are a fan of a franchise that won’t sniff this game anytime soon. If you are going to troll get better at it, post a link to anything I posted on the San Fran thread…..when you can’t just scoot along.

Yeah, that call sucked and the field sucked, etc but with the way we were playing defense we weren't going to win that game anyway.
Of all the games for the defense to completely no show, wow. They were hearing how great they were a little too much.

We also won the TO battle all year. We lost it tonight. Every game we've lost the TO battle was a loss this year. We're lucky the Sanders one was Overturned too. Right after the Chiefs scored so easily in the 2nd half and then that play I figured we were losing. Didn't come to play in the 2nd half

Just remember the Eagles Defense has only given up 28 PTS tonight. Offense gifted them a fumble 7. Thats at very least 1O pt swing
Go celebrate in the KC thread.

Hurts gifted them 7 its its beyond me how you guys can't even admit that in here. His TO was one of the key big plays of this game. Yes he played well but you can't deny that was a huge mistake and turning point of this game.

Yes the defense was an issue but it was more than just the defense. Team loss
Dude.....NOBODY is arguing that it wasn't. BUt you can't acknowledge the simple fact that we wouldn't have been there at all with most QBs, nor that outside that play he played terrific. he was the reason it was close at all, even though he gave them 7

No need to be a tool just because you are a fan of a franchise that won’t sniff this game anytime soon. If you are going to troll get better at it, post a link to anything I posted on the San Fran thread…..when you can’t just scoot along.
I don't think Bass was trolling here. I thought it was a funny post after all the garbage of the past week, and a couple of y'all are taking it the wrong way :shrug:

Just remember the Eagles Defense has only given up 28 PTS tonight. Offense gifted them a fumble 7. Thats at very least 1O pt swing

Hurts gifted them 7 its its beyond me how you guys can't even admit that in here. His TO was one of the key big plays of this game. Yes he played well but you can't deny that was a huge mistake and turning point of this game.

Dude.....NOBODY is arguing that it wasn't. BUt you can't acknowledge the simple fact that we wouldn't have been there at all with most QBs, nor that outside that play he played terrific. he was the reason it was close at all, even though he gave them 7
And he came right back and reclaimed that 7.

Thank you Jalen for another huge FD winning night and taking down the FBG Playoff league. Every pundit and the FD salary structure had Hurts behind Mahomes. It was like taking candy from a baby.

Shouldn't have come to that. I always say if you are blaming refs for a loss you didn't deserve to win. Eagles shouldn't have put themselves in that situation. They failed to show up in the 2nd half
Who was better, Hurts or Mahomes?
Both were awesome. Hurts had more numbers, but Mahomes was money when it mattered. And both are young enough to call it a draw and see what the future brings

I'm disappointed but not heartbroken. KC was a great team all year.

Also think this is fuel that a guy like Hurts will use to get even better. He's gonna have nightmares about that fumble, and he's gonna come back on fire next year

I don't think Bass was trolling here. I thought it was a funny post after all the garbage of the past week, and a couple of y'all are taking it the wrong way :shrug:
I'll admit it was trolling some of the guys who felt like jumping in the San Fran thread and the guys posting that Philly ending Purdy's season was some great accomplishment.

That said, the Eagles were at a disadvantage with the Chiefs being harden against Buffalo, Cinny, and LAC. That would have applied to any NFC team. I definately think there's an advantage getting dress rehersals vs Herbert, Burrown, Allen, etc.

Also think this is fuel that a guy like Hurts will use to get even better. He's gonna have nightmares about that fumble, and he's gonna come back on fire next year
Not sure if better is realistic. If so, sign him immediately for 7 years before LJax sings.

Not sure if better is realistic. If so, sign him immediately for 7 years before LJax sings.
Hurts is so much better then LJax..........

Immediate thoughts:

Don't like how under utilized Brown and Smith were second half.

Quez is not good enough as a WR3.

Love Miles but he's gone.

Defensive scheme was awful tonight. What did Ganon think the Chiefs were gonna do? They kept an extra TE in, ran 2 WRs, Kelce and a back all night. No pass rush. Juju looked like a ****ing hero.

Draft a corner with #10. Let Bradberry walk. He had a great year but he's going to cost $15-20m a year e a new deal. Not worth it.

Resign CJGJ.

Hurts was amazing this year. Probably the best Eagles QB season ever.

That's all I got for now.

Sure we wouldn't have but that Trade for AJ Brown really helped too.

Hurts and it wasn't even close.
Mahomes didn't have the numbers but he was sooooo clutch in that 2nd half. What more did he need to do? Hurts was also awesome. Great to see that 2 MVP players all year played like MVP studs in the biggest game of the year.

That Brown TD catch is gonna go down in my mind as one of the best plays I've ever seen from a WR. He slowed on purpose and put his hands up to fool the DB into slowing down and turning for a ball that wasn't there yet. Then got a yard of seperation instantly by turning the jets back on to be in the perfect spot to catch it. Absolutely brilliant play that didn't get enough credit

Heck of a season boys, the future is much brighter than I anticipated coming into the season. Bummed to be this close and have the defense lay an egg but our QB didn’t blink in the biggest game against the best.

Both were awesome. Hurts had more numbers, but Mahomes was money when it mattered. And both are young enough to call it a draw and see what the future brings

I think numbers can be deceiving here. We had more of the ball then KC most of the game. Held KC. They also missed a possession do to the Fumble return for a TD. Not saying neither was worse but I think if both had similar possession numbers would be similar

I think numbers can be deceiving here. We had more of the ball then KC most of the game. Held KC. They also missed a possession do to the Fumble return for a TD. Not saying neither was worse but I think if both had similar possession numbers would be similar
Dude, holy schnikeys! Just admit you were wrong in your initial take on Hurts. He is a really good, possibly great QB. And he deserves to be the Franchise. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Dude, holy schnikeys! Just admit you were wrong in your initial take on Hurts.
Good luck with that. I like Djax a lot. He's a good dude. But he will never admit this.

The defense gave up a 10 point half time lead. The defensive TD was in the first Q and they still had a 10 point lead starting the 3rd. The defense had several blown coverages that are really inexcusable. They had the wide open TD on one drive, then came back with the exact same play to the other side and the defense blew that one too. The D needed just one stop in the 2nd half and the Eagles win that game. They couldn't come up with one stop. That the special teams.
The Eagles scored the most points in SB history and lose. That's on the defense.

Good luck with that. I like Djax a lot. He's a good dude. But he will never admit this.
I like him a lot, too

The defense gave up a 10 point half time lead. The defensive TD was in the first Q and they still had a 10 point lead starting the 3rd. The defense had several blown coverages that are really inexcusable. They had the wide open TD on one drive, then came back with the exact same play to the other side and the defense blew that one too. The D needed just one stop in the 2nd half and the Eagles win that game. They couldn't come up with one stop. That the special teams.
The Eagles scored the most points in SB history and lose. That's on the defense.
the motions KC put their guys in in the 2nd Half were brilliant. Exploited the Defense, and were almost indefensible, given the coverage.

I like him a lot, too
I like him a good bit but really like his stories the most.

the motions KC put their guys in in the 2nd Half were brilliant. Exploited the Defense, and were almost indefensible, given the coverage.
The Eagles post game show pointed out how much KC dominated both lines in the 2nd half. They came out and outplayed the Eagles in the trenches.

Who on the Eagles played better than Hurts?

No one, man among boys.

No one, man among boys.
@DJackson10

He had a performance of the ages. On what planet does that type of super bowl performance end up in a loss? He was the best player on the team (maybe the entire field). Goedert and Brown were pretty damn close to matching him.

Reactions: JAA

He had a performance of the ages. On what planet does that type of super bowl performance end up in a loss? He was the best player on the team (maybe the entire field). Goedert and Brown were pretty damn close to matching him.
Just checked my championship playoff team. Hurts 50 to Mahomes 30. I won by 6 points, he had Kelce too. Total domination of Patirick. Hurts makes those uncovered throws to Toney and Moore too and twice on Sunday.

I will call BS on Mahomes over Hurts for MVP. Philly D coming up small doesn't negate Hurts being the best player on the field.
MVP ?? LOL !!!
Hurts is an OK QB on a great team ... more like a decent RB because he cant throw like a QB. He hurls the ball downfield as far as he can into double coverage and hopes that one of his many great receiving targets pulls it. Those WRs and TE's are so unbelievably good at contested catches and adjusting to poorly thrown balls it's crazy.
Even his running is only OK ... Almost any QB in the NFL could make those 1 yard runs with the Best Oline in football plowing through the defense.

Put Hurts on the Giants with the worst OLine, WR's and TE's in the NFL and he would be benched for Tyrod Taylor ... LOL !!!

Aside from the Defense and the Terrible coaching tonight ... Hurts was probably the biggest reason the Eagles lost tonight!

Aside from the Eagles Oline, Goedert, Smith and AJ Brown ... I cant think of anyone.
He did have the turning point of the game play on the untouched fumble Return for a TD ... So I guess you could argue he was the MVP for KC

I will call BS on Mahomes over Hurts for MVP. Philly D coming up small doesn't negate Hurts being the best player on the field.
MVP ?? LOL !!!
Hurts is an OK QB on a great team ... more like a decent RB because he cant throw like a QB. He hurls the ball downfield as far as he can into double coverage and hopes that one of his many great receiving targets pulls it. Those WRs and TE's are so unbelievably good at contested catches and adjusting to poorly thrown balls it's crazy.
Even his running is only OK ... Almost any QB in the NFL could make those 1 yard runs with the Best Oline in football plowing through the defense.

Put Hurts on the Giants with the worst OLine, WR's and TE's in the NFL and he would be benched for Tyrod Taylor ... LOL !!!

Aside from the Defense and the Terrible coaching tonight ... Hurts was probably the biggest reason the Eagles lost tonight!
WOW. Guess you missed the several perfectly placed ball sin tight coverage to Goedert? People see the running stats and assume he's just another "runing QB" with marginal passing skills, and that's simply not true. Dude is a top 10 passer at this point, with his running making him a top 5 overall QB and legit MVP candidate

MVP ?? LOL !!!

WOW. Guess you missed the several perfectly placed ball sin tight coverage to Goedert? People see the running stats and assume he's just another "runing QB" with marginal passing skills, and that's simply not true. Dude is a top 10 passer at this point, with his running making him a top 5 overall QB and legit MVP candidate
Spit the hook.

MVP ?? LOL !!!

Djax? You accidentally sign in to your alt?

MVP ?? LOL !!!

Not sure what game you were watching, Hurts made Mahomes look like D2 QB.

Users who are viewing this thread