What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official John Fetterman thread*** (2 Viewers)

Stolen election narrative isn't even in the top 5 of important issues for Pennsylvanians. Crime, education, taxes, inflation, economy and abortion. The January 6th stuff is just a base energizing topic, it has no sway in this race.
I'm with Bill Maher on this one: The average person isn't very smart. When they wake up one day to realize the other party has effectively destroyed the voting process, they'll wonder what happened.

Or they can stay in their unheated house with barely enough $ to buy their groceries because crime is running rampant.
Why do you care so much about crime?

I am obviously being sarcastic, but the governor of New York isn't when she pretty much says this.

Just another right-wing narrative that we are all falling for.

If I lived in New York, taking the subway would be a non-starter for me. I'm going Uber, I don't care how much it costs. Seen too many instances of people getting pushed on the tracks. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Stolen election narrative isn't even in the top 5 of important issues for Pennsylvanians. Crime, education, taxes, inflation, economy and abortion. The January 6th stuff is just a base energizing topic, it has no sway in this race.
I'm with Bill Maher on this one: The average person isn't very smart. When they wake up one day to realize the other party has effectively destroyed the voting process, they'll wonder what happened.

Or they can stay in their unheated house with barely enough $ to buy their groceries because crime is running rampant.

I am obviously being sarcastic, but the governor of New York isn't when she pretty much says this.

If I lived in New York, taking the subway would be a non-starter for me. I'm going Uber, I don't care how much it costs. Seen too many instances of people getting pushed on the tracks. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Only Snake Plisken has the guts to use the subway in 2022.

So everyone should vote Democrat, then? How convenient.
Let's be honest here. If Biden tries to set up fake electors after spending months undermining the election as rigged, and there were Democrats on the ticket who not only supported him, but continue to push the narrative that the election was stolen, you are not voting for those people.
Probably so, but I'm likely voting third party or not voting rather than voting for someone with irrefutable brain damage.

6 months after a stroke is when you start to see a slowing in the recovery process, it's been 5 months so in the next 4 weeks he'd have to make a miraculous recovery. The guy may never fully recover from this. Trump derangement syndrome really has people wanting to vote for a walking vegetable.

Only Snake Plisken has the guts to use the subway in 2022.

Only if he's in hologram form.

Let's be honest here. If Biden tries to set up fake electors after spending months undermining the election as rigged, and there were Democrats on the ticket who not only supported him, but continue to push the narrative that the election was stolen, you are not voting for those people.
Probably so, but I'm likely voting third party or not voting rather than voting for someone with irrefutable brain damage.

6 months after a stroke is when you start to see a slowing in the recovery process, it's been 5 months so in the next 4 weeks he'd have to make a miraculous recovery. The guy may never fully recover from this. Trump derangement syndrome really has people wanting to vote for a walking vegetable.
You can call it that. It's basically the majority of voters don't want Trump or anybody that is endorsed by him;. But the republican party can't seem to figure that out and here where are with a very old man as president and possibly a guy recovering from a stoke as a senator .

Are you for the D’s winning in 2024 at any cost if it were against a Trump endorsed candidate?
If it's a MAGA, win at any costs type, yes. I kinda like the democratic process and want my vote to count in future elections. I assume you do too.
I guess we need to determine what makes a MAGA person. If I like a lot of the platform but hate Trump, am I a MAGA person?
If you don't vote Dems you're a MAGA

Fetterman is not fit to serve in the Senate.

Dr. Oz. - grifting lying opportunist and United Stated Senator.

After watching it is obvious Fetterman is not healthy enough or able to serve. I felt bad for him as he still has a long road to recovery.

Why was he not replaced on the ticket after his illness is the question.

After watching it is obvious Fetterman is not healthy enough or able to serve. I felt bad for him as he still has a long road to recovery.

Why was he not replaced on the ticket after his illness is the question.

IIRC he was leading comfortably in the polls. I don't think anyone thought Oz had a chance so they just ran with Fetterman. Now it's too late.

But you’re now voting for a side that is saying if they don’t the next election, it is because it’s stolen. How is that better?

I guess we need to determine what makes a MAGA person. If I like a lot of the platform but hate Trump, am I a MAGA person?
You're not running for office so it's irrelevant what you are.

Regarding the person running for office, if they continue to be an election denier after all the information that's come out to refute such claims, I throw them in the MAGA bucket.

But you’re now voting for a side that is saying if they don’t the next election, it is because it’s stolen. How is that better?
I'm not voting for a "side". I'm voting for a person. Whoever is saying what you've generalized, they're not getting my vote. I don't care what party they're in.

Regarding the person running for office, if they continue to be an election denier after all the information that's come out to refute such claims, I throw them in the MAGA bucket.
Our current president has called out team red voters as MAGA people on a few occasions.

Just a reminder for those against "win at all costs" - Fetterman had his stroke BEFORE the primaries. We're watching a win-at-all-costs strategy in real time.

I'm not voting for a "side". I'm voting for a person. Whoever is saying what you've generalized, they're not getting my vote. I don't care what party they're in.
Remember what Bill Maher said a few posts back - that the average voter isn’t very smart. Hillary carries some weight still.

Sorry, a vote for third party or a no vote is a vote for Trump. We can't have people in office that support that traitor.
This is an important point that I think a lot of people gloss over. In a lot of cases, we aren't voting for something/somebody. We're voting against something/somebody. In 2020, the Dem candidate could have been a literal cow flop and I would have pulled the lever to prevent Trump from winning. That continues on for those who continue to push the stolen election narrative.
Are you for the D’s winning in 2024 at any cost if it were against a Trump endorsed candidate?

If the R’s win in 2024, would it be a stolen election like Hillary is stating now?

If the GOP candidate wins enough electoral votes then I will say it was a legitimate election and accept it. If they resort to submitting fake electors or have state legislators throw out the results of the people like Trump tried in 2020 then it will have been a stolen election.

It really comes down to this: allow the people of each state to vote and accept those results unless there is PROOF of election fraud that will hold up in court.

I am not sure why the GOP couldn't (and still can't) do this.

Define PROOF. Enough to stand in a court of law or enough to stand is say a Congressional Committee? Does the proof need to be enough to sway the outcome of the election in that particular state or just enough to put into doubt the legitimacy of some votes or some voting method? In every single election there is PROOF of fraud.
Obviously it would have to be enough to change the outcome of the election and I think the evidence needs to be such that you can prove it in court. This isn't about politics it is about being able to substantiate your claims.

I'll stand by this no matter which candidate wins in 2024. Will you?

Wife and I went to NYC for 4 days and used the subway extensively. Aside from one guy that appeared to be drunk, it was fine.

Sorry, a vote for third party or a no vote is a vote for Trump. We can't have people in office that support that traitor.
This is an important point that I think a lot of people gloss over. In a lot of cases, we aren't voting for something/somebody. We're voting against something/somebody. In 2020, the Dem candidate could have been a literal cow flop and I would have pulled the lever to prevent Trump from winning. That continues on for those who continue to push the stolen election narrative.

If the R’s win in 2024, would it be a stolen election like Hillary is stating now?

If the GOP candidate wins enough electoral votes then I will say it was a legitimate election and accept it. If they resort to submitting fake electors or have state legislators throw out the results of the people like Trump tried in 2020 then it will have been a stolen election.

It really comes down to this: allow the people of each state to vote and accept those results unless there is PROOF of election fraud that will hold up in court.

I am not sure why the GOP couldn't (and still can't) do this.

Define PROOF. Enough to stand in a court of law or enough to stand is say a Congressional Committee? Does the proof need to be enough to sway the outcome of the election in that particular state or just enough to put into doubt the legitimacy of some votes or some voting method? In every single election there is PROOF of fraud.
Obviously it would have to be enough to change the outcome of the election and I think the evidence needs to be such that you can prove it in court. This isn't about politics it is about being able to substantiate your claims.

I'll stand by this no matter which candidate wins in 2024. Will you?
I will, I did in the last one.

If it's a MAGA, win at any costs type, yes. I kinda like the democratic process and want my vote to count in future elections. I assume you do too.
You don’t seem like a MAGA person to me. Although it seems, on the national level, the republicans don’t have much of a platform besides supporting Trump.

In the video you have these people denying the results of the 2000 and 2016 elections:

Joe Biden
Kamala Harris
Hillary Clinton
Jerry Nadler
John Lewis
Dianne Feinstein
Numerous Representatives

MAGA? Can we stop with this election denier stuff. Both side do it/have done it.

Could Fetterman be replaced on the ballot for medical reasons or would he have to voluntarily step down/decide not to run?

Wife and I went to NYC for 4 days and used the subway extensively. Aside from one guy that appeared to be drunk, it was fine.

She's a brave woman. I'm a scaredy cat.

Could Fetterman be replaced on the ballot for medical reasons or would he have to voluntarily step down/decide not to run?

That would ensure that Oz would win the seat. Early voting has already begun. If he was going to drop out, he should have done so prior to the primary.

Just a reminder for those against "win at all costs" - Fetterman had his stroke BEFORE the primaries. We're watching a win-at-all-costs strategy in real time.
When you are going up against the likes of OZ that supports a former POTUS that tried to lie, cheat, and organize a mob to remain in power, it IS win at all costs. If he had a backbone and stood against the traitor instead of embracing him and actually lived in the state perhaps I would have considered him as a viable candidate.

Oz doesn't give a damn about Pennsylvania, he is only here now because Toomey was stepping down -- it could just as easily have been Ohio or West Virginia

You don’t seem like a MAGA person to me. Although it seems, on the national level, the republicans don’t have much of a platform besides supporting Trump.
The campaign rules have changed. Why give out your platform and have the other side modify it and apply it? I don’t like it and it sucks. Voting for the unknown really sucks also.

If you truly despise everything about Oz, you should be absolutely irate about the Democrat Party putting Fetterman up against him.
Was the primary before the stroke?
No. He had the stroke on a Friday, and the primary was the following Tuesday. He and his wife/Team very much downplayed the seriousness of the stroke prior to the election.

That would ensure that Oz would win the seat. Early voting has already begun. If he was going to drop out, he should have done so prior to the primary.

I thought about giving that as a caveat - I get that. I'm just asking from a procedural standpoint - could the DNC have taken the step any time after he won the nomination to remove him from the ticket and given the nomination to someone else.

When you are going up against the likes of OZ that supports a former POTUS that tried to lie, cheat, and organize a mob to remain in power, it IS win at all costs. If he had a backbone and stood against the traitor instead of embracing him and actually lived in the state perhaps I would have considered him as a viable candidate.

Oz doesn't give a damn about Pennsylvania, he is only here now because Toomey was stepping down -- it could just as easily have been Ohio or West Virginia
Good luck convincing all but the most dedicated partisans that electing a legitimately brain-damaged candidate is superior to the other option.

She's a brave woman. I'm a scaredy cat.
She is. To be honest we were concerned about the subway but we both came away being impressed. They are clean, fast, frequent and inexpensive.

If you truly despise everything about Oz, you should be absolutely irate about the Democrat Party putting Fetterman up against him.
Was the primary before the stroke?
No. He had the stroke on a Friday, and the primary was the following Tuesday. He and his wife/Team very much downplayed the seriousness of the stroke prior to the election.
I couldn't recall, I remembered it being close. No idea what state law is on something like that. I remember years ago, wasn't Paul Wellstone already on the ballot in MN when he was killed in that plane crash? Seems like Mondale replaced him if memory serves me right. However I'm sure each state law is different and that being a death versus a type of incapacitation.

Good luck convincing all but the most dedicated partisans that electing a legitimately brain-damaged candidate is superior to the other option.

I guess I don't view people recovering from medical conditions the same as you.

And I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am just telling you why I can't vote for Oz or anyone else that supports Trump.

I guess I don't view people recovering from medical conditions the same as you.

And I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am just telling you why I can't vote for Oz or anyone else that supports Trump.
That's why I doubt the final result is impacted by last night as much as some in the media are saying. For most of us these days, our minds are already made up. There aren't as many undecideds late. Some true swing voters have already made their choices. Even as a swing voter, if this cycle you were more influenced by anti Trump sentiment you were going to vote Fetterman anyway, if you were concerned about crime and inflation, you likely were already locked into Oz. I do think though that there is that small amount left that could be impacted or swayed, and in a tight race it might have been enough to move Oz ahead. However, Oz is running against the headwinds from a weak Mastriano campaign.

But from what I could see, if you weren't already locked in with Fetterman before last night, I'm not sure how you get there after what we saw on that stage.

The campaign rules have changed. Why give out your platform and have the other side modify it and apply it? I don’t like it and it sucks. Voting for the unknown really sucks also.
I get it and I understood your point about how they generally still try and pass traditionally conservative policies.

I just think this is part of what worries people about the GOP right now. I was talking about this over lunch last week with a friend who is a conservative libertarian type. Was surprised at how worried he is about the rise of radicalism within the GOP. Maybe I'm cynical, but I think much of this is just a ploy to get elected and pass more tax cuts. Trump remains extremely popular with the base and rallying with him does boost ones chances within the primaries. This faction of more true believers vs traditional conservatives grows larger each cycle.

Seems a bit uncertain what would really happen if Trump were to regain power, but I think even a small risk of the anti-democratic outcomes he clearly desires is intolerable. Just thinking outloud on some of this.

Users who are viewing this thread