What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official John Fetterman thread*** (1 Viewer)

I don't gamble, so if this question is ignorant, I apologize.

I have been reading that since the debate that the betting markets have shifted dramatically in Oz's favor.

Does that mean the markets think Oz is going to win or rather they think that people are going to bet on Oz winning?

I don't gamble, so if this question is ignorant, I apologize.

I have been reading that since the debate that the betting markets have shifted dramatically in Oz's favor.

Does that mean the markets think Oz is going to win or rather they think that people are going to bet on Oz winning?
It means the people betting(markets) think Oz will win.

I laugh when people say that Vegas knows. They really don’t for the most part, they reflect the action that is coming in. Even more important is who is betting it. That is the basic premise of sharps Vs squares.

Watching Biden wander around lost once again maybe somehow helps Fetterman? The problem is Fetterman himself is getting worse. If Fetterman gets elected and then steps down, who takes his spot? Who will be Lt Gov?
Link?
LOL pass. Use your own news sources. Watch the videos of him right after the stroke. Compare to recent videos. Report back.
I have already. So it's just your opinion. Got it. Kind of an important thing to leave out.
Everything I post is my opinion. Feel free to share yours. You claim to have compared him after the stroke and now - so? . . .

Anyone saying he is better now did not acknowledge there was an issue before, so his health was and is a non-concern for his supporters.
Obviously "an issue" is always relative. Who denied he had a stroke and showed symptoms? It's what happens and he's recovering and appears to be getting better.
Can we get an update?

Did they ask
Watching Biden wander around lost once again maybe somehow helps Fetterman? The problem is Fetterman himself is getting worse. If Fetterman gets elected and then steps down, who takes his spot? Who will be Lt Gov?
Link?
LOL pass. Use your own news sources. Watch the videos of him right after the stroke. Compare to recent videos. Report back.
I have already. So it's just your opinion. Got it. Kind of an important thing to leave out.
Everything I post is my opinion. Feel free to share yours. You claim to have compared him after the stroke and now - so? . . .

Anyone saying he is better now did not acknowledge there was an issue before, so his health was and is a non-concern for his supporters.
Obviously "an issue" is always relative. Who denied he had a stroke and showed symptoms? It's what happens and he's recovering and appears to be getting better.
Can we get an update?
Not his doctor. Didn't see the debate.

It's pretty hard to look past Fetterman's disjointed responses last night. I can't imagine he won any undecideds last night, and may have even lost some votes.

Did they ask
Link?

Can we get an update?
Not his doctor. Didn't see the debate.
Only partisan hacks are voting for him now.

I was at my grandson's birthday party so missed the whole debate but saw some clips afterwards. Fetterman clearly has some way to go in his recovery and he badly botched the fracking questions. It was obvious he was caught in a lie and faltered badly.

However I saw enough from Oz to know there is no way I could vote for him. Oz gave a nonsensical answer to whether or not he would support a nationwide ban on abortion, stating that he wants local politicians and doctors to make the decision -- what??? He also was praising fracking last night when previously he expressed serious concerns over the practice so in that scenario he pulled a Fetterman, though without the stumbling.

My biggest problem with OZ is that he fully supports Trump, the guy that tried to lie, cheat and steal the presidential election and then resorted to violence. If you support that, you cannothave my vote.

I was at my grandson's birthday party so missed the whole debate but saw some clips afterwards. Fetterman clearly has some way to go in his recovery and he badly botched the fracking questions. It was obvious he was caught in a lie and faltered badly.

However I saw enough from Oz to know there is no way I could vote for him. Oz gave a nonsensical answer to whether or not he would support a nationwide ban on abortion, stating that he wants local politicians and doctors to make the decision -- what??? He also was praising fracking last night when previously he expressed serious concerns over the practice so in that scenario he pulled a Fetterman, though without the stumbling.

My biggest problem with OZ is that he fully supports Trump, the guy that tried to lie, cheat and steal the presidential election and then resorted to violence. If you support that, you cannothave my vote.

Saying he would vote "no" on any federal abortion legislation and leave the issue up to the states isn't nonsensical.

No way I'm voting for Fetterman.
Let's be real here...you never were going to vote for Fetterman no matter what happened in this debate.

Let's be real here...anyone voting for Fetterman AFTER this debate wasn't voting for Oz no matter what happened. The bar was set so low it was almost at the floor for Fetterman. His campaign was waving the white flag before the debate. After the debate, he didn't even get over that extremely low bar. He was an absolute embarrassment on that stage. He would have been better off not debating at all. The guy doesn't deserve a pity vote, he deserves to spend the next few months/years recovering from his stroke and making a run when he is fully recovered.

I can understand people not voting for Oz as a no vote for anything Trump, but to vote for Fetterman, people should have their voting rights revoked. The guy isn't physically or mentally capable of serving.

Saying he would vote "no" on any federal abortion legislation and leave the issue up to the states isn't nonsensical.
He was asked directly if he would vote "yay" or "nay" on Lindsey Graham's bill to ban abortion after 15 weeks. Instead of answering yes or no he said that he wants "women, doctors, and local political leaders to put the best ideas forward so states can decide for themselves".

If he truly feels that states should make that decision then he should have just come out and say he doesn't support the bill but he didn't because he knows his Republican base doesn't want to hear that.

Also, if left up to a majority, the state of Pennsylvania would almost certainly oppose an abortion ban so if Oz is elected would he support the will of the people? I don't think so.

Let's be real here...you never were going to vote for Fetterman no matter what happened in this debate.

Let's be real here...anyone voting for Fetterman AFTER this debate wasn't voting for Oz no matter what happened. The bar was set so low it was almost at the floor for Fetterman. His campaign was waving the white flag before the debate. After the debate, he didn't even get over that extremely low bar. He was an absolute embarrassment on that stage. He would have been better off not debating at all. The guy doesn't deserve a pity vote, he deserves to spend the next few months/years recovering from his stroke and making a run when he is fully recovered.

I can understand people not voting for Oz as a no vote for anything Trump, but to vote for Fetterman, people should have their voting rights revoked. The guy isn't physically or mentally capable of serving.
Sorry, a vote for third party or a no vote is a vote for Trump. We can't have people in office that support that traitor.

He was asked directly if he would vote "yay" or "nay" on Lindsey Graham's bill to ban abortion after 15 weeks. Instead of answering yes or no he said that he wants "women, doctors, and local political leaders to put the best ideas forward so states can decide for themselves".

If he truly feels that states should make that decision then he should have just come out and say he doesn't support the bill but he didn't because he knows his Republican base doesn't want to hear that.

Also, if left up to a majority, the state of Pennsylvania would almost certainly oppose an abortion ban so if Oz is elected would he support the will of the people? I don't think so.

He did say that. He say he would "vote no on any federal abortion legislation" and the issue should be left up to the states. You can't be any more clear.

Sorry, a vote for third party or a no vote is a vote for Trump. We can't have people in office that support that traitor.

God forbid we go back to 2018, things are so much better now.

This is an important point that I think a lot of people gloss over. In a lot of cases, we aren't voting for something/somebody. We're voting against something/somebody. In 2020, the Dem candidate could have been a literal cow flop and I would have pulled the lever to prevent Trump from winning. That continues on for those who continue to push the stolen election narrative.

after 6 months after a stroke you are about as good as you get.

This is an important point that I think a lot of people gloss over. In a lot of cases, we aren't voting for something/somebody. We're voting against something/somebody. In 2020, the Dem candidate could have been a literal cow flop and I would have pulled the lever to prevent Trump from winning. That continues on for those who continue to push the stolen election narrative.

Stolen election narrative isn't even in the top 5 of important issues for Pennsylvanians. Crime, education, taxes, inflation, economy and abortion. The January 6th stuff is just a base energizing topic, it has no sway in this race.

Stolen election narrative isn't even in the top 5 of important issues for Pennsylvanians. Crime, education, taxes, inflation, economy and abortion. The January 6th stuff is just a base energizing topic, it has no sway in this race.
When it’s all they have outside of abortion…

Are you for the D’s winning in 2024 at any cost if it were against a Trump endorsed candidate?

If the R’s win in 2024, would it be a stolen election like Hillary is stating now?

I can tell you here in Philadelphia, crime is the #1 issue followed by inflation. We're getting ready to impeach our DA here for his soft on crime policies. I think Fetterman may be even left of Krasner on crime. That isn't going to fly in the SE portion of the state. If a Democrat wants to win Pennsylvania, they need to win by a large margin in Philly. I don't see black Philly voters coming out to vote for a guy like Fetterman and they certainly don't care about January 6th.

It does for me.

I can tell you here in Philadelphia, crime is the #1 issue followed by inflation. We're getting ready to impeach our DA here for his soft on crime policies. I think Fetterman may be even left of Krasner on crime. That isn't going to fly in the SE portion of the state. If a Democrat wants to win Pennsylvania, they need to win by a large margin in Philly. I don't see black Philly voters coming out to vote for a guy like Fetterman and they certainly don't care about January 6th.
Exact same thing in Chicago. Both cities will vote for another D mayor, just because.

Are you for the D’s winning in 2024 at any cost if it were against a Trump endorsed candidate?

If the R’s win in 2024, would it be a stolen election like Hillary is stating now?

If the GOP candidate wins enough electoral votes then I will say it was a legitimate election and accept it. If they resort to submitting fake electors or have state legislators throw out the results of the people like Trump tried in 2020 then it will have been a stolen election.

It really comes down to this: allow the people of each state to vote and accept those results unless there is PROOF of election fraud that will hold up in court.

I am not sure why the GOP couldn't (and still can't) do this.

I'm with Bill Maher on this one: The average person isn't very smart. When they wake up one day to realize the other party has effectively destroyed the voting process, they'll wonder what happened.

It does for me.
It does for me too.

I was considering voting for

I was considering voting for him because I am very much pro choice, and I don’t believe anything Oz says about anything.
So I can understand people voting for him, even after last nights fiasco

Fine we know you really dislike Oz, but THIS is your takeaway after that debate?

So everyone should vote Democrat, then? How convenient.

Exact same thing in Chicago. Both cities will vote for another D mayor, just because.

I'm being told that here in PA, Philly DA Larry Krasner's articles of impeachment will be read today. So crime is a major, major issue for Philly.

Let's be honest here. If Biden tries to set up fake electors after spending months undermining the election as rigged, and there were Democrats on the ticket who not only supported him, but continue to push the narrative that the election was stolen, you are not voting for those people.

I'm with Bill Maher on this one: The average person isn't very smart. When they wake up one day to realize the other party has effectively destroyed the voting process, they'll wonder what happened.

Or they can stay in their unheated house with barely enough $ to buy their groceries because crime is running rampant.

If the GOP candidate wins enough electoral votes then I will say it was a legitimate election and accept it. If they resort to submitting fake electors or have state legislators throw out the results of the people like Trump tried in 2020 then it will have been a stolen election.

It really comes down to this: allow the people of each state to vote and accept those results unless there is PROOF of election fraud that will hold up in court.

I am not sure why the GOP couldn't (and still can't) do this.

Define PROOF. Enough to stand in a court of law or enough to stand is say a Congressional Committee? Does the proof need to be enough to sway the outcome of the election in that particular state or just enough to put into doubt the legitimacy of some votes or some voting method? In every single election there is PROOF of fraud.

Or they can stay in their unheated house with barely enough $ to buy their groceries because crime is running rampant.

Defenders of Democracy.

Let's be honest here. If Biden tries to set up fake electors after spending months undermining the election as rigged, and there were Democrats on the ticket who not only supported him, but continue to push the narrative that the election was stolen, you are not voting for those people.
Probably so, but I'm likely voting third party or not voting rather than voting for someone with irrefutable brain damage.

Defenders of Democracy.

Like George Washington's troops at Valley Forge.

Why do you care so much about crime?

I am obviously being sarcastic, but the governor of New York isn't when she pretty much says this.

Why do you care so much about crime?

I am obviously being sarcastic, but the governor of New York isn't when she pretty much says this.

Just another right-wing narrative that we are all falling for.

Users who are viewing this thread