What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A plea for civility in the PSF. (2 Viewers)

I have no BLM information. Nor have I ever commented on a BLM rally. Furthermore I have never said or would say something as absurd as "well all the BLM supporters I know personally are great people but they sure look terrible on tv"
That's a whole level of silliness I wouldn't make the mistake of dropping down to.
I asked where you get your information. I didn't specify BLM. What sources of information do you use, beyond this wonderful forum of course, to know what's going on in the world?
I use the same as everyone else uses I suppose....why?

And we are already back to attacking people for who they vote for. Nothing will ever change on these forums.
Starts a thread pleading for civility, calls anyone who voted differently than him a stain on this country.

Classic Tim.
Lol you guys. I didn’t write that. I wrote that THE VOTE was a stain, not the people who cast it. Most of the folks who voted for him weren’t aware of the fact that they were disgracing the nation, still aren’t.

And we are already back to attacking people for who they vote for. Nothing will ever change on these forums.
Starts a thread pleading for civility, calls anyone who voted differently than him a stain on this country.

Classic Tim.
Lol you guys. I didn’t write that. I wrote that THE VOTE was a stain, not the people who cast it. Most of the folks who voted for him weren’t aware of the fact that they were disgracing the nation, still aren’t.
"That he was elected anyhow was a stain on the honor of this nation, and particularly on those that chose to vote for him."

This clearly doesn't say the vote was a stain and clearly says those that chose to vote for him was a stain. Jeez man.

And that’s the contradiction I was discussing earlier. Every Trump person I know is a wonderful person. Decent and kind. And yet they vote for this awful person with bigoted, unAmerican ideas. I know that most of his supporters aren’t bigoted. So what’s the ****ing deal? I’ve never been able to reconcile it.

Classic Tim.
"That he was elected anyhow was a stain on the honor of this nation, and particularly on those that chose to vote for him."

This clearly doesn't say the vote was a stain and clearly says those that chose to vote for him was a stain. Jeez man.
Read it a third time. It says there’s a stain on them. Not that they are a stain.

Stop being a victim all the time. You’re not one.

Classic Tim.

Read it a third time. It says there’s a stain on them. Not that they are a stain.

Stop being a victim all the time. You’re not one.
Christ no one is claiming to be a victim. You're ridiculous to communicate with.

And that’s the contradiction I was discussing earlier. Every Trump person I know is a wonderful person. Decent and kind. And yet they vote for this awful person with bigoted, unAmerican ideas. I know that most of his supporters aren’t bigoted. So what’s the ****ing deal? I’ve never been able to reconcile it

Maybe they don't like the alternative...especially when that group has had a habit of calling them racists, homophobes and the root of all evil in this country for decades...at some point it's gonna leave a mark.

And that’s the contradiction I was discussing earlier. Every Trump person I know is a wonderful person. Decent and kind. And yet they vote for this awful person with bigoted, unAmerican ideas. I know that most of his supporters aren’t bigoted. So what’s the ****ing deal? I’ve never been able to reconcile it

Maybe they don't like the alternative...especially when that group has had a habit of calling them racists, homophobes and the root of all evil in this country for decades...at some point it's gonna leave a mark.
Yeah, people sure love to play the victim.

Yeah, people sure love to play the victim.
Trumps been a victim his whole life whilst being born on 3rd base and grifting....(still as a victim)-- so he sells the faux connection to his base

Liberals have been completely unfair in their labeling of conservatives. That is absolutely true, no question. It’s been awful and it has been for decades. You are right, no argument.

But does it justify voting for a bad guy? A guy who embodies all of the stereotypes that liberals have made, unjustly, against conservatives? That makes no sense to me.

Liberals have been completely unfair in their labeling of conservatives. That is absolutely true, no question. It’s been awful and it has been for decades. You are right, no argument.

But does it justify voting for a bad guy? A guy who embodies all of the stereotypes that liberals have made, unjustly, against conservatives? That makes no sense to me.
They are voting for lower taxes, a better economy, not ridiculous gas prices, SCOTUS seats (abortion), and other issues. People have explained this for years

They are voting for lower taxes, a better economy, not ridiculous gas prices, SCOTUS seats (abortion), and other issues. People have explained this for years
There were other candidates who offered all of that without the bigotry: Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, etc. why Trump?

There were other candidates who offered all of that without the bigotry: Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, etc. why Trump?
You all would stamp the bigotry claim or similar unwarranted attack on whichever candidate won, it’s what the Left does now. They don’t have to actually be one, just have to be an opponent of todays left.

You all would stamp the bigotry claim on whichever candidate won, it’s what the Left does now. They don’t have to actually be one, just have to be an opponent of todays left.

Desantis is already in the crosshairs...once you're a legit threat buckle up.

You all would stamp the bigotry claim or similar unwarranted attack on whichever candidate won, it’s what the Left does now. They don’t have to actually be one, just have to be an opponent of todays left.
This is true of some perhaps. Not of me. And certainly you can’t make the claim that Donald Trump was no different from any other Republican candidate.

You all would stamp the bigotry claim on whichever candidate won, it’s what the Left does now. They don’t have to actually be one, just have to be an opponent of todays left.

Yep, just go look at the thread here…..all the regulars here applying the same tactics. That’s why Tim’s whining above about voting for a “bad guy” gets the :rolleyes: from everyone that’s seen the playbook daily.

No liberal I know likes DeSantis. But they don’t regard him as they do Trump.

I think most liberals would eagerly accept a DeSantis presidency right now if it meant no more Trump. They would oppose DeSantis’ policies at every instance for sure but it would be different. DeSantis is not the threat that Trump is.

Yep, just go look at the thread here…..all the regulars here applying the same tactics. That’s why Tim’s whining above about voting for a “bad guy” gets the :rolleyes: from everyone that’s seen the playbook daily.
Whining? I’m not whining. I just wrote that I can’t reconcile it.

The Republican Party took its current shape by recruiting those opposed to civil rights legislation over to their side. They opposed most women’s rights legislation, most gay rights legislation, celebrate the Dobbs decision as a crowning achievement of a generation’s worth of effort, and view it as an opportunity to remove legalization of gay marriage.

Their preferred candidate for President rose to power within the party by proposing building a big wall to keep the Mexicans out and they continue to support him even after he tried to overturn an election and stole a bunch of top secret classified material and kept it at his house for a year and a half.

And what point do you expect those actions to have consequences?

Last edited:
Every time I go visit my parents, I tell them (somewhat condescendingly) that they really shouldn't have MSNBC -- or CNN, or any other cable news station -- on in the background because all it does is raise their overall stress levels.

Reading this thread, I realized I should take my own advice. There are a few threads in the PSF that I think have respectful, interesting conversations among people across the political spectrum (I hesitate to even name them because I don't want the usual suspects to come in and ruin them). But I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to stay out of the more contentious threads -- read: anything involving Trump -- going forward. The fact that we're heading into football season makes this easier; I generally shift more of my posting to The Shark Pool this time of year anyway. But I'm going to try to hold myself to that in the offseason as well.

I love discussing politics, but I don't enjoy shouting about it. And it's not good for me either.

Every time I go visit my parents, I tell them (somewhat condescendingly) that they really shouldn't have MSNBC -- or CNN, or any other cable news station -- on in the background because all it does is raise their overall stress levels.

Reading this thread, I realized I should take my own advice. There are a few threads in the PSF that I think have respectful, interesting conversations among people across the political spectrum (I hesitate to even name them because I don't want the usual suspects to come in and ruin them). But I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to stay out of the more contentious threads -- read: anything involving Trump -- going forward. The fact that we're heading into football season makes this easier; I generally shift more of my posting to The Shark Pool this time of year anyway. But I'm going to try to hold myself to that in the offseason as well.

I love discussing politics, but I don't enjoy shouting about it. And it's not good for me either.
WHAT DID YOU SAY?

And that’s the contradiction I was discussing earlier. Every Trump person I know is a wonderful person. Decent and kind. And yet they vote for this awful person with bigoted, unAmerican ideas. I know that most of his supporters aren’t bigoted. So what’s the ****ing deal? I’ve never been able to reconcile it.
Tim if you ever met one of us in person for beers you would love us. And we would love you most likely. The only reason anyone in this subforum gets pissed off is because they spend too much time on the internet. Full Stop :lol:

This place is an anonymous safe space for all of us to pick sides, seek confirmation bias, talk ****, cheer when our side "succeeds" and the other side "fails". This is basically the Shark Pool for people who were nerds/smart in high school, instead of managing a team of NFL players we are managing a team of scumbags in DC.

Nothing discussed here is going to change anyone's mind or "save the country", this is just our chosen form of social media to share news, ***** and complain, seek attention, and have a little camaraderie.

Too bad Trump raised taxes for many (like me), bullied Saudi Arabia into cutting oil output leading directly to increased gas prices which was exacerbated by his best bud Putin invading a country he withheld military aid from. Yes, he did manage to stack the Supreme Court but just because he was in the right place at the right time... It's much more correct to credit McConnell with that accomplishment if you want to credit someone for it.

Trump wasn't all bad. Despite saying endlessly that he loves coal, coal production dropped every straight year of his presidency, so that was good if you acknowledge that coal is a pollution heavy energy source. And honestly, he did a great job hawking our LNG (liquid natural gas) surplus to other countries, which actually did help the economy some. From my view, it's not near enough to offset all the bad that came with him, but it's something I guess.

Anyways, he's easily the least effective President since Carter by any and all objective measures.

Tim if you ever met one of us in person for beers you would love us. And we would love you most likely. The only reason anyone in this subforum gets pissed off is because they spend too much time on the internet. Full Stop :lol:

This place is an anonymous safe space for all of us to pick sides, seek confirmation bias, talk ****, cheer when our side "succeeds" and the other side "fails". This is basically the Shark Pool for people who were nerds/smart in high school, instead of managing a team of NFL players we are managing a team of scumbags in DC.

Nothing discussed here is going to change anyone's mind or "save the country", this is just our chosen form of social media to share news, ***** and complain, seek attention, and have a little camaraderie.
Speak for yourself BB, I’m changing the world in here 1 heart and mind at a time. I matter damn it.

Actually it clearly DOES say the vote was a stain, not the people that voted for him.

You just crushed some liberal dreams and hearts with the bolded my friend. 😂

I realize I'm mainly interested in discussions with like minded individuals. Here anyway. Judicious use of the ignore function should probably be exercised more. Shoutout to the tough individuals who don't ignore anyone. You are truly an alpha male, the rest of us in our puny universe quake in your presence.

I don't think many people here are looking to have their mind changed. If there were, it would occasionally happen. It doesn't.

I realize I'm mainly interested in discussions with like minded individuals. Here anyway. Judicious use of the ignore function should probably be exercised more. Shoutout to the tough individuals who don't ignore anyone. You are truly an alpha male, the rest of us in our puny universe quake in your presence.

I don't think many people here are looking to have their mind changed. If there were, it would occasionally happen. It doesn't.

Many? LOL Nobody here is looking to have their mind changed. Look at some other threads. After a couple days things are back to where they always go. Even you threw in a subtle insult in your response. Just what it is here.

Many? LOL Nobody here is looking to have their mind changed. Look at some other threads. After a couple days things are back to where they always go. Even you threw in a subtle insult in your response. Just what it is here.
Some men, you just can't reach. :shrug:

It's like they don't even read their own posts before hitting "Submit".

Totally missed the subtle insult?

I take gentle issue with the contention that FBG posters can not be swayed on matters of importance.
As I wrote earlier, certain discussions have caused me to change my own mind.

It’s certainly not a compliment to anyone to suggest that no matter how compelling the argument, no matter what new facts are introduced, they’re not going to change their minds. I have respect for a lot of the people here on all sides and I refuse to believe that they’re that closed-minded.

I take gentle issue with the contention that FBG posters can not be swayed on matters of importance.

It’s certainly not a compliment to anyone to suggest that no matter how compelling the argument, no matter what new facts are introduced, they’re not going to change their minds. I have respect for a lot of the people here on all sides and I refuse to believe that they’re that closed-minded.
Has there been a thread where folks post things the PSF has moved the needle / changed their mind out politically ?

Is there really good discussion here?

you can supply links to support, you can explain the pillars of your beliefs and views and if its not in line with liberal left IMO, welcome to the ignore lists

conservative right doesn't seem to use ignore button or recommend or at least not nearly as much

my point is, the discussions can't be good and in depth and honest/open if people refuse to listen to all sides and simply ignore

Has there been a thread where folks post things the PSF has moved the needle / changed their mind out politically ?
It's been mentioned and talked about in various threads, and several posters chimed in that they have changed stances on things. I have on guns for one example.

You will see some claim it but good luck actually finding where it happened….cause it didn’t.

This forum was never meant to be a forum with fair discussion on both sides, it was an emotional support/excuse making chamber for those that melted down over Trump.

It's been mentioned and talked about in various threads, and several posters chimed in that they have changed stances on things. I have on guns for one example.
Ditto. My opinion on gun control has changed quite a bit over the years, in part due to debate on this forum and in part due to (continuing) events.

Classic Tim.

Tim, stop being so condescending.

Maybe you should reevaluate how much faith you have in the media you consume. They are very dishonest about a great many things, and they profit off of your anger/perceptions of the other side.

Consider this:
McCain: Racist, sexist ,bigot, homophobe etc.
Romney: Racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, etc
Trump: Racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, etc.
Biden: Crickets

It gets old being called all of those things because you disagree with a candidate about tax policy or social safety nets. Trump's success is because he was the first one that fought back against it. McCain and Romney did not, and they lost. I know it's been said here before, but Trump isn't Republicans saying F you to Democrats as much as it's saying F you to the media.

Maybe you should reevaluate how much faith you have in the media you consume. They are very dishonest about a great many things, and they profit off of your anger/perceptions of the other side.

Consider this:

It gets old being called all of those things because you disagree with a candidate about tax policy or social safety nets. Trump's success is because he was the first one that fought back against it. McCain and Romney did not, and they lost. I know it's been said here before, but Trump isn't Republicans saying F you to Democrats as much as it's saying F you to the media.
Trump supporters sure like to blame the media for everything.

Consider this:

Really don't at all recall McCain and Romney being tainted as you have here -- I didn't vote for either, but my reasons and consumption of the media around them doesn't reflect this --

Consider this:

Trump supporters sure like to blame the media for everything.
This is total BS

Users who are viewing this thread