What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official "Truth Social" Thread***** (Trump's social media platform) (1 Viewer)

Digital World Acquisition Corp. Announces Filing of Definitive Extension Proxy Statement and Reminds Stockholders to Vote in Favor of Extension Amendment Ahead of Special Meeting

7:00 pm ET August 25, 2022 (Accesswire) Print

MIAMI, FL / ACCESSWIRE / August 25, 2022 / Digital World Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:DWAC) ("Digital World" or the "Company") today announced the filing of a definitive proxy statement (the "Extension Proxy Statement"), to hold a special meeting of stockholders (the "Special Meeting") to amend the Company's charter (the "Extension Amendment") to extend the period of time for the Company to complete a business combination (the "Extension") up to four times, each by an additional three months, for an aggregate of 12 additional months (i.e. from September 8, 2022 up to September 8, 2023) or such earlier date as determined by the board of directors (the "Extended Date").

The Special Meeting to approve the Extension Amendment will be held virtually at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on September 6, 2022 and can be accessed by visiting https://www.cstproxy.com/dwacspac/ext2022. The Company encourages its stockholders to vote in favor of the Extension Amendment. Votes will be accepted up to and during the Special Meeting.

The Company's stockholders of record at the close of business on the record date, August 12, 2022, are entitled to vote the shares of common stock of Digital World owned by them at the Special Meeting. Every stockholder's vote is important, regardless of the number of shares held, and the Company requests the prompt submission of votes. The Company is requesting stockholders of record at the close of business on August 12, 2022 to vote before 12:00 p.m. on September 6, 2022.

The simplest and quickest way for stockholders of record to cast their votes is via telephone between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time, by calling (866) 894-0536. They will be asked to confirm their name and mailing address. Stockholders may also vote online at www.cstproxyvote.com, or by mail, simply by following the instructions on their provided proxy card. If the shares are held in an account at a brokerage firm or bank, stockholders must instruct their respective broker or bank how to vote the shares, or the stockholders may cast their vote online at www.cstproxyvote.com by obtaining a proxy from the respective brokerage firm or bank.

Interesting that they don't make every shareholder vote in person with a photo ID.

Donald Trump Added The Patent Office To List Of Government Agencies He's Fighting: Not Just The FBI And White House​

7:03 pm ET August 25, 2022 (Benzinga) Print

Former President Donald Trump is no stranger to legal troubles with past history of battles and current ones with the FBI and the White House. Trump’s SPAC deal to bring Trump Media & Technology Group with Digital World Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: DWAC) has also faced challenges and could now have a major one around the name of its key product.

What Happened: The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has refused a trademark application for the term “Truth Social.”

The news was reported by trademark attorney Josh Gerben of Gerben Law on Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) Thursday.

The USPTO refused to accept the trademark citing pre-existing trademarks that are similar in nature.

The filing from the USPTO cited existing trademarks for The Truth Network and Vero True Social. The filing also cited examples from Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO), Meta Platforms Inc (NASDAQ: META) and Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM)-owned Slack over uses of certain marks.

“Marks are compared in their entireties for similarities in appearance, sound, connotation, and commercial impression,” the filing reads.

Trump now has six months to file a response and make a case against the refusal by the USPTO for the trademark on Truth Social

Former President Donald Trump is no stranger to legal troubles with past history of battles and current ones with the FBI and the White House. Trump’s SPAC deal to bring Trump Media & Technology Group with Digital World Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: DWAC) has also faced challenges and could now have a major one around the name of its key product.

What Happened: The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has refused a trademark application for the term “Truth Social.”

The news was reported by trademark attorney Josh Gerben of Gerben Law on Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) Thursday.

The USPTO refused to accept the trademark citing pre-existing trademarks that are similar in nature.

The filing from the USPTO cited existing trademarks for The Truth Network and Vero True Social. The filing also cited examples from Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO), Meta Platforms Inc (NASDAQ: META) and Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM)-owned Slack over uses of certain marks.

“Marks are compared in their entireties for similarities in appearance, sound, connotation, and commercial impression,” the filing reads.

Trump now has six months to file a response and make a case against the refusal by the USPTO for the trademark on Truth Social

:lmao: How do you NOT trademark the name of your business FIRST.

Donald Trump Added The Patent Office To List Of Government Agencies He's Fighting: Not Just The FBI And White House​

:lmao: How do you NOT trademark the name of your business FIRST.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't think Trump is a board member or officer of Truth Social anymore. Is that right? If so, articles about what Truth Social is doing shouldn't keep saying Trump this or Trump that.

My favorite headline is from a site my office deems worthy of blocking but reads:
"Donald Trump's Media Platform Faces Financial Crisis, Modest Following"

Voting on the potential liquidation vs. year long extension for the merger between DWAC and TMTG has started. Voters already complaining about funny business ("moved my shares from Robinhood to TD Ameritrade because I don't trust them, they in bed with Killiary") and also still not sure how to vote ('do I vote 'For' or 'No'?").

DWAC down somewhat sharply (26.15/share) as the day starts. Most all stockholders were offered $10/share before the voting started. Of course that's also a conspiracy and the man holding them down. Diamond Hands.

Trump last night reposted a clip of Lindsey Graham stating that there will be "riots in the streets" if Trump is prosecuted. Would never project that is Trump asking for violence, but clearly, he wants to make sure his followers are aware of their assumed options.

Also spent a lot of time late last night reposting posts from clear QAnon members, again, making sure the far-right knows he likes them.

Trump last night reposted a clip of Lindsey Graham stating that there will be "riots in the streets" if Trump is prosecuted. Would never project that is Trump asking for violence, but clearly, he wants to make sure his followers are aware of their assumed options.

Also spent a lot of time late last night reposting posts from clear QAnon members, again, making sure the far-right knows he likes them.
Where are these streets located at? I can't imagine anyone rioting in the streets anywhere close to where I live over Trump being prosecuted.

Where are these streets located at? I can't imagine anyone rioting in the streets anywhere close to where I live over Trump being prosecuted.
Where I live they might. But, it'd be like when U of Maryland won the NCAA Tourney kinda riot.

Where I live they might. But, it'd be like when U of Maryland won the NCAA Tourney kinda riot.
I could be wrong but I don't see huge rioting in predominantly blue areas over Trump being prosectued. If red areas want to riot, go for it.

I'm almost at the point where I feel bad for the DWAC holders on reddit. They are definitely an optimistic bunch, still to the moon! Dropping their paychecks in to buy more....investment of their lifetimes.

"When are we going to be available on Android? Well, look, that’s up to the Google Play store. We’re waiting on them to approve us, I don’t know what’s taking so long,” Nunes said on the “Just the News Not Noise” podcast. “It sure would be nice if they would approve us.”

You allow users to post death threats.

ETA

Including a user that followed through on that threat by attacking the Ohio, FBI, office. Yet, you do nothing. It will only be a matter of time before the victim card is played again, though.

Last edited:

"When are we going to be available on Android? Well, look, that’s up to the Google Play store. We’re waiting on them to approve us, I don’t know what’s taking so long,” Nunes said on the “Just the News Not Noise” podcast. “It sure would be nice if they would approve us.”

You allow users to post death threats.
I'm betting Apple wants a redo at this point. Could see them pulling it, except it is all but forgotten in the App Store, ranked #29 in the Social Networking category. Less noise just to leave it there.

It’s ironically probably the only thing that can help this steaming pile he has built.

Try to rile up the the rubes who think he’s being persecuted here.
The best thing for the shareholders is a vote against it becoming a publicly traded company because they would at least get some money back. That's ironic.

It’s ironically probably the only thing that can help this steaming pile he has built.

Try to rile up the the rubes who think he’s being persecuted here.
The best thing for the shareholders is a vote against it becoming a publicly traded company because they would at least get some money back. That's ironic.
That 10 bucks a share is going to be the ultimate kick in the nuts. Some people have invested EVERYTHING and then borrowed to invest more. One guy seriously posted "$10 a share? Add two more zeroes and then we can talk." They have all been sold by the early investors that they are going to be billionaires off this stock, $10,000 a share because Trump.

Also, saw that Patrick Orlando has like 80% of the voting shares for this extension vote. Sounds like he pretty much controls if they extend the merger time or not.

Google explains their decision
  • Google told Insider that it actually advised the app to fix key issues on Aug. 19 before it could go live.
  • Google is specifically concerned about how the app handles physical threats and incitement to violence.
As usual a half-baked, mess of a project by Donald.

That 10 bucks a share is going to be the ultimate kick in the nuts. Some people have invested EVERYTHING and then borrowed to invest more. One guy seriously posted "$10 a share? Add two more zeroes and then we can talk." They have all been sold by the early investors that they are going to be billionaires off this stock, $10,000 a share because Trump.

Also, saw that Patrick Orlando has like 80% of the voting shares for this extension vote. Sounds like he pretty much controls if they extend the merger time or not.

You're correct about the 80%, thank you once again for posting.

So I guess the requests for shareholders to vote is to make Trump supporters feel like they are "winning".

I find this very interesting too:

"The company reports investors could redeem outstanding common stock at $10.20 per share until the time of the (9/6/22) meeting. After the meeting, stock prices would be reassessed according to then-current amounts in the company's trust account."

Trump this morning:

"Terrible the way the FBI, during the Raid of Mar-a-Lago, threw documents haphazardly all over the floor (perhaps pretending it was me that did it!), and then started taking pictures of them for the public to see. Thought they wanted the kept Secret? Lucky I Declassified!"

"Whatever happened to NUCLEAR, a word that was leaked early on by the FBI/DOJ to the Fake News Media!"

Empty Truth Social office reminds me of the scene in the Boiler Room after the fake company headquarters is dismantled prior to the raid by the feds.

Was just coming to post this. And yes, complete Boiler Room vibes.

Trump will be able to blame Devin. Patrick Orlando will be able to blame the SEC and everyone at the top will have gotten rich off the MAGA faithful. Who in turn will blame the Deep State and Wall Street until the end of time.

TRUTH Social’s Biggest Problem Is Trump

“Because TRUTH Social is an echo chamber, mainly for Trump followers, it doesn’t have the same kinds of diversity of opinion and content that make mainstream social media platforms appeal to the masses,” says Ryan Neville-Shepard, an associate professor of communication at the University of Arkansas who researches American political rhetoric. “And if it doesn’t appeal to the masses, it’s not going to be extremely profitable.”

The Washington Post reported on Saturday that while the FBI’s recent search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate initially fueled a surge of user activity on TRUTH Social, in the days since, U.S. site traffic has declined to about 300,000 views per day, according to estimates from online analytics firm Similarweb. That’s way down from the nearly 1.5 million U.S. views it logged on the day of its February launch.

Trump himself has fewer than 4 million followers on TRUTH Social, a fraction of the following of more than 80 million he had on Twitter before being permanently banned in January 2021. That means that far fewer people are seeing what Trump has to say about topics like the Jan. 6 hearings and the FBI affidavit used to raid Mar-a-Lago.

If you like to take a risk, the 9/16/22 $10 puts are $0.01 each. I just bought 50 more even though it's doubtful it will fall below $10 that fast.

However...... as I posted the other day :

"The company reports investors could redeem outstanding common stock at $10.20 per share until the time of the (9/6/22) meeting. After the meeting, stock prices would be reassessed according to then-current amounts in the company's trust account."

Would you be shocked if that trust account is empty or near empty? I wouldn't be.

ETA

Accidentally typed 23 instead of 22

Last edited:
Empty Truth Social office reminds me of the scene in the Boiler Room after the fake company headquarters is dismantled prior to the raid by the feds.

I'm waiting for the "FAKE NEWS" regarding this photo. I wish there was something that showed this being a little more valid. Anyone seen that?
Maybe like in My Cousin Vinny, the whole company got the flu. Everyone is sick.

If you like to take a risk, the 9/16/23 $10 puts are $0.01 each. I just bought 50 more even though it's doubtful it will fall below $10 that fast.

Would you be shocked if that trust account is empty or near empty? I wouldn't be.
What's the potential payoff, explain this to me like I'm a small child.

If you like to take a risk, the 9/16/23 $10 puts are $0.01 each. I just bought 50 more even though it's doubtful it will fall below $10 that fast.

Imagine Mommy and Daddy give you money for a lemonade stand.... ;)

Each put/call is equal to 100 shares. A put gives you the right to sell at a set price if it goes below, in our case $10. A call gives you the right to buy at a set price, obviously you want the market price higher.

50 puts is the same as 5000 shares. If it stays above $10 at the 9/16/22 expiration, the puts are worthless. Anything below and you're in the money.

ETA

This is probably easier to understand

Donald Trump's Social-Media Company Is in Big Trouble

Nothing new here, but a nice summary of everything going on. Extension vote is Tuesday. @2Squirrels1Nut , I am hearing that Orlando and management only have a 20% voting stake, not the 80%, so I guess the retail vote does have some importance. Those of us that torture ourselves reading TS, Reddit and other far-right safe spaces have the perception that the DWAC MAGA faithful have rallied the troops to win the vote. But I am reading mainstream fake news that most stockholders barely know what they bought and have no idea there is a vote and their non-vote will be a no.

I think DWAC is secretly hoping the vote fails and they can call it a day.

Nothing new here, but a nice summary of everything going on. Extension vote is Tuesday. @2Squirrels1Nut , I am hearing that Orlando and management only have a 20% voting stake, not the 80%, so I guess the retail vote does have some importance. Those of us that torture ourselves reading TS, Reddit and other far-right safe spaces have the perception that the DWAC MAGA faithful have rallied the troops to win the vote. But I am reading mainstream fake news that most stockholders barely know what they bought and have no idea there is a vote and their non-vote will be a no.

You left out the good part and why I bought 50 lottery tickets yesterday. :)

Zero Revenue

Digital World Acquisition (DWAC) , the blank-check company that is supposed to merge with TMTG, is also in a fragile financial situation.

The firm reported a net loss of $6.2 million for the 2022 first half due to general and administrative costs, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. This loss was five times the year-earlier loss of $1.2 million.

The company is burning cash: It had $3 million on hand at the end of the period compared with $24.3 million at the end of first-half 2021. And in 2022 through the close of Wednesday trading, the shares were down 53%.

DWAC does not currently generate any revenue. But what is more worrying is that the firm must raise fresh money.

"We believe we will need to raise additional funds in order to meet the expenditures required for operating our business," the firm said.

"Additionally, if our estimate of the costs of identifying a target business, undertaking in-depth due diligence and negotiating a business combination are less than the actual amount necessary to do so, we may have insufficient funds available to operate our business prior to our business combination."

Basically, DWAC says it may not have enough cash to continue operating before it closes its merger with TMTG.

"Moreover, we may need to obtain additional financing either to complete our business combination or because we become obligated to redeem a significant number of our public shares upon consummation of our business combination, in which case we may issue additional securities or incur debt in connection with such business combination."

Zero Revenue

Digital World Acquisition (DWAC) , the blank-check company that is supposed to merge with TMTG, is also in a fragile financial situation.

The firm reported a net loss of $6.2 million for the 2022 first half due to general and administrative costs, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. This loss was five times the year-earlier loss of $1.2 million.

The company is burning cash: It had $3 million on hand at the end of the period compared with $24.3 million at the end of first-half 2021. And in 2022 through the close of Wednesday trading, the shares were down 53%.

DWAC does not currently generate any revenue. But what is more worrying is that the firm must raise fresh money.

"We believe we will need to raise additional funds in order to meet the expenditures required for operating our business," the firm said.

"Additionally, if our estimate of the costs of identifying a target business, undertaking in-depth due diligence and negotiating a business combination are less than the actual amount necessary to do so, we may have insufficient funds available to operate our business prior to our business combination."

Basically, DWAC says it may not have enough cash to continue operating before it closes its merger with TMTG.

"Moreover, we may need to obtain additional financing either to complete our business combination or because we become obligated to redeem a significant number of our public shares upon consummation of our business combination, in which case we may issue additional securities or incur debt in connection with such business combination."
I'm confused. I thought DWAC was a BILLION dollar blank check company. Maybe someone had the decimal point in the wrong spot.

Zero Revenue

I'm confused. I thought DWAC was a BILLION dollar blank check company. Maybe someone had the decimal point in the wrong spot.

Bought some more $10 December calls for $0.13 each.

So Trump posted this yesterday:
TRUTH is doing really well. It has truly become our MAGA VOICE, but also a voice for the RINOs and Radical Left Lunatics. Engagements are far better, more interesting, and spirited than anywhere else. I like it much better than Twitter, which is a complete mess. Sign up on TRUTH now, only getting stronger. Google is coming along nicely (I think?). SEC trying to hurt company doing financing (SPAC). Who knows? In any event, I don’t need financing, “I’m really rich!” Private company anyone???

So now, days before the vote for an extension occurs, the DWAC Army (those that are thinking straight) are pretty upset on TS, with the idea of their invested nest egg not needed by Trump to "save the world" with his Twitter clone. It's getting ugly out there.

Digital World Acquisition Corp urges shareholders to delay merger with Trump Media

They need to delay even though there isn't any financial issues and soon will be making "millions" and have enough money to last until Spring.

So many contradictions.

I thought this was interesting too:

The DWAC CEO also said Trump remained the chairman of Trump Media, countering reports that he left the board just weeks before the company was subpoenaed. Orlando reiterated the potential risks brought about by Trump's volatile public popularity.

Imagine Mommy and Daddy give you money for a lemonade stand.... ;)

Each put/call is equal to 100 shares. A put gives you the right to sell at a set price if it goes below, in our case $10. A call gives you the right to buy at a set price, obviously you want the market price higher.

50 puts is the same as 5000 shares. If it stays above $10 at the 9/16/22 expiration, the puts are worthless. Anything below and you're in the money.

ETA

This is probably easier to understand
How much do they cost to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread