What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

That was freakin insane. I'm honestly shocked that they pulled it out with all those 4th down meltdowns. But JUST WIN, BABY!!!!

#1 - Our defense is awful.  Super fun to see them go hard and not quit and give it all they had, but man the talent level sucks.

#2 - We overcame some horrible coaching decisions.  Going for 2 with 12 minutes left was awful. Running the same read-option play twice in a row was doomed - the moment Renfro went in motion I said out loud "Renfro gonna get it and lose 5 yards".  There was another biggie I am blanking on.

#3 - I don't think I've ever before hoped we missed a game-winning FG.  Because #### the Stealers.  I would have loved to see them go home.

But we won, and we're in the playoffs, and I'll take it.  We're gonna get smoked but we're still in and the Chargers aren't and they can suck it.

Going for the win makes sense ,now they go to Cincy instead of KC ,let the Steelers deal with them 

Glad we're in.  Of course NFL making Raiders play first game on Saturday.

Not sure how you give the last team to play the shortest turnaround, but whatever.

#1 - Our defense is awful.  Super fun to see them go hard and not quit and give it all they had, but man the talent level sucks.

Bradley doesn’t do these guys any favors. Very predictable, rarely blitzes, and rushed 3 on the last p,at. WTF?

#2 - We overcame some horrible coaching decisions.  Going for 2 with 12 minutes left was awful. Running the same read-option play twice in a row was doomed - the moment Renfro went in motion I said out loud "Renfro gonna get it and lose 5 yards".  There was another biggie I am blanking on.

Agree on the read option play. That looked like something out of a high school play book.

Just got home from the Stadium. My ears are ringing, voice is gone, what a game. But I'm tired if Bradley never blitzing. We could have ended the game so many times with a stop on 4th down. But we got it and thats what we wanted at the start of the season. I predicted 10 wins but never thought we'd get them this way. On to Cincinnati. It's not mission impossible, they are not 17-0.

Still sipping a whiskey after that win & have to be up in 4 hours, but what resilience from this team. And I love that they stuck it to Chargers. Just Win Baby!!

#3 - I don't think I've ever before hoped we missed a game-winning FG.  Because #### the Stealers.  I would have loved to see them go home.

But we won, and we're in the playoffs, and I'll take it.  We're gonna get smoked but we're still in and the Chargers aren't and they can suck it.
They have Fascyon, Trufant and Leavett out there defending passes. If Carr and the offense can score 30+ anything is possible. 

Playoffs!! Forget all the negativity that we could focus on, I'm looking on the shiny side of the coin this week. Going to enjoy the extra game, extra week... all of it.  We have a playoff game to look forward to that doesn't feature Connor Cook.   Let's GO!

Just got home from the Stadium. My ears are ringing, voice is gone, what a game. But I'm tired if Bradley never blitzing. We could have ended the game so many times with a stop on 4th down. But we got it and thats what we wanted at the start of the season. I predicted 10 wins but never thought we'd get them this way. On to Cincinnati. It's not mission impossible, they are not 17-0.
Blitzing is a catch-22.  It opens up more space behind those blitzers, space our secondary can't afford to yield.  We also don't have any blitzers with real pass-rush skills so it takes a free run to get them home.

Our biggest issue with talent manifests in a lack of speed - we have a bunch of nice try-hards like Leavitt and Facyson and Trufant but those are the guys with the least speed too.  If you open up passing windows the QB can just get the ball out quicker and our guys can't chase anyone down.  That lack of speed also hampers the blitzing efforts. 

Every one of those 4th down conversions happened because the DL was gassed and got no pressure, if we had just one time the strategy would have held up.  Bottom line is our talent and depth is an issue - I think Bradley has done WONDERS with what he's been given.  We took guys that have been out of the league and just made the playoffs with a bunch of them.

Plenty of time for analysis and critique.  But that time is not now.  I'm going to Disneyland!

Going to the playoffs and the future looks bright.  But good grief, I'm tired.  On my 812th cup of coffee!

And don't tell me the NFL doesn't look to dig the Raiders whenever they can when it comes to schedule.  How the heck do you make the last team to play late into the early morning on Monday play the first game on Saturday.  I'm sure the explanation will be akin to Staley explaining his timeout. 🙄

This is a special team. They lost their Two starting guards, lost Mullen for most of the season, lost McCoy in the opener, lost Ruggs, Lost Morrow before the season started, had Waller out for what, half the year, lost Drake, Lost Abrams, had the weirdness with Arnette, Lost Ingold, lost their head coach and still made the playoffs at 10-7 and are the #5 seed over Pitt and NE. It's nothing short of miraculous. No matter what happens in Cincinnati, it's been a special season. 

Re: Blitzing I get you can't do it all the time, but just one 4th quarter stop on 4th down would have ended the game.  Maybe after the 3rd or 4th conversion you change things up. 

Plenty of time for analysis and critique.  But that time is not now.  I'm going to Disneyland!

Going to the playoffs and the future looks bright.  But good grief, I'm tired.  On my 812th cup of coffee!

And don't tell me the NFL doesn't look to dig the Raiders whenever they can when it comes to schedule.  How the heck do you make the last team to play late into the early morning on Monday play the first game on Saturday.  I'm sure the explanation will be akin to Staley explaining his timeout. 🙄
Watching Raiders highlights is a joke. You would think they lost the game if you didn't look at the score.  Key play of the game no one is talking about is Jalen Richard's 30 yard run on 3rd and 30. They dont get that, we might be hearing how the Golden Child Herbert is going to the super bowl. 

Watching Raiders highlights is a joke. You would think they lost the game if you didn't look at the score.  Key play of the game no one is talking about is Jalen Richard's 30 yard run on 3rd and 30. They dont get that, we might be hearing how the Golden Child Herbert is going to the super bowl. 
During the game the announcers definitely called it out as a potentially game winning play. But maybe it’s not getting kudos in post-game recaps because of the big Chargers come back to force OT, plus the multiple 4th down plate by the chargers plus the insanity of overtime. Man that game was nuts. 

but, yea, I was cheering my ### off during and after that GREAT Richard play. Amazing skill and effort there. 

Heard some talk on the radio about DJax not being targeted at all and I didn’t notice that til they brought it up. Honestly, I’m fine with it and feel good about our Waller (hoping he gets back in the groove even more for the next game) + Renfrow + Zay + Edwards. That combo seems like a nice functioning unit going into the playoffs. 

But they did get it and we won.  Not gonna kill my buzz sir.  So much adversity this year.  Gonna bask in the big win, enjoy the moment and worry about next year when this season is over.   :banned:  

Silver & Black said:
But they did get it and we won.  Not gonna kill my buzz sir.  So much adversity this year.  Gonna bask in the big win, enjoy the moment and worry about next year when this season is over.   :banned:  
The Raiders are playing with heart ,and that means  a lot ....builds character and confidence 

Anyone hear anything on Philon's injury?  He has played really well this year and had a hell of a game last night.

Anyone hear anything on Philon's injury?  He has played really well this year and had a hell of a game last night.
They aren't sure the full extent but Bisaccia confirmed that it is serious and he is done for the year. 

We would not have won without him last night. It sucks. Yet another hit to this team that has been hit over and over and over like no team in NFL history has. 

It is a big loss. 

@Chadstromacongrats GB!  Hope you are enjoying the hell out of that win.  Damn I’m tired today.  I’m too old to only get a few hours of sleep but that was one of the best games I have have seen.  
Hell ya. 

I was emotionally drained today after last night. 

I am really very proud of this team. They proved me wrong in the best way as I really didn't think they could make playoffs this year... I had hoped but if you asked me if I really believed it 4 weeks ago the answer would have been no. 

Still on a high after last night.

I’m not getting too excited but I think we have a good chance against the Bengals. The big if is whether Coach B has the ability to game plan for them. Yes, they can get pressure with the front 4 but they need to mix in a blitz now and then to keep the offence honest and not let Burrow pick us apart. 

On offence, they need to be consistent with the run, take a deep shot or two and hopefully get Waller more involved. If they insist on using Mariota, then they should do it without Carr on the field ... that just makes no sense. Most importantly, Carr will need to play a flawless game.

It will be a tough game but we definitely have a chance to take this.

I am sick with the 'vid and wife too (she made an ER appearance earlier as her oxygen levels were low enough her Doc father said to go in... she was let out same day and has been doing well). Also, bone spur is flairing up with I guessing a gout attack. All to say... last night rocked. I have lots of thoughts but just don't feel up to typing them out and being on the phone posting this sucks. But I will soon. 

Until then RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDERRRRRRRRRRRS!

Still on a high after last night.

I’m not getting too excited but I think we have a good chance against the Bengals. The big if is whether Coach B has the ability to game plan for them. Yes, they can get pressure with the front 4 but they need to mix in a blitz now and then to keep the offence honest and not let Burrow pick us apart. 

On offence, they need to be consistent with the run, take a deep shot or two and hopefully get Waller more involved. If they insist on using Mariota, then they should do it without Carr on the field ... that just makes no sense. Most importantly, Carr will need to play a flawless game.

It will be a tough game but we definitely have a chance to take this.
Are you allowed to post in here yet?  You and stupid ### Al Michaels trying to jinx the raiders. 

i’m not sure your penance has been served. 🤪😜🤪

I am sick with the 'vid and wife too (she made an ER appearance earlier as her oxygen levels were low enough her Doc father said to go in... she was let out same day and has been doing well). Also, bone spur is flairing up with I guessing a gout attack. All to say... last night rocked. I have lots of thoughts but just don't feel up to typing them out and being on the phone posting this sucks. But I will soon. 

Until then RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDERRRRRRRRRRRS!
My wife has the Rona as well. Stay strong brother. I am waiting to test. I feel fine. 

Hell ya. 

I was emotionally drained today after last night. 

I am really very proud of this team. They proved me wrong in the best way as I really didn't think they could make playoffs this year... I had hoped but if you asked me if I really believed it 4 weeks ago the answer would have been no. 
This tea, proved you wrong?!   Hello?  Remember me?!  

This is the grittiest team I have ever seen.  They lose important players seemingly ever week and keep getting up.  If this team can obtain some needed talent at a few positions, they will be a scary team.  The D line needs help right now.   I can’t imagine how tired they are today.  It felt like they were on the field for 5 hours straight at the end.  

This tea, proved you wrong?!   Hello?  Remember me?!  

This is the grittiest team I have ever seen.  They lose important players seemingly ever week and keep getting up.  If this team can obtain some needed talent at a few positions, they will be a scary team.  The D line needs help right now.   I can’t imagine how tired they are today.  It felt like they were on the field for 5 hours straight at the end.  
that 19 play drive by the dolts was just nuts.  they should get nassib back.

Users who are viewing this thread