What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12.22.21 - Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president? (1 Viewer)

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?

• Approve

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 67 54.9%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve always hated this question. Suppose I approve of five things that he’s doing, and disapprove of three others? That happens to be the fact in this case. 
Overall I guess I approve, so that’s how I voted. But I also want to shake the guy sometimes and say “what the #### are you doing? Get it together, stop screwing up!” 

Id love a middle option.  Went approve for now...ticked up getting infrastructure passed.  But that takes a hit not being able to get BBB maneuvered enough to get Manchin on board.  Maybe it never had a chance...but still thats a down tick.

Overall...disappointed about a lot of this administration...but approve slightly...like if it was 50/50 type situation...Id put it 51/49 approve vs. disapprove.

Questions like this usually are better served around campaign season, as at this point without even a year in office, there is going to be a ton of noise to the signal. There are quite a few Biden thread here already, if it's just another with a poll attached without any criteria, I don't see the purpose as you will have the same argument loops like in the other threads. With the same cast of characters.

I’ve always hated this question. Suppose I approve of five things that he’s doing, and disapprove of three others? That happens to be the fact in this case. 
Overall I guess I approve, so that’s how I voted. But I also want to shake the guy sometimes and say “what the #### are you doing? Get it together, stop screwing up!” 

Understood. But this is the standard question for approval and has been for many years. 

Understood. But this is the standard question for approval and has been for many years. 
I get that and I’m not criticizing you for asking it. But you should realize that it’s going to lead to a binary result- with essentially most conservatives voting no and most liberals voting yes, based on which side they’re on. 

I voted disapprove as a non-US citizen.  Afghanistan alone tips it for me.  There is a humanitarian disaster about to happen there and the Biden administration could but will not prevent it.  Also, getting worked by Manchin on BBB is weak. 

How about a poll in The Shark Pool: "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Roger Goodell is handling his job a Commissioner?". He's been on the job since the Dubya Administration. We have a huge sample size to weigh him with.

Also, getting worked by Manchin on BBB is weak. 
I don’t buy this. Biden began in a weak position: 50 Democratic senators, one of them is Joe Manchin, with every Republican opposing. As I mentioned in another thread, you could be the greatest politician of all time and with those facts it wouldn’t make a bit of difference. 

I voted disapprove.  He got owned by Manchin which shows how poor his leadership is.  Not able to even bring his own party together. Add in out of control inflation and illegals crossing our boarders at record numbers, and on pace for a record year in violent gun deaths in America.  Not much to like, but my oil stock ETF is up 50 percent so I give him credit for that.  It’s funny how some people want to compare Joe to Trump, but Trump is gone, Don’s not leading the country Biden is and the buck stops at his desk for everything, I tired of people saying theirs nothing Joe can do about this thing, etc, he needs to find solutions to everything that’s hurting America.  If not he be gone in 2024, along with a lot of other Dems.

I voted disapprove as a non-US citizen.  Afghanistan alone tips it for me.  There is a humanitarian disaster about to happen there and the Biden administration could but will not prevent it.  Also, getting worked by Manchin on BBB is weak. 

Biden didn't start the Afghanistan withdrawal, that started under Trump, as Trump campaigned on getting out of "endless wars", and Afghanistan was already collapsing. Besides, Biden needs to protect democracy at home, because if America fails at democracy in something like the integrity of the voting process, no other country is going to want be be occupied by the US military trying to promote democracy abroad. Was it messy? Sure. Do we want to be there for ten more years? No.

Manchin pulled BBB from Sanders, not Biden. That bill was a mess, Manchin is doing Biden a favor. Manchin crafted it differently, a lot more narrowed and not with legislation that sunsets in two years.

I don’t buy this. Biden began in a weak position: 50 Democratic senators, one of them is Joe Manchin, with every Republican opposing. As I mentioned in another thread, you could be the greatest politician of all time and with those facts it wouldn’t make a bit of difference. 
But Joe campaigned he could bring both sides of isle together.  So I respectfully don’t buy your thoughts on this.

You responding in this manner speaks volumes on the job he is doing….or more accurately isn’t doing. Shows just how hard it is to come up with anything he has done right at this point.  

How about a poll in The Shark Pool: "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Roger Goodell is handling his job a Commissioner?". He's been on the job since the Dubya Administration. We have a huge sample size to weigh him with.
Great idea, let us know if you start that poll. 

Unpossible, after the “Blue Wave” you were bullish on all the changes that were forthcoming……yet he’s accomplished nothing?

Unpossible, after the “Blue Wave” you were bullish on all the changes that were forthcoming……yet he’s accomplished nothing?
I think you may be confusing me with somebody else. I was excited that Trump had been defeated, and I was pleased that Biden would have a Democratic majority in the Senate (albeit very slight). But I never bragged about “all of the changes”. I never like a lot of changes. I was hoping for BBB, so that’s disappointing. 

And I never wrote nor implied that Biden has accomplished nothing. The infrastructure package is a big deal. I’m very happy about that. His distribution of Covid vaccines is a big deal. I’m overall very pleased with the way he’s dealt with the border issues (I get that I’m on an island on that one.) There are a lot of positives. 

That and the COVID rescue plan that brought the economy back and stabilized it, as well as the vaccine rollout.

I guess people are so used to the incompetence of the last administration that not passing BBB is that monumental.
Agreed. Joe got a badly needed bipartisan bill passed in 10 months - something the previous guy couldn't accomplish in 4 years. What did Trump get done in his first year, besides a partisan gift to the rich where they needed to set aside the filibuster? Something the Dems refuse to do I might add.

I'm not that upset about not getting the BBB done. I think the Dems need to break it into pieces instead of one massive spending bill.

I think you may be confusing me with somebody else. I was excited that Trump had been defeated, and I was pleased that Biden would have a Democratic majority in the Senate (albeit very slight). But I never bragged about “all of the changes”. I never like a lot of changes. I was hoping for BBB, so that’s disappointing. 

And I never wrote nor implied that Biden has accomplished nothing. The infrastructure package is a big deal. I’m very happy about that. His distribution of Covid vaccines is a big deal. I’m overall very pleased with the way he’s dealt with the border issues (I get that I’m on an island on that one.) There are a lot of positives. 
Not sure this jives with your track record but I remember how you got last time I bumped a contradictory post of yours and don’t want to go there friend. We’ll agree to disagree. Very interesting to watch so much leniency when it’s your guy. 

Agreed. Joe got a badly needed bipartisan bill passed in 10 months - something the previous guy couldn't accomplish in 4 years. What did Trump get done in his first year, besides a partisan gift to the rich where they needed to set aside the filibuster? Something the Dems refuse to do I might add.

I'm not that upset about not getting the BBB done. I think the Dems need to break it into pieces instead of one massive spending bill.

Trump had a better transition into power than the mess Biden had to come into. Trump screwed up everything, we came that close to an absolute collapse. FFS, his son in law and his daughter were top advisors. The only people around Trump were sycophants, lackeys, and grifters.

If people aren't happy with just POTUS who is trying to restore the country back to where it's at least functional again, well maybe they just prefer chaos and rage tweets.

I voted approve but it’s more an out of site/out of mind type of thing.  I can’t really think of anything good he’s done, but I don’t feel like there’s any major gaffes either.  And it’s nice not having a president constantly embarrassing themselves on Twitter 

Biden didn't start the Afghanistan withdrawal, that started under Trump, as Trump campaigned on getting out of "endless wars", and Afghanistan was already collapsing. Besides, Biden needs to protect democracy at home, because if America fails at democracy in something like the integrity of the voting process, no other country is going to want be be occupied by the US military trying to promote democracy abroad. Was it messy? Sure. Do we want to be there for ten more years? No.

Manchin pulled BBB from Sanders, not Biden. That bill was a mess, Manchin is doing Biden a favor. Manchin crafted it differently, a lot more narrowed and not with legislation that sunsets in two years.
Afgan citizens cannot get money out of their own bank accounts right now.  Winter is coming and many will starve to death.  Millions at risk.  

Afgan citizens cannot get money out of their own bank accounts right now.  Winter is coming and many will starve to death.  Millions at risk.  

And the US sank trillions of dollars trying to establish a government there that wound up collapsing on it's own, with all kinds of rampant corruption along with it.

What more could we had done there?

And the US sank trillions of dollars trying to establish a government there that wound up collapsing on it's own, with all kinds of rampant corruption along with it.

What more could we had done there?
Allow the flow of money into the country so the people don't starve to death?

Undoubtedly going to be a mess. Show a way that the US can help without putting people there, us inserting ourselves in their government and affairs, etc and we should do that.

Allow the flow of money into the country so the people don't starve to death?

It's not up to America anymore to facilitate that. It's up to Afghanistan.

Trump campaigned on pulling out of Afghanistan, he could had done what Biden had done in his first year by pulling out. Instead of waiting until the fourth year of his term. Biden wanted out when he was VP. They were both right.

It saddens me to disapprove of the job the president of my country is doing
Agreed, I did hope the positive to come from it would be handling Covid as he promised in his campaigning. Unfortunately even that he’s done no better than the previous administration. Hopefully we’ll have a better option next time around. 

Agreed, I did hope the positive to come from it would be handling Covid as he promised in his campaigning. Unfortunately even that he’s done no better than the previous administration. Hopefully we’ll have a better option next time around. 

There is a vaccine available. Maybe if people wanted to COVID to end, they would get a vaccine instead of complaining about COVID.

This is awful, I hadn’t seen this….is there a link? 
Listened to it on The Daily podcast.  I know you guys don't like the Times but I highly recommend taking the time to listen to this one.  Reporter recently went into Afghanistan and reported on the complete free fall of the Afghan economy.  Hundreds of people lining up outside the bank trying to take anything they can out of their savings accounts.  Problem is that there is no money.  The reasons why are fascinating and the consequences, especially as winter comes, will be devastating.  We are likely already past the point of preventing thousands of deaths, even if the US reversed course and allowed the money back in. 

It is a great piece of journalism and I highly recommend taking the 30 minutes to listen to it next time you are in the car. 

Trump had a better transition into power than the mess Biden had to come into. Trump screwed up everything, we came that close to an absolute collapse. FFS, his son in law and his daughter were top advisors. The only people around Trump were sycophants, lackeys, and grifters.
That's known as surrounding yourself with loyalists - a very authoritarian move.

There is a vaccine available. Maybe if people wanted to COVID to end, they would get a vaccine instead of complaining about COVID.
How many more Americans are vaccinated this year compared to last?

Then answer how many COVID deaths our country has this year compared to last?

If people aren't happy with just POTUS who is trying to restore the country back to where it's at least functional again, well maybe they just prefer chaos and rage tweets.
Credit where due, this is the first I’ve heard this excuse made for Biden’s failures. Wow, well done.  :hifive:

How many more Americans are vaccinated this year compared to last?

Then answer how many COVID deaths our country has this year compared to last?
There are a lot more people doing things this year compared to last. Vacations, travel, bars, concerts, sports, etc.

Amost all of the deaths this year are people who are un-vaccinated. But you know this.

Maybe you just need a Daddy to tell you that.
So even with 60% plus of the country vaccinated, Biden still can’t do any better? Is that the correct way to translate you dodging the question and trying to insult because you know your biased schtick is wrong? 

Let’s not continue if you can’t control your emotions and getting into childish insults. 

I don't blame Biden for covid.  I don't think there is anything else he could have done.  The degree of vaccine hesitancy in America is something I don't think anyone could have predicted.

So even with 60% plus of the country vaccinated, Biden still can’t do any better? Is that the correct way to translate you dodging the question and trying to insult because you know your biased schtick is wrong? 

Let’s not continue if you can’t control your emotions and getting into childish insults. 

I think you're trying to convince yourself more than you can convince your other self.

I think you're trying to convince yourself more than you can convince your other self.
From the guy that resurfaced with an alias account.  :lmao:

You can’t seem to address the facts, let’s move on. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread