What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Simi Fehoko, DAL (1 Viewer)

Stanford redshirt sophomore WR Simi Fehoko announced on Monday that he will enter the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Fehoko (6'4/227) had himself a productive 2020 campaign, as he caught 37 passes for 574 yards and three touchdowns in just six games. For his efforts, the redshirt sophomore wide receiver was a first team all-conference selection. After catching just one pass during his redshirt year (2018), Fehoko caught 61 passes for 1,140 yards and nine touchdowns the following two seasons. Fehoko is considered to be a bit of a late-bloomer, and he will now look to separate himself in what is a very deep draft when it comes to the wide receiver position. 

SOURCE: Simi Fehoko on Twitter

Dec 28, 2020, 11:36 AM ET

Stanford WR Simi Fehoko ran unofficial 40-yard dash times of 4.37 and 4.39 seconds at his pro day workout this Thursday.

Fehoko is huge at 6-foot-4, 227 pounds, so his 4.37 40-yard dash time is a very impressive number. When asked about his star wideout, Stanford HC David Shaw said "You saw what he was capable of in that last game of the year against UCLA (16-230-3)," Stanford coach David Shaw told NFL Network. "(His speed) is a game-changer in the NFL because of the 5-yard contact rule."  Fehoko is considered to be a bit of a late-bloomer, and he will now look to separate himself in what is a very deep draft when it comes to the wide receiver position. His high end speed is certainly one way to get noticed. 

SOURCE: NFL Draft on Twitter

Mar 18, 2021, 6:55 PM ET

Six-Foot-Four WR Simi Fehoko runs 4.37 in 40-yard dash

There will not be many athletes in the 2021 NFL Draft who stand at nearly 6-foot-4 and can run a 40-yard dash under 4.4 seconds. Former Stanford wide receiver Simi Fehoko will be a rare option on draft boards as he ran a 4.37 (unofficial) time at Thursday’s Cardinal Pro Day.

Fehoko took two attempts at the 40-yard dash on Thursday. His first attempt was reported at 4.39 and the second attempt was even better, unofficially timed at 4.37. Fehoko also impressed in the short shuttle (4.21), three-cone drill (6.78), standing broad jump (10’0’’) and the vertical jump (34.5’’). Overall, he appears to have elevated his draft stock with the performance.

However, Fehoko measured in just slightly under the 6-foot-4 frame listed on the Stanford roster - and thinned slightly from his 227-pound playing weight. He was recorded at 6-foot-3.7 and weighed in at 222 pounds.

Fehoko also participated in Davis Mills's throwing portion of the Pro Day event, showing off his route running, catching and deep-ball ability. 

The Pro Day event was broadcasted in portions by the NFL Network. Former NFL Scout and current NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah said, "First of all, his draft card is going to look beautiful up on that board when you see that height, weight, speed that he possesses there. There is a lot to work with. To me, he is someone who his best football is still ahead of him, you’re drafting somebody who is going to be your third or fourth wideout initially, he’s going to help you on special teams - I’ll go out on a limb … he’s going to block a punt next year, it’s going to happen."

An impressive Pro Day was critical for Fehoko who spent just three seasons at Stanford, including his 2018 season as a four-game redshirt and a shortened 2020 year.

Fehoko played in 12 games and started one in his second season in 2019, finishing with 24 catches for 566 yards and 6 touchdowns. In 2020, Fehoko started four games and finished with 37 catches for 584 yards and 3 touchdowns in just six games. He finished the 2020 season with a massive 16-catch, 230-yard and three-touchdown game.

Man I no sooner talk about him an hour later there's a thread about him.  I need to keep my mouth shut.

Harris 100, Version 2: Coming Soon | Daily Brew

Excerpt:

Stanford wide receiver Simi Fehoko (6-4, 227 lb.) wasn't a complete shock when he declared, but I just didn't have the film work done on him to feel confident about his opportunity in my 100. But, I got some good studying on him done before his Pro Day and felt some kind of way about this draft's potential version of D.K. Metcalf (Ole Miss/Seahawks). Then, he completely blew up his Pro Day and locked up a spot. His speed (4.37 40-yard dash at 227 lb.) showed up on tape as he ran away from UCLA defensive backs on deep routes in the fall and separated a couple of times from Oregon State defensive backs on slant routes. His suddenness was on full display nearly every time that I studied him and when he crushed his Pro Day he more than earned a spot in the Harris 100.

Cowboys selected Stanford WR Simi Fehoko with the No. 179 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Fehoko set Utah state records with 3,571 receiving yards and 41 receiving touchdowns in his prep career before stepping away for a two-year religious mission and returning to the Pac-12 in 2019. He only made four starts in three years at Stanford but totaled 412 yards in those outings. Having clocked a 4.44 40-yard dash as a 93rd percentile athlete at 6'3/222, Fehoko checks all the boxes of a potential breakout as long as he can get up to speed as a 24-year-old rookie. Fehoko will need to contribute on special teams.

May 1, 2021, 3:31 PM ET

Bad spot if you want production as a rookie. Excellent spot to sit n learn which he needs to do.

He looks at his feet too much like a lot of tall people do. They gotta get that out of him or he'll never be anything more than a straight route threat

The Athletic's Jon Machota believes WR Simi Fehoko has been the biggest surprise of Cowboys training camp.​

Machota reports that "Fehoko has consistently come up big, particularly in the red zone, using his size and speed to create space on deep balls or make contested catches in traffic." After logging just 55 total snaps as a rookie, 48 of which came on special teams, Machota believes that Fehoko "looks ready to contribute in Year 2, which the Cowboys desperately need considering how thin they are at the position." Noah Brown has also stood out at camp, which could make the Cowboys less likely to sign a veteran wide receiver following James Washington's injury. Both Fehoko and Brown will have opportunities to show what they can do with Michael Gallup (knee) unlikely to play Week 1.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 10, 2022, 10:06 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread