What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jaheim Bell, NE (1 Viewer)

Scott Barrett
Brock Bowers is an elite play-maker with the ball in his hands. Probably no worse than 2nd-best of any TE in at least a decade.

And yet he's still not coming anywhere close to Jaheim Bell

+ chart courtesy of the chartgod @fball_insights

Donger
Scott these stats are so skewed because of his gimmick production.

Guy was taking handoffs compared to TEs who are catching the ball downfield so of course his YAC stats will be higher in certain areas.

What say ye?

Scott Barrett
Even with screens removed he still leads all Power 5 TEs in both categories. His YAC/R actually climbs without screens

@32BeatWriters
Great article in general by @ScottBarrettDFB but one piece that stood out on Jaheim Bell:

“When it comes to breaking tackles and creating yards on his own once the ball is already in his hands, Bell is not merely the best play-making TE in the class, but the best in at least a decade.

Since 2014, Bell has led all Power 5 TEs in both career yards after the catch per reception (9.24), and career missed tackles forced per reception (0.38). And no other TE comes even remotely close.”

Jim Nagy
When it comes to breaking tackles and creating YAC, FSU's Jaheim Bell is not merely best playmaking TE in 2024 class, he's the 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚.

Since 2014, Bell leads all P5 TEs in 𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘏 career YAC per reception (9.24) and career missed tackles forced per reception (0.38). 👀

Here's good look at Bell's spatial awareness feeling FS pursuit & reactively spinning to avoid and also shows his contact power and competitiveness with ball in his hands.

This thread highlights why analytics & fantasy folks (s/o @ScottBarrettDFB) & @seniorbowl are so high on @dba_bell.

🧵1/4
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️

Florida State's Jaheim Bell was third-fastest TE at Combine but, more importantly, that speed shows up on tape.

Checkout how Bell (slot) simply outruns LSU defensive backs in this clip.

Slow-mo shows him busting pursuit angles. 👀

🧵2/4
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️

Nick Penticoff
Jaheim Bell is one of my favorite TEs in this draft class.

“Bell averaged 3.67 YPRR in 2021, the best mark (minimum 125 routes) of any TE since at least 2015. Kyle Pitts had the next-closest season in 2020, with only 3.26 YPRR.”

The article below is loaded with great info.

Scott Barrett
Best single-season YPRR on record. Best career MTF/R or YAC/R on record. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Evan Lazar
I really think there will be a role for Jaheim Bell on the #Patriots as a TE3/H-Back behind Henry and Hooper.

Bell's speed to stretch the seam, an area where Drake Maye loves to throw, and YAC ability on dump-offs in the flats fits the personnel/scheme well.

The in-line blocking at the point of attack will be an issue for Bell. But if used correctly as a blocker, he can be effective with a head of steam. H-Back/Fullback alignments. Check him out lead-blocking here.

Nobody on the roster better suited for these types of YAC plays. Little RPO here. But any type of play-action/misdirection/bootleg where he can catch and run with it in the flats will do. Will be big in an AVP offense.

Bell has legit juice up the seam with the body control to make adjustments on the ball like this. Again, Maye has spoken about how he likes to throw the seam/MOF.

I'm not saying Bell will be a high-volume guy. But he has a unique skill set compared to the TEs on the roster with a clear role in AVPs offense.

Versatile, high-end speed/explosiveness, and a YAC threat. @dpbrugler had a 5th-6th round grade. #Patriots got Bell in the seventh.

One more that I almost forgot. Who else in the current tight end room for the #Patriots is doing this?

The last last one. Drake Maye is making this throw. Hit him in stride, and it might be a house call for Bell.

Here are the two things that stand out from Jaheim Bell on tape. Seam runs and YAC on passes in the flats. Great play speed for the new #Patriots tight end. Jonnu-lite isn't a bad comp.

The Pats need more athleticism on offense...hopefully this kid can bring some big-play ability...he is a 7th round pick so expectations have to be realistic, but he has a great opportunity to carve out a role for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread