What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commissioners or any players (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
What league changes are you making this year due to Covid?

I'm starting to think about this and haven't really come up with anything yet, other than going to a Team Kicker. I don't think you can go to a team QB, although you probably could, but that would be the only other Team category.

Moving my Auction to Zoom and having it on Saturday Sept 12th. All Covid Opt-outs will be settled by then and teams will be finalized.

Just trying to get some suggestions

Adding IR slots, determining how payouts will be done for a shortened season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.Pack said:

I'm starting to think about this and haven't really come up with anything yet, other than going to a Team Kicker. I don't think you can go to a team QB, although you probably could, but that would be the only other Team category.

Moving my Auction to Zoom and having it on Saturday Sept 12th. All Covid Opt-outs will be settled by then and teams will be finalized.

Just trying to get some suggestions
Ya I think most of these have been covered in the Covid IR positional thread and the Covid Payout contingency plan thread.  What else can you really change?

So you're doing your draft AFTER the first game of the season?

We are currently discussing options now in our local FFL. 

Team kicker is one of the options being discussed. 

Also, what will constitute a season for 100% payout (leaning to having a somewhat complete season with playoffs) and what constitutes a cancelled season (leaning to 9-10 minimum with a limited 50% payout).

The only things we have discussed (for redraft leagues) is what constitutes a season( how many games played for a full season) and adding IR spots.  Nothing else lineup wise has changed.  I kind of see the Covid like any other potential injury situation for players just that it seems like it might be a bit more often. 

For dynasty and contracts there are a lot more things and we are basically giving the option to the owners to decide if this year counts as a contract year or not for each individual player if the season does not go at least 10 games (10 games is our cut off for a season or no season). 

Ya I think most of these have been covered in the Covid IR positional thread and the Covid Payout contingency plan thread.  What else can you really change?

So you're doing your draft AFTER the first game of the season?
I'll check that thread out.

As to the bolded, yes, I've done it before and it works out just fine.

Nice that on the MFL software they are identifying COVID players with (C) now instead of an (I),makes it way easier to track them now and to keep separate from the normal IR players.

As to the bolded, yes, I've done it before and it works out just fine.

What's the reasoning behind this? Not hating, just curious.
I don't get it either.  Why not just do it the day before the regular season?  And especially with no preseason, there's not really any injury risk to do it 3 days before the reg season vs 3 days after it.  More of a risk of an injury or player breakout in the opening Thurs game.

Nice that on the MFL software they are identifying COVID players with (C) now instead of an (I),makes it way easier to track them now and to keep separate from the normal IR players.
That's a good change but they could have let everyone know they did it on the what's new page. When they were still listed as I-covid they were eligible for IR if you set it to players on IR, but after they weren't, so you had to go back and change the setting. I didn't find out until I saw your post, and if I didn't check this I might have missed it.

I think they did something similar with the taxi squad. I checked the settings the other night to see if covid players could go on the taxi squad but didn't see anything in there, only to find the next morning they now had a setting in there for it.

Mr.Pack said:
for the first time in 15 years my IDP draft will be online, with zoom available for ball-busting. 

No BBQ, no 11 annoying drunks at my house trash talking all day. No thick cloud of pot smoke coming from the back yard on breaks. 

The draft will probably be done in 4 hours instead of 7,  but that’s not necessarily a good thing. I’ll miss the party. Me & another guy in the league have the same birthday, so the draft is a de facto Birthday party for us. People bring us bottles of booze as bday gifts, & they’re usually consumed. lol

This one’s my 50th, too. what a bummer. 

Also considering an I spot for COVID only. We’ve never used an injured roster position, and I’m not thrilled with the idea as it gives me one more thing to deal with as commish (people can use them as an extra roster spot, league members complain about this, etc) but considering how FBB has gone so far, I don’t know that we have a choice. Might even have to make 2 spots. 

This is going to be a train wreck. We all agreed to pay for the league, so at least I got consensus on that.  If we don’t get a full season/playoffs in, no additional fees will be charged & next year the fees will be $50 higher to make up for the $100 they saved this year. 

assuming we don’t all die of the plague first, of course. :doh:  

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
In my longest running league (started in 1985) we have always drafted the Saturday before the first Sunday.  When the NFL decided to go with the opening Thursday game we decided to just go ahead and maintain our tradition and draft on that Saturday.  Everyone knows the scoring from the Thursday and if you draft one of those guys you can play them and get those points.  Over the years it has helped and hurt draft stock.  Everyone is in the same boat and we all know the scores.  It has worked out really well.

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
We haven't done it in a while, but it was mostly to make sure all the cuts were done, plus I have a few HS Football coaches in my league and that day just worked better. It really has no bearing on the season, everyone knows how the guys played on Thursday. Works out quite well.

Both my leagues have shelved the season. With all the uncertainty and the stupid decisions made by the NFL this offseason,  many in our league just simply don't care about this season. 

Maybe we'll reboot next season. 

In my 16 team non contract dynasty league we decided to roll over all the entry fee money to next season if we didnt complete our playoffs (our champ game is week 15). As commish I volunteered to absorb the MFL fee if we didnt complete the playoffs. 

As for the covid roster issues. For this season we increased the active roster size from 25 to 28 if teams want to use them (still also having a 3 man taxi for rookies that were filled post draft in May). We dont use IR as its too time intensive to monitor owners flaunting the spots to hide players. 

I was up front and transparent with all the owners and they all were happy with the plans. Now we just hope to have a season! 

Users who are viewing this thread