What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we continue the discussion about masks? (1 Viewer)

And we get it - you don't care.  But people not taking precautions are choosing for other people.  
I've said repeatedly i care - that's why I wear a mask by choice. Your'e not listening. I won't get covid-19 in a bad way, I will eventually be exposed if I've not already been and be asymptomatic or it simply won't affect me. in that - I don't care about it. That others feel safer I wear a mask then I choose to do so to make them feel better

I hope they accept me carrying a gun in much the same way

You live in a world where others don't take precautions and they directly affect everyone around them. You do realize that don't you? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tool said:
It is on you my friend. Time to step up and be an adult. 
really ?

I mean .. really ? its like this new knee jerk mask thing is absolutely the #1 problem in out nation. I swear, people have the attention span of a chipmunk and the rationale of a mole when it comes to some thing

covid-19 is a virus. A mask won't stop it. oh it'll help a bit, sure .... just like stopping concerts and large gatherings etc will slow it a bit .....but eventually everyone will have contact with it

please, please understand that

the moops said:
there are countries where the virus is not going coast to coast
that's inaccurate IMO .... I mean does anyone REALLY think North Korea is immune? its laughable and eventually even the Soloman islands and Vanuatu will see covid 19

Stealthycat said:
I've said repeatedly i care - that's why I wear a mask by choice. Your'e not listening. I won't get covid-19 in a bad way, I will eventually be exposed if I've not already been and be asymptomatic or it simply won't affect me. in that - I don't care about it. That others feel safer I wear a mask then I choose to do so to make them feel better

You live in a world where others don't take precautions and they directly affect everyone around them. You do realize that don't you? 
This is kinda how I feel.  I'm not afraid of the virus...at all.  And I mean not even a little bit.  However..I wear a mask when I go out.  I don't want to catch it, just as I wouldn't want to catch the flu or a cold even.   It sucks being sick.  

But we live in a society man.  And its just part of being civilized.  I don't wear a mask for myself, I wear it because I feel it's the right thing to do at this point and it just seems like such an easy thing to do.

Stealthycat said:
 I won't get covid-19 in a bad way, I will eventually be exposed if I've not already been and be asymptomatic or it simply won't affect me
Are you some sort of mutant or superhero who can't die or get really sick from viruses?

This is kinda how I feel.  I'm not afraid of the virus...at all.  And I mean not even a little bit.  However..I wear a mask when I go out.  I don't want to catch it, just as I wouldn't want to catch the flu or a cold even.   It sucks being sick.  

But we live in a society man.  And its just part of being civilized.  I don't wear a mask for myself, I wear it because I feel it's the right thing to do at this point and it just seems like such an easy thing to do.
ok fine ........... did you wear a mask during H1N1 ? During every flu season? Swine flu ? Bird flu ?  I'm 51 years old and have never seen masks really in public ........... why now ? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have died in my lifetime because of others spreading diseases in public .... 

ok fine ........... did you wear a mask during H1N1 ? During every flu season? Swine flu ? Bird flu ?  I'm 51 years old and have never seen masks really in public ........... why now ? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have died in my lifetime because of others spreading diseases in public .... 
I don' know why now.  I didn't wear my seatbelt either when I was younger..Now I do....every single day.  

Covid is different than all of those viruses you listed.  

well well

my girlfriend - whom I spend almost every day with in some way .... her son works at a prison and is living with her until he buys a home and today, results from a week ago test he's covid-19 positive

as I have said ALL ALONG .... I and everyone else WILL BE EXPOSED

what does this mean for me ?  well ...  ya'll are certified and internet approved covid-19 experts, you tell me ?  

I played 3 1/2 hours of high level racquetball last night ... just sayin

well well

my girlfriend - whom I spend almost every day with in some way .... her son works at a prison and is living with her until he buys a home and today, results from a week ago test he's covid-19 positive

what does this mean for me ?  well ...  ya'll are certified and internet approved covid-19 experts, you tell me ?  
time to kiss her son on the mouth and get it over with?

well well

HERE YOU GO

well well

Normally I don’t respond to your posts but after reading this one I thought it worthy of a detailed answer. First off, I hope for the best for you and your girlfriend and her son. Hopefully you stay healthy and/or recover. Here’s what it means to you: 

1. You stand a better chance than you did before of catching the virus yourself. Hopefully you won’t. 

2. if you catch it, you may die. Odds are low, but not non-existent. Obviously we all hope it doesn’t happen.

3. if you catch it, you may suffer permanent damage to your body, including liver and/or kidney function. Scientists don’t quite understand all of this yet. Again the odds are low, though higher than dying. 

4. If you catch it you may suffer worse than any sickness you have ever had, for at least 2-3 weeks, and even possibly need hospital care. Odds of this are about 10-20% based on my understanding, though they may be much lower or higher; we just don’t know due to insufficient testing. 

5. If you catch it you have the chance to spread it to a high risk person, over the age of 70 or with diabetes or heart problems, (sometimes unknown to them) which could cause serious illness or death to that person or persons. Please be very careful and if you have it, you need to quarantine yourself for at least 2 weeks. 

Again hopefully you don’t suffer any of this. Best wishes to you. 

I keep hearing no one is above the law.

But, Donald Trump doesn’t wear a mask while greeting Republicans at Miami airport

Mayor Gimenez is not helping his chances of getting elected to Congress:

Before Trump's Visit 

>> I believe the president, like every other leader, should follow what the rules are of the locality,” Gimenez said on July 2. “And so depending on the locality, if he comes to Miami-Dade I would expect that he would be wearing a mask because that’s our rules down here.

As the leader of Miami-Dade, I’ll be wearing a mask. You’ll see me wearing a mask all the time. You have always seen me wear the mask when it’s appropriate. The message is this, you have to assume everybody has the virus. That’s why we’re asking you to wear a mask. Wearing a mask is actually a symbol of respect, the respect I have for you and that you have for me, because this mask actually protects you from me and that mask protects me from you.” <<

After Trump's Visit 

>> Gimenez waved off a Miami Herald reporter who tried to interview him and left in his SUV. <<

really ?

I mean .. really ? its like this new knee jerk mask thing is absolutely the #1 problem in out nation. I swear, people have the attention span of a chipmunk and the rationale of a mole when it comes to some thing

covid-19 is a virus. A mask won't stop it. oh it'll help a bit, sure .... just like stopping concerts and large gatherings etc will slow it a bit .....but eventually everyone will have contact with it

Yes really, time to be a grown up.

Not a lot of what you say on this topic really makes a lot of sense. Not sure if it’s a big troll job or another reason. But I’m gonna bow out of this thread for a while. Beat of luck.

I keep hearing no one is above the law.

But, Donald Trump doesn’t wear a mask while greeting Republicans at Miami airport

Mayor Gimenez is not helping his chances of getting elected to Congress:

Before Trump's Visit 

>> I believe the president, like every other leader, should follow what the rules are of the locality,” Gimenez said on July 2. “And so depending on the locality, if he comes to Miami-Dade I would expect that he would be wearing a mask because that’s our rules down here.

As the leader of Miami-Dade, I’ll be wearing a mask. You’ll see me wearing a mask all the time. You have always seen me wear the mask when it’s appropriate. The message is this, you have to assume everybody has the virus. That’s why we’re asking you to wear a mask. Wearing a mask is actually a symbol of respect, the respect I have for you and that you have for me, because this mask actually protects you from me and that mask protects me from you.” <<

After Trump's Visit 

>> Gimenez waved off a Miami Herald reporter who tried to interview him and left in his SUV. <<
Soooo you think what exactly?  The mayor should have placed the President under arrest?  LOL  Whats your point exactly?  

Yes really, time to be a grown up.

Not a lot of what you say on this topic really makes a lot of sense. Not sure if it’s a big troll job or another reason. But I’m gonna bow out of this thread for a while. Beat of luck.
I've noticed on the television there have been some Trump supporters who claim to have had covid and it wasn't any big deal.  People I know IRL that had/have it tell me a completely different  story.

Normally I don’t respond to your posts but after reading this one I thought it worthy of a detailed answer. First off, I hope for the best for you and your girlfriend and her son. Hopefully you stay healthy and/or recover. 
This. 

The other thing I was going to add about SC's post is that a bit of this is self fulfilling prophecy.   No, we don't agree that everyone will get this or that everybody will be exposed to it (and for sure that shouldn't be a goal or anything).    

SO -  If you think everybody will get this eventually and act like that, chances are for sure higher that you will get it or come in contact with it.  Ie - your GF is in higher risk because of his job - there have been outbreaks at prisons.  Obviously choosing to be around somebody like that or somebody living with him increases the risk for you.  Just like going to the gym for raquetball does.    IMO not sure what this proves, and for sure isn't accurate to come in after your experience to say "see everybody will get this or everybody will come in contact with this".  

really ?

You just live in your own imaginary reality.

You just live in your own imaginary reality.
I'm just dumbfounded. I can't even comprehend a train of thought that includes that there are absolutely no precautionary measures, including wearing a mask,  that can be taken to avoid catching a virus. Maybe it's too many sci-fi movies or something? Like Sharknadoflu? Does a movie like that exist that would lead one to believe that if there is a virus there is no way to avoid catching it?

well well

Wait. You knew it was a possibility that you were in contact with someone who could have been positive for COVID and you still went to a gym to play "high level raquetball" presumably around other people for 3 1/2 hours in an enclosed space? And you are bragging about this?

I need to take the red pill and get out of this simulation because it sucks here. 

well well

Stealthycat said:

I think the bolded and the red are what SC is talking/bragging about.  

I didn't catch it until Magnus posted that there was a week delay.  So, I am curious the details of that.  Did he know the son was getting tested?  Why was he - there are positives at the prison, was he having symptoms, just routine because he was having a procedure? 

I'm just dumbfounded. I can't even comprehend a train of thought that includes that there are absolutely no precautionary measures, including wearing a mask,  that can be taken to avoid catching a virus. Maybe it's too many sci-fi movies or something? Like Sharknadoflu? Does a movie like that exist that would lead one to believe that if there is a virus there is no way to avoid catching it?
Has anybody in the threads said they don't wear masks?  I THINK even Tony and SC says they wear them.  Can't remember who, but somebody in the other thread said yes when I asked if his job required him to be in close quarters with others without a mask.  

really ?

Yes stopping the spread of this virus is the #1 problem in this country at the moment. The mask can help so it is a big deal.

Why do you think everyone will eventually have contact with it? 

Users who are viewing this thread