What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WTF is wrong with people/am I overreacting? (1 Viewer)

I don't understand.  (Not surprising- I don't do FB.)  How would the troll know what your wife looked like to be insulting?  Or find the forum it posted on?
More than likely it was a teenager who doctored a photo on instagram or something like that, and thought a vet site would think a dog eating at a table with a hoodie on would make them laugh.  My two oldest teenage nephews always put my youngest nephew's head on other bodies of people doing dumb things in these 3 second or so clips, and send it to me so I'd think my youngest nephew really did these dumb things.

My thoughts as well - possible that they just picked a silly animal gif to reply to the vet. I was expecting much worse when I clicked on the link.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Don't read too much into this KP. I do not think this was meant to offend anyone at all. 

I don't understand.  (Not surprising- I don't do FB.)  How would the troll know what your wife looked like to be insulting?  Or find the forum it posted on?
It was a public post on the clinic's home page with her pic on it introducing her as the new doctor.  So I guess anybody that follows the clinic or friends with somebody who follows the clinic?

I understand your wife's response, but I think I'd lean with the majority here in that it wasn't mean and to be upset is an over reaction. It's a legit challenge though for how one perceives and handles criticism. 

For sure it wouldn't have gotten as far as it did for her if she didn't look at the guys page and other posts.  

Like I said, more than likely dumb gif, but the dude is also pretty repulsive in his posts, so :shrug:

Mostly my reaction is about seeing her in pain, not so much the dumb gif by itself.  

Like I said, more than likely dumb gif, but the dude is also pretty repulsive in his posts, so
In that case, I don't see how it can be that insulting.  If he really wanted to be offensive, he could have found something much worse I'm sure given the state of the internet.

If she has/is struggling with depression, it’s really not an overreaction or “get thicker skin” scenario. 
This. That is the worst thing you can say to someone with her history and current state.

Definitely should see the right therapist. She may need meds if this interferes with her job/life.

In that case, I don't see how it can be that insulting.  If he really wanted to be offensive, he could have found something much worse I'm sure given the state of the internet.
The thing is, in the state she's in and her history, such things will be taken negatively. She's already down on herself, actually needs help imo, so no way to reason with her. I wasn't sure what to think. Given the choice of thinking, someone not mentally doing well will see it was making fun of her weight whereas someone with good self regard would just laugh it off. It's a good test actually used in psych. How does the patient respond to such images that can go either way. 

The thing is, in the state she's in and her history, such things will be taken negatively. She's already down on herself, actually needs help imo, so no way to reason with her. I wasn't sure what to think. Given the choice of thinking, someone not mentally doing well will see it was making fun of her weight whereas someone with good self regard would just laugh it off. It's a good test actually used in psych. How does the patient respond to such images that can go either way. 
I get that.  I just don't see how the intent was to be insulting.  The response isn't really related to that.

Users who are viewing this thread