What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fairly big dynasty deal (potentially) (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Need some help hashing this out.  I am in a rebuild and really looking for picks for my players, but this one has me curious.  16-team IDP dynasty.  Scoring is pretty typical but it is 1.25 PPR for TE while RB/WR gets less (.5, .75).

Would give:

Kareem Hunt (3 year contract)

Corey Davis (5)

David Njoku (4)

Jonathan Allen (1)

Lavonte David (3)

Harrison Smith (3)

Would receive:

Chase Edmonds (3)

KeeSean Johnson (taxi squad)

George Kittle (2 - this is going to be the problem... after next year I will need to spend a LOT to retain this guy... the franchise tag rule is NOT owner-friendly)

Christian Kirksey (5)

Fred Warner (7)

Morgan Burnett (1)

--------------------

My questions, really, are centered around ability to retain Kittle (as I mentioned above, the franchise tag rule sucks... you pay a LOT and are only able to keep him for another year), and whether we think David Johnson is done in Arizona, leaving the door open for Edmonds.

Upgrade from Njoku to Kittle is sizable, though. 

Not a huge Hunt fan with as good as Chubb has looked.  

Not sold on Davis, especially with how TEN's offense has looked.  Yes, Tannehill has injected some life but I think AJ Brown is the long-term #1 there. Maybe I'm wrong.

David will be 30 this coming season, and I do like the combo of Kirksey and Warner tied up for 5+ years.  

Losing Smith is not a huge deal, safeties can be found and Burnett could probably be kept for cheap.  

----------------------

Sorry for long, drawn-out post.  Anyone have thoughts on this?  I'm tempted to ask for some cash to offset Kittle's contract.  Thanks FBGs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like what you would be keeping better.  I think Hunt will find a home elsewhere and be back to a top 15 RB.  I also am not that big on Kirksey or Warner.  They are fine but just bench depth.  I also really like Jonathan Allen.  He is healthy and doing well. 

Thanks.  Yeah, now the deal is morphing and not in the way I'd like to see.  I think I'm going to hold.  I like Kittle but it would be a huge risk taking him on with only 1 year (after this) remaining.

Users who are viewing this thread